Scepter Balance

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Hello, now I am very happy and excited to read the next balance for the mesmer in the part “Additionally, we’ll be improving upon the scepter, which will be receiving updates through skills, functionality, and traits.”

A few weeks ago, I suggested several ideas on the skill AA of scepter and traits with conditions for the “confusion” for mesmer mechanic. Also some other changes in general, so now is the time advantage I will gather in this post, and put all my suggestions.

Scepter Skill AA

Some permanent changes

• A little increase of durations all “conditions” of AA skill (4s). (The clon attack
    torment duration is 1s).
  • The second AA skill now also inflict torment AoE if the enemy was activating any skill.
  • The third AA skill now inflict torment.
  • Now when you control three clones, the third AA skill inflict confusion instead summon clon. (Both clones as phantasm, you are controls three clones)

Ether Bolt

Chain. Shoot a bolt of energy at your target that torment.

Damage: 183
x1 Torment (4s) <——- New change (Before it was x1 Torment 2s)
Range: 900

Ether Blast

Chain. Shoot a second bolt of energy at your target that torment. If the enemy was activating any skill, also torment nearby foes.

Damage: 183
x1 Torment (4s) <——- New change (Before it was x1 Torment 3s)
Number of Targets: 5
Radius: 240

Ether Clone

Shoot out a third bolt of energy that torment your target. Summon a clone that casts Ether Bolt. If you control three clones, inflict Confusion instead summon a clone.

Damage: 275
x1 Torment (4s) <——- New change (Add x1 Torment)
x1 Confusion (4s) <——- New change (Add x1 Confusion when you control three clones)

With these changes, the scepter would be a viable weapon to build of “conditions” compared to other professions. On the other hand, we can control and play with three phantasmal with scepter, without the hassle of being destroyed by replaced by a clone. If we control two phantasmal and a clone (or three clones), third AA now inflict confusion, however if we control two clone (or two phantasmal), third AA summon a clone and not inflict confusion.

Addition the mesmer scepter that only have access to 2 perma conditions (Torment and Confusion), and are easy to clean. The scepter is a weapon of conditions, therefore, have to perform its role of damage conditions, especially with torment and confusion, in addition, it would help that little increase of duration conditions a lot in PVE, i see no problem that we have more access to torment and confusion with the skill AA.

Attachments:

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Some thoughts idea for skill scepter 2:

Scepter Skill 2

• Now when you use Illusionary Counter, grants Mirror (2s).
  • Now when you blocking an attack or reflect a projectile (On the first enemy), inflict torment and summon a clone instantly, and Illusionary Counter finished.
  • Now If Illusionary Counter fully channels (2s) and do not block any attack or reflect any projectile, summon a clone, but not inflict torment (x5 torment).
  • Now Counterspell also inflicts a bit of torment, for a more strategically in combat situations.

Illusionary Counter

Clone. Gain Mirror for a short duration and block the next attack. Counter by applying Torment and creating a clone that casts Ether Bolt if you reflected any projectile or blocked any attack of foes. If Illusionary Counter fully channels summon a clone.

Damage: 367
x5 Torment (8s)
Mirror (2s): Reflects incoming projectiles.
Block duration: 2s

Counterspell

Shoot out a bolt that blinds and Torment foes in a line.

Damage: 37
x2 Torment (8s)
Blind (5s): Next outgoing attack misses.
Number of Targets: 5

Adding more Torment on Counterspell is one more way of strategy if we decide to use a defensive and quickly as combat, the word says, against spell, while, if we decide that the channeling of the blockade, we decided a more defensive way and close combat, always with that extra help Autoreflect (on both sides, but use the skill na 2), it offset by comparing the protection offered skill 2 of sword (2s distortion of invulneravility), i think it would be fairer.

Attachments:

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Please do not make scepter a condi only weapon.

I think scepter is really good as it is now as BOTH power and Condition and Hybrid Builds can use it.

Not everyone wants to be part of the braindead condi spamming meta.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

I think scepter is really good as it is now as BOTH power and Condition and Hybrid Builds can use it.

Really ? The scepter must be a conditions weapon please, it should not be a hybrid gun, we have the staff for hybrid weapon.

If not want to be the scepter a conditions weapon, then remove all conditions that inflict it and turn it into a berserker weapon (Full dps, like the sword of one hand) both they love people, fewer conditions and direct more dps, other clone weapon like the sword of one hand, direct dps. (I laugh)

Seriously, the scepter must be completely a weapon of damage conditions (such as necro scepter), accompanying the mechanical and features with the trait “confusion” and “torment”, for direct damage we have the sword.

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Really ? The scepter must be a conditions weapon please, it should not be a hybrid gun, we have the staff for hybrid weapon.

If not want to be the scepter a conditions weapon, then remove all conditions that inflict it and turn it into a berserker weapon (Full dps, like the sword of one hand) both they love people, fewer conditions and direct more dps, other clone weapon like the sword of one hand, direct dps. (I laugh)

Seriously, the scepter must be completely a weapon of damage conditions (such as necro scepter), accompanying the mechanical and features with the trait “confusion” and “torment”, for direct damage we have the sword.

Have you tried scepter in a zerk build? Lemme guess. No.
Have you tried scepter in a viper build? Lemme guess. No.

Scepter works very well with condition damage and power damage.

Adding more conditions on the weapons would kill that diversity since it will be better just to go full conditions since there is a lot of conditions on the weapon.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Have you tried scepter in a zerk build? Lemme guess. No.
Have you tried scepter in a viper build? Lemme guess. No.

Scepter works very well with condition damage and power damage.

Adding more conditions on the weapons would kill that diversity since it will be better just to go full conditions since there is a lot of conditions on the weapon.

You’re going to ask me, how they have to play with the scepter? when I’ve been playing since he left the game, come on man, you have no idea. You think that i no have experience with the scepter? I know more than you, and it’s really sad to see the scepter mesmer as “only weapon” to damage conditions and see that does more damage in berserker that damage conditions

If you do not want to play damage conditions, this is not your proper post, let alone ask the scepter mesmer not a weapon damage condition.

The scepter must not be conditioned and forced to certain traits (for example Maim the Disillusioned) only by it because is a show clone, the scepter must be a weapon conditions 100% (especially conditions base, independently with trait or no, as the scepter of necro).

The strategy or mechanic of scepter mesmer, is punished to the foes with the confusion and torment, as the enemies act according to their actions, receiving more damage or no, it is a reference mechanic to Backfire and Empathy

To make the scepter one hybrid weapon or direct damage, forget it, rip the unique weapon of damage conditions for mesmer.

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’m really curious to see what is done with scepter. It’s probably my favorite weapon.

I think because there are only two mainhand weapons, it’s unlikely that it ever becomes completely single-purpose.

Given how all of the condi amulets have a downside in pvp, I’ve started to really like going with viper amulet. And then I really appreciate the direct damage on scepter.

We’ll see what happens

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Some ideas for trait synergy for scepter mesmer:

Malicious Sorcery

While you wield a scepter, per each clone that you control, confusion and torment does more damage on the foes that are not activating any skill. Reduces recharge on scepter skills.

Damage increase: 2% (Per each clone, total is 6%)
Maximum Stacks: 3
Recharge Reduced: 20%

With this change, this trait grandmaster helps the scepter mesmer on conditions damage in PvE, and make good synergy with the skill AA.

Attachments:

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Step 1: Completely scrap the weapon’s current skills.

Step 2: The new skills:

#1: A non-projectile direct attack chain (like the Necro scepter AA) that does not create clones. Has increased Confusion and Torment to compensate.

#2: Panic. A faster casting Confusing Images that can arc to another enemy if it strikes a dazed foe, and arc again if THAT foe was dazed. 10 second recharge.

#3. Visions of Regret. Place the Visions of Regret debuff on a foe. For 10 seconds, whenever that foe deals damage, it takes X damage and a clone targeting that foe is created. (Maximum Z damage/1 clone per second.) These clones do not overwrite phantasms. 25 second recharge.

(edited by Arshay Duskbrow.1306)

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

We do not want to see on the scepter:

• A hybrid weapon, we are not know if it’s better on direct harm or damage condition.

Solution: The changes of balance must to make clear that it is a weapon of damage condition 100%

• That the scepter skill does more direct damage (Berserker) that damage conditions.

Solution: The changes of balance must to make clear that skill scepter does more damage conditions with stat Sinister (Viper or other stat of damage conditions) that any other stat of damage direct, therefore, reduce the direct damage base, and increases more ways to apply conditions.

• The skill scepter AA is very slowly and not have synergy with the traits.

Solution: The changes of balance must to make clear that skill scepter AA have to a synergy with the traits, and a more practical way to damage conditions.

In general, as we see will change completely the skills, we want to see a weapon damage conditions 100%, it is our weapon role Main-hand only damage conditions (We have the sword Main-hand for full DPS 100%).

We want to see a weapon Main-hand as scepter Necro, or mace Revenant, it are weapons of damage conditions 100%, on the mesmer we want to see a weapon Main-hand damage conditions 100%, no a wepaon hybrid.

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

I am hoping for a complete overhaul here, as tweaking will NOT fix this weapon! (ANet has tried time and again, and failed miserably each time. )

- AA is terrible, way too slow, and thusly so are the Clones it produces

- #2 is buggy and easily avoidable. The block is bad and always has been, and the counter is too slow and heavily telegraphed making it easy to avoid in 1v1. (And it’s a purely 1v1 skill! It’s even worse in GvG where neither the block nor the counter has any impact at all!)

- #3 is again way over-telegraphed and even though they did manage to make this almost decent with recent tweaks, that telegraph still makes it far too easy to avoid. It’s also again pretty terrible in GvG, where it’s simply too slow for the very negligible effect it does.

Whatever the change is, it has to fix that god awful AA, including the Clones AAs!

(edited by Windwalker.7421)

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

I don’t think scepter is a bad weapon. I like #3 and #2 is decent. It just suffers from its AA. I would not mind a full rework of the AA. It should have increased power and condition damage. No weapon should be full condi. The reason for that is that condi use only 1 or 2 stats, so they cannot be as strong as power weapons. On the other hand, hybrid weapons can be balanced around viper stats.

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

As opposed to the braindead power spamming meta?

Scepter Balance

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

As opposed to the braindead power spamming meta?

I prefer braindead hybrid.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)