[OMFG] Mesmer Training Weekend (Vids)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

(This event, like most other OMFG events, is open to anyone who owns a Mesmer whether you are a member of the guild or not)

Anyone up for some Mes training? I personally need to learn to run some dungeons and wouldn’t mind helping some folks out in practicing for PvP/WvW. Will be shooting out whispers and announcing in Mists map chat this weekend.

Oh, also… Shooting for both US & EU, but I need to know optimal EU time schedules.

Vids from Last week:

• US- 4v4 Battle

• A snip of Tealot’s hybrid build

• Chaos vs Icy (oww =[)

• Chaos vs Xela (Fun fight! Dat pema-protection)

• Practice with Jaded Sparrow and Phy (always cool to have someone new to PvP hop in and join us!)

• vs Adruar

• That neverending boonshare draw with Kentigem

A second batch of vids will be uploaded tomorrow, mostly from the EU side!

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

I’m game! Maybe we can fine tune the S/S Staff build I’ve been running while we’re at it Chaos

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I was going to announce another pvp mes raid at the usual time, but maybe you could just run this at the same time instead?

Saturday 18th
7am West coast NA
10am East coast NA

Sunday 19th
2am (NZ), onward- Oceanic

Will that work?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Fun times for all will be had I’m sure.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

I’d be up for dungeons, but I don’t do PvP or WvW.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Tea and I ran Ithilwen through the PvP gauntlet on Saturday.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Happicakes.2054

Happicakes.2054

Tried to make it on for this on Sunday but nobody was in the NA PvP server when I entered (I believe it was bad timing on my end). Will make it a point to catch the next one at the correct time(s)! Also just wanted to say a big ty to everyone in [OMFG] for making a newb like me feel right at home!

Celeste Dalenset – Mesmer/Chronomancer
Officer – League of Tyrian Adventurers [LoTA]
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

@ Happicakes, what time did you head into the arena? We ended up moving to EU after a while.

I think Mr. Archangel took some videos of complete Mesmer 4v4 in there. As well as some of PU Icy handling 1v3s. Not fun, not fun…

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Vids are being uploaded. I ended up sick this weekend, so I was more bedridden than online, but heres some 4v4s and 3v3s and 3v2s from both the US and EU events.

US Mesmer 4v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Gd4M9Isbs

EU Sudden Death Match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_ZEKSxj2aI

Trying to beat up IcyIcyIcy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlqPIBjOCDU

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Vids are being uploaded. I ended up sick this weekend, so I was more bedridden than online, but heres some 4v4s and 3v3s and 3v2s from both the US and EU events.

US Mesmer 4v4
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i7Gd4M9Isbs

EU Sudden Death Match
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m_ZEKSxj2aI

Trying to beat up IcyIcyIcy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlqPIBjOCDU

Why were you guys trying to shatter burst icy -_-u

Rylock had the same delusions that he could 1v3/1v2 a full mesmer matchup post patch. While my allies pressured him I just summoned phants and sat patiently idle. When he did turn his attention on me I played full defence/prevention/mitigation. Mesmer is great at punishing aggressors.

Not saying icy isn’t amazing especially when he gets his pu setups out, but the strategy your team took made me sad. Need more Sun Tzu in your diet.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Meant pre patch. Can’t edit on this stupid tablet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: yolo swaggins.2570

yolo swaggins.2570

If they want, they can join [Teef] in dungeons and fractals to practice.

Liaison for [Teef]
“Please stop complaining about stuff you don’t even know about.” ~Nocta

in Mesmer

Posted by: mikelevins.4639

mikelevins.4639

Not saying icy isn’t amazing especially when he gets his pu setups out, but the strategy your team took made me sad. Need more Sun Tzu in your diet.

Strategy? I can’t speak for the others, but you give me too much credit.

I played pretty badly. I can play better, but I need to practice with a build to do that, and I need a motivation to practice before I’ll do it.

Winning 1v1s isn’t much of a motivation for me. I don’t care that much whether I win or lose a 1v1 for its own sake; it’s not what motivates me.

What motivates me is helping a team of friends have fun and perform well. What I’m looking for is a role in a team and a build that supports that role. Given those things, I have something to optimize and a larger goal that serves as motivation to optimize it.

No disrespect to others who are more motivated by 1v1 wins. It’s just not what holds my interest. Helping my friends succeed and have a good time is what motivates me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

I will try, but you guys wake up way early for me on the Weekend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Happicakes.2054

Happicakes.2054

@ Happicakes, what time did you head into the arena? We ended up moving to EU after a while.

I think Mr. Archangel took some videos of complete Mesmer 4v4 in there. As well as some of PU Icy handling 1v3s. Not fun, not fun…

@Tealots, was about thirty minutes to an hour (possibly more?) after I responded to Chaos’ whisper in game (had some stuff in my native guild to wrap up as an officer). Must have just missed everyone . Like I said, no big deal! Everyone in [OMFG] has been super nice so far and very helpful. Will catch the next one if able, and I’ll try to not make too big a fool of my casual try-hard self!

Celeste Dalenset – Mesmer/Chronomancer
Officer – League of Tyrian Adventurers [LoTA]
Fort Aspenwood

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Updated with more vids, more to come tomorrow or later today!

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Icy is great, but please stop using PU in duels! Go back to shatter!

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: mikelevins.4639

mikelevins.4639

I’d like to see Icy’s build. I run a PU condition build myself sometimes, and I’d like to see what he’s running to see if it offers opportunities for improvement.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nephrite.6954

Nephrite.6954

O_O didn’t know you were recording. This is the first time I see my toon on YouTube. Is there by chance you’ll be uploading our duel? Lol the on where you beat me non stop, cause I would like to look at the mistakes I’ve made on thief.

in Mesmer

Posted by: ToaLux.6478

ToaLux.6478

I’d like to see Icy’s build. I run a PU condition build myself sometimes, and I’d like to see what he’s running to see if it offers opportunities for improvement.

Pretty basic:
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vhAQRAsf7alknhG1YbawMNwtGLvGk5KW2IQDQObSpeHNA-TJRHwAw2fIZZAAnEABPBAA

It’s just standard condi PU. Anyway, not sure about the first Dueling trait (I think he uses Phant Fury too); but it’s whatever.

So yea.

Fil(l)aen ~ Ranger/Mesmer ~ SAO ~ GoM
The Orange Asura with the Sun Kite

(edited by ToaLux.6478)