[OMFG] Mesmer Jumping Puzzle Race

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

We did this once in my guild and it was AWESOME.

There’s plenty of jumping-puzzle places in the open world literally perfectly suited for races. What say we have a little competition this weekend and next? That should hold us until the BoTM next month.

I’m thinking we’ll have 3 judges who’ll decide where the starting locations for each race will be (so no one else knows beforehand) and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place winner gets some sort of reward. What ya’ll think?

Tentative Date: This Sunday & next Sunday.

Currently need: Need an EU coordinator / 3 Judges (Pyroathiest potential judge) / Someone to stream/record.

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jhughes.8341

Jhughes.8341

I’m down for this! JP’s are my favorite

in Mesmer

Posted by: CyberMurmeli.3061

CyberMurmeli.3061

Sounds like a lots of fun, gotta be there! (still fun when you fall from last block huh?)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

No portaling allowed?

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

At first I was gonna say probably not but .. Hell, why not? I mean we’re all Mesmer here so its not like it’s unfair.

in Mesmer

Posted by: colesy.8490

colesy.8490

Chaos, do you still do that mesmerised podcast? I’d love to see more of that tbh.

Sanctum of Rall (NA) – [LOD] – PvE/Dungeon Phantasm Mesmer build
Morrï (Mesmer) | Serah Mahariel (Guardian) | Morrï Mahariel (Warrior)
“colesy’s on rampage today. Slaying casuals left, right and centre” – spoj

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Uh…I nominate myself as a judge on account of absolute jumping puzzle incompetence…

As far as mesmerized goes…I will be doing my best to roll out some more of those, but I’ve had very little time lately, so we shall see.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Yeah, I was only in that one extended Mesmerized episode. Pyros signature has the entire list.

Pyro you get to be judge ONLY if we don’t already have three. It’ll be 10 times more hilarious to have you recording the race from the loser’s perspective. =P

Oh, speaking of which, we also need someone to be a commentator for extra lulz.

How does Sunday sound for everyone? And can anyone coordinate the EU side? Alissah?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Yeah, I was only in that one extended Mesmerized episode. Pyros signature has the entire list.

Pyro you get to be judge ONLY if we don’t already have three. It’ll be 10 times more hilarious to have you recording the race from the loser’s perspective. =P

Oh, speaking of which, we also need someone to be a commentator for extra lulz.

How does Sunday sound for everyone? And can anyone coordinate the EU side? Alissah?

Hmm, no idea, actually, but I’d like to!

This week I have holiday from school/prison, so on the sunday I have to prepare some presentation. I have no idea what I’m going to say, but it has to be atleast 1 and a half hours long. Wish me luck :/.

That said, I’m super excited for this event :D. We used to do all kinds of jumping puzzles back in The Luminati
The actual jumping puzzle starts in the 8th minute :P.

We also did a hide and seek
which was, so awesome :o, for some reason :D

oh, and sure, I can try to coordinate for the EU side. Just dont stop looking for potential others :p

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Alissah.9281

OMG I have an idea.

Does anyone know that one puzzle, where you have to carry a bomb past griffons, and it decreases your defense to they 2 shot you? Its a really open place with platforms you have to jump on, so someone can stand at a nice spot and film everything.

And here are some ideas for rules:

• Getting to the finish with the bomb gets you 100 points for first, 90 for 2nd, 80 for 3rd etc. (but atleast 20 points).
  • Getting to teh finish without a bomb gets you 50 points, -10 for each racer that already finished (but atleast 10 points).
  • There are several checkpoints along the way, maybe 1 or 2. (completing the puzzle at the fastest speed only takes like 2 mins).
  • On each checkpoint stands 1 or more Mesmers with glamour mastery and portal, that will port people up who fell down.
  • When a racer reaches a checkpoint, they get 5 points. The Mesmers who stand there simply write their name down when they come jumping. (so somehow cheating and taking a portal up shouldnt give points).
  • Racers get 1 point when they revive downed players (there should be some kind of maximum, but i cant think of anything).
  • For every 1 point, racers get a ‘fun’ reward worth 50 copper. So if someone got 100 points, theyll get 50 silver worth of rewards.
    I was thinking trick or treat bags, candy corn, exclusive food, dyes, tonics, that kind of stuff.
  • And maybe a leaderboard on the forum :P
  • On the bottom are some people who can revive players that fall off, then the checkpoints can port them back up.
  • Maybe a time limit? Like 10 mins, and people who are awesome can repeat it several times to get more points C:.

Ok, ok, I just got a new idea that is completely cheat-proof!

• At the start, we drop some fireworks bundles, that racers can pick up. They will drop it at the end, as a proof they ran the whole puzzle. the firework bundle would give the points they currently (early in this post) get for finishing with nothing. It doesn’t have a time limit, so it’s perfect for people who aren’t very good at jumping. The awesome people can still use the real bomb that has a 2 minute time limit (the game already makes it explode in your hands).

Ok, that was a lot of text. But im just tossing out ideas here :P.

I actually have another idea O.o.

• For people who are really horrid at jumping, they can drop the firework bundle at a checkpoint and then start over to get a few points. I’m pretty sure that puzzle is a crescendo, I never completed it myself :’(

Ok, that was even more text, sorry xD

(edited by Alissah.9281)

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Haha, this is very nice idea.
May I just toss some thoughts on this to make it even more fun.

The idea is that the racers will need to portal and carry the 3 judges to the end of JP as well.
This will make this easy for the judges to observe who gets there first. At the same time, it will make the race has its mesmer Portal-fest flavour LOL.

The judges are not to make any jump at all, basically just look out for portals to move forward.

Edit: Obviously with this arrangement, racers must not use others’ Portal, using one will disqualify but wheres the fun in that!

(edited by keenlam.4753)

in Mesmer

Jhughes.8341

Pretty nifty idea! Though once you know the path for Griffin Rook run it’s actually really easy. The race would be over in less than a minute or two!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Too bad I’m terrabad at JPs. The idea itself sounds funnier than all hell, though.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Jhughes.8341

I was trying to think of one that’s pretty long but also pretty hard. The only one I keep coming up with is Aetherblade

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

I like the suggestions guys, definitely some interesting ideas.

The way we had done it before was that judges chose 3 different places to have the race at so the winner would end up being whoever had the best score. One judge would run ahead of the group for some of the more confusing/complicated puzzles so that everyone had a focal point to follow.

Anyone else willing to be a judge?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

One judge would run ahead of the group for some of the more confusing/complicated puzzles so that everyone had a focal point to follow.

Erp. You mean the judges actually have to do the puzzle?

Also, your inbox is full.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Haha yeah. One of the judges have to run ahead to guide the rest.. which is hilarious when said judge accidentally falls to their death. One judge sits at the end, one judge runs the contestants, and one judge runs behind the group.

And fix’d the inbox.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sokane.1957

Sokane.1957

I am new to the guild… But, I’d be happy to be a judge. I’ve completed all the JPs outside of the clock tower… Fairly recently. Only issue I may have is depending on the zone, I may have to judge on my engi, that I hate, as my Mesmer is still being leveled.

Also, if you’re looking for some of the longer, more difficult or just fun ones; I have some suggestions. I think the most difficult, by far, was Skipping(or maybe Stepping) Stones in Southsun. Conundrum Cubed was challenging until you figured it all out. I found the Metrica puzzle fun and long, but the porting the judge angle wouldn’t work here.
There is also a laboratory one in Caledon, the aetherblade one, and possibly the Obsidium Sanctum if you want some extra risk. Just my thoughts.

Fenrit-Engineer-Ehmry Bay
Sokane Noctua-Mesmer-Ehmry Bay

(edited by Sokane.1957)

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

One judge would run ahead of the group for some of the more confusing/complicated puzzles so that everyone had a focal point to follow.

Erp. You mean the judges actually have to do the puzzle?

Also, your inbox is full.

We can go with my suggestion to make your life easy. If it’s the case, i’d like to be a judge too lol.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

Are we doing this? If so, when and where? I’d love to participate. Can probably bring along a few more mesmers from my main guild.

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Yep yup. Ill update details today when I get home

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

We should advertise this to non-members as well. I mean, we have the portals, might as well put them to good use, unless you think this might make the puzzle too crowded.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Alright guys, tomorrow at 5pm PST Ill start sending out whispers to whoever is on. I intend to start an hour from then. We’ll figure out judges and everything then. sound good?

Definitely wont mind advertising to non-mes if we’re not filled to capacity.

in Mesmer

Alissah.9281

I have to go to a cousin’s birthday today, so I can’t be on GW2 >__<