Patch is slightly better then I expected

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Mesmer
In this update, mesmers will see a reduction in readily available boon output through Signet of Inspiration. While we feel the reduction of boon uptime is necessary, we also want to help mesmer DPS builds remain sustainable. We have implemented several changes to help it maintain its effectiveness.

Mind Slash: The damage of this ability has been increased by 6% in all game types.
Mind Gash: The damage of this ability has been increased by 6% in all game types.
Blurred Frenzy: The damage of this ability has been increased by 100% in PvE areas only.
Phantasmal Disenchanter: The casting time of this ability has been reduced from 1.5 seconds to 1 second.
Phantasmal Defender: The casting time of this ability has been reduced from 1.5 seconds to 1 second.
Mirror: Base healing power per level has been increased by 10%. Healing-power contribution has been increased by 33%.
Mimic: The recharge time of this ability has been reduced from 90 seconds to 75 seconds.
Signet of Inspiration: Added stability, quickness, and resistance to the signet’s passive skill. The active skill of this ability has been reworked and will now apply one of each of your boons to nearby allies for the same duration the passive skill applies them.
Signet of Humility: The signet’s casting effect will now occur at the beginning of the ability. This ability can no longer target enemies behind the mesmer who casts it.
Well of Calamity: Fixed a bug that allowed this ability to apply conditions through all forms of defense.
Illusionary Avenger: Fixed a bug that allowed this illusion to activate Fencer’s Finesse.
Spatial Surge: The aftercast has been reduced by 0.3 seconds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

last time they try to buff thief to get it a slot in raid . its 30% AA damage buff

GOOD LUCK ON THAT 6% DAMAGE INCREASE .

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I can’t be ingame right now, can someone post the base durations of the SoI boons, as well as whether the active applies boons to you as well?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

I can’t be ingame right now, can someone post the base durations of the SoI boons, as well as whether the active applies boons to you as well?

This. Also keep in mind that boons stack to a max of 5 instead of 9 now.

in Mesmer

musu.9205

3s for quickness

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Quickness 3s
Resistance 2s
Stability 5s
Aegis 10s
Fury 5s
Might 20s
Protection 3s
Regeneration 5s
Retaliation 5s
Swiftness 5s
Vigor 5s

Active does apply them to you though.

R.I.P. Mesmer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

Sol quickness is 3s base, 6s with 100% boon duration.
seems active applies boon to yourself

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Ok, mathing in progress.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azurem.9468

Azurem.9468

Here you go. The active does seem to apply them to yourself.

Attachments:

(edited by Azurem.9468)

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Aegis 10
Fury 5s
Might 20s
Protection 3s
Regen 5s
Retaliation 5s
Swiftness 5s
Vigor 5s
Stab 5s
Resistance 2s
Quickness 3s

Yes surprisingly it looks like it casts it on yourself as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tseison.4659

Tseison.4659

I have mixed feelings for this patch. They really don’t know what they want to do with mesmers. They should bring back the hexes, incorporate them somehow with the confusion condition and bring what the old mesmer has in the original Guild Wars into this game.

in Mesmer

Posted by: nsleep.7839

nsleep.7839

The auto-attack is underwhelming, but the Blurred Frenzy hits really hard now.

SoI changes are affected by Boon Duration, but the stack limit changes are harsh, time to work on a new rotation for it to keep the Quickness uptime.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SaltAndLight.4652

SaltAndLight.4652

Signet of Humility now only works on targets in front of you. Interesting choice of nerf for PvP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

last time they try to buff thief to get it a slot in raid . its 30% AA damage buff

GOOD LUCK ON THAT 6% DAMAGE INCREASE .

This. I appreciate the effort, but this isn’t exactly the damage buff we needed, it only affects sword anyway.

Still, overall the patch is better than I expected it to be.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

this is a joke
you need now 3 mesmers in wvw
dmg buff is a joke 6% to sword and blur 100% only in pve (so they can do a split)

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

SoI changes are affected by Boon Duration, but the stack limit changes are harsh, time to work on a new rotation for it to keep the Quickness uptime.

I think most groups with an average mesmer will just not run mesmer depending on alacrity DPS buffing. The rotation even just thinking about it for a sec is going to require very precise timing on your boon sharing.

We’re talking top tier timing on the level of most speed clear groups for timing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Asgard Ragna.8165

Asgard Ragna.8165

First of all, they should fix the german translation of SoL. I almost had an heart-attack.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aldath.1275

Aldath.1275

So, is Sword Mesmer on a good state for PVE leveling right now?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Phantasmal Disenchanter: The casting time of this ability has been reduced from 1.5 seconds to 1 second.
Phantasmal Defender: The casting time of this ability has been reduced from 1.5 seconds to 1 second.

Loving the cast time reductions. Does the Spatial Surge change mean we won’t need to stop cast to do more damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

So, is Sword Mesmer on a good state for PVE leveling right now?

Good state? For mesmer yes. Compared to any other class, still no. And its the only weapon that received any kind of damage buff to “compensate” for the SoI nerf. (ANet, mesmer needs a damage increase in PvE period. It shouldn’t have to “compensate” for some nerf we get alongside it, and if it does it should certainly be a bigger boost).

in Mesmer

musu.9205

I think most groups with an average mesmer will just not run mesmer depending on alacrity DPS buffing. The rotation even just thinking about it for a sec is going to require very precise timing on your boon sharing.

We’re talking top tier timing on the level of most speed clear groups for timing.

or me with usual ping 200 . that ping will usually cost me 2s or more quickness while doing all other stuff , even tho my guild would accept me as mes or other class in raid . im kittened by this change + that 6 %damage increase.

overall mes dps will be increased by like less than 20% with sword which means still bottom of all classes .

are you excited for new era of kicking mes out group content ?

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

Looks like the SoI trait also effects yourself as well.

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

this you check every other class dmg buff – 10%-40%
mesmer 6% nice
and they state sustain dmg as mesmer (so we are no longer burst class)
we medium armor and health with below average dmg – ok wth…

in Mesmer

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Off the top of my head math: So I think what happens is that domination inspiration with double soi, shield 5 and just time warp with two chronos is 100% on 10 ppl (shield five hits all ten). No well spam required. Has distortion share. Also hidden trait to help from a double ele mirror comp
wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Imbued_Melodies
Which is 4 seconds of all boons every 30 seconds. Rev is out of the meta.

More iffy on this part: Alternative to distortion share might actually be drop inspiration (and maybe domination) for dueling or illusions chrono when distortion share isn’t needed. Integral for covering fury.

Dropping inspiration also means healers can bring regen

(edited by DuckDuckBOOM.4097)

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

100% boon duration, using mimic and well of action.

CS →shield 5, mimic SoI, well of action, SoI, CS end

This applies 5 stacks of quickness with a total duration of 21 seconds. Illusionary inspiration isn’t here because that’ll proc before you get into CS for at least the first time. The shield 5 stacks last 3 seconds each, so they’re shorter than the rest. The first shield 5 stack will wear off by the end of CS, and the second stack will simply get pushed out later in the combo. For this reason, I’ve not counted that second stack in the total duration.

Well of Action, mimic SoI, SoI

This applies 3 more stacks of quickness with a total duration of 18 seconds. By the time you execute this, the first shield 5 stack will have worn off and well of action will replace it. The first mimic will replace the low duration 3s stack from the return of shield 5. However, this puts us back at 5 stacks. Therefor, it’s imperative that the 2nd usage of SoI is delayed by at least 6 seconds from the time you first used mimic SoI inside of CS. This will likely already be the case, but it’s something to be aware of.

Ok, so that’s the initial combo. With a bit of timing precision, we’ve applied 39 total seconds of quickness. Now, we fast-forward 24 seconds to the next combo split. 24 seconds will consume 4 of your quickness stacks, leaving you with 1 when you star the combo.

Shield 5, SoI trait, SoI, well of action

This combo applies 5 more stacks of quickness with a total duration of 24 seconds. Since the previous last stack should fall off during this combo, all 5 of these stacks should apply unhindered. This brings us up to a total quickness duration of 63 seconds.

This total rotation is on a 57.5 second cooldown. This provides permanent quickness to a 5 man group. In order to buffer this up a bit, you can drop time warp inside the CS rotation. This will mostly be overwritten by the longer 6 second stacks, but it will fill up the gaps a bit and extend the overall duration slightly.

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

Did anyone check if the boons shared are actually affected by boon duration? Just throwing it out there coz if not that is literally 3s quickness.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

GS AA can now be used without canceling for most efficiency, or at least very close. Close enough to make Imagined Burden something I might look at now. Not to say the trait is amazing, but the GS AA issue was a big barrier to entry.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Debuti.6017

Debuti.6017

I expected something worst as well.

This patch hit even harder to revenant. With this changes I see a spot for mesmers in meta with Runes of leadership, sigil of concentration, food and some commander pieces to reach the 100% boon duration, using in the skill bar Well of action, recall and mimic.

The blurred frenzy change might be nice with perma alacrity.

in Mesmer

musu.9205

BTW guys check out engi buff lol

anet literally has zero clue :

buff the already strong ability by 33% or 50% or 100%
and nerf tool kit lol

too much from skills team .

mes the lowest dps class got least damage buff ,
logic

in Mesmer

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

No well spam also means faster dps wind up with signet heal

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

mesmer 6% nice

6% to your auto(large chunk of your outgoing damage), the 10-40% buffs I see elsewhere are onto skills with cooldown(smaller pieces of damage). And don’t forget the 100% buff to blurred Frenzy damage…

Not saying it’s enough of a buff, just this post of yours isn’t very honest.

in Mesmer

Jerus.4350

CS ->shield 5, mimic SoI, well of action, SoI, CS end

This applies 5 stacks of quickness with a total duration of 21 seconds. Illusionary inspiration isn’t here because that’ll proc before you get into CS for at least the first time. The shield 5 stacks last 3 seconds each, so they’re shorter than the rest. The first shield 5 stack will wear off by the end of CS, and the second stack will simply get pushed out later in the combo. For this reason, I’ve not counted that second stack in the total duration.

This applies 3 more stacks of quickness with a total duration of 18 seconds. By the time you execute this, the first shield 5 stack will have worn off and well of action will replace it. The first mimic will replace the low duration 3s stack from the return of shield 5. However, this puts us back at 5 stacks. Therefor, it’s imperative that the 2nd usage of SoI is delayed by at least 6 seconds from the time you first used mimic SoI inside of CS. This will likely already be the case, but it’s something to be aware of.

Ok, so that’s the initial combo. With a bit of timing precision, we’ve applied 39 total seconds of quickness. Now, we fast-forward 24 seconds to the next combo split. 24 seconds will consume 4 of your quickness stacks, leaving you with 1 when you star the combo.

This combo applies 5 more stacks of quickness with a total duration of 24 seconds. Since the previous last stack should fall off during this combo, all 5 of these stacks should apply unhindered. This brings us up to a total quickness duration of 63 seconds.

This total rotation is on a 57.5 second cooldown. This provides permanent quickness to a 5 man group. In order to buffer this up a bit, you can drop time warp inside the CS rotation. This will mostly be overwritten by the longer 6 second stacks, but it will fill up the gaps a bit and extend the overall duration slightly.

Nice post, curious on something, people are saying SOI will give you the buffs on active, but will it also spread them? So is SOI a 3s group quickness base now? If so wouldn’t you get some trait quickness in the initial setup for CS?

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Nice post, curious on something, people are saying SOI will give you the buffs on active, but will it also spread them? So is SOI a 3s group quickness base now? If so wouldn’t you get some trait quickness in the initial setup for CS?

It doesn’t just give all buffs. It gives buffs that you currently have active. This means that in the initial setup, you won’t get quickness unless you got lucky from a random SoI proc giving it to you.

in Mesmer

musu.9205

mesmer 6% nice

6% to your auto(large chunk of your outgoing damage), the 10-40% buffs I see elsewhere are onto skills with cooldown(smaller pieces of damage). And don’t forget the 100% buff to blurred Frenzy damage…

last time they tried to make thief a viable dps role , they buffed its AA damage by 30%

so yes that 6% and 100% damage buff on BF wont help mes get anywhere near a reasonable dps role .

DPS Mes was a joke before patch , is a joke after patch , will be a joke til next expansion. .
so yes every mes got reasons to feel salty about thta 6 % damage buff

in Mesmer

messiah.1908

mesmer 6% nice

15% vital shot for thief
Blur is on pve only
Ranger sb AA bleed buff swiftness
Need I say more
Check it again they say SUSTAIN dmg
Common

in Mesmer

musu.9205

It doesn’t just give all buffs. It gives buffs that you currently have active. This means that in the initial setup, you won’t get quickness unless you got lucky from a random SoI proc giving it to you.

in short this balance change certainly won over the legendary smiters boon .

Wow ,skills team ,you guys are making history here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Pretty disappointed about the patch.

- Pathetic damage boost in sword AA. Only minor slashes get the boost, and it turns to be a ridiculous +3% damage overall.
- Nonsense buff to BF, its damage is underwhelming everywhere, not just pve.
- iDefender, iDisenchanter, Mirror and Mimic are still useless even with the buffs.
- Staff and unused offhand weapons still untouched with all the issues they have.
- Still no fix for the joke of sustain our illusions have in WvW/sPvP.
- Minor pulses from wells are still a joke.

At least they addressed the boonshare and GS AA.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Did you not read my analysis at all, or are you just clueless about smiter’s boon?

Smiter’s boon was purposefully nerfed into the ground. The justification given was that they simply couldn’t figure out how to balance it, so they effectively removed it from the game with a nerf.

This change to SoI makes it more difficult, but still very realistic, to hit 100% uptime on quickness for a 5-man group. What part of that says ‘nerfed so hard it no longer will be used’?

in Mesmer

musu.9205

Did you not read my analysis at all, or are you just clueless about smiter’s boon?

Smiter’s boon was purposefully nerfed into the ground. The justification given was that they simply couldn’t figure out how to balance it, so they effectively removed it from the game with a nerf.

This change to SoI makes it more difficult, but still very realistic, to hit 100% uptime on quickness for a 5-man group. What part of that says ‘nerfed so hard it no longer will be used’?

oh i misread it .ok
its not bad kitten .my bad

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

PvE mesmer will still work. I’m just curious to know if WvW boonshare is still viable or if mesmers are back to being non-existing in WvW (outside of roaming).

Also, blurred frenzy buff in PvE, does it mean WvW too?

in Mesmer

Posted by: UnknownFreak.2805

UnknownFreak.2805

PvE mesmer will still work. I’m just curious to know if WvW boonshare is still viable or if mesmers are back to being non-existing in WvW (outside of roaming).

Also, blurred frenzy buff in PvE, does it mean WvW too?

PvE and WvW are separate game modes

Edit: Also, it now copies 1 stack of might instead of the entire stack, or have it always been like that?

How to crashreport…
Someone say game crash must be related to OOM
when you read the log it’s not related to that whatsoever…

(edited by UnknownFreak.2805)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Afaik Quickness can’t be overwritten, it simply won’t get applied. So I would drop TW out of the rotation for good if you are playing with 2 Chronos, to prevent blocking your long Quickness stacks. Or am I wrong about this? SoI used to pop up “Immune” if it would overcap for instance.

I also didn’t notice much of a difference by using the SoI trait or not. If we have to play Double-Chrono, we probably should go with Domination to maximize our damage. This said, how about the extended rotation?

And what about encounters like Matthias where you need Feedback? Smells a bit doomy to me :/

SoI only grants you and your allies a fixed duration of those boons you already got on yourself. It won’t give you all the boons.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

I’m curious what this actually does to GS autoattack damage.

In general, though, I don’t feel like we got particularly good compensation for the nerf. Sure, there’s still a rotation (thanks, Fay) that can theoretically produce permanent group Quickness, but the skill floor to execute this rotation has been raised significantly. Will non-top-tier raid groups even bother bringing a Mesmer?

I mean, I guess we could have had those hilarious Engineer patch notes, though. Remove the one useful feature of an underperforming skill type and give absolutely nothing back to those skills in compensation. Nice, nice, nice.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Levetty.1279

I’m curious what this actually does to GS autoattack damage.

You no longer have to press escape after every auto attack, slight dps boost if you couldn’t be bothered doing that.

I mean, I guess we could have had those hilarious Engineer patch notes, though. Remove the one useful feature of an underperforming skill type and give absolutely nothing back to those skills in compensation. Nice, nice, nice.

Looking at the state of the classes I don’t think I am going to be shedding any tears for them.

in Mesmer

Fay.2357

Afaik Quickness can’t be overwritten, it simply won’t get applied. So I would drop TW out of the rotation for good if you are playing with 2 Chronos, to prevent blocking your long Quickness stacks. Or am I wrong about this? SoI used to pop up “Immune” if it would overcap for instance.

I also didn’t notice much of a difference by using the SoI trait or not. If we have to play Double-Chrono, we probably should go with Domination to maximize our damage. This said, how about the extended rotation?

And what about encounters like Matthias where you need Feedback? Smells a bit doomy to me :/

SoI only grants your allies a fixed duration of those boons you already got on yourself. It won’t buff you or give you all boons.

I’ll test the overwriting later to make sure that’s how it works.

If you can’t take mimic, like on Matthias, you’ll lose about 12 seconds of quickness in the total rotation. However, there’s a couple things to keep in mind.

SoI is on a ~23 second cooldown when traiting illusions over domination. This means that there’s enough wiggle room in this rotation for at least 1 additional trait SoI proc per rotation. Additionally, the setup SoI proc will generate quickness on rotation startup past the first one, generating an additional 6 seconds. If you and the other chrono in your party are really on top of things, you could even throw a shield 5 through yourselves for the first startup to get that proc there too, since shield 5 will already hit everyone.

Lastly, feedback isn’t strictly required on Matthias. It’s the easiest way to do it, but you can use temporal curtain or pWarden as well. With 2 mesmers in a group, you should be able to cover reflects without problems even if you don’t take feedback.

in Mesmer

Jerus.4350

Thanks, I guess I misunderstood what people were saying.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’ll take a damage buff on Sword AA in all modes and even damage buff for BF in pve.

Also happy with the small buff to Mirror, although still kind of pushed to Chaos to trait it if using it.

And a nice QoL reduction of cast times on iDisenchanter and iDefender.

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

What happens with the Inspiration grandmaster trait that casts Signet of Inspiration on phantasm cast (Illusionary Inspiration)?

Does that apply all the boons to you?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithamir.5928

Ithamir.5928

So mesmers can only output perma quickness if:

1. They sacrifice all utility.
  2. They’re a robot.
  3. Have another robot mesmer with them.
  4. Both are also perfectly synced.

While tanking at the same time.

As a mesmer that just got into raids…kitten!!! T^T
Back to pvp I guess… -_-

But hey, we got a 6% damage boost to the two weaker attacks in sword auto and a damage boost to our mainly an evade skill that roots you and it’s pve only XD

Praise be to Balthazar, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Edit: Also, it now copies 1 stack of might instead of the entire stack, or have it always been like that?

I noticed this too. Can someone confirm exactly how it used to work for might? Right now, it just copies 20+ seconds of one stack of might. SO MUCH MIGHT!!!!