I just started to play as mesmer yesterday
and i don’t know what weapon that i’ll use for my lvl 4 mesmer V.V
I love the greatsword but i just want some advice
thx a lot for your help

Q:What's the best weapon for mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jerus.4350

Jerus.4350

It depends what you’re doing, how you’re doing it, and what you enjoy.

You’re leveling up don’t worry too much.

That said, check out Sword and Focus, you’ll get a swiftness buff with Focus4, and an evade attack in sword2. You can leave GS in the other slot (you get multiple weapon slots at level 6 or 10, i forget) so when you wnt to back out to range you have that as well. You’ll be able to swap between 2 weapon sets with the ` key. (next to the 1)

in Mesmer

Posted by: FallenDragneel.3895

FallenDragneel.3895

oh i see , thank you very much bro :]]]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

I also recommend Staff for your offset. It has great defensive skills if you find yourself in need of them.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)

in Mesmer

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

i recommend giving good advice

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I wouldn’t worry about focusing on any one weapon set right now – levelling is for you to enjoy trying different things out and see what you like the feel of.

At the end it depends whether you like to focus on pve or wvw/pvp, because different weapons work better in different scenarios.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dracatis.1908

Dracatis.1908

Best weapon? Off-Hand Sword :V

Best Weapon for new butterfly? Torch until you get decoy/mirror images, then Off-Hand Sword (Scepter or Sword are personal preference in my opinion, I like scepters block and clone gen, but Sword’s melee AoE and invinco frenzy are handy)

Second Best Weapon for new butterfly? Staff, mesmer is a rough start without traits. Yes, Staff is slow and defensive but you’ll survive a lot of tough situations with Staff.

Not recommended for PvE: GS, most mobs are melee meaning unless you target the archers in the back and position to hit the melees too your aren’t outputing hardly any damage and untraited is meh. Pistol, sure iDuelist can output some decent DPS and the cc shot will be hard to use effectively against mobs.

“We are the makers of the music, we are the dreamers of the dream”
-Willy Wonka(Gene Wilder)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Welcome to Mesmer! All of the weapons are pretty decent to use, but for now since you’re just trying to get a feel for the class I’d recommend trying all the weapons, but I think the best set for leveling is Sword/Focus – Greatsword.

That set will give you good speed and mobility and a way to manage groups while also doing good single-target damage. Once you start deciding to branch out into other things (Dungeons, PvP, or WvW) you’ll move on to other sets but in general sword is your best friend.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seras.5702

Seras.5702

i recommend giving good advice

Or any advice. If you’re not going to contribute, please keep your snide comments to yourself.

…actually even if you are going to contribute.

Staff is exactly what I said it is. A defensive weapon, and imo good for someone brand new to the game and Mesmer. Especially without any traits.

Flixx Gatebuster, Orwynn Lightgrave, Seras Snapdragon
[TTBH] [HATE], Yak’s Bend(NA)