Restarting Mesmer-Only guild

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

There are only 4 people left in Dopplegankers now and I’m the only one that’s a regular. I’m looking to start over and wonder which server do you guys feel is best for an all mesmer guild. I’m on Tarnished Coast but considering it’s mostly an RP server, I’m not sure it’s an adequate fit for a thematic guild. Along with starting over, I’m also looking for people to help me make this a very active guild as I have little experience with being a guildmaster. Sad to say, for as long as I’ve been playing MMOs, I usually solo and PuG. I’m naturally introverted as well but I want to see this work.

So is anyone else interested?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Riox.6129

Riox.6129

I’m in if you can move to Maguuma.

True wisdom is acknowledging the extent of our ignorance.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vanille.6407

Vanille.6407

Darkhaven .

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seraphim.3475

Seraphim.3475

Dark haven. I always wanted to run in a

Mesmer group and spit out 3 clowns each and make a 5 man team look looks a Zerg

in Mesmer

Crossplay.2067

Wow… I was hoping to get the attention of more than just three people. Are you telling me that out of over 300+ views, only 3 people are interested?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ayanavi.1904

Ayanavi.1904

The forums rarely attract large amounts of people, and even less who are interested in things like this – usually just a lot of “QQ, something happened” types. If it involves something creative or constructive, it’s usually like pulling teeth to get a response.

in Mesmer

Posted by: seanairt.3795

seanairt.3795

In all honesty, I’m not looking to leave Ferguson’s Crossing, so if you end up there you’re more than welcome to look me up and run with me (Mesmer’s name is Avarynn). I think its a great server to play on, even in WvW (where we’re among the bottom tiers). For me its the community that makes it.

I’d be happy to join an all-Mesmer guild as long as you don’t kick people for not representing (been booted from 2 guilds because i represent different guilds with different toons depending on activity – dungeons vs wvw vs de’s, etc…).

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

1. Generally speaking, no one cares about what server a random player wants to go to.

2. IIRC, there were already 1-2 Mesmer-only guilds referenced on this forum. I don’t recall where they were. One thread was pretty recent, citing some intent for a Mesmer meet. Check that thread to join one.

3. Creating a new Mesmer-only guild seems superfluous when there are already 1-2 floating around in a game with the guesting PvE system and such.

Good luck and butterfly speed.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: seanairt.3795

seanairt.3795

The mesmer meetup was this thread. It isn’t a guild formation or anything, just a large gathering of Mesmer’s planned for this weekend.

in Mesmer

Posted by: pdboddy.4162

pdboddy.4162

Don’t let the lack of response dampen your enthusiasm. There are many people who don’t read the forum but might be interested. Try guesting for a bit and ask around on other worlds.

in Mesmer

Crossplay.2067

I’ve actually been looking around for an all mesmer guild. Granted I’ve only done a preliminary search but the results yielded nothing. The best was a mesmer meetup but that’s not a dedicated guild. Even if there are already 2 mesmer guilds, with as many players as this game has, there is more than enough room for a third. The fact that I’m having trouble even finding another speaks volumes about the matter.

Trying to find a good home server has become an issue as well. Lots of people like where they are and now that transfers have a fee, even those that don’t are hesitant to change. It can be avoided with the loss of playing WvW, which is nothing major in my opinion, but that also divides up the guild experience and treasure trove across several servers. I have no idea how to fix that. Even if servers leaders are appointed and well-maintained, anyone on a server with few members is going to get shafted.

I’m going to try renaming the thread in hope that it garners more interest.

(edited by Crossplay.2067)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Harbinger.9645

Harbinger.9645

Gates of Madness…just do it. :-)

Cynaptix-Mesmer(80)
Member of Gamers With Jobs(GWJ)
From the Northern Shiver Peaks

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Maguuma is home to the Maguuma Mesmer Mafia [TriM]. A guild specialized in WvW mesmer tactics and is 100+ on roster :P

Clearly you guys should come here to guest xD

No idea who they are or if the information is accurate, but 100+ seems a good number.

Edit: Actually the poster didn’t explicitly state whether the guild was Mesmer-only, but /shrug.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Areyia Rose.7046

Areyia Rose.7046

aw you beat me to it i was about to say that easymode it is mostly mesmers + a few other classes for test subjects! lol messing but there is a few very few non mesmers for if we need help with certain things there is about 60 mesmers on per day atleast when i am on and i am eastern time but we have like 150+ in guild but we all have our own guilds we come together for wvw though and events and training…yes training

(edited by Areyia Rose.7046)

in Mesmer

Posted by: CrysisMB.1042

CrysisMB.1042

I’m in. Gates of Madness pls?

in Mesmer

Crossplay.2067

I didn’t want to set any rules in stone until I at least saw an interest, however, I can see how that creates confusion so I will lay down some guidelines an lists my preferences.

This guild will be for mesmers only. I don’t care what people do or what guild they represent when on an alt but I need all mesmers in the guild to represent at all times. This ensures that the guild gains influence for skills while being as fair as possible.

I prefer all officers have mesmers as their main toon but I am willing to make exceptions for great officers.

Officers have to be willing to train new recruits but this training is only on proficient use of powers, combos and combat theory. There won’t be any, “you HAVE to play this way,” as that limits new build discoveries.

I would like people whom will help lowbie mesmers level up. We’ve all been there. That’s not something I wish on anyone.

If money permits, there will be a constant stash of purple and pink dyes in the vault. We always should look our best!

On a personal note, I would like people willing to help with legendaries. I’m not talking about giving someone 100 charged lodestones. I mean willing to run with them through FotM and CoE until they have 100.

On that note, and we have to pester the devs to give us shortbows as aoe weapons. We need more aoe and nothing is as more satisfying then killing with butterflies, unicorns and rainbows! I can’t state that enough!

in Mesmer

Crossplay.2067

I’m in. Gates of Madness pls?

For now we’ll do a lot of guesting. I personally wanted Crystal Desert, just for the name, but I’ll consider a home server later.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Im in Anvil Rock but I’m down, especially in spvp. I can already smell the ragequitting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Skigit.3715

Skigit.3715

There are only 4 people left in Dopplegankers now and I’m the only one that’s a regular. I’m looking to start over and wonder which server do you guys feel is best for an all mesmer guild. I’m on Tarnished Coast but considering it’s mostly an RP server, I’m not sure it’s an adequate fit for a thematic guild. Along with starting over, I’m also looking for people to help me make this a very active guild as I have little experience with being a guildmaster. Sad to say, for as long as I’ve been playing MMOs, I usually solo and PuG. I’m naturally introverted as well but I want to see this work.

So is anyone else interested?

If you come to gates of madness I’m down for it.

Add skigit if you decide to come to GoM

in Mesmer

Crossplay.2067

At the moment, I’m trying to get in contact with the Maguuma Mesmer Mafia to see how they do things. If they want the same things I do then there’s no point in making this guild.