[OMFG] Saturday/Sunday Night Fights!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Who has a new computer? THIZZ GUY!

After a bit of a hiatus I shall be back on GW this weekend, and as always I’ve got my sights set on PvP. Just giving a heads up that I’ll be sending out mass w/ for some duels and some team matches around 8pm EST saturday and/or sunday.

Also, Sunday, lets make something happen. Dungeons anyone?

UPDATE: This will now be an event that we’ll go for every Saturday and/or Sunday.

OTHER UPDATE: Since I spent the majority of my time on NA last weekend, this weekend I shall be getting smacked up in EU. =P

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

One day while out working I witnessed a woman locate a brick from only god knows where and attempt to lodge it in the windscreen of two men about to drive away from a scene outside a related house. Judging by the slew of verbal abuse spewing from her mouth (Telling them to ‘get their F’n A’s out of there’) it was clear that one of the men was an absentee father to some kids back inside who’d come by in a rare attempt to say ‘Hi’.

So ChaosA, wait here while I go find a brick.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Oh its cool, I don’t have a car!

=P Though I have seen this little schism forming in the community over viability and skillful play and whatnot, what’s up with that?

So far from what I’ve seen its been Wile, BlackDevil, and friends vs you, Messiah, and MailMail over stuff like MtDs viability and the opponents y’all face.

Seems a bit odd, considering different tiers of play and such, though y’all have gotten me curious about giving Maimed another shot to see which argument is more accurate.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

I will not be around Saturday, but Sunday can be some fun. It’s good to see you pop up again. I’ve only been on every now and then, but sorely lacking in pvp friends.

Ignore the division on the forums. It’s practically Congress up in here.

Looking forward to the fun.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Seems a bit odd, considering different tiers of play and such,

This has actually been the one consistent message being said. Though Blackdevil, Wile and Co. have been bypassing the details of those threads and simply been repeating the message “IP Shatter is the only viable build for all time, FOR ALL TIME!” ~Kanya West. So you’ve got this situation of people talking past eachother. Though while personally I’ve not been hung up on MtD (I’m not even running it), this IP shatter “thing” flying around is happening across all threads and build-threads. Which has lead to the constant response of “err, if we’re talking viability mesmer is utterly unviable given current trends, including IP Shatter”. Also the less argument that outside of the co-ordination of a torny team, IP shatter is quite possible weaker than other options BECAUSE it’s so reliant on teammates to make up for its major shortcomings.

Add to this the attitude that unless you’re playing IP shatter you’re not actually skilled/playing some sort of easy mode spec. Which is actually scrub mentality hard at play, so you’ve got that vile elitist, albeit misguided attitude in the mix, so yeah, the community seems to be going through some very base level playing to win gammer issues atm.

Make of it what you will.

http://www.sirlin.net/articles/playing-to-win

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

If I’m available, maybe I’ll stop in to get rekted by my fellow Mesmers. They really are my worst match ups by far when dueling. I need the practice.

So far from what I’ve seen its been Wile, BlackDevil, and friends vs you, Messiah, and MailMail over stuff like MtDs viability and the opponents y’all face.

You make it appear to be a gang war!! I think it’s a discussion worth having, but at different points, people on both sides have made the discussion non-constructive and unhelpful.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

If I’m available, maybe I’ll stop in to get rekted by my fellow Mesmers. They really are my worst match ups by far when dueling. I need the practice.

You make it appear to be a gang war!! I think it’s a discussion worth having, but at different points, people on both sides have made the discussion non-constructive and unhelpful.

Mesmer gang war?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b2ClSABkDp8&feature=player_detailpage#t=298

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

1. Congratz to your new computer!
2. Sadly, this is gonna be NA-only. And at a time where I should be sleeping.
3. What the… @video. I guess this movie is supposed to make sense somehow? (I think I get why you’ve posted it and all, but I mean the movie by itself xD)

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

1. Congratz to your new computer!
2. Sadly, this is gonna be NA-only. And at a time where I should be sleeping.
3. What the… @video. I guess this movie is supposed to make sense somehow? (I think I get why you’ve posted it and all, but I mean the movie by itself xD)

West Side story is one of the greatest broadway musicals of all time.

That said, when someone says “gang wars” in relation to Mesmers, for some reason manly men leaping around while locked in a dance battle seems super fitting : D

in Mesmer

Saturn.6591

…okay. Guess that’s why I’ve thought I’ve read the name before. But what I’ve seen in the video didn’t impress me like, at all. ^^

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

…okay. Guess that’s why I’ve thought I’ve read the name before. But what I’ve seen in the video didn’t impress me like, at all. ^^

Hey, I never said it was impressive.

You’re probably more of a Cats fan ; D

in Mesmer

Saturn.6591

Hey, I never said it was impressive.

You’re probably more of a Cats fan ; D

Not sure; I’ve only ever seen like maybe half of Cats or so on a video. But of course, irl I like cats a lot, and pu…meoooowww… anyway. ;D

Hmmmhm… musicals… Phantom of the Opera is awesome. Also, Space Dream 1. You’ve probably never heard of the latter one, though. ^^

On a sidenote, and slightly more on topic… who in OMFG is in/on EU anyway? I have a feeling that most (or even all) of the activity is NA-based.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nazer.7301

Nazer.7301

I’ll be on Saturday from midnight to 4am, available all day Sunday for anything mesmer related.

in Mesmer

Posted by: GLaDOS.5897

GLaDOS.5897

(…)
On a sidenote, and slightly more on topic… who in OMFG is in/on EU anyway? I have a feeling that most (or even all) of the activity is NA-based.

Some of us are. Man, does it feel lonely most of the time…

Taaun We – Vizunah Square (EUW/FR)

(edited by GLaDOS.5897)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

(…)

Some of us are. Man, does it feel lonely most of the time…

NANNAANNANANNANNANANNAA EVENT PLANNER!!!

Hellooooooooooooooooooo EUUUUUUUUU. What time on Saturday/Sunday would you be up for a similar event to this one.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Good news and bad news.

Bad news: Maaay not be able to make Saturday depending on schedule

Good news: Got a EU account now! o_O Thanks to good friends and an incredibly cheap GW2 sale

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Good news and bad news.

Bad news: Maaay not be able to make Saturday depending on schedule

Good news: Got a EU account now! o_O Thanks to good friends and an incredibly cheap GW2 sale

If people are interested and repping Saturday night and you’re unavailable, I’ll try to organize some queues. Getting some dueling going doesn’t seem to be too difficult at any point in time xD. I can try to get some other professions involved to mix it up a bit.

I also have an EU account, can help out on that side here and there.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: jenzie.4083

jenzie.4083

I would be interested in some EU dueling on sunday, preferably monday but I think it’s just me who has mondays as gaming days.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

What time is good for the EU side?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

I’ve been meaning to get my hands on an EU account. If anyone would like to PM me how that’s done, I’d be all lovey-dovey.

in Mesmer

Posted by: jenzie.4083

jenzie.4083

I can no earlier than 20.00, but I think people with more modest amounts of children in their homes would prefer earlier.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

Well look who finally decided to show up. I hope you are ready to fight me with all that rust. Looking forward to Saturday/Sunday on NA and EU

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

Thanks for the invite last night Chaos! Had a great time and look forward to it again

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Welcome back … where are our videos from the fights?

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Welcome back … where are our videos from the fights?

I was intent to record some of them but unfortunately had some technical difficulty. Hopefully someone else did but if not, we’ll get some footage next time.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

Oh its cool, I don’t have a car!

=P Though I have seen this little schism forming in the community over viability and skillful play and whatnot, what’s up with that?

It’s not just on forum, it’s in OMFG guild chat too. QQ this, QQ that. It’s a constant kitten fest about this or that is the only way to play, this or that class (or class mechanic) is too OP, mesmer so under powered, that I’d had enough. Just really not interested in all the complaining. I play to have fun and do my best within the bounds of the game and class mechanics. If I’m not doing well/dying etc then I look at myself and ask, what could I do better, maybe I should be playing a different build, maybe I’m not syncing well with my teammates, maybe I’m just playing like a noob. I don’t blame everyone and their brother for my shortcomings.

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Saturn.6591

Thanks for the invite last night Chaos! Had a great time and look forward to it again

So something actually happened? I thought it’s delayed by at least a week, since there was no actual time agreed upon yet.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

It was around 8pm. (ended up being 9 because with my luck I’d be late to my own funeral)

But it is something we’ll be doing every weekend. Speaking of which, since I was entirely on NA last weekend, I’ma be mostly on the EU side this upcoming weekend.