Seven Mirror - WvW Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

Grimms,

Looks like you are running Sceptre/Sword in your latest video (AMAZING btw)

I am just returning after several (5 or more) months off and picking up and dusting off my lvl 80 Mes.

Can you post your build for Sceptre/Sword-Staff? I didn’t see it on the front page.

Seven has stated in previous posts that he usually posts a build after he’s done playing with it. Great method in my mind, can’t give away ALL your tricks!

Now with that in mind, he also said that he’d be releasing the build pretty soon, so stay tuned.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Posted by: PandaBear.7510

PandaBear.7510

@Grimms

What build do you/would you run in tPvP or 1v1?

Also, on your current WvW build that has 20k vit, 3.1k armor and 87% crit damage, what is your crit chance at?

This was asked and answered already, I think:

I shoot for a 30% crit chance, it seems to work out good for me. Couple that with fury, a 5% increase with accuracy sigil, and of course a 20% phantasmal fury trait, and we are in pretty good shape. I can get my crit damage up to 95% with food and still maintain 3.1k armour with a 19-20k base health. The ascended gear is needed for this, with upgraded infusion slots (all tough).

Yes, that does answer my question. Thank you. Dunno how I missed that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

With the torch now working with prismatic understanding are we going to see a return to classic Seven torch build?

Pretty sure he said to someone asking the same question that it was same build as the power pistol one except taking the sword cd trait instead of the pistol trait.

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: kpoc.1324

kpoc.1324

Nope. Torch build is quite a bit different. 30 into chaos for prismatic understanding granting longer stealth and boons on stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

Ok apparently I somehow quoted the wrong post. Was supposed to quote this one, sorry kpoc lol

Grimms,

Looks like you are running Sceptre/Sword in your latest video (AMAZING btw)

I am just returning after several (5 or more) months off and picking up and dusting off my lvl 80 Mes.

Can you post your build for Sceptre/Sword-Staff? I didn’t see it on the front page.

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: torridstoic.7492

torridstoic.7492

Seven:

I finally got my mesmer into WvW this last week. It’s a very unique class to play, and I’ve been adjusting to it slowly, but it’s a lot of fun. I’ve run into you in a few smaller group settings and thoroughly enjoyed the encounters, especially that 3v3 a couple nights ago just north of the center island on one of the borderlands (your guild’s asura bunker engi was hell to bring down). Our duel tonight I enjoyed much less. Though I did get exactly what I’d expect with the massive difference in our experience levels, and it made my shortcomings even clearer (especially positioning, and blink+invis use). On a selfish note, it’s too bad we’re not keeping this wvwvw matchup a while longer so I could come back and find you again in another week or two when I’m hopefully a little less scrubby.

The main reason I’m posting, though, is to seek your opinion on the difference between mainhand sword and scepter. Right now, I’m thinking sword has an edge in raw damage and gives that nice invuln, but scepter really allows mesmers to utilize their mobility and clones much more effectively (plus, dat confu). I hardly ever see a mesmer running mainhand sword. You’ve said that any class with any build can dominate in the right hands, which I love and agree with, and I know you’ve used it in the past, but do you really think sword can approach the advantages of a scepter? I am not going to give up my blade, but I am trying to get a view of how high the hill I need to climb is.

~DH [IMP]

At The Vanguard.
Golemhaven [Van] – mesmer | guardian

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I would argue more mesmers run MH sword than scepter.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: lujate.5432

lujate.5432

I agree, i can’t remember the last time i saw a Mesmer using Scepter.

OP, any chance of getting your vids unlocked for mobile?

“Queen of Cheese Builds”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lowenhigh.1695

Lowenhigh.1695

Seven, is there ever any reason for me to stack precision without stacking too much crit damage %?

I’m using full rabid and am thinking I may want to get cavalier accessories, amulet, rings to go along with my scepter/sword and staff. I have a GS with the chance on crit to bleed that I swap in, and of course a focus that I swap in sometimes for hoofing it around faster.

Have you played with similar gear and playstyle? I’m unsure of the ascended pieces, which is why I’m asking you — Cavalier? Carrion? Zerker? Knight’s? What do you think would supplement that build/playstyle best? I actually play a lot like your most recent 2 videos.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Grimms.9016

Grimms.9016

update – [06/08/13]

Some game play with a pistol off hand, and focus off hand.

Seven Mirror [KING] – Sorrow’s Furnace
7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

update – [06/08/13]

Some game play with a pistol off hand, and focus off hand.

Hey seven have you tried a 100% protection uptime build? In pvp its not so great because of the issue with protection duration runes being decreased by 5% but in pve wvw you can get 100% uptime with prismatic understanding :P

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

jp,

Wowsa! No I haven’t looked into it, have you been messing with it? How much are you sacrificing to get it.

7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: jportell.2197

jportell.2197

jp,

Wowsa! No I haven’t looked into it, have you been messing with it? How much are you sacrificing to get it.

Well you already run PU right? The trait spread looks like this

0/20/30/15/5.
If you are solo then run signet of midnight if in a group run signet of inspiration and eat cherry omnomberry bars I think (20% boon duration food) 2x runes of earth/2x runes of the grove and 2x runes of water/monk… You can keep all your trinkets the same.

I don’t think you would sacrifice much in power depends on what your runes are…

Johnny The Gray
GASM’s Bunker Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Skid.4051

Skid.4051

Hey Seven, great new video. I’ve been having problems with groups of rangers lately so that build looks perfect. I know what I’ll be trying this week!

-Skid

Willy Winkydome – Candy Cane Warrior
Skidana – Blonde Norn Mesmer
[PD] Perfect Dark – Darkhaven

in Mesmer

Posted by: kevin.2501

kevin.2501

Hey seven mirror i love ur builds and id like to try ur new one out! Although it seems different from the other builds, i cant find it! Culd u pls post ur build for a new mesmer?:D thanks for ur time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Love the new video with slo-mo, awesome stuff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: dovrak.4376

dovrak.4376

WvW pvp quality is quite amazing…

in Mesmer

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

Yet another great video, Seven. Love the weapon set variety with each video.

Been toying around with some of your builds/play style to great effect. Just wish I had enough skill to fight heavily outnumbered like that without a staff!

\WE ARE NOT WORTHY\

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

(edited by cyyrix.6105)

in Mesmer

Posted by: thelma.9824

thelma.9824

Ty for all your videos and especially those with some slo-mo and commentary – makes it easier to follow your thought process. I’ve been fighting in wvw quite a few months already but after I tried your builds I really got addicted to wvw.. I’m using staff and scepter/sword right now.

Fighting without a staff though, not sure if I am able to do that yet – or am I? It sure looks like a lot of fun with focus. . What do you think about the fact that you can’t teleport away from your enemy since spamming staff #2 is not available?

Keep up the great work, Seven. I’m checking your channel almost daily

Norn mesmer
Jam Death [Jd]

(edited by thelma.9824)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lanny.6987

Lanny.6987

Grimms detailed his scepter/sword + sword/focus build in the last SOAC: Mesmerized. At a guess it’s the scepter/sword + staff gear and 10/10/30/15/5 (I know the traits are correct because that’s what he said in the podcast). Improved phantasm damage, Increased Manipulation Range, Prismatic Understanding, rest as before. The podcast is worth a listen if only to hear Grimms get a huge lightbulb over his head at one point on the use of a utility. I won’t spoil which (go listen!) but predict a video at some point showcasing it.

@thelma – Use of staff is replaced (or augmented if you can break agro and switch to it) by increased range on blink. Invis – blink – run like hell to drop agro.

I think everything above is a correct understanding from the podcast but “reader beware”.

in Mesmer

Zumi.6384

Grimms detailed his scepter/sword + sword/focus build in the last SOAC: Mesmerized. At a guess it’s the scepter/sword + staff gear and 10/10/30/15/5 (I know the traits are correct because that’s what he said in the podcast). Improved phantasm damage, Increased Manipulation Range, Prismatic Understanding, rest as before. The podcast is worth a listen if only to hear Grimms get a huge lightbulb over his head at one point on the use of a utility. I won’t spoil which (go listen!) but predict a video at some point showcasing it.

@thelma – Use of staff is replaced (or augmented if you can break agro and switch to it) by increased range on blink. Invis – blink – run like hell to drop agro.

I think everything above is a correct understanding from the podcast but “reader beware”.

I just re-listened to the whole podcast, and I’m not sure which utility you’re talking about? I don’t want to spoil it either so I’ll leave it there, but I’m not sure what you’re referring to.

Your summary of his build is right on though. I’m running a pretty similar setup, but instead of putting the extra 10 in Chaos for PU, I put it in Dueling so I can have both II and IV. I really feel like it rounds out the build between a huge amount of defense and a really good amount of damage from phantasms.

I will say though that I ran with increased blink range for a while and it’s really hard to let go of once you’re used to it. It’s such a huge lifesaver!

Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Grimms.9016

Hey gang,

First of all I want to thank everyone that has supported me and shown interest in my play style, builds, and videos. I’m here only to entertain (and maybe even inspire) other’s who see Guild Wars 2 in the same light as I have.

I am leaving the game. It has been a great ride, and I have nothing but respect and love for Guild Wars 2 and everything that they have offered (and that they have in store for the future).

This is my MO as a gamer, I come, I leave a mark (hopefully), then I move on. I’m not sure where my next gaming venture will be (Most likely ESO) but I will be sure to bring my fast reaction play-style and A-game! Arena-Net has developed an amazing platform that I hope reaches far into the future of gaming.

And to my fellow mesmers… My amigo’s. Feel free to expand on, copy, improve on my build’s and take mesmer gaming to levels that I could only dream of. It’s been a great ride guys. I want to thank you all for following me every step of my journey here. To all the people that faced me in duels, to everyone I helped, to everyone I kitten ed off, and to you, the mesmer that just happened to stumble upon this thread many moons from now… Show your enemies how to mesmer. Show them heart. Show them Skill. Make me a believer. Love you all.

“I’ll will see you again. But not yet… not yet.”

-Seven Mirror

7mirror vids/builds

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Sad to see such an inspiring player go. Thanks for all your contributions. Certainly hope to see you around these parts again! Peace

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

One hell of a shame to see you go Grimms, your absence will definitely be noticed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: I Monk For L O V E.7528

I Monk For L O V E.7528

God kitten it Seven, come back to me, i already miss you.

None Shall Pass – Level 80 Guardian
No Yaks Shall Pass – Level 80 Thief
Sorrows Furnace – Special Tactics Assault Recon[StaR]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

My favourite Mesmer, most of my builds are built around Seven’s.

/sadpanda

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Posted by: DrixTrix.7168

DrixTrix.7168

always shame to see a good contributor go however looks like i will see you in ESO, ill be playing both but latley i have had higher hopes for ESO than i first thought (being a lifelong TES fan)

take care any who fellow mesmer! and thanks for all the help/fun/inspiration.

question: does your tube channel stay the same through out your adventures or does that also change?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

Hey gang,

First of all I want to thank everyone that has supported me and shown interest in my play style, builds, and videos. I’m here only to entertain (and maybe even inspire) other’s who see Guild Wars 2 in the same light as I have.

I am leaving the game. It has been a great ride, and I have nothing but respect and love for Guild Wars 2 and everything that they have offered (and that they have in store for the future).

This is my MO as a gamer, I come, I leave a mark (hopefully), then I move on. I’m not sure where my next gaming venture will be (Most likely ESO) but I will be sure to bring my fast reaction play-style and A-game! Arena-Net has developed an amazing platform that I hope reaches far into the future of gaming.

And to my fellow mesmers… My amigo’s. Feel free to expand on, copy, improve on my build’s and take mesmer gaming to levels that I could only dream of. It’s been a great ride guys. I want to thank you all for following me every step of my journey here. To all the people that faced me in duels, to everyone I helped, to everyone I kitten ed off, and to you, the mesmer that just happened to stumble upon this thread many moons from now… Show your enemies how to mesmer. Show them heart. Show them Skill. Make me a believer. Love you all.

-Seven Mirror

Real talk, you will be missed my man. You’re an amazing player and a hella down to earth guy. The few times I messaged you, you were always pleasant and respectful and were willing to debate and go over all things Mesmer. Between you, Pyro, Osi, and a few others all Mesmers who visit these forums have come away with so much knowledge. I wish you nothing but the best in life and future games. Hopefully I will see you in Camelot Unchained! :-)

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

Heya, Seven Mirror.

Sorry to see you go, (but I love watching you walk away, baby!) I can sincerely say that your videos changed how I play the game. Thank you for being an inspiration, and for sharing that sexy, sexy voice with us.

Best wishes in your endeavors. You’ll be missed! <3

Crystal Desert

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

You will be remembered in this game. What you have brought to all of mesmers is priceless.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Posted by: Giest.1809

Giest.1809

First I want to say thanks for all of your help and inspiration – secondly man….this has really ruined my day … come on man…. dont leave… seriously…

in Mesmer

Zumi.6384

Terrible timing Seven, they just announced ESO is going to be on consoles too.

http://elderscrollsonline.com/en/news/post/2013/06/10/eso-on-next-gen-consoles-and-new-gameplay-trailer

They’ve pushed back the release date to “Spring 2014” as a result. Maybe I’m just being cynical but I’m not too excited about it anymore. I’ll probably end up just sticking with GW2 now.

Tarnished Coast [Crit]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Ah kitten .

Despite playing GW2 since release, I’m somewhat of a newcomer here (having been preoccupied for months with ME3 multiplayer), so I’ve only recently started watching your videos and properly getting into this game.

Your builds and playstyle have been an inspiration – the stealth, toughness and relaxed gameplay, and I look forward to seeing what you manage to achieve with ESO if you decide to get into that. Cheers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: melodey.4652

melodey.4652

;__;

Thank you Seven for everything. Four weeks fighting you doesn’t feel like enough time. Thank you for inspiring hours of tinkering with my mesmer, getting my roaming feet under me, and our convos and your generosity. You have changed the way a lot of people play on my server, and we owe you a lot.

much love.

~fallyse

Yak Slappin’ Bunker- roamin n stuffs [PD] [Duck]
all classes 80, who is the cheesiest of them all?
gw2 dress-up barbie is the real endgame

in Mesmer

Posted by: frankylovechild.8623

frankylovechild.8623

I am sad to see you go from this forum and from your server SF! You will be missed.

Violah |CoSA| Sorrows Furnace

in Mesmer

Posted by: torridstoic.7492

torridstoic.7492

Well, kitten. I was really hoping to get a chance to spar with you later this week and see if I’ve managed to improve at all.
Thank you for the insight and explanations in this thread and your vids. This class is not in my normal wheelhouse, but once I got a foothold it became a lot of fun to mes around with.

At The Vanguard.
Golemhaven [Van] – mesmer | guardian

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stal.8754

Stal.8754

Hey buddy, not sure if you’ll get round to reading these comments or not, but just wanted to give a big respect and thank you for all that you have done for the mesmer community.

I’ve always enjoyed playing my mesmer, but it was only until I watched your videos that I realised I hadnt quite “got it”. Everything then kinda clicked, and I understood how to get into peoples heads, never to be afraid of being outnumbered, and generally how to “mesmer” :-)

I think I speak for all when I say you’ve definately left a mark here with other mesmers (and those you’ve faced in WvW!)

So, go forth, raise a beer to your purple comrades, and good luck in your next venture, whatever that may be.

Keep fighting the good fight.

Stal out!

(Stal – Ring of Fire – UK).

Naazimber – Mesmer – Ring of Fire [EU]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Manoa.5897

Manoa.5897

It is most depressing to hear you will be leaving the game Seven. You are an amazing player with awesome builds and your departure from the game is a huge loss for GW2. Thank you for all that you’ve given to the mesmer community (your builds helped inspire my own mesmer’s shiny new build, which works qutie well in PvE and WvW) and the SF WvW community. You will be sorely missed. Hoping you’ll at least drop in from time to time to say hello to your SF folk and keep us up to date on how things are going with you. Don’t be a stranger!

Chaos Spatulai [Chef] | Paragon City Elite [PCE]
Henge of Denravi

(edited by Manoa.5897)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Cantur Soulfyre.5409

Thanks for the great WvW action Seven Mirror and for everything you have done our server. We will miss you, have fun with whatever you do next!

Cantar Soulfyre-Norn W|Canter Soulfyre-Human G|Cantirus Foghorn – Charr R
Born and raised in Sorrow’s Furnace – WvWvWest Coast Squad
“All hail the mighty Flame Ram!!!” – said by Someone Somewhere at Sometime

in Mesmer

Posted by: King Amadaeus.8619

King Amadaeus.8619

Great guy, great mesmer, not sure how many times he tagged up as a commander…But the times I saw him do it people listened and we were successful. I believe that speaks to the level of respect he had.

When I was on ET, 7 was the one that inspired me to continue on with my mesmer, I was just about ready to delete it one day and someone said: Hey that KING Mesmer from SF is owning people again, I went and became fodder in your pain train that day my friend and from that point on I knew Mesmer was the way to go. I eventually transferred to SF and probably have played my Mesmer more than any of my other toons.

Mag Server Leader

in Mesmer

Posted by: PookieDaWombat.6209

PookieDaWombat.6209

I never got to play much with you in WvW, but remember seeing you in action once and was fairly impressed. Sorry to see you go, but I hope to learn as much as I can from your vids for my mez so she will be ready for WvW. Until then, my other alts will have to do. Here’s to hoping you grace us again in GW2 sometime in the future.

[OTR] – Greck Howlbane – Guardian
Soraya Mayhew – Thief
Melissa Koris – Engie – SF for Life!

in Mesmer

Posted by: LordKael.7260

LordKael.7260

Seven
It’s been fun runnin with ya in WvW and I’m sad to see a living legend leaving the game. You’ve left some big shoes to fill haha. Good luck on your next venture and maybe pay us a visit in mumble some time, particularly during those weekend evening hours

Keep on killin people with your stuffs :>

Lord Kael – Guardian
Seventh Legion [VII]

in Mesmer

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

wow. very sorry to see you go, man. my first character was a mesmer, but she only made it to 16th level and i shelved her. she felt very weak, and i wasn’t having fun. 2 other level 80 characters and 5 months later your vids and builds inspired me to go back to her and try again. she’s now 57 and flying thru the levels, and i’m having enough of a blast with her that i’m actually (someone kick me, please, i can’t believe i’m gonna admit this) thinking of getting a SECOND commander tag... O.o

anyways... have fun wherever you do decide to go, and maybe we will cross paths again.

/salute

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in Mesmer

Posted by: iBlasiannn.4279

iBlasiannn.4279

This thread should be stickied

Februaryy – That one thief on Blackgate
Januarry – I play Ele sometimes because I hate my existence
[oPP] – Over Powered People

in Mesmer

Posted by: katz.8376

katz.8376

heck yes it should.

i vote for sticky-fication! who seconds?

Druids of Dhuum [DoD]|Rally Bait [RALY]
~o hai there :D~ LONG LIVE ET

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

Hey gang,

-Seven Mirror

April 1st was two months ago dude….

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kilo November.4268

Kilo November.4268

Well, you definitely inspired me to take the plunge I’ve been thinking about doing for a while and taking my Mesmer into more PvP. Sucks to see you go right after I decided to do it though.

It’s a tough go being new at PvP. I get absolutely rocked most of the time, just gotta suck up the repair bill and focus on getting better though.

Good luck wherever you end up.

Brofist Maximus
[RISE]
Gate of Madness

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jossa.8301

Jossa.8301

Could someone post the current build he is using?
I know someone vaguely outlined the traits he was using and the weapons, but I need more detail!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Some unfortunate news, Seven. Fact is, I was hopin to square off against you again.
Guess I’ll just have to sic the butterflies on other folk, then

In seriousness, though – good luck in your next venture.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Omnitek.3876

Omnitek.3876

one of the more entertaining players to watch. Will be missed.

A L T S
Skritt Happens