Please FIX Phantasmal Warden.

in Mesmer

Posted by: thetarot.8246

thetarot.8246

Most of the time, when the Phantasmal Warden is summoned, it does absolutely nothing, until the next ‘cooldown’ of it’s attack is up. I’m pretty sure it has to do with the fact that, the Warden’s new movement conflicts with the ‘attack after 0.25 seconds on being summoned script’ so it interrupts itself.

Sometimes it appears to think it’s summoned in a bad spot. Has to move itself half a pixel, and thus, doesn’t attack.

Other times, it’s because the mob moved, half a pixel, and the phantasm has to move accordingly.

Delaying the initial attack of this specific warden to 0.5 seconds, So it has ‘time’ to make it’s awkward adjustment. May fix the problem, and actually make the Phantasm reliable again.

Please fix this as soon as possible, and not take upwards of 6 months like the Phantasmal Berserker.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

i hope they wont wait till next patch in december. we havent gotten a single response to this terrible bug yet. the warden was my most important phantasm in wvw. now its broken. they havent properly tested that change again.ugh!

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zen.4678

Zen.4678

Have we posted about this in the bug forum?

in Mesmer

selan.8354

yep
saw it there.this needs to be fixed urgently. i need my warden :-(

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

I’ll test this out, try and quantify exactly what doesn’t work.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Just tested it. I’m not noticing any problems. Tested against a moving target, a static target, a slowly moving target, etc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

I’ve noticed sometimes that the whirling hands animation doesn’t play, but the “swirl of stuff around the phantasm” does continue, and damage is applied. I haven’t noticed any other issues either, but I could just be lucky so far!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Ive been using focus for months in wvw and have never noticed anything like this.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Scratch that, I see it not working now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

in Mesmer

Posted by: maxinion.8396

maxinion.8396

oh god, the horror

in Mesmer

selan.8354

thats exactly what i experienced. also usually when a thief attacks me i get to spawn an iwarden that refelcts the pistolshots that strat from out of stealth. id didnt do that at all today because its too slow. also when killing a towerlord same issue. the wareden takes forever to attack. this is ridiculous and honestly look like a massive nerf to this phantasm and not a fix!
its slower now than the image
revert it please!

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Yep yep, I thought I was gonna be happy when I read the patch notes, but after experiencing it I’ve become very frustrated.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordByron.8369

LordByron.8369

Delete old fix while we wait…
IWARDEN is vital to PvE mesmers….

dozens of gamebreaking bugs in a single patch……

GW2 balance:
A PvE player is supposed to avoid a 1-2 second 1 shotting aoe.
A WWW player is considered uncapable of avoiding a 5,75 second aoe for half his health.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Nice stuff is that he now behaves exactly like the other Phantasms.
Bad stuff is that he now behaves exactly like the other Phantasms.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

requires a hotfix or a revert.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

Well of course they’d break it while trying to fix it. What did you expect?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

From testing, I don’t think it’s broken. But as expected, the Phantasm wasn’t meant to move and it cannot handle it well given how it’s utility is based around being a reliable stationary wall to hide behind.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: serialkicker.5274

serialkicker.5274

From testing, I don’t think it’s broken. But as expected, the Phantasm wasn’t meant to move and it cannot handle it well given how it’s utility is based around being a reliable stationary wall to hide behind.

It has nothing to do with being stationary. We all know warden is stationary. The problem is he won’t attack while summoned sometimes.

Looks like we can never have all phantasms working properly in the same patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Synesence.7546

Synesence.7546

The most useful Phantasm utility-wise, and it just HAD to be broken.

Why?!?!?!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Oh boy … don’t act like they did it on purpose…

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Synesence.7546

Synesence.7546

Oh boy … don’t act like they did it on purpose…

I’m not, but crying a bit is mandatory whenever something goes wrong to a very useful skill.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryn.6459

Ryn.6459

With a very short cooldown

Learning English, any correction is very welcome.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BeoErgon.9107

BeoErgon.9107

Was kind of excited when I read about the patch… and started crying when my iwarden started following the mobs around just to stop and make a glare contest with them, or stopping short one or two ‘meters’ from the target to start spinning in the void as if trying to chase flies away.

Broken, no other word applies to this.

My guess is that running makes it skip its attack window.

Will switch to pistol in waiting for this to be repaired.

And they surely did not do this on purpose, but it is just as evident that NOONE tested this thing.

I am wondering what the hell is happening in this company.

Did anyone open a bug report in the forums? Can’s find it.

(edited by BeoErgon.9107)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

They should not have made iWardens move. A moving iWarden is brutal and ruins the Focus.

Change it back please!

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

BeoErgon.9107

I think the problem is the following: how to keep the atack window time constant?

With the other phantasms they either jump, spin towards enemy or attack from the distance. Attack times can be constant.

The warden now gets stationary and when attack time comes he runs towards the enemy befor attacking.
By making the warden ‘run’, depending on the distance of the enemy, it is almost sure that the ‘attack’ window happens when running and it is skipped.

Either way, depending on the distance of the enemy we are now loosing any possibility of having a regular attack time.

Can’t explain though why it some times stops short from the enemy or does not attack when summoned just next to it.

Only way to make this work : make the warden teleport to the enemy and not run towards it.

If they keep it running around it will remain useless.

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

They should have kept it stationary. I hide in my iwarden for reflects first, damage second.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]

in Mesmer

BeoErgon.9107

They should have kept it stationary. I hide in my iwarden for reflects first, damage second.

Well, if it worked, I could see myself summonning a warden to ranged enemies and forgettign about them while I get rid of the close combat ones.

With stationary warden this does not work. As soon as I make a blink or a dodge to avoid a close combat attack I get out of its protection.

in Mesmer

Posted by: thetarot.8246

thetarot.8246

As horribly entitled and ungrateful I’m going to sound, Please revert it back to the way it was. Preferably in a kitten hotfix. You’ve nerfed us back in January in a hotfix, The only class, ever, to be nerfed in a hotfix. (Admittedly Shattered Strength needed a nerf)

How about fixing us in one as well?

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

Well, if it worked, I could see myself summonning a warden to ranged enemies and forgettign about them while I get rid of the close combat ones.

With stationary warden this does not work. As soon as I make a blink or a dodge to avoid a close combat attack I get out of its protection.

Well I’m thinking more along the lines of Dredge Fractal where you aggro 10-15 Dredge then stack and use reflects. I want the phantasm near or on the party for reflects, not running away if it’s target moves away.

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

I’ve experienced the bug a few times as well. No damage numbers was recorded, it moved for a sec then stopped. This was like almost 40% of the time. I was solo-ing fractal story just for fun, so there was plenty of fighting going around.

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Well I’m thinking more along the lines of Dredge Fractal where you aggro 10-15 Dredge then stack and use reflects. I want the phantasm near or on the party for reflects, not running away if it’s target moves away.

As well, it’s target likely won’t move away when ur stacking….. I don’t see any issue with the warden moving at all. You can still summon it where u want and stay in there stacked for reflects, when you are moving/dodging and using it for aoe damage, itll be good to stick with the mobs. When fighting aoe bosses or something, melee phantasms will get killed anyway after its first chain, so that doesn’t make a difference either. If you’re having any issues, i’m pretty sure a quick adjustment of ur play tactics is fine. Like, stack before you summon the phantasm right on top of you, then stay there, or other ways to get it right

in Mesmer

BeoErgon.9107

I undertand, and it coud still work if you target one of those ranged enemies in the party since they should not move.
If they move anyways, then stationary is a loose.

I found myself more often having wardens spinning alone in their corner because the targetted enemy went for a walk and I have to shatter to quickly replace it.

Still, prefer that above what this patch introduced.

in Mesmer

Posted by: themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

themenaceofseventhdimension.2075

Anet Read this Thread!

Here’s how you fix the iWarden Phantasm. simple as one two three.

1. Moment it casts, it gives AoE Immobilize.

2. Every time it starts a new attack cycle, it pulls enemies towards its range. Much like the curtain pull. (Disregarding first initial attack cycle)

3. From the point after the first initial casting immobilize, it provides cripple to enemies who touch it.

Plz do this thang!

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Anet Read this Thread!

2. Every time it starts a new attack cycle, it pulls enemies towards its range. Much like the curtain pull. (Disregarding first initial attack cycle)

3. From the point after the first initial casting immobilize, it provides cripple to enemies who touch it.

Plz do this thang!

That would be monstrously overpowered. Just saying.

in Mesmer

the least Anet could do is give the initial AoE Immobilize tho. Would be actually make it worth while

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jorjeis.2169

Jorjeis.2169

Anet Read this Thread!

Plz do this thang!

It should also have the same damage and hitpoints as Tequatl

Member of [KnT] – Blackgate

in Mesmer

Jorjeis.2169

the least Anet could do is give the initial AoE Immobilize tho. Would be actually make it worth while

That would still be monstrously overpowered, particularly in WvW

in Mesmer

So how do you suppose Anet should fix iWarden? It’s only chance of actually being fixed is give it some sort of AoE Control options. If you give it the ability to chase targets, it becomes totally useless. then it will die in zerg fights as always, and it might somehow interrupt itself during the use of attack skill as some sort of bug.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

They should have never tried to fix it in the first place. Please revert it back to the way it was.

in Mesmer

Jorjeis.2169

They should have never tried to fix it in the first place. Please revert it back to the way it was.

This. I didn’t think it was broken.

Best bet would probably be to make it so it doesn’t try and move until after the first attack cycle.

in Mesmer

The only problem people had of the phantasm was this: It was pretty ok when attackin a group of people that were piled in a radius of like 240, but when it came to casting on a single enemy, it became useless. So either give it the ability to dish out faster and stronger damage, or make it so that it somehow traps the chosen enemy for a period of time to make it useful. The enemy can always escape tho.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

You could already trap enemies in the warden: Cast curtain, cast warden, pull curtain, leap, swap.

And I agree with Jorjeis, the immediate fix is for it to start its first attack cycle instantly, and only move after the first one is done.

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian

in Mesmer

but the thing is, around 80% of the time, people did not have those skills up, or were in a more dangerous situation and had to spend other skills instead of paying attention to it. that’s what a Phantasm is all about. It’s supposed to give a sense of relief to us because it does a lot of damage work for us, but if we have to go through like 5 skills to make one phantasm become useful, then there is no need for the warden to even deal out damage.

in Mesmer

selan.8354

Anet Read this Thread!

Plz do this thang!

That would be monstrously overpowered. Just saying.

agreed. the immobilize itself is already powerful enough, but the pulling would make it extreeeeeeemly op. and then the cripple and reflect…this would turn the whole wvw meta around and everyone plus his mother would play mesmer in in wvw because of this. i liked the iwarden the way it was before. when facing a pistol thief i could just stand next to it and feel safe. now it runs instead of attacking

[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hexxen.7216

Hexxen.7216

but the thing is, around 80% of the time, people did not have those skills up, or were in a more dangerous situation and had to spend other skills instead of paying attention to it. that’s what a Phantasm is all about. It’s supposed to give a sense of relief to us because it does a lot of damage work for us, but if we have to go through like 5 skills to make one phantasm become useful, then there is no need for the warden to even deal out damage.

You and those 80% (I love when you pull numbers out of no where) just simply don’t know how to use iWarden then. We had a whole year to get used to him being the way he was and it worked if you knew what to do. Everything doesn’t have to work every time and in every situation. Trying to make everything so you can just do it and rely on it always makes the game idiot proof and require no skill.

Bring back old Warden. It did move if the enemy got a certain distance away from it to start with but this movement is silly.

in Mesmer

But think about it. When have you actually really been able to effectively use iwarden besides in Zerg fights and by help of something like crippling dissipation? It needs control options to be of any use when used for fightin 1 vs 1.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

But think about it. When have you actually really been able to effectively use iwarden besides in Zerg fights and by help of something like crippling dissipation?

Constantly. As has been said at least once in this thread already, iWarden (traited or untraited) is invaluable to use for projectile blocks/reflects, or to charge mantras, or hide behind (just to name a few). At least before you could always count on that first attack when spawned. Now Anet has introduced yet more RnG. I think the thought of allowing the iWarden to move with the opponent is good, but they just need to ensure it maintains the same initial attack behavior as before, and at the very least always attack on its interval, regardless of opponent movement.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Freedan.1769

Freedan.1769

But think about it. When have you actually really been able to effectively use iwarden besides in Zerg fights and by help of something like crippling dissipation?

Constantly. As has been said at least once in this thread already, iWarden (traited or untraited) is invaluable to use for projectile blocks/reflects, or to charge mantras, or hide behind (just to name a few). At least before you could always count on that first attack when spawned. Now Anet has introduced yet more RnG. I think the thought of allowing the iWarden to move with the opponent is good, but they just need to ensure it maintains the same initial attack behavior as before, and at the very least always attack on its interval, regardless of opponent movement.

The thing that bothers me the most is not its current behavior, but the fact this wasn’t noticed in the first 5 minutes of testing. I simply refuse to believe a change to a skill was made without observing the effects of that change beforehand, because that just looks bad.

Also, two thoughts: why not make it so the animation isn’t disrupted by movement? Just let the warden spin his arms while running. I can do it at home, I am sure he can swing his arms and walk too. If not, as others have said lets have his attack sequence kick off on summons. I also agree that his attack sequence should never be disrupted by his need to move around, these things die fast enough to the first two hits from any decent attack already.

Last thought: please for the love of Benji fix this thing one way or another in the next 24 hours!

in Mesmer

Actually, it is false when you guys say that you have constantly appreciated iWarden in 1 vs 1. the only message i’m getting from this statement is the idea that you guys do too much of 1 vs 1 in tight pvp arenas. In WvW, there are usually more kiting than stayin still, so I fail to see how you would constantly duck behind a iWarden if you are trying to chase/defeat an enemy.

As for Freedan. Your idea is brilliant. I just hope they make it so that the iwarden actually catches up to an enemy instead of trying to chase like 2 seconds after the opponent decides to run.