Shatter Location - Detailed Mechanics?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mongo.2490

Mongo.2490

Does anyone know the specifics on what happens with each illusion when you use a shatter skill?

It looks like each illusion will run to the location that the enemy was at when you activated the shatter instead of actually running up to them before self-detonating, but it’s hard to tell.

Often on moving enemies it seems like they do this, but it could just be them stopping to explode and they lag behind.

Also, I’ve noticed a couple times, my phantasm (duelist, specifically) will simply shatter at its current location without moving at all.

Can anyone speak to how these mechanics function (or are supposed to function), specifically?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kordos.3629

Kordos.3629

I’d love to hear some thoughts on this as well.

In my anecdotal experience (Staff/Sword/Sword), I frequently observe my clones (and phantasms) running in pursuit of their shatter target; if the target is mobile, the clones can effectively be kited and delayed from shattering.

What I’m not clear about is whether those clones will be overwritten if I generate new clones in that window between when the shatter was issued and when the clones actually reach their target and trigger the shatter animation.

I also believe there might be a delay between when HUD text (damage numbers etc.) pops and when the shatter animation occurs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BossFi.6917

BossFi.6917

What I’m not clear about is whether those clones will be overwritten if I generate new clones in that window between when the shatter was issued and when the clones actually reach their target and trigger the shatter animation.

I was going to say if you generate new clones just after shattering before they have shattered you will have additional clones on screen before the others have shattered. I’ve seen 6 clones on screen in a fight when I shattered then used Decoy and Mirror Images.

Now I just tested this in HOTM and it seems the above works as I said but sometimes it doesnt and you dont get any new clones. A bug or maybe its the timing of using decoy/mirror images/dodging too early?

I also noticed that if you dodge to generate new clones, the clone takes the closest target, not your current target. That must be the reason why my shatter sometimes runs to a npc I have never targetted and not my player target in WvW.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Winds.3087

Winds.3087

Also, I’ve noticed a couple times, my phantasm (duelist, specifically) will simply shatter at its current location without moving at all.

I believe they do this when they can’t reach target’s location.

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

if your target stealths after you shatter, then the illusiosn will run to the last known location of your target and shatter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

If you target is visible, the clones will run the straightest route to the enemy and shatter at its location. If your target moves, the clones will follow for a certain amount of time/for a certain distance, and if they don’t reach your target, they will just shatter when the time ends/they have moved the certain distance.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)