Precognition changes into wrong direction

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

Heya …

Precognition preview changes say “no more invuln, it’s now 3 times aegis”.

Change it to blur again. Invulnerability was too game breaking for enemies like Vale Guardian (you KNOW this is only about VG green fields), agreed. The only problem why this skill didn’t stay blur in the first place was because of pvp. Therefore make it prevent capture points and it’ll be fine.

Aegis just doesn’t fit the concept of PRECOGNITION, the ability to forsee enemy actions! Aegis is also not reliable with multi hits or all the auras in raids. With aegis, this well will just go from top to flop and will be never seen again in raids. Aegis is for chaos storm, not Well of Precognition.

Just my input.

Greez!
Madame Le Blanc :|

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Artyport.2084

Artyport.2084

Oh ANET.
You fail so hard with this skill..
Find another solution but giving aegis every 3 seconds is useless.. Its not even a nerf its making the skill not usuable.
3 seconds of aegis will mean someone will hit you and you will end up missing the second buff of aegis and only maybe getting the last one. You most likely will end up block 1 or 2 attacks at most.
Also this isnt very mesmer like at all its a skill for the guardian.
Give us back our blur.. figure it out.
NO

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.2108

Chaos.2108

I also vote to keep it Distortion or change back to Blur, Aegis is just ridiculous. Maybe give it a new buff, mix Blur and Distortion, make it evade attacks but prevent capture-point, name it “Premonition” or “Precognition”, whatever…

(edited by Chaos.2108)

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

My toughts exactly.

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

How about changing it to back in the beta where it made allies attacks unblockable?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

Precognition was also very good for zerguing, and a reason to bring mesmers. Now it’s just garbage and mesmer start to go deep in the uselessness in zergs.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

At the very least, even if they want to still change it to aegis, make it instant cast and maybe buff how much endurance you get back.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

If I just an aoe block that falls to unblockable then what is the point? The skill stop being interesting. If I comes to that I would prefer chaos storm to be how the well operated. Also aegis isn’t our thing. We give it randomly but to give it on purpose is just weird.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

(edited by Daniel Handler.4816)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Oh ANET.
You fail so hard

FTFY

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

kitten kittenin kitten
mesmer becoming trash YET AGAIN

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magical Things.8465

Magical Things.8465

Just turned into #deadclass

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

How about changing it to back in the beta where it made allies attacks unblockable?

Because that was even more useless.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Aegis is a boon that is made for reaction, not for prevention. You activate a one time aegis to block a dangerious attack. Blur or Invuln, or Precognition in particular is made to withstand a wave of attacks over a period of time. This concept would be totally destroyed with that change.

Change it to blur, ANet, blur.

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

Honestly I’d rather have them change the name than having the skill go back to being a blur.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Honestly I’d rather have them change the name than having the skill go back to being a blur.

Excuse me? How can you like this change? Illuminate my mind please o.o

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

well of guardition never on my bar again

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Terrible, terrible change. This skill is officially DEAD.

This shows how careless the balance team are treating this class.

(edited by Exciton.8942)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arcaedus.7290

Arcaedus.7290

Dislike this change. It’s a nerf, and a pretty unnecessary and vapid one at that.

The logical solution (that should also satiate pvpers) would be to keep well of precog applying blur, AND also make blur prevent capture point contribution. 1. The skill still essentually retains its place as a strong defensive utility for self and team. 2. The aoe can be half placed on a point by a smart mesmer so if other teammates are fighting on point, they wont lose capture contribution. 3. The skill remains balanced as mes can still be pulled out of well if they are tethered before casting it.

ANET, can we please receive some input as to why you made the choices you made? From my point of view, the fact that you didn’t change WoP in the way I just described strikes me as you lacking the competance to code blur in such a way to have it prevent capture point contribution – that would be ok if true, but please, feed back!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fhaeris.9237

Fhaeris.9237

Go ahead Anet, keep killing mesmers because of pvp. You learned NOTHING during these years.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Greetings

In addition: By removing the PvP tank jewels, I see no point in not changing it back to blur, since the whole stalling meta is gonna RIP anyway. Even if ANet couldn’t change it to “prevents capturing points”, this wouldn’t be op at all anymore.

Please ANet – have I ever give you a bad advice? This time more than ever – don’t change it to Aegis, that’s really a terrible bad decision. Give us blur if it’s not ok to not fight VG properly. Please … snif

Greez!
- Madame Le Blanc

(edited by Xyonon.3987)

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

Because that was even more useless.

Because people are whining about venom share basy venom and how it’s unblockable now. Would it really be that useless in team fights? For Pve, there are a few niche situations it would be great in.

The logical solution (that should also satiate pvpers) would be to keep well of precog applying blur, AND also make blur prevent capture point contribution. !

Sword 2 is also blurr and that would really mess with bunker mesmer even more.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Oh yea, lets change sword #2 to a normal attack, gaining 1 stack of aegis for 1 sec – kappa >_>

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lusteregris.2697

Lusteregris.2697

Please Xyonon They havnt revealed all changes yet. Dont for Lyssa sake give them more ideas!

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Please Xyonon They havnt revealed all changes yet. Dont for Lyssa sake give them more ideas!

You know, if they bring Precognition like this – if they really really bring it with aegis. I’ve lost any faith in ANet and their designers forever…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Beta: gives unblockable, then gives invuln. Weird but interesting.
Launch: gives evasion. Great for PvP. Too great.
After the first round of crying on the forums: gives distortion. Crap for PvP but great for organized groups in WvW. (who gives a kitten about pve? NPCs won’t complain for sure)
After even more crying: complete garbage.

Makes me sad.

in Mesmer

Posted by: myren.5490

myren.5490

This is the greatest garbage balancing in the history of mmos, jesus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bellum.3265

Bellum.3265

Change was needed, changes were made. But the changes that will come are just unnecessary and very unwelcome in PvE, it just ruins what the mesmer is about right now, and that is to support. If you want to make changes due to PvP, then do so – limited to PvP. Why must it affect the gaming experience for all gaming types. How can you lump together all gaming types, as if they are the same? I do encourage change, but please acknowledge the difference between game types and then make changes appropriately per catagory.

in Mesmer

Posted by: aB EXT.1287

aB EXT.1287

Even as a non-mesmer, I can totally understand peoples feelings towards this change. This basically makes the well useless. Aegis is NOT a useful buff in real time PvP/WvW, especially with the amount unblockable attacks floating around.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Even as a non-mesmer, I can totally understand peoples feelings towards this change. This basically makes the well useless. Aegis is NOT a useful buff in real time PvP/WvW, especially with the amount unblockable attacks floating around.

Thanks for the support, we all appreciate it :/ Q_Q

in Mesmer

Posted by: msalakka.4653

msalakka.4653

If nerfing ONE skill turns the class into “trash”, then perhaps the bigger problem than the nerf is that the class was trash to begin with and being carried by the skill.

Gutter Rat [cry] | Gandara | Roaming nuisance
~ There is no balance team. ~

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

If nerfing ONE skill turns the class into “trash”, then perhaps the bigger problem than the nerf is that the class was trash to begin with and being carried by the skill.

Warrior without banner is trash, rev without glint is trash, etc etc … such a good message kappa

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

From a pvp perspective: I like the change.
Blur was too strong. Distortion was fine, but it limited it’s use.
Aegis MIGHT be the right move to keep it’s defensive nature, improve it’s use but at the same time improve the counter play (you will get hit if multiple players are attacking you and you will be opened for boon cleanse).

In the end, this change will not be decisive if the mesmer is viable or not. The alacrity changes are the big hit we are taking. I really hope they are improving the rest of the mesmer to make up for the loss.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Would blur be too strong if it would not allow to cap? Sure better than aegis … Cuz aegis sux with a skill like that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Would blur be too strong if it would not allow to cap

The problem is, that the Well is not the only source of blur. If blur would prevent capping, than you can throw blurred frenzy into the trash can too.

Maybe a third effect, that grants evasion but prevents capping?
Personally, I think skills that prevent cappping are not fun. E.g. last time I got focused on point, placed the well of precog on the edge of the point, that I could barely stand inside, but that at the same time my teammate had enough space outside of the well, to prevent that capture. Guess what… my teammate managed to jump right into the small area -.-

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

This nerf is representative for the type of short-sighted, whack-a-mole balancing anet does.

Changing the effect to aegis will make this well absolutely worthless (unless they reduce the CD by half – but even then it’s garbage). Most active players will realize that. Anet doesn’t, for some reason. Or they do, and actively decided to make this skill so unattractive that noone ever will pick it. AoE Aegis on a limited radius, how useful. Especially in PvP and WvW, people will be all over this skill.

And I’m not even complaining about the Alacrity nerf, cause that nerf actually has to be tested to make a statement on how bad/right the nerf was. Well of Precog, on the other hand… everyone except Anet seems to realize that this new skill will be a horrible, horrible choice in every game mode. It doesn’t even need testing to see that.

If any of the devs is reading this thread, please.
Please for the love of this game, stop doing changes like this. Nerfs are ok, but don’t just push skills into worthlessness that were useful before. Precog balancing is Mimic balancing all over again, except that skill came to a happy end after three years of bad attempts to fix it. People are using Mimic now. People were using Precog before, now they won’t. Because you decided to make it worthless.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

msalakka.4653

Warrior without banner is trash, rev without glint is trash, etc etc … such a good message kappa

Warrior has had banner from the get go. My core mesmer has been and will continue to be just fine without Precog. If you need it to make Chrono viable, then here’s a tissue.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Artyport.2084

Artyport.2084

Warrior has had banner from the get go. My core mesmer has been and will continue to be just fine without Precog. If you need it to make Chrono viable, then here’s a tissue.

get out..
this isnt about needing the skill its about taking a useful skill and making it pointless. Also changing it in a direction that doesn’t fit class flavor.
THERE SHOULD BE NO USELESS SKILLS.
Fix it jesus.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

I don’t think majority would go that far to say the class goes trash because one bad skill change.

But this skill itself is quite dead with such change. There hasn’t been too much variety on mesmer utility bar. Precog well has been a really nice viable addition. Now it is completely gone out of the picture.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Your core mesmer has been and will continue to be just fine? I’m curious as to how you’re gauging “just fine”.

Just fine in PvE? No you’re not, core mesmers get kicked on sight by any competent group.

Just fine in PvP? No you’re not, core mesmers get their kitten handed to them by pretty much every elite spec.

Just fine in WvW groups? No you’re not, core mesmer is a worthless veil-bot that’s brought to press 1 button then let the real classes do the work.

Just fine in WvW roaming? Sure, except you’re hilariously slow and pidgeonholed into using specific utilities/weapons/runes to fix that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

F4 shatter should give aegis instead of invulnerability too cmon anet be consistent

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

TheFrighteningFrenchFry.3275

F4 shatter should give aegis instead of invulnerability too cmon anet be consistent

Nah aegis too strong 1 second regen plz.

Necro>warrior confirmed ty nemesis for single handedly saving the gw2 community!!

/s

in Mesmer

Posted by: Asudementio.8526

Asudementio.8526

Heya …

Precognition preview changes say “no more invuln, it’s now 3 times aegis”.

Change it to blur again. Invulnerability was too game breaking for enemies like Vale Guardian (you KNOW this is only about VG green fields), agreed. The only problem why this skill didn’t stay blur in the first place was because of pvp. Therefore make it prevent capture points and it’ll be fine.

Aegis just doesn’t fit the concept of PRECOGNITION, the ability to forsee enemy actions! Aegis is also not reliable with multi hits or all the auras in raids. With aegis, this well will just go from top to flop and will be never seen again in raids. Aegis is for chaos storm, not Well of Precognition.

Just my input.

Greez!
Madame Le Blanc :|

Precog also needs to not affect skritt in stronghold, but yes- aegis is the wrong way to go.

Leader of [Suh]
My moves are fresh, like my groceries.
#TeamEvonforever

in Mesmer

Posted by: Purr Kitten.8731

Purr Kitten.8731

Aegis? HAHAHAHAHA. Another skill to add to the trash. No one will EVER use this again. Seriously, I get the alacrity nerf but everything else is just garbage. Buffing condi, again? Condi is what is op. So, thief needs more evade and more damage (really?) and necros will be corrrupting boons without even trying and the only change that you can think to improve on a mesmer is condi? Honestly this game disappoints me more and more.

SBI

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lyger.5429

Lyger.5429

The only fix for preog I can think of is creating a third category different from “blur” & “distortion” but work the same way as blur while preventing capture point contribution. The new skill type could be called temporal shift or something.

in Mesmer

msalakka.4653

Just fine in WvW roaming? Sure, except you’re hilariously slow and pidgeonholed into using specific utilities/weapons/runes to fix that.

Oh, the irony…

in Mesmer

Posted by: blarghhrrkblah.3412

blarghhrrkblah.3412

Well…if they weren’t so adamant about keeping skills uniform between game modes, they could make it Blur in PvE and Distort in PvP…that would solve the raid boss mechanic abuse while still preventing capture point contribution.

in Mesmer

Posted by: kolompi.1287

kolompi.1287

I’m still wondering how Anet imagined chronomancer. They gave the class a shield and a bunch of wells that are by design static.

Did really nobody see that this would result in strong buffs for on-point fights in PvP?
If Anet saw its potential and went through with it anyway, it must have been okay for them that chronomancers went bunker.
If they didn’t realize something like this would happen, then let me ask why they didn’t?
And if we’ll get our wells and alacrity nerfed, can we like… just replace all the stupid wells with some other kind of skills that are useful? GW1 mesmers had stances for example.

Bottom line is: Chronomancer made sense and worked fine and now you are changing parts of it and it won’t work as a whole anymore.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Well…if they weren’t so adamant about keeping skills uniform between game modes, they could make it Blur in PvE and Distort in PvP…that would solve the raid boss mechanic abuse while still preventing capture point contribution.

THIS THIS THIS THIS!!!!!!!!! >:((((

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Or they could not split skills by gamemode needlessly, and just balance the game around conceptually strong skills which actually feel impactful to use?

If you can’t even balance a 3s invulnerability which shackles you to a location, sorry, you got bigger issues.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Bottom line is: Chronomancer made sense and worked fine and now you are changing parts of it and it won’t work as a whole anymore.

Absolutely correct!

Look at what they’ve done to this supposed “Chronomancer”. We had this awesome F5 ability, which is now gutted simply because Anet keeps nerfing the wrong things. The only thing this ever broke was obvious from day one, Elites, and look where we are several nerfs down the road…a shallow gimmick that still allows us to double up on (mostly) bad Elites. (No worries, I’m sure Gravity Well will be nerfed to bad status soon too!)

All the cool parts of F5 had to get nerfed into uselessness, instead of taking Elites off the list of things you can double up on. Very sad. I don’t feel like a time manipulator at all! The duration is just too short for people to even really notice what’s going on! All they see is 2 Elites in a row, and rightfully complain about it. There is virtually no play or counter-play, no jukes, no mind-games…at best the rift happens to get destroyed by accident due to splash damage.

Next up is Alacrity, another key selling point of the Chronomancer. With it becoming barely noticeable -for PvP at least- again I’m missing the feeling of manipulating time! If you’ve played a non-Alacrity focused Chrono build lately, you know that the amount of Alacrity you were getting from shatters and iAvengers alone was absolutely not noticeable. Now halve that! /cry

Half of barely noticeable is equal to trash. Being forced out of bunker specs at the same time means a LOT more Mesmers will be getting jack out of Alacrity. Zilch!

Next up, Precog! Already went from “hero to zero” in PvP the moment it stopped capture point contribution. Now they’re going to gut it completely, by making it virtually completely useless? Short duration Aegis x3? Really?

I don’t know about you guys, but that whole Chronomancer concept we were sold on pre HoT, is really looking very lackluster at this point. It’s turned into nothing but a couple of traits you basically can’t do without (F5, perma-speed, Chronophants), so you have to spec Chrono to compete, but everything that was cool about it is but a mere shadow of what was promised because it was nerfed into the ground.

(edited by Windwalker.7421)