Patch Notes 14/5/13

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/news/Game-Update-Notes-May-14-2013

Mesmer:
No changes

At first I was like, “Woot” finally a patch with no nerfs; but then I looked more closely at the other classes patch notes, and noticed there had been no nerfs or buffs this patch; just fixes for all the other classes skills.

…and mesmer recieved none. So actually our apparent nerf dodge is just a stealth kick in the shin; the six knows mesmer needs fixes

Oh well, here’s to next patch xD

And seriously. Mesmer’s NEED fixes. One of my friends just started playing mezzie, and I keep having to explain “yeah I know what the tooltip says but, believe me thats not what the skill really does… yes I know it’s been broken like that since you tried mezzie in BWE3”, it doesn’t reflect well on the devs.

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

(edited by Ryuujin.8236)

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

WoW Anet.

No fix to P. Berzerker?
No fix to Scepter skill #1 confusion?
No Winds of Chaos fix for clones?

Good job.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

izerker got no love again. At least they didn’t nerf it further, I suppose.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Also a bit disappointed. But meh, I’m used to it.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

WoW Anet.

No fix to P. Berzerker?

Good job.

You forgot:
No removal of Vuln from WoC?
No rework of IMage?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

WoW Anet.

No fix to P. Berzerker?

Good job.

You forgot:
No removal of Vuln from WoC?
No rework of IMage?

Those would be balance changes not bug fixes. But still a very disappointing patch none the less.

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

This is one time where I won’t give devs flak because, as an amateur programmer, I know the pain of squinting at thousands of lines of coding for 8 hours a day, trying to find where the logic went wrong. Sometimes you get lucky and find a period that’s out of place. Other times you hunker down and painstakingly follow the coding process line by line by line through every single module over and over and over and over again until you finally find out where the logic went wrong. It’s akin to reading every Star Wars novel (and there are over 300) until you find and fix every last inconsistency dealing with Coruscant.

No, I’m not switching sides and I will still insult every stupid decision the devs have made. I’m just giving them a break on this one. The are doing what any good programmer would do; fix what you can and hope you can do more for the next release.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: FuzzyRamen.4902

FuzzyRamen.4902

We get 3 shot by Thieves still, we getting that nerf, and tank Mesmers does not work.

Mesmer need that perplexity runes in PvP.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

We get 3 shot by Thieves still, we getting that nerf, and tank Mesmers does not work.

O.o whose “we”?

I’m a little upset there were no changes, but then again unlike the other profs I play I do not see any bugs with Mesmer shrugs

PS: scepter auto isn’t a -bug- it was a nerf from beta and the text wasn’t changed to reflect it.

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

nicely done for izerker, im proud of you, anet.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Ryuujin.8236

I’m a little upset there were no changes, but then again unlike the other profs I play I do not see any bugs with Mesmer shrugs

PS: scepter auto isn’t a -bug- it was a nerf from beta and the text wasn’t changed to reflect it.

There’s quite a few in there.

Mimic is all kinds of messed up; failing to block the first hit yet once it kicks in it blocks all attacks, even melee attacks – but only if a projectile initiates it. Zerker is prone to missing it’s target entirely, many clones (most noticably Illusory Leap) tend to fail entirely if there is any kind of obstruction on the ground.

Then there’s numerous inconsistencies between how phantasms/clones relate to the caster’s stats, often ignoring things like condition duration or boon duration bonuses the user may have

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: PhelanDisturbed.1650

PhelanDisturbed.1650

I. Leap is the most depressing issue for me… I’m still learning to play mesmer and quite often I hit 3 3 2 f1 only to discover I never did any swapping. I’m not used to being penalized for trying to burst a vulnerable target

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: FuzzyRamen.4902

FuzzyRamen.4902

O.o whose “we”?

To be specific this is coming from a sPvP background, as for “we” its also the pvp community.

Mesmer need that perplexity runes in PvP.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

there are several bugs that still need addressed. Izerker being the most pressing. After that ANET’s stance on illusionary elasticity working with our illusions clones still agro random mobs too even though they said they fixed it.

Edit: Also the blast finisher on the prestige needs looked at other channel skills (churning earth) guarantee the blast finisher from the beginning so if the ele lightning flashes outside of the combo field then they still get the effect (Might/retal etc.)

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

(edited by jportell.2197)

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Durzlla.6295

O.o whose “we”?

To be specific this is coming from a sPvP background, as for “we” its also the pvp community.

That’s where i normally play my mesmer and i certainly don’t die in 3 hits from a thief, try not playing a glass canon?

@Ryuujin, i thought mimic is -supposed- to work that way, that’s why i take it in PvP, and it’s not just the first attack it’s after a short delay, if you take an attack during that delay then it will begin to block/reflect all other attacks and absorb that first one.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

it starts blocking all attacks after you are hit with a projectile, that projectile still hits you.

there is no set time before it starts blocking. infact if no projectiles hit you, then you wont block at all.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: lortnoc.9624

lortnoc.9624

Concerning iZerker:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Did-phantasmal-zerker-get-fixed-this-patch/first#post1946843

And btw: Mine hits for 4-9k (yes, sometimes it does not show any damage at all, but the mob still loses HP)

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Sometimes you get lucky and find a period that’s out of place.

That would mean that Mesmer skills, if not the entire game, wouldn’t work at all since the game wouldn’t compile…

Regardless, maintaining code can be a disgusting process if the code is poorly written. If it’s done properly and cleanly, any change shouldn’t affect other things (bug fix here, bug appears there). Sometimes the best way to fix a bug is to re-write the entire code, which isn’t always an easy option to choose… it should really only be done as a last resort.

However, minor tweaks should be happening in between builds, if not only in the alpha server (ANet’s test server). I feel like, since making a game open-source really isn’t an option, giving players information about what tests are being conducted in the alpha would really help players understand and know that progress is being made… or tested.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

This was a mid-month path to enable a story content zone. I guess the bugfixes which were in are the few which are already past testing and internal QA.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

I. Leap is the most depressing issue for me...

It’s any leap, which is even more depressing for a sword/sword player because Phantasmal Swordsman also sometimes fails for the same reason. That’s two broken skills at once.
Actually, worst thing that happened to me so far: I tried to escape and Illusionary Leap failed, at the same time Phantasmal Swordsman failed so I couldn’t kill the enemy quick enough either. I switched to staff but Phase Retreat teleported my into the ground, so I got downed and then Deception actually got me unstuck but I went straight into an AE.
First time I ragequit.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

(edited by Iruwen.3164)

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elidath.5679

Elidath.5679

Mimic is all kinds of messed up; failing to block the first hit yet once it kicks in it blocks all attacks, even melee attacks – but only if a projectile initiates it.

AFAIK, it is the intended behaviour.
In beta, you had only the “get hit by projectile then send it back later” part. It was crappy, so they added a blocK/reflect after the catch. They didn’t change the description so it’s misleading, but the skill in itself isn’t that bad. Unlike iLeap, which is truly broken

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

i still think that iLeap got better since 2 Patches ago….

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Ryuujin.8236

In beta, you had only the “get hit by projectile then send it back later” part. It was crappy, so they added a blocK/reflect after the catch. They didn’t change the description so it’s misleading, but the skill in itself isn’t that bad. Unlike iLeap, which is truly broken

Try wording a tooltip for the new version, it doesn’t make sense for a skill to work that way :P

Mimic: Manipulation – Receive full damage from next projectile attack. After absorbing a projectile, block all incoming attacks. If no projectile is absorbed, skill does nothing. (Chains to echo)

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Mimic: Manipulation – Copy the first projectile to hit you. Subsequent projectiles are reflected. Becomes Echo, which you can use to case the copied projectile.

How is this not clear? O.o

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Durzlla.6295

Mimic: Manipulation – Copy the first projectile to hit you. Subsequent projectiles are reflected. Becomes Echo, which you can use to case the copied projectile.

How is this not clear? O.o

shrugs sounds like he’s just upset we don’t have a flawless 5s block/reflect that can fire a skill back at a later time, has a short CD, and recharges even while you have a shot stored.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Didn’t the last balancing patch come out only 2 weeks ago? Besides, the other classes got either a minor nerf or tooltip fixes.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

The next big update is all bug fix focused.

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Who needs sources to backup claims.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Patch Notes 14/5/13

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fuschia.6573

Fuschia.6573

This was a mid-month path to enable a story content zone. I guess the bugfixes which were in are the few which are already past testing and internal QA.

This.

Can’t expect every update in a month where everything is focused on fixing bugs to come at the same time, and I personally am very happy that they decided to release the new content when they could and wait on pushing out the bug fixes when they are ready.

If there isn’t anything else this month I’d feel free to complain, but as it stands I’m not seeing any problems with what has happened so far.