Patch Notes

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

We were given a new skill that was fairly good. Too good really, at least for some Dev playing on his thief, and he suddenly couldn’t just own anyone he liked.

They didn’t even let us keep this skill long enough to even suggest that thieves could work on their game a bit.

At the same there is quite a list of known bugged skills that are still bugged, but this one got first class priority on a 4 day long weekend (because the thieves were affected).

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Aside from power block, are any of the other new grandmaster traits worth taking now?

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: SrebX.6498

SrebX.6498

We were given a new skill that was fairly good. Too good really, at least for some Dev playing on his thief, and he suddenly couldn’t just own anyone he liked.

They didn’t even let us keep this skill long enough to even suggest that thieves could work on their game a bit.

At the same there is quite a list of known bugged skills that are still bugged, but this one got first class priority on a 4 day long weekend (because the thieves were affected).

It was obviously an unintended bug. Whenyou first saw tthis skill did you really think it’ll work on thieves and foes with stability? Did you suddenly forget how interrupts work in this game?
Also it’s hard to say it’s useless now, it still works perfectly well on the other 7 professions you might have forgotten that exist…

[EG] Ethereal Guardians, Fort Aspenwood
Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: EverythingEnds.4261

EverythingEnds.4261

But the other 7 professions usally aren’t the ones which hardcounter mesmers.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

SrebX.6498

When you saw the trait’s description for the first time in it’s reveal a few weeks ago, did you honestly think this was going to put thieves on CD? Did you forget how interrupts work in this game?
I agree it should do something like reducing some of their initiative, but cd isn’t even a part of their mechanics…

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

It was obviously an unintended bug. Whenyou first saw tthis skill did you really think it’ll work on thieves and foes with stability? Did you suddenly forget how interrupts work in this game?
Also it’s hard to say it’s useless now, it still works perfectly well on the other 7 professions you might have forgotten that exist…

Why shouldn’t it work against thieves? Do any other classes have a trait/build that is completely redundant against an entire other profession?
You should have to build defences against a playstyle… counter play… not be automatically immune!
And its easy to say its useless now because no one will take it… therefore its redundant.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raunchy.6891

Raunchy.6891

We knew it was coming, I don’t see why anyone is surprised. I’m hardly upset even. Chalk it up as another nice thing we had that Anet took away.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fade.5904

Fade.5904

We knew it was coming, I don’t see why anyone is surprised. I’m hardly upset even. Chalk it up as another nice thing we had that Anet took away.

Thats the entire problem here..when we first tried it everyone was all shifty, like ‘omg this is actually nice…it MUST be a mistake!’ not because it was OP but because it wasn’t total kitten

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Renny.6571

Renny.6571

Aside from power block, are any of the other new grandmaster traits worth taking now?

1k healing power on interrupt! lel

elite specs ruined pvp.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: coehl.2948

coehl.2948

I honestly don’t understand what th rage is all about …

To sum it up: Here we have a profession that is riddled to the hilt with bugs, and a playerbase that has been very thorough in breaking out what those bugs were via posts on this forum. Big patch comes where these bugs were expected to be fixed.

All bugs were just adjusted to be bugged in another manner, and one new bug surfaces that’s actually sort of awesome and has potential to make said profession quite fun and useful, despite the flaky nature of its QA.

Yet out of all these longstanding and agitating bugs, the one that gets fixed with a quickness is, of course, the one that did not make this profession frustrating to play.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: cheshader.5081

cheshader.5081

First ANet did not make it clear how exactly the trait will work.
And then they had a choice: to kitten off mesmers only, or to kitten off thieves and possibly other professions.
Well… exactly the case when money talks.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: coehl.2948

coehl.2948

Well, I’ll speak for myself, but..

They can make PowerBlock a gimmick, or could’ve left it where it had potential with a few tweaks, whatever. I don’t care too much.

But the polish of this game is already disreputable, but from a standpoint of the mesmer profession, it’s in tatters. That’s the true problem. People are just more frustrated because the bugs that are irritating have remained and will continue to remain, while the one they actually kinda liked was fixed in a couple days.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Caelus.7139

Caelus.7139

I like how they fix the bugs they made with the new patch cause of a knee jerk reaction and yet they still haven’t fixed ANYTHING they were supposed to fix pre-patch and all we get are constant nerfs.

Stay classy Anet.

GW2 has taught me that being a Mesmer is about..
..being a cynical forecaster.
..being a doom-monger….and being a hopeless jinxer.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

They were pretty fast on this one, gg Anet /sarcasm. My dailies ( and everything based on daily activities such as world boss chests, temples, spvp track etc…) are broken for 5 days now but still no hot fix. I’m perplexed…

VoxL, NSPPT

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

EverythingEnds.4261

When you saw the trait’s description for the first time in it’s reveal a few weeks ago, did you honestly think this was going to put thieves on CD? Did you forget how interrupts work in this game?
I agree it should do something like reducing some of their initiative, but cd isn’t even a part of their mechanics…

Nobody expected Power Block to put thief skills on CD.
But there’s no reason to complain about a counter mechanics, even it wasn’t intended.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: etiolate.9185

etiolate.9185

It should work on thieves. A class shouldn’t be mostly immune to a part of counter play.

The real problem isn’t Power Block interrupting thieves. It’s that the entire design for thieves is bad and so a class being able to be interrupted is “an issue” when it should just be normal. But thief design is so bork that isn’t the case. =\

Zed Zebes – SBI Mesmer

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

Thanks for another now pointless GM trait.

Also how can they hotfix this so quickly, yet been months with no fix for something like illusionary elasticity?

“months”
“years”

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

SrebX.6498

It should work on thieves. A class shouldn’t be mostly immune to a part of counter play.

The real problem isn’t Power Block interrupting thieves. It’s that the entire design for thieves is bad and so a class being able to be interrupted is “an issue” when it should just be normal. But thief design is so bork that isn’t the case. =\

I agree thieves shouldn’t be immune, but I don’t think cd is the solution…
As I said before, I think it should reduce their initiative or something of the sort…

Violette Glory [Warrior]
Bala Rama [Herald]

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vuh.1328

Vuh.1328

i think this song is quite fitting: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gQKWuNbFtnw

Take your time to learn proper keybinding, it’s worth the struggle

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lord Jim.3971

Lord Jim.3971

Only thing that keeps me going on interrupt Mesmer is 80-100% condi duration Chaotic Interruption immobilises in WvW, every Focus detonation into a Necro well/DS burst makes me happy but yeah seriously wtf Anet, interrupts being a viable way to stop skill spamage for 5 days, awesome, I can smell the PU cheese its calling me.

Conchis – Tchuu Tchuu I’m A Train [TCHU] – Gandara

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Katran.9186

Katran.9186

I demand 3 gold and 20 sp refund.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

PvE/dungeon has return to the way it was, DPS only. No conditions, no interrupts, no need to build for survival or healing, just faceroll it like a berserker. That’s actually a lot more boring than paper scissors rock.

I wish Power Block can wipe 10 initiatives from thieves, and not just making them immune to it. It is silly to think a Grand Master trait has no effect on a profession.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

I demand 3 gold and 20 sp refund.

Lol, you’re right. I guess i need to send support ticket.

Now, I’m confused, anet. Stuff that was changed and it was not in patch notes is intended, but stuff that was in patch notes was unintended. Are you kidding me?
To be totally honest, power block seemed like a bit op, since it ignored defiance, but i haven’t tested it much myself, so i don’t really want to say anything more. I just know that with this change, it’s certainly useless trait now. Like all the rest new ones (from pve ascept).

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

An entire class is immune to the effect of Power Block sounds pretty unbalanced. Even if thieves are excluded from being interrupted with cooldowns involved, there should be some sort of punishment, like double initiative cost for example.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Griswold.2054

Griswold.2054

Mesmers are getting some nice stuff.

Stay tuned.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Did we actually throw a bone to mesmers?! Better hot fix it!

It is like this patch all over again:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-3-2013/first#post1139008

Warriors can stack 25 might for themselves and their party in their sleep, nobody bats an eyelid.

Mesmers can stack a decent amount of might on themselves, everybody freaks the kitten out, Anet patches it quickly and actually issues a public apology for buffing it in the first place.

This is everything we need to know about the community and the devs.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Did we actually throw a bone to mesmers?! Better hot fix it!

It is like this patch all over again:

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/info/updates/Game-Update-Notes-January-3-2013/first#post1139008

Warriors can stack 25 might for themselves and their party in their sleep, nobody bats an eyelid.

Mesmers can stack a decent amount of might on themselves, everybody freaks the kitten out, Anet patches it quickly and actually issues a public apology for buffing it in the first place.

This is everything we need to know about the community and the devs.

That incident wasn’t helped -at all- by other Mesmer players also freaking the hell out and going “OMG, so many stacks of might from Shattered Strength! Must be OP!”
I said it then, and I’ll say it now … this class honestly suffers from a degree of Stockholm Syndrome, in that; any reasonable “buff” will be met with disbelief, mentioned to the (arguably biased against Mesmers) Devs as “bugged,” and rapidly nerf-patched to crap.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

I’ve been using the new Illusions GM trait that gives torment, and I LOVE it.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

Do you think it’s worth taking over Ipersona?

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

EverythingEnds.4261

Stay tuned.

I don’t know if i should laugh or cry…
But I stick with my opinion, that Tyler is one of the guys who totally kittened up gw2…

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Do you think it’s worth taking over Ipersona?

I haven’t crunched the numbers or anything, but to me it makes sense to take it over IP in a condi build.

If you’re doing a power shatter, however IP reigns supreme for sure.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: ArmageddonAsh.6430

ArmageddonAsh.6430

It was obviously an unintended bug. Whenyou first saw tthis skill did you really think it’ll work on thieves

Why shouldn’t it work on Thieves? Why is it ONE class gets to be immune to what this trait does? This isn’t the only thing either, Chill is only 50% effective against them as well. This needs to be fixed.

If someone uses a interrupt and stops them from using a skill that skill SHOULD go on cool down. It should NOT matter if that class does not normally have cool downs. It should still be put on a 5/10 second cool down.

The same goes for Chill. It might not be able to slow down the cool down but it could be made that it slows down Initiative regen.

I think that the 10 second cool down added to Res and Finish was something that needed to be fixed. other than that it was fine.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

I haven’t play theft but from my understanding theft does not have cooldown for individual skill. Instead, the cooldown is collectively for all theft’s skills known as Initiative. For Power Lock to work properly according to the game mechanic of theft, it should accelerate the dry up of initiative pool or slow down its regeneration.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

Maybe they could make it so that Interrupts remove say 5 Initiative?

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Stay tuned.

LOL. I actually believed them this time.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Meh. That’s didn’t last long. I was still trying to figure out how best to use it.

It was probably too good to be true. Mesmers don’t get nice things.

Edit: Just found this. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Merged-topics-Achievement-bug-no-chests-dailies-stuck/page/3#post3924559

Apparently we’re more important than daily achievement bugs.

Correction: Thieves are more important than daily achievement bugs.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Herr der Friedhoefe.2490

Meh. That’s didn’t last long. I was still trying to figure out how best to use it.

It was probably too good to be true. Mesmers don’t get nice things.

Edit: Just found this. https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/Merged-topics-Achievement-bug-no-chests-dailies-stuck/page/3#post3924559

Apparently we’re more important than daily achievement bugs.

Correction: Thieves are more important than daily achievement bugs.

Right. Sorry about that. We’re mesmers….

My posts are facts as I know them, or my own opinion, and do not represent any guild.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Doug Whisper.2465

Doug Whisper.2465

The longest cooldown on mesmer untraited weapon skill is 35 sec whereas the most costly weapon skill on theft is 7 initiatives. If this is an apple to apple comparison, a successful interrupt on thefts from mesmers with Power Lock traited should cost them 2 initiatives.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

The longest cooldown on mesmer untraited weapon skill is 35 sec whereas the most costly weapon skill on theft is 7 initiatives. If this is an apple to apple comparison, a successful interrupt on thefts from mesmers with Power Lock traited should cost them 2 initiatives.

I play a thief and I can regen 2 initiative in 2 seconds. Any thief who traited Infusion of Shadow gain 2 initiative when they enter stealth. Kleptomaniac also grant them 2 initiatives when they steal. Both of these are Adept tiers and Infusion of Shadow is very common among thieves. Not to mention you won’t be able to interrupt their skill all the time, imo this isn’t a fair trade when we invested 6 into domination.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

ArmageddonAsh.6430

2 Initiative is nothing. If other classes get 10 seconds added to the cool down of the interrupted skill then 2 initiative is poor. I think it should add a cool down to the skill that gets interrupted, 5 seconds normally and 10 seconds if you have the trait. This goes for EVERY class that interrupts a Thief (minus the 10 second one of course)

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

Stay tuned.

Still tuned, still waiting……
No surprise there, the devs clearly can’t get their act together so how bout everyone stop waiting for them to do their job and roll a might stacking, invincible hambow war!

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

How much healing does 1k healing power add anyway? and if I interrupt 2 enemies do I get 2k healing?

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroathiest.4168

Pyroathiest.4168

How much healing does 1k healing power add anyway?

This depends on the healing skill. Different skills have different coefficients.

and if I interrupt 2 enemies do I get 2k healing?

No. This bonus stacks in no way whatsoever.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

This bug they fix fast, huh?

Meanwhile our other bugs go untouched… /cry

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Leo Paul.1659

How much healing does 1k healing power add anyway?

This depends on the healing skill. Different skills have different coefficients.

and if I interrupt 2 enemies do I get 2k healing?

No. This bonus stacks in no way whatsoever.

That sucks so much The boons on shatters sound good but it’s in chaos..

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: calavel.6249

calavel.6249

Regarding thieves and interrupts…

The core of the issue is that there is 0 balance/synergy between cooldowns and the initiative system. Looking at the recent major initiative changes, initiative seems to be balanced based on what thieves are capable of doing with x amount of initiative, i.e. when thieves start spamming skill x too many times and frustrating other players, they fiddle with initiative until that particular form of abuse is no longer viable.

There seems to be absolutely no thought given to how the initiative system is completely in the thief’s control and immune to any interaction from other players. You can’t mess with a thief’s initiative, period. If a thief is very very good at managing his initiative, his skill level rises dramatically because he is 100% in control of this important aspect of his character all the time.

A simple solution could be to make PB punish an interrupted thief skill with double initiative cost, because the severity of the punishment also relies on interrupting the right skill. But I highly doubt they are going to do this, because they seem content to have initiative as an internal thief mechanic that you’re not allowed to touch when playing against them.

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

Regarding thieves and interrupts…

The core of the issue is that there is 0 balance/synergy between cooldowns and the initiative system. Looking at the recent major initiative changes, initiative seems to be balanced based on what thieves are capable of doing with x amount of initiative, i.e. when thieves start spamming skill x too many times and frustrating other players, they fiddle with initiative until that particular form of abuse is no longer viable.

There seems to be absolutely no thought given to how the initiative system is completely in the thief’s control and immune to any interaction from other players. You can’t mess with a thief’s initiative, period. If a thief is very very good at managing his initiative, his skill level rises dramatically because he is 100% in control of this important aspect of his character all the time.

A simple solution could be to make PB punish an interrupted thief skill with double initiative cost, because the severity of the punishment also relies on interrupting the right skill. But I highly doubt they are going to do this, because they seem content to have initiative as an internal thief mechanic that you’re not allowed to touch when playing against them.

Which is a shame because every other class is cooldown-based, and those can be messed with. Thief traits effect initiative regen and costs, just like the other classes’ traits influence skill cooldowns. Similar mechanics, yet initiative is like an untouchable holy entity.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

The problem wasn’t the bug on Power Lock, it’s the thieve’s mechanics. I know we’re all hardcore Mesmer fanboys (me included) but it’s a bug that should have been eventualy fixed.

That being said, I find it disheartening how quick they are to hotfix this bug when there are certain skills that have been bugged for MONTHS. Decisions like this make me rethink their priorities when it comes to to Mesmer.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pumpkin.5169

Pumpkin.5169

The problem wasn’t the bug on Power Lock, it’s the thieve’s mechanics. I know we’re all hardcore Mesmer fanboys (me included) but it’s a bug that should have been eventualy fixed.

That being said, I find it disheartening how quick they are to hotfix this bug when there are certain skills that have been bugged for MONTHS. Decisions like this make me rethink their priorities when it comes to to Mesmer.

Chill affect elementalist’s mechanic and Anet doesn’t fix it. If thieves are immune to cooldowns from interrupts, elementalists should not get their attunement cooldown increased when chilled. And yet Anet never changed it, even the community asking a lot for it.
I agree about the other changes about Power Block, but a class simply being immune is not right. Is not fair. And is not even a technical problem to Power Block make thief skills have a cooldown, because it worked. It’s just a simple decision that Anet made without a good reasoning.

Pumpkin – Mag

Patch Notes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Aaaaaand they did it again…
edit: Wrong thread sorry

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

(edited by Me Games Ma.8426)