Shatter vs Interrupt in Solo Queue

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

Hi awesome mesmer community,
Right now i’m pushing towards my Champion Illusionist title (100 wins atm) and i’m switching often between this 2 builds:
Interrupt Build
Shatter Build

I would like to hear suggestions and opinions about wich one is better in the jungle of solo queue, and how you would change my builds to be more effective (runes and sigil hints are HIGHLY APPRECIATED)
My biggest doubt is always between Greatsword and Staff, while i cant go out without a sword in main hand (i’ve made a Bolt too so i’m not gonna change that O.O) the double hand weapons are so on par but different at the same time that i struggle to find wich one is the best for me.
QUESTIONS:
1) Staff or greatsword? Why?
2) Traveller Runes worth it in pvp?
3) Sigils? (i used strenght runes and battle/energy on both weapons 99% of the time in both builds)
4) Best condi removal for you? (i’m goin for null field right now thanks to the aoe area, giving it an enormous support potential in team fights)
5) Is it mandatory to dress in pink or i can change colors?

Thanks a lot for the feedbacks ^^

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magnito.6187

Magnito.6187

I wouldn’t drop staff nor greatsword as a shatter mesmer tbh, it’s just the most effective…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mijo.3274

Mijo.3274

I wouldn’t drop staff nor greatsword as a shatter mesmer tbh, it’s just the most effective…

Hey Magnito thx for that, but i tried the now popular Helseth build and it’s not my playstyle, my dmg output is lower if i cant setup a mind wrack with the classic immobilize + blurred frenzy combo, and i’m not good at positioning illusions in the triangle scheme.
BTW what sigil and runes you suggest?

Champion magus, 4 builds i use
R.I.P. my beloved Meh-Mer, the most hated class by ANET itself.
Winner of the first HxH 1v1 tournament! WOOT!

in Mesmer

Magnito.6187

Double sigil of energy is a total must in my opinion.
for the others take fire/lightning. I most likeley take fire for the aoe.

For the runes I like to run with runes of the traveler. Most shatter mesmers use runes of strenght. But kitten that 25% extra movement speed is so usefull, you can use your portal and blinks for movement, but I don’t like to blow those cooldowns. I feel like my damage output is still enough with the traveler runes imo

about the positioning and such, it takes practice, de staff is very defensive as the greatsword is rather high dps if you tempt to use the blink shatter combo (instead of your blurred frenzy) it hits like a truck and it’s very effective The staff also gives you some condipressure and the greatsword gets you an interrupt and even a cripple in case your target tries to run away. I’d say don’t give up the practice on the double range, it’s much fun

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

“Which build is better” is kind of a misleading questions since what matters more is which build you perform better with. On average, I’d say most people do better with shatter.

As for the lockdown build, you’re reallyy gonna want Deceptive Evasion to enable you to set up chain dazes with Diversion [F3]. Runes and sigils theres a lot of options, but I’ll link this thread which has a bunch more info on the subject: https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Lockdown-help-more-videos/first#post4121332

1) Both are good. I prefer staff to offset the glassiness and for the AoE control Chaos Storm provides. Warlock also hits more often in a lockdown build.

2) Sure, why not?

3) answered in link

4) answered in link

5) No. Purple is mandatory.

in Mesmer

Magnito.6187

About the colours, I’m whitish + blueish, much fun