[OMFG] Practice with thieves!

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

LF: Really good thief, so can anyone multiclass and play a really good thief? Preferably D/P thief. Must be really good, otherwise it wouldn’t be a challenge and we won’t learn anything right?

Goal: Don’t you feel like the generic forum tips on how to fight thieves don’t work anymore on higher MMRs? I thought about setting up practice duels against really good thieves so that we can have an idea on how to fight back.

I felt like “yes they hard counter shatter mesmers, but I would rather put up a decent fight than accepting this as a reality”

Event After I get thieves to practice with us, then I will schedule days on when it will be held!

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

LF: Really good thief, so can anyone multiclass and play a really good thief? Preferably D/P thief. Must be really good, otherwise it wouldn’t be a challenge and we won’t learn anything right?

Goal: Don’t you feel like the generic forum tips on how to fight thieves don’t work anymore on higher MMRs? I thought about setting up practice duels against really good thieves so that we can have an idea on how to fight back.

I felt like “yes they hard counter shatter mesmers, but I would rather put up a decent fight than accepting this as a reality”

Event After I get thieves to practice with us, then I will schedule days on when it will be held!

I can try and contact a really good thief I know but he has been on hiatus.
( I mean like rylock lvl. except for d/p + p/d thief ).

Anyways if this is for after the patch i’m all for it until then ill be theory crafting XD

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Anyways if this is for after the patch i’m all for it until then ill be theory crafting XD

Nice, I mean even if this was before patch, it would’t really any different than after patch, I am guessing it would be the same rotations, etc but with more traits. So knowing when, what to dodge and do will still be a good thing to know.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sadrien.3470

Sadrien.3470

Nice, I mean even if this was before patch, it would’t really any different than after patch, I am guessing it would be the same rotations, etc but with more traits. So knowing when, what to dodge and do will still be a good thing to know.

If you wan’t to know what to dodge I can tell you pretty fast, how to dodge it maybe not as quickly lol…

Have fun. Be Alive. K Thnx Bye.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

I think the skill floor on proper dodging has been raised significantly by the nerf to Vigor. This is definitely going to be a key factor in fighting Thieves, who have it much better with Endurance regen then most others.

Sounds like fun though. I hope you share your results and tips & tricks if this all happens. I don’t play Thief and I play too sporadically to make any scheduled events possible.

GL!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Quadox.7834

Quadox.7834

I think the skill floor on proper dodging has been raised significantly by the nerf to Vigor. This is definitely going to be a key factor in fighting Thieves, who have it much better with Endurance regen then most others.

Sounds like fun though. I hope you share your results and tips & tricks if this all happens. I don’t play Thief and I play too sporadically to make any scheduled events possible.

GL!

“I think the skill floor on proper dodging has been raised significantly by the nerf to Vigor.”

I guess so, but this makes DE much worse, which is huge for mesmer.

Yaniam [Mesmer]

^ Usually only characer that i play on

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Why not ask the folks over in [Teef]? Bunch of good guys over in the thief guild.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Why not ask the folks over in [Teef]? Bunch of good guys over in the thief guild.

I could try, But I am pretty strict with my standards, the thief must be really really good to get you thinking.

Skcamow told me we can either try Supcutie or tron Jeremy

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I could try, But I am pretty strict with my standards, the thief must be really really good to get you thinking.

Skcamow told me we can either try Supcutie or tron Jeremy

There are other good d/p thieves as well, supcutie may be able to help get us muffinz for a bit. In any case I’d be happy to help round some thieves up if you need it.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)