Rune/Sigil Patch: What Will You Be Running?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

For those who don’t know, Sigils and Runes are getting tweaked soon.

EVERY RUNE is getting touched on in some way, whether this is good or bad is yet to be seen but I have hopes for an improved Runes of the Mesmer, Runes of Ice, Runes of Dwayna & Runes of the Water (Dat Support/Lockdown!) Any runes you’re hoping get looked at?

SIGILS are being changed in two ways:

• Sigils will no longer share the same internal cooldown. This means you can use “-on Swap” and “on crit” sigils on the same weaponset finally.
  • Two-handed weapons will have 2 sigil slots so they’ll work the same as if you had 2 one-handed weapons.

(Also it’s worth noting that sigils will be tweaked as well, so many will be changing. Devs specifically mentioned: "Sigils like ‘30% on-crit’ will be changed to have an effect that works 100% on-crit. )

So with that being said – and pushing our natural pessimism aside just for a second – how will this patch affect your builds? What’ll you be running?

For me? Battle/Hydromancy – Battle/Hydromancy or … Energy/ Hydromancy – Energy /Hydromancy

SOMETHING IS GETTING +HYDROMANCY THAT SIGIL ROCKS. O_o

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Hydro/Doom is the best for a CC build IMO.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

There will be a ton of theory-crafting to do with this impending change, but for sure I’ll be adding sigils of bursting to the one handed weapons in the condition builds I run (in addition to the current doom sigils).

Some others I’m thinking about are:

• Pairing sigil of doom with torment. Moar condition output.
  • Pairing hydromancy with ice. If they’re changing the 30% to 100% crit chance, that could be some very nice chill output. I’m sure the ICD on these 100% sigils will be significant, but hey.
  • Pairing battle with strength. “I feel strong!”
  • Throwing on a sigil of purity for that xtra condi-removal.

Overall this is going to do a great service to build diversity across all classes. Excellent change.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Unless they nerf Energy too much it will be Energy + Accuracy on both sets. Same as now, but i will be able to put both on my GS now.

If i manage to stack 60% critchance without Accuracy, it will be Energy + Battle or Doom (to handle bunker builds), most likely.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dekk.3459

Dekk.3459

(Also it’s worth noting that sigils will be tweaked as well, so many will be changing. Devs specifically mentioned: "Sigils like ‘30% on-crit’ will be changed to have an effect that works 100% on-crit. )

Wow talk about a condition meta… Wonder what the ICD will be now for on crit.

Sigil of Blood for those GC builds??

in Mesmer

Posted by: Valarauka.2719

Valarauka.2719

Probably Battle+Force for PvE.
Likely Energy+Hydro for PvP.
Possibly Hydro+Doom for WvW?

I’m just already scared of Air + Intelligence killshot warriors. And Air + Fire + Hidden Killer backstab thieves. Dat Burst. x_x

Gate of Madness :: [LIVE] :: [OMFG]
Fiona Oberyn :: Mesmer ~ Valthaniel :: Guardian

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Unless they nerf Energy too much it will be Energy + Accuracy on both sets. Same as now, but i will be able to put both on my GS now.

If i manage to stack 60% critchance without Accuracy, it will be Energy + Battle or Doom (to handle bunker builds), most likely.

This pretty much.

If enough accuracy then I’ll either run fire, force, battle or doom as the second, unless some unknown sigil gets a massive buff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Purity/Generosity, we need condition cleaning.
Hydro/Geo

Runewise, I’ve got my main 3 sets (Perplexity/Traveler/Melandru), we’ll see if the patch makes other Runes more viable … but the Traveler set’s set my gold back far enough that it’s going nowhere.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Kitten, I forgot about generosity/purity.

If they make the cooldown lower (maybe 5seconds?), or maybe 2 conditions on critical then I may stack up on those instead.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

In PU condies, I normally go energy/energy+corruption, but I might start going double energy+doom. We will see.

On phantasm, almost definitely double energy+hydromancy for that lovely cc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LunarNacht.8913

LunarNacht.8913

I guess we have to check every rune when it’s time. I really hope some get a complet makeover to something special. Another interupt triggered runeeffect for powerbuilds would be fun.

in Mesmer

Posted by: selan.8354

selan.8354

hmmm ill see. i hope my melandru rune will still be in good condition. but id like to try out a power oriented rune

Lv 80 glamour Mesmer Triforce Mesmerpower PU mes,Lv 80 power necro
[AVTR]
Isle of Kickaspenwood

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

Energy/Battle on my Hybrid PU. Only thing I’d really consider mixing in would be Doom — will probably have a weapon with it just in case I run into a high-regen toon.

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dawdler.8521

Dawdler.8521

Keep in mind that the sigils will more than likely have increased cooldowns due to this change, especially those working on 100% crit. All the 3s/5s will probably be 10s instead – and as it is now, we trigger those 30% runes almost every time due to high crit rates. So it might actually be a very heavy nerf to sigils. Wouldnt get my hopes up too high on uber combos, lol.

For guild raiding, I’ll definetly use hp on kill/endurance on kill on my staff and flame/endurance on kill on my greatsword.

Wouldnt surprise me the slightest if on kill sigils also got an internal cooldown, resulting in one of the biggest nerf to sigils I can imagine.

Yes I’m a pessimist :p

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

Hoping for a lockdown buff to Runes of the Mesmer…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

Something with 25% movement speed.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’m hoping they don’t nerf runes that were expensive. I invested a bunch to get Travelers runes because they fit exactly what I needed.

In terms of Sigils, I’m intrigued with trying a mixture of battle and either leeching or blood. I know that energy is better for the phantasm build I’m playing because they give more dodges, but I’m curious to see if I can get a reasonable overall passive heal rate by combining the life drain sigils with the healing signet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

PvE:
Still Sigil of Battle. Maybe even the on hit heal or vigor too. But definitly battle in first place.
Runes? No informations, no reason to talk about it.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korossive.7085

Korossive.7085

Runes: Filter all rune sets to those with 25%+ movement; then see.
Sigils: Dual Generosity/Energy

in Mesmer

Posted by: bri.2359

bri.2359

For runes, I don’t care because my current one are runes of the centaur that were dirt cheap to buy. If I like the changes to these, great, if not, no big deal to replace them., apart from the cost of the new runes …

I fear for the sigil of fire on my GS. If this gets an increased CD, like 10 sec, it will become near useless. I have one of these on my guardian’s staff as well, so will be double bad news.

In fact I run a lots of sigils on various toons and weapons that proc off crits (air and strength). I am not looking forward ot these changes at all …

Lvl 80’s: Ranger; Guardian; Mesmer; Necromancer; Thief
Gandara Megaserver

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

My dream runes I’m praying for….

-20% condi duration
+25% movement speed
183 condi damage