Obligatory Druid cynicism thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

The meta is changing at an alarming rate.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryou.2398

Ryou.2398

I dont get how some of you can be so vile, everything is still in beta and you get one thing taken taken away so you complain about druids, why fan only one class? Everyone should try to play more then one anyways.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I dont get how some of you can be so vile, everything is still in beta and you get one thing taken taken away so you complain about druids, why fan only one class? Everyone should try to play more then one anyways.

Did you even read the thread?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

While Druids do look fun and interesting, I bet they can still be locked down. :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Urgh another “Ranger finally got something nice so let’s QQ” thread.

Just back off and let us be viable for once.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Ironically, not a single person seriously QQ’d in this thread. And there are some compliments to the elite.

=D Reading helps.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

You guys must be new to the internet. You can’t get people to read stuff before commenting on it :0

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Though to be fair, druid stands to be as close to god mode as it gets for the new specializations. CC seems to be a potential counter, strength of the pack notwithstanding. They pretty much have to take that elite to not be hard countered, or have good stab sharing teammates.

I’m happy for rangers though, been a long time since they’ve seen some really cool stuff, though I do expect some balance adjustments after this weekend

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bryzy.2719

Bryzy.2719

Ironically, not a single person seriously QQ’d in this thread. And there are some compliments to the elite.

=D Reading helps.

The title of the thread alone is tantamount to QQ, or at least trying to instigate negativity. Though I do concede that the fact that OP used “obligatory” ironically suggests that QQ about Rangers getting nice stuff is always going to happen. I take it back.

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

=D Reading helps.

The title of the thread alone is tantamount to QQ, or at least trying to instigate negativity. Though I do concede that the fact that OP used “obligatory” ironically suggests that QQ about Rangers getting nice stuff is always going to happen. I take it back.

That’s why I posted negatively on this thread.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

You still owe me some ranger training sticker! You set me up with an awesome build and taught me how to press 2.

.. Then Rylock came and stomped me with my own Mesmer build. =[

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

You still owe me some ranger training sticker! You set me up with an awesome build and taught me how to press 2.

That’s your mistake, start at 5 then slide your finger from 5 to 1 hitting each number on the way.

Advanced tips: press F2 after you get to 1.

As for the thread, imagine a chronomancer powered Druid, can you say IWAY?

in Mesmer

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

While Druids do look fun and interesting, I bet they can still be locked down. :P

Yup, that’s the rock to the druid’s scissors at the moment. Not a single sun-breaker or source of stability in the new stuff. So in non PvE scenarios, a pure druid would spend his time interrupted, stunned and immobilised. You’ll probably only ever meet hybrid builds.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Mesmer

Tealots.6095

Ugh, I need to get my internet working correctly. I totally want some Ranger training too… The LB-Crusader/Remorseless build looks like a ton of fun.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Yup, that’s the rock to the druid’s scissors at the moment. Not a single sun-breaker or source of stability in the new stuff. So in non PvE scenarios, a pure druid would spend his time interrupted, stunned and immobilised. You’ll probably only ever meet hybrid builds.

Um, you realize that Druids are still rangers, right?
I mean, it’s not like Blink, Midnight and Decoy are Chronomancer skills. Druid still has stunbreaks because ranger has stunbreaks.

in Mesmer

cafard.8953

I mean, it’s not like Blink, Midnight and Decoy are Chronomancer skills. Druid still has stunbreaks because ranger has stunbreaks.

Of course, but each stunbreak and source of stability comes at the price of a utility or elite slot, barring that many glyphs and watering down the build. How much it can be watered down and still be a worthy trait line pick remains to be seen.

My feeling is that it may end up rather similar to trap builds: full trap builds are too much of a prey to cc, and hybrid builds are too costly in traits to justify. So in regards to a Mesmer, i don’t think the spec should prove too troublesome, it’ll just be a ranger with a few more heals.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amityel.5324

Amityel.5324

signet of stone stability signet shout heal shout elite you have best and almost immortal tank/healer on point you dont have to even take 1 glyph but i would take that kb glyph till nerf.

signet for stability under 50% HP did I forgot something?

in Mesmer

Tealots.6095

You’re completely right. Everything in the Ranger’s kitten nal will also be in the Druid’s kitten nal. That being said, it’s not impossible to lock down a ranger. They do have many sources of stability. With the exception of the elite shout, however, it’s not too hard to rip the stab that comes from utilities and traits, and then land an interrupt burst.

But yes, the elite is dangerous because it will refresh the boons. But there are other ways of locking someone down, such as immobilize and blind (something Mesmers have plenty of access to).

in Mesmer

Tealots.6095

Really? kitten -N-A-L gets blocked?

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

Of course, but each stunbreak and source of stability comes at the price of a utility or elite slot, barring that many glyphs and watering down the build. How much it can be watered down and still be a worthy trait line pick remains to be seen.

My feeling is that it may end up rather similar to trap builds: full trap builds are too much of a prey to cc, and hybrid builds are too costly in traits to justify. So in regards to a Mesmer, i don’t think the spec should prove too troublesome, it’ll just be a ranger with a few more heals.

That’s always been true.
Taking a stunbreak by its very nature means passing up a non-stun-break skill that does something else, something generally more powerful.
Only one of the new wells is a stunbreak, am I less of a chronomancer if I take a single skill that’s NOT a chronomancer skill?

The resounding answer is no. There is absolutely zero reason for your insistence that swapping out one or two utilities is “diluting” the elite specialization, because there really aren’t any builds that will fill every single slot with a new skill, anyway.
Berserkers aren’t only going to slot only rages,
Daredevils aren’t only going to slot only physical skills,
Tempests aren’t going to slot only shouts,
Chronos aren’t going to slot only wells,
Dragonhunters aren’t going to slot only traps,
Scrappers aren’t going to slot only gyros,
and Druids aren’t going to slot only Glyphs.

Furthermore, your declaration that having to replace a utility or two with a stunbreak makes this “a ranger with a few more heals” is frankly bizarre.
Every single staff skill heals. Celestial mode is all about heals. The entire trait line is heals. Any glyph they DO take is support/heal. You can afford to lose a couple glyphs, because you’ve got so much heal everywhere else.
We’ll see bunker and support druids all over, the real question is whether their healing outweighs the dps loss.

in Mesmer

cafard.8953

Furthermore, your declaration that having to replace a utility or two with a stunbreak makes this “a ranger with a few more heals” is frankly bizarre.
Every single staff skill heals. Celestial mode is all about heals. The entire trait line is heals. Any glyph they DO take is support/heal. You can afford to lose a couple glyphs, because you’ve got so much heal everywhere else.
We’ll see bunker and support druids all over, the real question is whether their healing outweighs the dps loss.

I’ll bow to your wisdom and accept that you’re a better player than me. My feeling is that the staff skills and traits will only pull their weight in a group situation. I can’t see the solo bunkering working as that celestial bar may not fill up quick enough to compensate the damage avoidance of evasive weapon sets.

Again, that’s just a probably misguided feeling, and if it sounds so ludicrous, that wasn’t the intention, so apologies.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

You are barely online tho. Rylock is an anomaly…

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus