Should GS3 be...

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Neomir.7493

Neomir.7493

… a blast finisher? The ability is often considered lacklustre, but compliments the GS skillset very well. The weapon easily manages to fill a role of long range burst aoe, making it a ‘go to’ choice for many WvW mesmers. Would making Mind Stab a combo finisher: blast be so OP? It would add more synergy to the class and others around it, and ofcourse help out in those water fields.

A major gripe of the communities is that you are immobile while casting a slightly delayed ability. The devs would see the trade off of targetted aoe damage with a boonstrip as potentially balanced. I often have no problem landing this ability and that is not what I’m calling into question in this thread. The added blast finisher would be invaluable to WvW while also making an otherwise repetitive weapon have more tactical choices; to use it for damage, or buffs (preferably both).

I could see it being problematic in smallscale combat and spvp as it would effectively give a gs/staff build an extra chaos armour making for a potential of 3 or even 4, and this is already one of the best in-combat buffs in the game.

Thoughts?

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: LegatusLeaf.5934

LegatusLeaf.5934

For me, the issue isn’t so much “is it too weak.” My view is there is no good reason for it to be ground targeted. Most of the time we get ground targeted abilities because there are reasons we might want to play with where the AoE lands. However, GS3’s aoe isn’t really big enough to warrant that mechanic, and it feels like it is only there to make the power more difficult to use. It doesn’t even have the “good for me, bad for you” that many of the other Mesmer AoE powers have.

If the power was easy to use but weak, we’d be using it. However, it’s somewhat inconvenient and lack luster, so it is often overlooked.

(edited by LegatusLeaf.5934)

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I agree with Legatus. I think it’s plenty strong, it just needs to centre under my current target and I’m happy.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

I would love to see it ground-targeted, non-rooting, blast finisher. That would greatly help me build might and area swiftness in WvW. Right now I just have to rely on the warrior, guardians, and thieves to might and swift me up.

RIP in peace Robert

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

You know, it’s kind of hard to move while sticking your sword into the ground.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nikked.7365

Nikked.7365

I agree. Just add a blast finisher and rooting is more than worth it. Chaos armor for everyone!

Jacked Jackal :: Norn Mesmer :: Giant and Fabulous
Dragonbrand

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osolo.7408

Osolo.7408

My biggest issue with this ability is its target area… its too small. It could be bigger and hit more mobs or maybe the sword comes out of the ground and shatters in a bigger area.

I really wish we had some decent aoe…

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

I vote for making it bigger, as well… something like an elementalist’s earth AoE abilities.

Or, make it a knockdown / stun. Then it would be worth it.

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ethics.4519

Ethics.4519

It’s also kinda hard to wield a big greatsword, jam it into the ground, and magically have the tip half break through the ground 900 whatever away. Yet, the game allows it, so why would reasoning dictate that you have to stop lol?

RIP in peace Robert

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Because it takes focused mind power to stab the GS into the ground. Hence the ‘stop running’ part.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fozzik.1742

Fozzik.1742

Running helps me think.

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osolo.7408

Osolo.7408

I am ok with the rooting of the ability if it was worth it.

I know if a giant purple sword came bursting out of the ground underneath my feet and stabbed me in the butt I would probably fall over for say… 2 secs? OR that sword may just cut me in two and it would over… just sayin.

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justin.7163

Justin.7163

The effect should knock foes into the air. That alone would make it useful (and funny!).

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Simonoly.4352

Simonoly.4352

Well as far as I tell, iBerserker is no longer a whirl finisher, so I think it’s about time that Mind Stab (or whatever its called later this month) becomes the blast finisher it was always meant to be. It would make it so much more viable without removing the self-root risk.

Gandara

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: SSalp.6423

SSalp.6423

I liked how it was in beta

Immotal Kingdom[KING] – Desolation

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dokyo.3685

Dokyo.3685

The effect should knock foes into the air. That alone would make it useful (and funny!).

lol, oh man if it did a knockback, like some of the hammer skills other classes have, I might actually use my GS again some.

Ketseras
Crystal Desert – Tonic [Lime]

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Justine.6351

Justine.6351

i used to hate this skill because i had to aim it (which really is weak on my part). Now that im used to it I can iberserker/power spike/mirror blade/power spike/mind stab/power spike things down in wvw stupidly fast. In that whole chain the only skill i have to even aim is mind stab. Really lets not dumb down the GS anymore then it is already.

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: wads.5730

wads.5730

they need to either make it be a blast finisher, or make it so the boon striped is transferred back to you.

that way if you hit the max 5 targets, you can potentially get 5 boons back.

the berserker is still a whirl finisher, I literally just saw it shoot off lightning bolts.

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

I am ok with the rooting of the ability if it was worth it.

I know if a giant purple sword came bursting out of the ground underneath my feet and stabbed me in the butt I would probably fall over for say… 2 secs? OR that sword may just cut me in two and it would over… just sayin.

One pixel effect, instadown. lololol

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

GS already has a whirl finisher (once this is fixed), also giving it a blast finisher (AoE chaos armor for most people) would indeed make it op.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

GS already has a whirl finisher (once this is fixed), also giving it a blast finisher (AoE chaos armor for most people) would indeed make it op.

Considering that you’re rooted, have to aim and everyone you want to give chaos armor to has to be in an ethereal field, I don’t see how it would be overpowered. Even if it was, how it is more powerfeul than an ele whom can simply trait themselves to give their auras to teammates with the press of one button. They don’t even have to be rooted for that.

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

The finish from GS4 disappeared from both the skill and the tooltip. Seems unlikely both teams would pull the same blunder unless it’s intentional. It’s entirely possible this was done to make room for a finisher on GS3 later this month.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

Should GS3 be...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

Take away the self root and I’d be happy. That’s by far the worst part.