Questions for the best of the mesmers

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

Hi guys,

i just had two questions regarding a utility and a trait im working with in my current build, its currently being build for group play in WvW, i couldnt find any specific information on these topics so i apologise if they are a bit too specific

1. the adept trait in the duelling line “retaliatory shield”, does anyone know if this procs from aegis activating and also does this have a cooldown on the trait? this would dramatically change whether i take it or not

2. the utility mimic, i wanted to know if it is possible to throw your “Mirror blade” with the GS then activate the channel for mimic and proc the blocks through your own mirror blade bounce atk off an enemy, ive used it before and found it really powerful with manipulation reduced however if you cant do this i think it would be unfair to sk my mesmers in the guild to take this due to the practice it takes to become decent with it.

Thank you
RedC

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

oh i think id forgot one as well, its for the mimic skill, im aware that projectiles are reflected but do they also count as a block like the warriors shield reflect trait? it would be pretty good as it would more or less guarantee a 15sec retaliation stack

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soul.9280

Soul.9280

I’m not sure about the answer to #1 as I haven’t tested it, but I believe it should work.

As for #2, the answer is yes. If you time it right the GS#2 Mirror Blade should activate the blocking state from Mimic when it hits you while you’re channeling it. The challenge is that you have to be within about 600 of the target of the Mirror Blade or the bounce likely won’t reach you.

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

tyvm soul it sounds like a reliable way to get the proc then for newer users of the skill without asking them to jump in front of rangers xD, i wonder, does this also work for say staff mesmers and the staffs clones projectiles? GS does sound better though im going to add it into the build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Yes it procs off Aegis. No cooldown. Yes works with staff Winds of Chaos.

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

Yes it procs off Aegis. No cooldown. Yes works with staff Winds of Chaos.

thank you thank you how about the projectiles for mimic? do they count as block and reflect or just reflect?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Nah just reflect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Most of the mimic questions seem to have been answered, but I’ve got a pretty compete write-up on mimic in my Zergmower build thread, which you can find in Fay’s build list.

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

no thats perfect, im okay with mimic im just shocked that i didnt think of using my own projectiles to proc the blocks earlier o.0 we need to publicise this more, maybe it could bring some well deserved love for one of my favourite utilities i doubt that many people know how to do this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Can’t remember exactly, but to clarify, doesn’t mirror blade do nothing when echoed?

Also IIRC echoed wind of chaos only gives you the boon?

Ah, would so love to use mimic however I have to take mantra of resolve because of all of this condition BS flying around. Definitely one of my favourite skills, both feature wise and the animation too – just looks awesome.

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

ahh then i might be able to help you

but first im okay with losing echo i only take it for the 4 second block

try getting menders purity for 2 condi removal on heal then use the mantra of restoration for a condition removal of 4 every 12 secs, it allows yo uto drop your condi removal utility

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

with the build im currently using, (power PU mantra) i can beat perplexity mesmers in duels thanks to the menders purity and high health per second heals through restorative mantras :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

with the build im currently using, (power PU mantra) i can beat perplexity mesmers in duels thanks to the menders purity and high health per second heals through restorative mantras :P

But that means 20 in inspiration!

Ah, too many traits, not enough points!

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

But that means 20 in inspiration!

Ah, too many traits, not enough points!

tell me about it, i want 15 in illusions aswell :C
but i used to run 30 for the heal shatters o.0 then i started realising that mantra heal is better, ive ran it until its meta and now im getting laughed at xD get away from my mantras >:C