On demand burst condi: Napalm Cat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

I find it ironic that you play music where they sing about not taking the easy road and then showing mesmer gameplay….

Aaaa but are not a mesmer suppose to take every opportunity to troll those who are trollable? I thought, always it will hit somone and tossed the dart into the dark

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

I know I’m going to get trash talked by other Mesmer players but… Osicat, can you please stop promoting PU builds or similar like these? Where perma protection, near perma regen, heavy stealth, AI (and other stuff I wont even mention, you know you class already) just outclass everything you encounter? Making these junk builds popular is definetly not good for the game as a whole.

Flame away fellas.

When I sitt down and try create a new build looking at al sigils and runes around I try build a build as strong and flexible as possible, with harmony in al different traits.

Example:

A build i making need condi clense, mantra heal + trait give condi clense, add baltazar runes the condi clense both give heal and dmg = a player who mele hitts you and put condition on you you can heal to 1 heal dmg taken, 2 drop conditions apply, 3 counter attack with a 6k burn.

This harmony and build making in the end fits perfectly with PU, why woud I cripple my caracter and not take the best possible trait cause it have bad rep?

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: Schattenlied.4873

Schattenlied.4873

I know I’m going to get trash talked by other Mesmer players but… Osicat, can you please stop promoting PU builds or similar like these? Where perma protection, near perma regen, heavy stealth, AI (and other stuff I wont even mention, you know you class already) just outclass everything you encounter? Making these junk builds popular is definetly not good for the game as a whole.

Flame away fellas.

Haha, i thougth almost the same when I met a roaming duo of Napalm Cat + condition necromancer today (I´m glad I was not in teamspeak at this moment^^). On the other hand, this shows perfectly that the build is working as intended, it´s really strong, extremly annoying to fight and not as bad at chasing as i thought when I first read about it. Of course I would like Osi to come back from the dark side of PU and condition builds, but i definitly understand the need to make builds as strong as possible.

Xaverí [RUN] [OMFG] [TDS]
Sylvari-Mesmer
Kodash

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Osi, other than your underwater weapon, what weapon did you choose to put your condition stacking sigil on then swap out after 25 stacks?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

Flame away fellas.

Osi isn’t a scrub. He plays to win, as many of us do. This means he uses the best builds he can make, with no regard to what scrubs think is ‘fair’.

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

What Pyro said.

Every class has their own ‘OP’ build that works best for the situation, especially since Anet has been nerfing our typical shatter and glamour builds and pushing us into PU and phantasm builds.

Blame Anet.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]

in Mesmer

Posted by: nyaonyao.8402

nyaonyao.8402

Flame away fellas.

“can you please stop promoting…”
“junk builds”

Well, now! If you haven’t yet, Osicat has a pinned build thread that has non-PU based builds. Oh, if you have non-“junk” builds you would like to share with the Mesmer community you’re welcome to do so. Anytime now…

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Pyro, cheers mate and just as you say. I would feel wery bad post a build I feel is inferior, tbh unless I feel a build is extremely strong at what I design it foor I would feel ashamed for post it. Play to win and build to be as strong as possible.

Example, if you have access to night vision goggles and your enemy don’t, will you turn those of to have a fair game? Maybe play fair if it’s football but now it’s roaming and I see no reason to turn my off.

@Xavi, I stack condis with a staff, the chaos storm + burn aoe,s let you stack 14-16 stacks in 1 pull at the coyotes in south.

@All, I will make a small instruction video for some basic combos I use in this build depending on if the target have condi cleanse or not. Also a thief gank tactic I used with extremely good effect.

/Osicat

Ps, Kitten the kitten Karma, regret Almost I posted this build, I got ganked by a duo of 2 Napalm cats from Auora glade earlier 2 night. Used al my clenses and bam, 6 new conditions and 18 sec of burn on me S:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neurophen.9738

Neurophen.9738

This build is great although I do miss travellers runes out of combat!

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

I would just like to add Balthazar Nade Engies can be just as bad or worse.

Edit: I also miss Traveler’s runes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

Ok, this may be a dumb question (which most of mine are) but wouldn’t this build be fairly easily countered by a LB/GS Ranger or one of those shout heal Warriors? I would think that being as they both have decent anti-conditions and high mobility that they would be able to kite the Mesmer around.

Sorry, I’m not trying to be critical as I honestly am trying to think moves and counter-moves against multiple classes/builds.

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Flame away fellas.

Don’t promote scrub play. Play to win.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lord Jim.3971

Lord Jim.3971

Ps, Kitten the kitten Karma, regret Almost I posted this build, I got ganked by a duo of 2 Napalm cats from Auora glade earlier 2 night. Used al my clenses and bam, 6 new conditions and 18 sec of burn on me S:

All those months of wanting be an op HGH burn duration engi (yes we all think hes cheating too… :p) and you finally come up with (albeit a fair amount of help from Anet) a way to stack stupid amounts of burn on people as a Mesmer and you get ganked with it, such is life.

Was playing about with these runes this morning and its quite entertaining being able to drop 6 secs of burn with very little chance of people dodging though you do start doing silly things like blinking into the enemy group to make sure the proc on mantra charge hits. When/if Anet fix iElasticity these runes and 0/20/30/0/20 would open up a more shatter orientated playstyle with the staff clone bounce and 2 sec burns, can trade the Sigent for cleanse mantra and still have the same condi damage.

As for PU, its no better or worse than GS warrior gimmick or Pistol Whip spammage gimmick or Dire, Perplexity + Dhumfire Necro pre-ptach gimmick, people should just be glad the Mesmer isn’t running Chaotic Interruption and knows what to do with it….

Conchis – Tchuu Tchuu I’m A Train [TCHU] – Gandara

in Mesmer

Pyroathiest.4168

Ok, this may be a dumb question (which most of mine are) but wouldn’t this build be fairly easily countered by a LB/GS Ranger or one of those shout heal Warriors? I would think that being as they both have decent anti-conditions and high mobility that they would be able to kite the Mesmer around.

Sorry, I’m not trying to be critical as I honestly am trying to think moves and counter-moves against multiple classes/builds.

Shout heal soldier runes traited warhorn warriors are just an enormous pain to kill in any condition build. You can do it if they stick around long enough, but it’s honestly not worth your time.

I fail to understand how a LB/GS ranger would counter this. Poor active condition removal, poor mobility…

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Vs heavy cleansers, make sure to not stack burn from torch on top of heal burn. Let 1 st burn hit + staff burns! then when cleansed use heal for a new burn + staff.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: FinalPatriot.8034

FinalPatriot.8034

I fail to understand how a LB/GS ranger would counter this. Poor active condition removal, poor mobility…

Sorry, I was mistaken. I was thinking GS but it’s actually the LB + S/D build listed below:

Anti-Condi Ranger

Laura Seranus – Mesmer –
“Shatter Me!”
“I am become death, the destroyer of worlds.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Nothing to do with junk builds.
If a build is effective at what the player wants to do – with most of these PU builds, 1v1 combat – then why not use it?

I’d in fact question anyone who doesn’t use such a build and isn’t an underdog-centric player. Why not use the more effective build, if results are what you desire?

Okitteneep in mind that for all it’s 1v1 power – still a fully unsupported and in fact discouraged combat format – most PU builds falter massively once the fights become larger. They usually hold up in the super-smallscale combat formats like sPvP, but that’s to be expected. And let’s be honest, smallscale combat in RPGs cannot be balanced to begin with.
But make it larger, 10v10, 15v15, larger, and PU completely falls off the table. Who cares if you can survive well?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eucalyptus.9784

Eucalyptus.9784

Osi,

I’m assuming a build like this uses very situational shatters? And probably only ever daze/confusion shatter, unless downing a player?

I was looking at the Blackwater Mesmer build, but I like the fire offense aspect of this. Would they play similar? Always wanting as many clones out as possible, and preferably staff ones?

Are there any quick switches that can be made for a much larger, say defending a Zerg, style fight with this type of build?

Cheers,
E.

Hybrid PU Clone Spam Build – Chaos Clones

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

I’m definitely thinking that the torment sigils just don’t match up to double energy. Other than that, looks pretty good.

I concur with you on this one. Kind of regret buying torment sigil since one stack per 5 seconds isn’t doing much by itself. Any suggestion on sigil choice that applies more reliable condition? I already have the energy sigils on me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

I’m definitely thinking that the torment sigils just don’t match up to double energy. Other than that, looks pretty good.

I concur with you on this one. Kind of regret buying torment sigil since one stack per 5 seconds isn’t doing much by itself. Any suggestion on sigil choice that applies more reliable condition? I already have the energy sigils on me.

If you plan on swapping weapons a lot, doom and hydromancy are both good. Mesmers don’t really have a reliable way of applying either poison or chill.

Second Child

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

Fine things al is free to do their own thing But personaly I feel an extra condition up in the line is more worth then the energy. Not for its dmg but for teh snowball effect. Enemy who et 2-3 high dmg conditions clear those and handle it. Player who get 2-3 high dmg stacks and 3 other conditions have wery hard handle it.

1st attack, blind, burn, poison torment, bleed, vouln, folowed by confusion and if he kill a clone cripple. ITs a long list and hard to manage.

/Osicat

in Mesmer

Pyroathiest.4168

If you plan on swapping weapons a lot, doom and hydromancy are both good. Mesmers don’t really have a reliable way of applying either poison or chill.

Avoid hydromancy. If you have that on a set and you swap in stealth, it’ll still do the aoe chill+damage, revealing you. It severely limits your flexibility.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Go figure, and I’ve got hydromancy on my torch. I also have a couple of geomancy on other weapons. Something to keep in mind, then.
As for other Sigils, I run Torment/Ice on Staff. Figure it adds cover condis and a bit of control.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Eucalyptus.9784

Eucalyptus.9784

Osi,

Could you give a quick list of “combos” you do with this play style?

For instance, do you always start with Torch stealth, then appear for Burn, then Torch 2 for a hopeful torment start? Do you try to only produce staff clones unless intending on shattering? Always use heal on CD for burn? Etc.

Thanks. Just looking for tips on a “sequence” to follow when possible.

Hybrid PU Clone Spam Build – Chaos Clones

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

nice osi
i use same variant b4 the patch while testing the old balthazar with my poof retaliate build
as you i agree its no fair build but so fun
keep up the work and vids

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mydnyght.5026

Mydnyght.5026

Hey osicat, out of curiosity, the on demand burst from that build is based on fire from heal + poison ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: WhiteRose.6934

WhiteRose.6934

Flame away fellas.

I fully agree, but as you can see the “Forum Celebs” and fanboys (and girls) do not. Unfortunately the state of competitive players has become “use what’s easy” and anything else is subpar and makes you a scrub.

I’ve learned to use it to my advantage. You always know what people are going to be using, so prepare to counter it. It’s what makes fighting other mesmers so easy lately.

Genesis Theory [GT] – Henge of Denravi

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neurophen.9738

Neurophen.9738

Do we really have to wheel sirlin.net out again? WhiteRose you seem to be under the misapprehension that competitive players have ever decided to fight with one hand tied behind their backs. That has never happened and will never happen until the heat death of the universe.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Flame away fellas.

I fully agree, but as you can see the “Forum Celebs” and fanboys (and girls) do not. Unfortunately the state of competitive players has become “use what’s easy” and anything else is subpar and makes you a scrub.

I’ve learned to use it to my advantage. You always know what people are going to be using, so prepare to counter it. It’s what makes fighting other mesmers so easy lately.

You say you fully agree but go on to demonstrate that you play to win. Oxymoron.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

The question is, are the staff burns necessary? The staff brings its usual whole heap of survive, but the build lacks any kind of swiftness and mobility outside of blink (and situational staff leap). Doing away with staff you can still maintain burn pressure while adding in that witch the build sorely lacks. It also opens up trait options.

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQRAsf7dl0npRtlpxNNcrNitxY6OuoiTWzKlMghB-TFyCABAcgCOZ/h90FkiGiLV/JRlgZp8TPtKBAOA47dXe3l3tUALqsC-w

Now We have 15.5s swiftness on 20scd, plus the focus utilities including the warden + curtain condi cleanse on a 20s cd. Free’s up a util and/or replaces torch which has the longer CD anyway (though can’t compare in sake of ease).

Or drop focus cd and take Vigorous Revelation for 100% vigor up time via shatters. More dodges, more clones. Or if you want to be really alternative take compounding celerity and have near swiftness speed for chasing, drop the focus and take pistol *cough*madness*cough*.

You lose a little bit of condi damage changing the setup, but it’s not so bad as to make any significant impact.

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Mydnght, With on demand I mean the build apply high dmg conditions based on your active gameplay ( mainly from combo of wepswap and combos of septer chain alternative chaos storm + aa just as torch or heal burn hits). Previous PU builds lacked kitten demand dmg and needed your opponent to kill clones, trigger septer block and hit when confusion was up.

2 Big changes in the patch turned this 1 you can now have dubble on demand condition sigils, 2 Balthazar runes with 10 sec cd turned condition.

The build by this not giving up the on death traits and septer block torment, meaning a enemy who try pressure you will take a lot of nasty counter dmg.

@Boss Riddle, thing is that the build only lack mobility OUTSIDE of combat, in combat enemy usually in range for a 1200 y blink meaning you can blink past a enemy and use staff to keep in front of him. Also, if chased by a team you faster with a staff than with a focus not taking into point the focus phantasm is bugged. This as you can constantly blink away from the chasers.

For speed between point a – b I use focus in my bag.

Still ofc, I love if ppl find new ways to play the setup, I can only talk for myself and what I find true, still staff terrain climbing (up rocks and ramps) is sick in mobility terms.

I have tested 0-4-6-4-0 some thu with trait on extra dmg on septer, it’s close to hied proof du to low cd on septer. Also tested 0-6-6-2-0 with mantra x 3 and portal, that one is sick in terms of survival/dmg due to 2650×3 heal and 6 condi clenses every 10 sec.

Would love see a speed signet thu, leaving speed for mesmers undependent on what runes/weeps you use.

@Whiterose, do “what easy” =" bad" and “what’s hard” = "good"for you so why don’t you play without traits? I sure it would land on the “good” side.

Or we can do like this, let everyone play what build they like, then let the game designers decide what traits to be arable to chose. I think that sound fair. Or ofc if it make you feel elite, go round and tell ppl what and how to play. Maybe make a thread:

The allowed spec to play for mesmers By WhiteRose

Personally I only show what work for me, I sure I do countless mistakes in my builds and Would not dream of say my build is only " fair" or “correct” way to play.

I find it rather arrogant to tell others what they can and can’t play to stay “cool” and prefere to just show what work for me (even if it’s not cool, just good at kill stuff).

/Osicat

(edited by Osicat.4139)

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

Lol but really? PU power still strongest solo roaming build. If you die vs conditions then its a l2p issue. I fight with 2 cond removal on a 20 seconds healing, aka menders purity with ether feast and I don’t have that much problems with them conditions.

Couldn’t agree more. Proof @ 1:57:25 http://www.twitch.tv/doiidrg/b/521774600

PU makes everyone look good. Apart from when they look bad.

The strongest solo roaming build is 7mirror lockdown. Knight’s gear with Melandru, -cond duration food, Valk weaps with might sigils, Cav’s trinkets, 4 4 6 0 0 Chaotic Interruption and Halting. No one can possibly kill you, unless you’re outnumbered 5v1.

BTW, blurred frenzy doesn’t save from confusion :-D

Showing the worst fight in weeks wow. I played bad there, so yes it’s a l2p issue.
That build has no way of even escaping with no speed. Also, that build would lack lots of power. It wouldnt even come close to killing tanky specs.
Halting strike? Really? Over 15% phantasm damage which is your main source of damage? Do yourself a favour and stop talking cause you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Actually BF evades pretty much all skills besides shocking aura and ‘’when hit’’ effects. As you can clearly see I failed to evade the blind+confusion projectile there and got caught by the pry bar.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hollywood.3490

Hollywood.3490

Showing the worst fight in weeks wow. I played bad there, so yes it’s a l2p issue.
That build has no way of even escaping with no speed. Also, that build would lack lots of power. It wouldnt even come close to killing tanky specs.
Halting strike? Really? Over 15% phantasm damage which is your main source of damage? Do yourself a favour and stop talking cause you have no idea what you’re talking about.

Actually BF evades pretty much all skills besides shocking aura and ‘’when hit’’ effects. As you can clearly see I failed to evade the blind+confusion projectile there and got caught by the pry bar.

So that’s how you act, when someone puts a burning sword up your butt :-) 2/10, for you didn’t read it was 4 4 6 0 0 I was talking about, which uses +15% AND halting.

20s 2cond removal still gets you self-killed and not only with help from engies. Especially if someone’s just smart enough to re-apply confusion AFTER you have used your heal.

Again.

4 4 6 0 0 full knight’s w/ Melandru, valk weaps w/ purity and might on swap (s/p + staff), cav trinkets, lemongrass. (II, III) (II, X) (V VIII XI). Did that go through your shield of arrogance +5 or shall I try different approach?

Johnny [TCHU]

in Mesmer

Hollywood.3490

http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fhAQNAsaWlknpGtNqxMNcrNipxY6biJHSGQClskxB-TVSDwAzU/J3+Di0HkQJYVleQVGU5UAg5JAAwEUAAEA25OP6OPaSBwkyI-w

I don’t understand where’s the lack of power you’re talking about. 2.1k base with might stacking on weapon swap and interrupts. You can throw sigils of purity away too and put strength instead for even more power, because conditions won’t last long enough to deal significant damage on you.

Johnny [TCHU]

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

No thats how I react when someone makes sacrasm and annoying posts about me without him even knowing anything about the class or builds. I did read and I’m actually more surprised how less you know about your own class.

You would take halting strike over GS reduction? Just… wow… no just no.

staff? ..st…af…? Wow.. STAFF?! okay heres where you miss damage:
1. 15% crit chance
2. Staff instead of Greatsword
3. Sigils on weapons.

While you are pewpewing them bubles and having a hard time even getting close to me I already took away 1/2 your hp. Why? Because staff adds nothing in WvW. Neither are you applying many conditions (which don’t last long anyway) so your iwarlock will never come close to even hitting what my izeker would hit. Then you fail on chasing enemies because of no speed and no ranged preasure. You are forced to come close to enemies so of course you need your -condition duration to survive. That’s where your build, or eh.. 7th mirrors.. build, is totally making itself bad. You need to compensate with runes and food to make up for the lack of damage and ranged preasure. It has no use at all and doesnt make any sense.

Anyone running with my build could steamroll the build you’re running. And if they don’t kill you, well no problem because you can’t chase, you can’t deal enough damage to even kill.

Maybe you realise now why its far from usefull. PU are the best roaming builds, period. And if you can’t handle them conditions? Well run off? It’s no shame to reset fights in WvW if you can. WvW is far from balanced anyway, so why not?

p.s.: didnt even see you are using chaotic interruption. You, sir, will never escape 1v2’s. And yes, you will need to escape 1v2’s sometimes cause you are not gonna survive with this build against 2 skilled players.

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

Osi, what Dire pieces did you choose? Gloves & Boots?

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

BlackDevil and Hollywood, no dissrespect but I would love if we culd try move back on subject and focus on the condi PU builds, feel like your argument leading the thread away.

@Xavi, Armour = full dire, accesorys and weps full Rabid is what I use atm, I have a dire staff aswell I use some days when I run 0-6-6-2-0.

/osicat

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

Hi Osi – always love your builds and videos – please keep up the great work.

I’m wondering how you feel this compares with the PU phantasm builds as a roamer. I tried experimenting with some condi PU builds (I was trying 0/0/6/2/6 and trying to make torment runes and torment on shatter work), but it didn’t feel as fun as my 4/4/6/0/0 PU phantasm build. It was hard to get the same intensity of burst, and it felt more sluggish.

Do you like playing this build more than the PU phantasm builds? Do you find it more survivable in 1vX?

I think all your builds are cool – I’m just wondering how this one ranks versus the others for you.

Thx!

in Mesmer

Osicat.4139

@Eldenbri, biggest difference between this and phantasm PU in wvwv is the lack of weakness. A good player will normaly target your phantasms if you play PU phantasm, meaning theyr main soruce of dmg is gone. Example a thief who kill off your phantasms to gain stealth. Thie get more of a problem he bigger the fight gets and hwne you in a 5 vs 5 your dmg output from phantasms is alot less than in the 1 vs 1.

This build you apply dmg independent from your phantasm and its mostly AOE. Its alo a better teamplayer build.

Survival correct played for al PU builds with good/correct gearing is always exelent, biggest difference in a 1 vs x is that when I fight a 1 vs x on this and slowly kiting backwars suddenly notice 1-2 downed and i sometime to my own supprice been able to go back and get a stomp.

I say for sure this is the strongest roaming PU build I played. Its also wery wery flexible, as you now can change traits out of cobat i sometimes drop domination 2 and go 0-6-6-2-0 or even 0-2-6-4-0

/Osicat

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

Still seems more like a troll build to me. People can just run away from this easily. You will need the enemy staying in range and combat will you want to kill him. Any smart player will just constantly reset the fight or run away.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Well, BlackDevil … that’s the weakness of most any PU or Condi-Mesmer. Chasing power, especially over long distances. (Although, with all the QQ about PU, there are plenty of folk left who’ll sit there and get bloody well melted.)
Hell, that’s arguably why Osicat chose the Sigils/Gear in question. Build’s durable enough to take some hits, and the AoE/direct condition application can smack the living daylights out of some poor schlub who gets too close for comfort.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Malakin.2809

Malakin.2809

Not being able to chase doesn’t make a build trollish.

in Mesmer

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

Well, BlackDevil … that’s the weakness of most any PU or Condi-Mesmer.

Well Power PU with GS, sword/pistol and blink + traveller/speed runes can catch most people.

I would agree this build is something to gank the unwary, not what I would call a roaming build. I think also once people see it’s the close range burn, they will either range you or avoid you. Still very interesting design but you could get similar kills from other builds with fewer disadvantages.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

what i love in pu build is the fact you dont have to chase your enemy. you just walk alone in the area. than you been spotted probably saying oh lets take that so slow mesmer. so if they stupid enough you’ll kill them so easily
in 1v1 its troll build
but in 1vX its so fun build

in Mesmer

Hollywood.3490

Anyone running with my build could steamroll the build you’re running. And if they don’t kill you, well no problem because you can’t chase, you can’t deal enough damage to even kill.

Maybe you realise now why its far from usefull. PU are the best roaming builds, period. And if you can’t handle them conditions? Well run off? It’s no shame to reset fights in WvW if you can. WvW is far from balanced anyway, so why not?

p.s.: didnt even see you are using chaotic interruption. You, sir, will never escape 1v2’s. And yes, you will need to escape 1v2’s sometimes cause you are not gonna survive with this build against 2 skilled players.

I was wondering, why are you talking about chasing or getting away from fights, since the build is a self buffing tank in essence. You don’t have to chase or get away. People will always come to you. As soon as they realise that being perma immobilized with 3 phantasms hitting them with 15 vulnerability and 15 might (on mesmer), it is already too late.

Secondly, I was wondering why all of the above (chaotic immobilizes on interrupts, just to make sure) is making you unable to escape fights, since apart from people being rooted, you are rewarded with pretty much the same boons as PU (being hit while Chaos Armor is on, or standing inside Chaos Storm, or even throwing Chaos Storm on the enemy, which proccs interrupts, giving you boons all the time).

Thirdly, why on earth are you implying, that I don’t know what I’m talking about, since you haven’t even tried what I suggested. What’s the GS #4 crit on a 3k armor enemy with protection on… 1k? Congratulations.

Fourthly, PU just makes me wanna hug you with tears in my eyes. It’s like I’m looking at a poor orphan, who needs to walk the streets and look for food. My heart is broken. It makes me wanna fly all the way, meet you in person and tell you I’m sorry for everything that I haven’t done to you and then suicide.

Fiftly, please… PLEASE! Be humble. This game’s community is so not promoting acting like a piece of monkey’s kitten, so PLEASE. Just a little bit of humility. It doesn’t hurt.

Johnny [TCHU]

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

Well erm.. idk? Maybe because killing 1v2 is impossible when those 2 players are equal skilled? Any skilled warrior + burst prof can easily beat you down in seconds. Tanky or not, you will have to escape if you want to survive. Roaming builds are made to survive and escape when needed.

Yeah well here’s the deal: You dont stack immobilizes. Why? Because:
1. You have no way of removing boons
2. People will run stability
3. You have interrupts on a really long cooldown.
4. Because you lack burst your fights will last much longer, especially against multiple players. What are you gonna do if you used all your interrupts? Waste your stealth to recharge mantra of distraction? Well I can’t imagine you didn’t use that already.
5. You’re not even stacking condition duration with this build I can probably immobilize more with +40% condition duration and (if picked) lower sword cooldown.
6. People can cleanse. It’s not like, at least if, they gonna stand in 6 seconds immobilize. Cause that’s kinda what you’re saying right now. 2 seconds immobilze isn’t gonna do the job.

Because you don’t. You’re implying a build without PU, without greatsword in a power build is the best roaming build out there. This is far from true. Probably this roaming troll build is even better of osicat.
Actually no, my izerker hits up to 8k against full zerker scrubs and 3k against full tank people. But hey, sure that 600 damage on interrupt is sure much better than them lower GS cooldowns. Not only that but GS has a much better shatter synergy.

PU is what makes mesmer superior in roaming. Go ahead and use shatter or your wierdo build. It’s not gonna be much better than the most necro’s and engies do in roaming.
But Good Job! to you sir for being so rebel to not go with the meta! But please, stop implying your build is the best roaming build and stop coming with these meaningless arguments.

/////

Anyway back to the topic:

1. Osicat, why aren’t you running 20-20-30 with lower torch cooldowns instead of menders purity? This will improve your burning uptime, your stealth uptime, your condition duration overall uptime and the condition removal will only get nerfed slightly.
2. @ Advent: Sure, mesmer isn’t even made to do that, but probably the power pu build im running atm can chase people like 5x better than this build. And tbh, that is actually really important. A player only has to move 900 yards away from you, get himself a leap ready or swiftness and just start running. You can’t do anything about it.
3. Another problem I have with condition builds is the poor damage on a player who’s ressing a downed or even defeated player. It’s not like you can get yourself 3 clones up, do torch 4 and your healing in less than 3 seconds. (cause thats about the time the player resses the downed player) You will just stand there and see how they are keep ressing eachother.
4. @ malakin: I actually do see it like that. If you can’t chase but can’t escape either, then what is the build about? Standing on a single spot of the map waiting for enemy’s to fight you? And if they do? Well I can almost asure you, people will run so you may have a fight for 15 seconds and see them running off again. Not really my kind of playstyle.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Hi Osicat, thanks for sharing this build.
I’ve been playing it for days and really enjoy it. The AoE burn is very effective in group fight. I also like the increased range blink too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

After toying with Balthazar runes in a condi bunker build with Mantras I used them in a rather standard 4/4/6 PU build in PvP. I paired it with Sigils of Doom and Generosity. I also use Mirror instead of the Mantra. It doesn’t use the rune burn to its full potential but the play feels a lot more natural to me. While I can’t cap points as well as with my interrupt build it plays extremly well. I usually only die when I get focussed by 2 or more players. The burn on heal is extremly nice against glassy Thieves.

To be honest, it is lame. I was hoping for changes which encourage and enable new builds but the Sigill changes turned out to favour already powerful (condition) builds or introduced gimmicky builds which include Might stacking.

in Mesmer

Posted by: sendmark.4731

sendmark.4731

So to prove a point in this thread – today I fought someone a couple of times while they were using pretty much this build, and I was using Doiid’s build. As expected could easily keep him at range and wait for eventual mistake to burst him down. He did manage to gank some pve ranger who I couldn’t quite save though.

in Mesmer

Hollywood.3490

Yeah well here’s the deal: You dont stack immobilizes. Why? Because:
1. You have no way of removing boons
2. People will run stability

Stability does not prevent immobilize.

3. You have interrupts on a really long cooldown.

Pistol is 25s, Chaos 35s and Mantra 30s, but you can cast twice. How’s that for a really long CD? I don’t get it.

What are you gonna do if you used all your interrupts?

Well… stomp.

5. You’re not even stacking condition duration with this build I can probably immobilize more with +40% condition duration and (if picked) lower sword cooldown.

Because you don’t have to. That is exactly my point. By knowing what you’re doing, you are able to keep people rooted for long enough to land everything or disengage.

6. People can cleanse. It’s not like, at least if, they gonna stand in 6 seconds immobilize. Cause that’s kinda what you’re saying right now. 2 seconds immobilze isn’t gonna do the job.

Yup. And since your only condition removal is on a 20s CD, moreover it’s a HEAL, I just can’t wait to land mantra and finish the job, while you can’t move.

Because you don’t. You’re implying a build without PU, without greatsword in a power build is the best roaming build out there. This is far from true. Probably this roaming troll build is even better of osicat.

You’re tanky, you can build up power, you have tons of blinks and defensive utilities, you have direct control over your enemy and you can outlast anyone in a fight, while your build is literally getting eaten alive by condition specs and you can’t do anything about that for 20 seconds.

But hey, sure that 600 damage on interrupt is sure much better than them lower GS cooldowns.

If you don’t like it, then you can swap it out and get Crippling Dissipation, giving you more room to disengage or just create distance. Or guess what… you can swap Staff to GS, pick up the trait and get even more interrupts, mights and vulnerabilities.

PU is what makes mesmer superior in roaming.

PU is for people who want to play with one hand and click their skills. In other words. If you don’t know what you’re doing, you go PU. If you know what you’re doing, you pick CI.

Johnny [TCHU]