Seven Mirror - WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Grimms.9016

Grimms.9016

My goal here is survivabilty while still having a high impact shatter or having a hard hitting phantasm. In WvW, running into group’s of players is a common occurance, so below I have detailed a survival build that allows a Mesmer to handle said groups. The traits and gear are listed below if you find yourself liking the playstyle of a certain video.

Seven Mirror’s video
[06/08/13] In for the kill
[05/26/13] Mesmer combat with commentary #2
[05/18/13] Mesmer Combat with commentary
[05/11/13] 1vX Galdiator
[05/04/13] You shall not pass
[05/02/13] Bullet Train
[04/26/13] Sail
[04/11/13] Resurrection
[03/31/13] Charlie Sheen
[03/23/13] Confusion
[03/14/13] Game of inches
[03/07/13] “Eve lution”
[03/04/13] The art of war
[02/25/13] The hangover
[02/23/13] Staff mess around
[02/05/13] Close Quarters 4 v Me
[01/25/13] Badge Farming
[01/14/13] Bullet-Proof
[01/11/13] Team Play
[01/07/13] How to “Mesmer”
[01/02/13] How to use a torch
[12/29/12] ATHF and Guild Wars 2!
[12/28/12] Outnumbered but not out manned
[12/23/12] How to Rally!
[12/17/12] How to fight d/d Ele’s

Power Pistol build
0/30(II,IX,X)/20(V,X)/15(V)/5
The gear:
Main hand scepter/Off hand Pistol and Staff (All Valkyrie)
Knights set
Ascended pieces (power/toughness/crit damage)
Runes/Sigil’s
Melandru runes x6
Superior sigil of Leeching on Staff
Superior sigil of Battle on main hand Scepter
Superior sigil of Accuracy on Pistol

Focus build
10(III)/20(II,X)/15(IV)/20(V,VIII)/5
The gear:
Main hand scepter/Off hand sword/Main hand sword/Off hand focus (All Valkyrie)
Knights set
Runes/Sigil’s
Melandru runes x6
Superior sigil of Battle on Scepter and main hand sword
Superior sigil of Acuracy on off hand sword and focus

Swordsman build
10(III)/25(II,X)/30(III,X,XII)/0/5
The gear:
Main hand sword/Off hand sword/Two handed staff (All Valkyrie)
Knights set (Except hands and feet)
Valkyrie set (Hands and Feet)
Runes/Sigil’s
Centaur runes x6
Superior sigil of Battle on staff and main hand sword
Superior sigil of Acuracy on off-hand sword

Sword Torch build
0/20(IV,X)/30(III,X,XII)/0/20(V,VI)
The gear:
Main hand sword/off hand torch/Two handed staff (All power/tough/vitality)
Knights set (power/precision/toughness)
Runes/Sigil’s
Centaur runes x 6
Superior sigil of Battle on staff and main hand sword
Superior sigil of Acuracy on off-hand torch

Confusion build
0/25(III,X)/30(V,X,XII)/0/15(V)
The gear:
Main hand Scepter/off hand Torch/Two handed staff (Power/Vitality/Con on all)
Rabid set (recision/toughness/con)
Ascended pieces (precision/vitality/Con x 2, precision/toughness/con on rest)
Runes/Sigil’s
Melandru runes x 6
Superior sigil of Battle on staff and main hand scepter
Superior sigil of Acuracy on off-hand torch

The versatility of the Mesmer is amazing. I am constantly switching traits and weapons, going from a shatter spec to a condition damage tank. It’s not how you trait yourself, it’s how you play with what you have.

I’m a firm believer that any build on any class can dominate in the right hands. I hope these video’s provide a small source of entertainment for those interested. Enjoy my fellow Mesmers!

Seven Mirror [KING] – Sorrow’s Furnace
7mirror vids/builds

(edited by Grimms.9016)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

The versatility of the Mesmer is amazing. I am constantly switching traits and weapons, going from a shatter spec to a condition damage tank to a mantra build. It’s not how you trait yourself, it’s how you play with what you have.

I’m a firm believer that any build on any class can dominate in the right hands. I hope these video’s provide a small source of entertainment for those interested. Enjoy my fellow Mesmer’s!

Well said and nice vids

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raideen.5973

Raideen.5973

Clearly has not tried a long range spec with an engineer.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Erithus.1649

Erithus.1649

Amazing videos there! Your survivability is monumental! Care to elaborate on your gear? I’m guessing the build is 0/20/20/0/30, right?

Erythia Mesmer of Unity [UNTY] Aurora Glade

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

Amazing videos there! Your survivability is monumental! Care to elaborate on your gear? I’m guessing the build is 0/20/20/0/30, right?

Spot on. I run knight’s gear as well. Weapons I use power/tough/vitality. I use Power,Toughness, Crit Damage trinkets. I keep my crit chance around 40% and crit damage above 60%.

7mirror vids/builds

(edited by Grimms.9016)

in Mesmer

Posted by: KirinDave.6451

KirinDave.6451

There is one long range spec with an engineer and it is terrible. You have to choose mostly terrible utilities for your toolbelt slots, and run a glassy build with none of the useful defense mechanics that GC (thieves|mesmers|rangers) can use.

So let’s just not talk about that build like it’s anything but the apoplectic thrashing of a foundering class design.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lillith.5724

Lillith.5724

That first vid was hilarious! Really looked like you’re having fun and I was giggling like crazy when they started running from you !!!
Nice job

Lillith Flame – Norn Ranger
Guild Leader: Spank Reunited
Yak’s Bend Server

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vexien.4790

Vexien.4790

I love your videos. Always great imagining the thought process of your enemies, especially during a particular scene in your rallying video:
1. Starts out ~1 v 4, a few more people join in and your health drops like a stone.
2. You run away, jumping into water nearby and pulling a skelk.
3. Condition damage kills you, ~8 enemies jump down in a frenzy of attacks to finish you off.
4. Skelk dies, you rez and decoy, run away.
5. Group of enemies stands still for several seconds wondering what just happened.

Fantastic

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

Lillith Flame:

Ah thanks for the kind words. I love moments like these though, were you feel indestructible. Nothing can stop your momentum… Then you find yourself on your back because you chased a group into protective siege…

Vexien.4790:

Thank you. At times it seems that the larger the group I’m fighting the easier it is to juke. It’s like mob mentality takes hold and everyone just follows whoever is ahead in the pack… Too much going on for them to really focus.

If this would have transpired against one or two skilled opponents, I’m not so sure it would have ended the same way.

7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Durzlla.6295

Durzlla.6295

LOL! Omg, after watching the torch video it appears that they behave a lot like how NPCs do… can’t wait to start doing WvW on my mesmer >=D!! atm he just does sPvP and PvE)

They sing dark, delicious notes about power and family.
As their mother, I have to grant them their wish. – Forever Fyonna

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

update – [01/07/13]

So the nerf has some people turning from Mesmer. I hope that I’ve demonstrated that we are still strong. Stay true my friends. Never say die… and show them your mettle.

7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

LOL! Omg, after watching the torch video it appears that they behave a lot like how NPCs do… can’t wait to start doing WvW on my mesmer >=D!! atm he just does sPvP and PvE)

ikr. :P Mesmer can be a load of fun in WvW. Tricky little buggers…

7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Puffendorf.1694

Puffendorf.1694

Quick question. You use a staff but don’t build on condition damage at all. Isn’t staff mostly a condition weapon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

@Puffendorf:
It’s also a top-notch defensive weapon no matter what damage type you spec for. Yeah, condition mesmers get more out of the staff in most situations, but Seven is obviously mostly a shatter mesmer that uses staff for defense/utility to set up powerful shatters.

@Seven: Great vids, btw. Very inspiring. I particularly love the torch vid. Looks like a lot of fun.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

@Puffendorf:
It’s also a top-notch defensive weapon no matter what damage type you spec for. Yeah, condition mesmers get more out of the staff in most situations, but Seven is obviously mostly a shatter mesmer that uses staff for defense/utility to set up powerful shatters.

@Seven: Great vids, btw. Very inspiring. I particularly love the torch vid. Looks like a lot of fun.

Gaiawolf is spot on here. It’s my get away stick. :P I use it for chaos armor and the phase retreat like a madman. Also, I stack a high crit + crit chance, couple that with illusionary elasticity, and an air sigil, and presto. Staff can lay on some damage.

Thanks Gaiawolf.

7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

@Seven really enjoyed your latest vid. I notice many times after you use torch or decoy that opponents dont immediately come after you. Is this due to culling not working correctly and your mesmer just isn’t visible on there screen yet?

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

@Seven really enjoyed your latest vid. I notice many times after you use torch or decoy that opponents dont immediately come after you. Is this due to culling not working correctly and your mesmer just isn’t visible on there screen yet?

Great eye, Kumakichi.

I think what we are seeing is the culling issue that occurs with thieves that we see so often. I’m also noticing that it becomes more apparent the more people that are around. I’m starting to notice a larger window here when I am completely visable (no invis buff) yet the enemy doesn’t see me because I haven’t rendered on their screen.

This is giving a me more time to attack and still be untargetable.

Hopefully anet is working on a fix.

7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

What runes and Sigils did you go with Seven?

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

What runes and Sigils did you go with Seven?

Superior sigil of Air x2 – One on staff, one on main hand sword.
Superior sigil of Accuracy – On off hand.

Superior sigil of Air offers the greatest damage increase (around 7%) of any sigil. It is especially nice on the staff, coupled with illusionary elasticity (extra bounce on staff attack), all of a sudden the staff packs a punch.

Superior sigil of Accuracy to bring up my critical chance. Currently at 50%ish crit chance with a 71% critical damage. All this spike, while still having 2.8k+ armor… This is the reason I can take on so many at once. My armor is through the roof, and I can still blow things up.

Superior runes of the centaur…

Because… sadly… this is the only form of reliable swiftness we have, that won’t get us caught with a focus in our offhand…

Superior runes of air are viable too. Though I find that the 5 seconds of swiftness isn’t enough to get away or catch large groups when I need too in WvW.

If only I could equip the runes I really wanted, and still have a reliable form of swiftness…

(looks dreamily out the window)

7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

Spot on. I run knight’s gear as well. Weapons I use power/tough/vitality. I use Power,Toughness, Crit Damage trinkets. I keep my crit chance around 40% and crit damage above 60%.

@Seven I was just checking the Trading Post for trinkets. I couldn’t find the ones you mentioned. Did you mean Power Precision and Toughness trinkets with some kind of crit damage gem?

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

@Seven I was just checking the Trading Post for trinkets. I couldn’t find the ones you mentioned. Did you mean Power Precision and Toughness trinkets with some kind of crit damage gem?

No sir,

Two ascended rings – Rurik’s Royal Signet + Alderbern’s Royal Signet (p/t/crit dmg)
One ascended back piece – Fractal Capacitor (infused) (p/t/crit dmg)
Triforge Pendent
Karka Shell earring
The last earring slot I use the beserker one.

Use those, AC weapons, with a full set of knight’s gear + Master Maintenence oil + The curry butternut squash food, and with a 0/20/20/0/30 setup.

End Result = 2.85k armor, 52% crit chance, 71% crit damage, shatter tank.

7mirror vids/builds

(edited by Grimms.9016)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Davrollen.8935

Davrollen.8935

Seven,

After watching your videos, I added two main knights pieces to my berserkers setup, switched to staff, and I have to say the difference is night and day. This build is under appreciated. While I cannot burn a single opponent down quite as fast, I am a much better mesmer now. A thief friend of mine also went toughness with apothecary gear and our small group of 5 was able to stop several zergs. It was very difficult for them to kill us. Thanks for the videos.

in Mesmer

Gaiawolf.8261

Seven, I noticed in many of your vids that you do not seem to have much condition removal. How do you deal with condition heavy builds?

I also noticed you run the Signet of Inspiration even when solo. Do you feel a random boon works better for you than a Null Field or Feedback for the utility+chaos armor combo?

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

Davrollen,

Congrats on making the shift. I started out as a berserker mesmer myself, then slowely evolved to what it is today. Once the ascended gear is in place (power/tough/crit damage) and the remaining trinket’s that I listed, the ability to nuke is still there, just takes a bit more of a setup.

When I was running a pure offensive setup, it was nice to be able to smoke a single target, but in WvW you come accross groups of players. I would kill one then be on my back, downed, trying to decoy and use the downed skill’s like a madman… It just didn’t make sense to me. I wanted to be able to handle the group. With this setup, it is possible.

Now couple this build with 4 other people that are a nighmare to bring down, and bingo, something special begins coming to fruition. A small group of players, able to bring down many, like what you and your group are doing.

All the offensive in the world does not matter, because when you are dead, the only skill you have is “choosing a waypoint.”

Gaiawolf,

Condition heavy builds, with my current setup, will trump me. I’ve never came across a Necromancer that has flat out beat me in WvW, mainly because I can extend and let the condition’s fade, heal up, then come back in on them.

A condition bunker Mesmer, the same story, usually I extend and heal, then come back in. If I was forced to duel and stayed within the area, it wouldn’t end too well.

I do not run Signet of Inspiration any longer, not since the new patch which nerfed shattered might. The only time I use it now is on the Jelly Fish boss in fractals, using arcane theivery to take his 25 stacks of might, then signet to give it to everyone else.

You are right about Null Field. If I am certain that I am going to be in a condition heavy encounter, Null field will replace Mirror Images. The chaos armor combo + condition removal is too good. I will also use Bowl of Lemongrass Poultry Soup, as it gives -40% condition duration. Just making these two switches (one utility, one nourishment) and you now have some serious condition resilience.

7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Gaiawolf.8261

Ahh. Good to know.

This plagued me a bit because I run a similar skill/gear/trait set (staff/sword/torch, prec/tough gear, centaur runes, 0/20/20/0/30), and it was one area that I don’t feel I cover enough. Although I focus mostly on condition damage solely because I love to see enemies blow themselves up/panic with confusion and no other class really offers me that.

But, I am always looking to get a bit of condition removal in my build, and I am so reluctant to give up MI, Blink, and Decoy. Tough decisions. Veggies pizzas are my standard for extra condition ticks, but I’ll definitely have to start carrying some soup, too. Thanks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

Your last video is pure entertainement !
Your survivability skills are A-MA-ZING.

I was a pure glass canon before but now I just want to be a one-mesmer-army. Thank you for sharing all your knowledge and skills.
And the “anticipating” quote made me laugh. This poor guy swinging in nothing was hilarious.

VoxL, NSPPT

in Mesmer

Posted by: donavan.7602

donavan.7602

Outstanding thread. Thanks for putting this together, and also the additional tactical/strategic commentary regarding gear/traits/runes. This is all incredibly illuminating. Thank you, @Grimms, and also @Gaiawolf, for additional substantive comments!

“If you remain illuminated for longer than four
hours, seek immediate help, as this condition may
become permanent.”

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

Aina Dolwen,

Thank you for the kind words. I hope you have fun with the “zerg killer” achievements.

Donavan,

Thank you for commenting and the kind words. May the six smile upon you.

7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lightsbane.9012

Lightsbane.9012

Mesmers are magical duelists who wield deception as a weapon. Using powerful illusions, clones, and phantasmal magic to confuse and distract their foes, Mesmers make sure every fight is balanced in their favor and their opponents can’t believe their eyes.

Seven Mirror’s video
[01/07/13] How to “Mesmer”
[01/02/13] How to use a torch
[12/29/12] ATHF and Guild Wars 2!
[12/28/12] Outnumbered but not out manned
[12/23/12] How to Rally!
[12/17/12] How to fight d/d Ele’s
[12/09/12] Sorrow’s Furance Alliance
[12/05/12] First WvW video

The versatility of the Mesmer is amazing. I am constantly switching traits and weapons, going from a shatter spec to a condition damage tank to a mantra build. It’s not how you trait yourself, it’s how you play with what you have.

I’m a firm believer that any build on any class can dominate in the right hands. I hope these video’s provide a small source of entertainment for those interested. Enjoy my fellow Mesmers!

you’re from SF? sorry about last week in wvw. it’s happening to GOM now._.

As quick as the Valkyries ride,
As true as Odin’s spear flies,
There is nowhere to hide.

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

update – [01/11/13]

Here is some team-play with Titus Pluto (Theif), Cheeky Bunny (Ele), and myself. They are both extremely difficult to take down. He runs a cloak and dagger type build, she runs dual daggers.

Here’s a couple different encounters of us fighting, for those who are interested in such things.

7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: SiAjEj.4185

SiAjEj.4185

New to mesmer and loving it. Watching your vids doesn’t exactly make me love her less.

2 things I’ve been wondering about tho is: could you show us your traits? And wich sigils are you using in your armor pieces?

I’m new to 80 (and gw2 in general) so I just got 4 knight pieces, 2 berserker… the AC sword and karma staff+pistol. Running 20/20/0/0/30 atm… Interested in trying out your 0/20/20/0/30 build tho.

Thanks for all the vids!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

There is one long range spec with an engineer and it is terrible. You have to choose mostly terrible utilities for your toolbelt slots, and run a glassy build with none of the useful defense mechanics that GC (thieves|mesmers|rangers) can use.

So let’s just not talk about that build like it’s anything but the apoplectic thrashing of a foundering class design.

Hence why he did mention it as counter to “Any build of any class in right hands can work” comment of OP. Mesmer mechanics are so strong that even bad builds can function well. While Eng class mechanics are so FUBAR you have a very limited range of builds that are good.

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

New to mesmer and loving it. Watching your vids doesn’t exactly make me love her less.

2 things I’ve been wondering about tho is: could you show us your traits? And wich sigils are you using in your armor pieces?

I’m new to 80 (and gw2 in general) so I just got 4 knight pieces, 2 berserker… the AC sword and karma staff+pistol. Running 20/20/0/0/30 atm… Interested in trying out your 0/20/20/0/30 build tho.

Thanks for all the vids!

Traits:

0/20(IX,X)/20(III,X)/0/30(I,VII,XI)

Breakdown:

The 20 points we add in dueling offers some nice critical chance, as well the -amazing- critical infusion minor, and the sharper images miner. Our crits now off vigor for 5 seconds, and has a cooldown of… 5 seconds.. So we are able to dodge… and dodge… and dodge.. Couple this with our clone generation on dodge(X) in the same trait line, and presto! Clone factory while being invulnerable by dodging. Blade training(IX) is a must because I use a one handed sword.

The 20 points in Chaos offers us a couple unique traits. First, the health regeneration minor, and the protection we get on regen minor, synergize well together (though illusionary membrane was ninja nerfed last patch). Now for our first trait in the line, I go with master of manipulation(III). I use blink a lot in combat, for catching people and for getting away. Having it on a shorter cooldown (6 second difference) is invaluable to me. If you know you are going to be toeing the line, go ahead and change this to something else, but for roaming and large group fighting, leave it there. Chaotic Dampening(X) gives us the cooldown on staff, as well as some more toughness. Pimp.

The 30 in our last trait line, Illusions, can be switched up often. For burst damage, I use Precise Wrack(I), Illusionary Elasticity (VII), Illusionary Persona(XI). Again, it’s all situational.

I use all knight’s gear with runes of the centaur.
I use 3 ascended pieces, the ones with Power/Toughness/+Crit damage.
I use the triforge pendant.
Fill in the other two earring’s with whatever you would like more of, damage or toughness or vitality.

Hope this helps a bit. And thank you for commenting.

7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Striefer.5130

Striefer.5130

Have you thought about dropping 10 in dueling and putting 10 back into chaos for Prismatic Understanding?
I’ve been running 0/10/30/0/30, and have been loving it. I may not have the clone generation, but I do have better escape/positioning with +1 second in stealth. I am more going for the burst from Blurred Frenzy/Illusionary Leap/Mirror Images + Shatter.
It may not be as good for PvE/Dungeons because of less clones, but I find the time I spend in stealth avoiding damage and re-positioning in WvW helps.

I initially wanted to try this build as I already used the Rune of Lyssa and have been trying to find better ways to utilize the buffs and condition removal (which have saved me countless times with Mass Invisibility).

I’m not saying it’s a better build, it’s just a variation that suits my style better. (close range burst->escape->ranged damage/defense->repeat)

(edited by Striefer.5130)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

I fought a d/d ele – thief duo last night and it was just… insane. But a mesmer/thief/d-d trio… I don’t want to thing about it O.O !

Great video again ! I tried your build but I think I need a little more toughness (I’m still using my berserker weapons, I’m too broke to buy anything else and too lazy to run AC or fractals for the rings. But I noticed wvw weapons had pvt stats as well ( but horrible skins… meh). I just need more tokens !).

And I will use Master of Manipulation for sure now ! 6 sec on blink is just amazing. I was using the 3% less dmg/clones, but being able to blink out of a tough fight > dmg reduction.

Can’t wait to try this now ! Thank you Seven

VoxL, NSPPT

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

Striefer, try dropping ten from illusions to keep deceptive evasion, having three stealths negates needing self shatter for daze/distortion. You can dodge in stealth to make more clones without breaking stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Striefer.5130

Striefer.5130

My only concern is if I will miss the extra shatter bust from Illusionary Persona. I’ll have to test it out tonight.

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

My only concern is if I will miss the extra shatter bust from Illusionary Persona. I’ll have to test it out tonight.

Deceptive Evasion > Illusionary Persona in my opinion. I take both but if you really want 30 points in Chaos, then dropping IP would be my first choice.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]

in Mesmer

Xavi.6591

Seven, are your weapons the Invader ones from wvw?

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

Deceptive Evasion > Illusionary Persona in my opinion. I take both but if you really want 30 points in Chaos, then dropping IP would be my first choice.

I agree 100% with you, Xavi. Taking away Illusionary Persona is going to drop our burst, so you will need a reliable clone generation tactic. If not you will be waiting on cooldown’s for clones… Though, different strokes for different folks.

I use the AC weapons btw, sir.

7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

I use the AC weapons btw, sir.

Noob question, but what are AC Weapons? Do they come from a particular dungeon? Just asking, as I don’t do PVE, am here to PVP and melt faces.

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

Noob question, but what are AC Weapons? Do they come from a particular dungeon? Just asking, as I don’t do PVE, am here to PVP and melt faces.

You get them with tokens earned in dungeons. AC=Ascalonian Catacombs. You can find the dungeon merchants in Lion’s Arch next to where the WvW portals are.

in Mesmer

Marsares.2053

You get them with tokens earned in dungeons. AC=Ascalonian Catacombs. You can find the dungeon merchants in Lion’s Arch next to where the WvW portals are.

Ah, thank you so much. I assumed it was a dungeon, but wasn’t sure which one he was referring to. Given that I don’t do PVE, I’ll see if I can get some weapons with similar stats as I’m keen to have a go at this spec, after having run Shattercat and Condition Bunker for some time.

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

AC is the easiest dungeon and a group that knows the dungeon can run thru it quite quickly.

in Mesmer

Marsares.2053

AC is the easiest dungeon and a group that knows the dungeon can run thru it quite quickly.

So I’ve been told, but I just despise PvE with a vengeance and have limited gaming time. No worries, had enough WvW badges to buy equivalent WvW weapons. Thanks again. ;-)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Monztor.9207

Monztor.9207

Just watched your latest video and checked out your traits and must say that survivability is so high. When I’m not running the shattercat build, Ive been toying around with a high survivability build with almost the same trait set mainly focusing on Prismatic Understanding + Deceptive Evasion. I love to be able to stealth to drop targeting and then make a clone or two pop up out of no where to confuse my opponent and unstealth out of sight to assess the situation.

I’ve been working with soldier gear w/centaur for this set, but now I think I may have to invest in knights after checking this out xD I would also like to ask, did you buy or farm/craft your own triforge pendant. Those cost quite a pretty penny

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arkonus.4318

Arkonus.4318

Hey Seven, learned a lot watching your videos. One question, in your “How to rally” video, do you remember how you rallied the first time? I saw you pull in skelks to rally after that, just couldn’t catch what you did the first time. Thanks in advance!

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

Monztor,

I feel you brother, I am running the same thing. It has brought up survivability to another level. The target breaking is a must for when you are badly outnumbered. The triforge pendant was purchased, not crafted.

Arkonus,

That’s awesome that you’ve picked up a thing or two. If I recall correctly, the first rally was completely un-expected and made me go “wtf…”

update – [01/14/13]

Here’s some more really close quarter skirmishes. I do a bit of weaving in and out back and forth, trying to find encounters where I am outnumbered a bit, to test my survivability. I went ahead and put in a bonus perk at the end of the video. Again, I hope this provides a small source of entertainment for those interested.

7mirror vids/builds

(edited by Grimms.9016)

in Mesmer

Marsares.2053

Emulated your build with WvW weapons and crafted and bought accessories and it gives pretty similar stats. It’s an hilarious build… such good survivability whilst still having hard hitting burst. You can do some silly stuff with it, like fighting big groups when you solo roam. May not kill people as easily as with Shattercat build, but the survivability is sooooo much better. Absolutely having a blast, so thanks for coming up with this build.

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

Emulated your build with WvW weapons and crafted and bought accessories and it gives pretty similar stats. It’s an hilarious build… such good survivability whilst still having hard hitting burst. You can do some silly stuff with it, like fighting big groups when you solo roam. May not kill people as easily as with Shattercat build, but the survivability is sooooo much better. Absolutely having a blast, so thanks for coming up with this build.

You are spot on. It’s crazy the number of people we can face and still come out victorious. Thank you for posting.

7mirror vids/builds