So How do u feel Patch notes?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kilauea.4217

Kilauea.4217

Berserker is still broken but there were some nice improvements.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vendris.4201

Vendris.4201

Yeah. It appears to be broken in a slightly different way – which is why I thought it was fixed at first

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

Berserker broken still. Illusions still getting 1 shotted by npc’s. Tested in HoM. Duelist doing around the same output as it used to.

Illusionary membrane can now only give mesmers 3 seconds of protection once every 15 seconds – as if it was an issue before….

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Wow shatter strength so powerful now that running anything but a shatter build in pve is a completely stupid. 172 damage per bleed -.- hellllll yeah

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

I see people in here talking about nice improvements. Don’t be mistaken, Phatasms do the same damage they did before. They just fixed the tooltips. In other words, shatter builds are still king because our Phantasms don’t do that good damage.

iZerker is still crippled from that first nerf and they are still bugged on top of that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Wow shatter strength so powerful now that running anything but a shatter build in pve is a completely stupid. 172 damage per bleed -.- hellllll yeah

Did they buff Mind Wrack damage or something?

in Mesmer

Nuka Cola.8520

dunno i’m on a confusion build right now and with 25 stacks of might confusion is seriously destroying lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

I see people in here talking about nice improvements. Don’t be mistaken, Phatasms do the same damage they did before. They just fixed the tooltips. In other words, shatter builds are still king because our Phantasms don’t do that good damage.

iZerker is still crippled from that first nerf and they are still bugged on top of that.

you act like that should be a suprise tbh every patch we get thier is always a bug that follows get used to it ur playing GW2 lol as for ur statement thier was nice improvements and thats everything else besides the phantasms kinda knew thier wasnt really buffs just fixes and still no fixes but besides that everything else im kind of enjoying right now especially signet of inspiration <3 never taking it off in pve xD

in Mesmer

Nuka Cola.8520

btw i just spent like 5 minutes spamming zerker and it never happened that he didn’t hit at all BUT it happened to me LOTS OF TIMES that iZerker hits only once, talk about amazing patched zerker……………………………………………

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

dunno i’m on a confusion build right now and with 25 stacks of might confusion is seriously destroying lol

I heared confusion ownz bootie in WvW x.x i cant wait till im 80 lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Yeah. It appears to be broken in a slightly different way – which is why I thought it was fixed at first

Whats the problem? I haven’t noticed anything so far.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

Shame it sucks in PvP. Cause atm mesmer only have 1 decent build in PvP and everybody and their dog has learn how to counter it. Shatter build – that is all. Anet has spoken.

I find it highly telling that nearly every class was buffed significantly except mesmer which only had some minor adjustments to fix us.

Might with shatter build is nice, but as much as I like this adjustment it doesn’t help.

Shatter build is the only thing that works in pvp. If somebody else knows something else that currently works in pvp please feel free to let me know.

Make no mistake though. Any buffs/fixes mesmer got is relative to the other classes. Therefore we have once again been left behind.

(edited by Wise.8025)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Shattered Strength (25 in Illusions) now gives 3 stacks of might per shatter instead of 1.

Before, we were running around with 3-4 stacks of Might from that trait. Now it’s more like 9-12. Each stack is 35 power/condition damage, so the change is a significant increase in our kill speed.

I’ve also picked up Signet of Inspiration so I can share my 20 stack might-burst with all my group mates.

Mantras are also pretty cool now! 3.25s cast time for some great abilities… it’s making my Utility bar a bit more crowded!

Would love to see some love for condition-damage builds. I feel like GS and Power/Precision builds are stronger than ever but Staff and Scepter received little love.

in Mesmer

Nuka Cola.8520

Shame it sucks in PvP. Cause atm mesmer only have 1 decent build in PvP and everybody and their dog has learn how to counter it. Shatter build – that is all. Anet has spoken.

Are talking about Sword/pistol+Staff Mesmer #292984937852? Cuz when i run a condition shatter build the only counter i see people doing is 180* me and run away if they has speed boosts. I see so many people spamming attacks with like 9 stacks of confusion lol always funny.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

So basically all the phantasm damage is the same (except for iDuelist) and iZerker is still bugged with a nerfed low damage. Fantastic.

Lets not forget adding insult to injury with iZerkers new 100% miss bug on 2nd pass.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

Illusionary membrane nerfed.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

Posted by: gymdawg.6347

gymdawg.6347

Am I an idiot, or did the patch regarding spawning phantasms was implemented? Not the cast time, but whether blind and evading cancels a phantasm spawn. I swear if they don’t fix that, I’m going to lose it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Grave.4523

Grave.4523

The buffed one of the best specs (shatter/ipersona) pretty significantly, and with zerker damage (at least on the first swing through) back the burst aoe you can push out is insane.

in Mesmer

NeuroMuse.1763

Illusionary membrane nerfed.

I’m busy nerd raging over this one hardcore this destroyed my tanking build. No more near-permanent protection /cry… not that I can’t understand the nerf but 15 sec internal cooldown is going overboard

in Mesmer

Posted by: Deviija.7869

Deviija.7869

It is a fair and reasonable tweak to portals. HOWEVER, this is what should have been done first, before the increase in cooldown. Put cooldown back the way it was. In fact, I think it’s fair that 10ish people through a portal is a decent limit. (That is ten people using it, not ten uses by three people.) You just get more Mesmers to teleport more people, if it is needed, in WvW.

The speed buffs/additions make me disappointed. We’re still relying on speed through a specific weapon rather than speed/movement from a utility like the majority of other classes. Signet of Inspiration? The chances to get that particular buff is too random. Swiftness is needed when it’s needed, not random. I still find that any swiftness less than 15-20 seconds is difficult to deal with in PvE maps and WvW, because when you run by mobs or a player and just one attack that hits you puts you into slowdown. 10-12 seconds of swiftness barely gets you away from anything when in combat slowdown. I might reconsider my dissatisfaction of 12 second swiftness if we got rid of combat slowdown. If you haven’t hit anyone in combat and have only been running, you should retain your full speed. If someone hits you, even if you’ve not engaged in combat with anything, you get into slowdown. And it doesn’t make much sense to me.

I’d still like for more diversity in traits and builds to be encouraged for Mesmer. As it is, shatter builds seem to be king. There is nothing wrong with the shatter builds and shatter angle, but I wish we would have some buffs/traits/balancing that makes other builds more tantalizing than they are right now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raven.4690

Raven.4690

Frankly they seem a little underwhelming when you look at some of the other classes. the passive speed buffs for the other classes ARE really nice where as ours is random or forces us to use the focus which we have to switch into.

80 Mesmer | 80 Engineer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

Found a stealth nerf. Illusionary Membrane only works every 15 seconds now, and even says so in the tooltip. Well, there goes my build.

Playable Tengu please!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Usagi.4835

Usagi.4835

I have to say, I’m placated. Though the speed buff isn’t ideal, I’m liking the slight increase on swiftness from Focus #4 as well as the fact that Signet of Inspiration’s passive now works out of combat. There’s always room for improvement, I guess, but tonight, I am a very happy mesmer.

But please take into account some of the legitimate concerns that some people have stated! I feel Portal’s cooldown should be dropped down to 60s since the cap is already somewhat limiting as it is.

Commander Chocolate Teapot | Prettier than you | Forum damsel in distress

in Mesmer

NeuroMuse.1763

Found a stealth nerf. Illusionary Membrane only works every 15 seconds now, and even says so in the tooltip. Well, there goes my build.

Yeah was great for a spvp bunker build combined with phantasm regen, tanking pve and farming but they destroyed it completely 15 second cooldown for the 3 second protection. I could understand a 5-10 second internal CD but 15 is really pushing it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esorono.1039

Esorono.1039

Yeah was great for a spvp bunker build combined with phantasm regen, tanking pve and farming but they destroyed it completely 15 second cooldown for the 3 second protection. I could understand a 5-10 second internal CD but 15 is really pushing it.

It was my favorite pvp build, and only one, and they killed it. It wasn’t even all that deadly since it could be countered by killing the duelist. >_<

Playable Tengu please!

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

I find it highly telling that nearly every class was buffed significantly except mesmer which only had some minor adjustments to fix us.

Might with shatter build is nice, but as much as I like this adjustment it doesn’t help.

Shatter build is the only thing that works in pvp. If somebody else knows something else that currently works in pvp please feel free to let me know.

Make no mistake though. Any buffs/fixes mesmer got is relative to the other classes. Therefore we have once again been left behind.

funny thing is i hate S/P cuz my FPS isnt as good as everyone elses xD so i run with GS/staff staying my tail right at ranged damage and i do alot.. of damage funny how im the last person everyone goes after but by the time they notice me thier pretty much eithier dead or. running away thats when u pop that izerker GOT YA! lol but i would like to try a condition build with mesmer in spvp as my own mesmer is not yet 80 but will be soon ive seen how much confusion hits in WvW and my god.. its crazyyy damage but why is it so low in spvp i really dont get that anyone know why>? i feel like the only condition that actually kills in spvp is bleeds.

(edited by Lordryux.9785)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

I sitting in chock reading the notes, this is sutch huge buff for the shatter cat spec that I cant realy grasp al synergies yet, A 5 time stronger vigour duration will give 100% upptime and that been the key to the spec defensive and ofensive gameplay, the might buff is 100% upptime buff and I have not dared to ask how many might stacks a full 2 × 3 clones shatter burst give, if its 3 /shatter its op 24 might for 10 sec, if its 3 / skill its still a huge buff compared to before, hit deversion and you get 9 stacks for 10 sec.

The staff clone buff will give room for so many portal and high ground usages, the duelist buff is just expected but again nice.

/Osicat

my guide:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/guide-WvWvW-Shatter-cat/page/7#post1002186

Latest guide vid

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

I sitting in chock reading the notes, this is sutch huge buff for the shatter cat spec that I cant realy grasp al synergies yet, A 5 time stronger vigour duration will give 100% upptime and that been the key to the spec defensive and ofensive gameplay, the might buff is 100% upptime buff and I have not dared to ask how many might stacks a full 2 × 3 clones shatter burst give, if its 3 /shatter its op 24 might for 10 sec, if its 3 / skill its still a huge buff compared to before, hit deversion and you get 9 stacks for 10 sec.

The staff clone buff will give room for so many portal and high ground usages, the duelist buff is just expected but again nice.

/Osicat

my guide:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/guide-WvWvW-Shatter-cat/page/7#post1002186

Latest guide vid

So far, it’s been 3 stacks per shatter, no matter how many clones you shatter, so long as you’re in combat. It’s stupid easy to maintain 12-16 stacks of Might with a GS solo.

Definitely having a MAJOR blast with a shatter-heavy spec at the moment. Solid damage from me, my phantasms, and my shatters. 16 stacks of Might paired with Signet of Inspiration is awesome. Mantra of Pain is a great filler for a solid 1000-1400 damage per use. Absolutely huge burst is helping me tear through mobs.

It feels a bit overpowered,to be honest. But as soon as I step on to an elementalist or guardian, I think “oh. my ‘overpowered’ is their ‘normal’.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: General Douchington.8497

General Douchington.8497

So, uh, no Scepter buff? Scepter autoattack and Pistol CD trait tooltip errors still there?

T-thanks, Arenanet…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mere Image.8376

Mere Image.8376

I think it was nice for them to TRY.

Honestly I’m a little surprised they made some progress, while a bit upset that they nerfed membrane. Less then a week ago I made a video about a bunker build used for fractals because our phantasms were unreliable…well now protection with membrane has a 15 second cool down which is quite frankly a bit much. Week after week I try making something different to adjust to the patches, while being somewhat unique. Guess its time to go back to shattering like the rest of the mesmer world.

Server: Ehmry Bay
Guild: Commanders of the Reborn Empire Nation [CORE]
Level 80 Professions: Mesmer, Warrior, Thief

(edited by Mere Image.8376)

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

So… ‘zerker is now broken on it’s second pass. Duelist supposedly got a buff. (I should have taken before/after numbers.) We got a nice stealth nerf with membrane. And we got more reliable swiftness in the form of a random boon and a 2 second increase on a seldom-used-in-combat weapon.

Nice quality mesmer patch.

(looks at warrior section)
Oh, look at all the buffs. How surprising.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mystiq Angelic.8193

Mystiq Angelic.8193

I would like to kindly ask everyone to make a post reply in the thread I created in Bugs forum regarding Phantasmal Berserker’s missing attacks.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/support/bugs/12-14-Phantasmal-Berserker-Missing-Attacks/first#post1002857

Please note: the missing attacks does occur in both of its initial and subsequent attacks on tested stationary golems.

Mesmer’s Phantasmal Berserker is still showing inconsistency with its attacks. It does not reliably lands 4 hits on tested stationary golems in Heart of the Mist. The missing attacks occur in both of its initial and subsequent attacks. As of the current state, it’s at a loss of 50-75% of its overall damage.

The Mesmer community is really looking forward to see this bug be fixed asap, since Nov 15th patch introduced this bug unintentionally.

“If you sacrifice nothing, you gain nothing”
GWAMM & CotG
[HERO] – Star Leader – Black Gate

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

The worse remains the “lock” of weapons and traits in tournaments.
Mesmer got hit pretty hard with this one, no more mobility betwen points except portal (which was nerfed not long time ago); no more smart tweaks dependiong on what you encounter (Null Field depending on the encounter etc…). Prestige bombing is impossible too now.

I feel like rerolling engineer, they have perma swiftness and stack mass bleeds/conditions.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: sinican.9250

sinican.9250

Apparently this is the reason I feel so squishy all of a sudden :/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

Other than tPvP bug (which I’m sure will be fixed fast)

Clones and phants put you into combat when they hit!

Better phant summon to attack time!

Reliable vulnerability on shatter!

Reliable might on shatter!

Reliable vigor on crit to pump out clones!

Phant Dmg normalized!

Other than a more reliable snare on swap and haven’t tested but I hope sword 3 Cooldown is lowered by Blade Training.

pretty much got what I wanted for winters day <3

Find it a little silly for tPvP lock out skills and weps when our swiftness comes from a uncommon signet and only one other weapon. (Not counting chaos storm)

One thing I find odd is the class philosophies statement… How do we share mobility with theifs? Blink? On a 30 sec C/D? Portal? Oh yay mobility which puts up back where we were before?

Idea: Swiftness on Diversion! Strait 10 seconds (not stacking with clones) usable with illusionary persona (cuz we don’t need phant builds running all over lol)

Or signet of midnight change passive to a mobility one. Or do ppl really care about boon duration in a mes? When we mostly get lots of short boons and the ones that matter for play reliability just got buffed?

Illusionary membrane – it sux to see it go but honestly… IMO- Phant builds are pretty dopey no trying in any 1v1 scinerio except for vs good theifs (and bad ones just run) “pop 3 phants than kite n afk while still doing pretty good Dmg”(when phants work) with perma protection kinda makes it just to easy to play. This just makes it a little bit more hard mode… Except now common bunker builds will suck.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

I can understand the frustration for tPvP and phantasm players who had illusionary membrane as a core in their spec, even if it was a bit op with constant protection a 15 sec cd is alot.

Still to claim the whole class mesmer patch is a nerf when al shatter mesmers just seen the biggest buff sens relese is not 100% correct. Its more another balance patch where aNet balancing mesmers by favour shatter spec.

If this is the correct way I leav others to discuss but its a fact that at same time phantasm spec get nerf after nerf shatter spec accualy get heavy buffs.

/Osicat

ps the tPvP bugg is prob fixed tomorow.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

Yeah.. shatter got a buff.. but not everyone enjoys that playstyle on a mesmer. One of the things about the class is the versitility in the way one could play one. But more and more it seems the devs are dumbing down that diversity that many of us like.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Garenthal.1480

Garenthal.1480

Yeah.. shatter got a buff.. but not everyone enjoys that playstyle on a mesmer. One of the things about the class is the versitility in the way one could play one. But more and more it seems the devs are dumbing down that diversity that many of us like.

Agreed, which is why I have ‘retired’ from the game for the past month or so. I still keep tabs on the mesmer situation from afar in order to see if things improve, though. At first, this game sucked me in largely due to how varied it promised to be. I was told I could build my character how I liked and most importantly, play him as I liked.

I fell in love with the mesmer profession, the mechanics and the ability to play a caster with a sword! Alas, despite the apparent lack of roles we tend to be seen and treated as the support class – leaving those of us who want something different to be alienated or expected to re-roll a warrior.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aazo.2841

Aazo.2841

I rolled a warrior.. boring.. I also have eng, ranger, and thief at 80.. thief is too easy, but eng is not bad. Ranger got some love but not sure how well they did as I have not tested yet.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Erebus Delirium.4892

Erebus Delirium.4892

I tried some WvW tonight after taking a hiatus since the 12/3 patch debacle.

At one time my phantasms were nearly 100% reliable. Now, they are less than 50% reliable — possibly much less. I feel like my favorite class was dealt a massive blow from which it will never recover.

So much time wasted with this silly game. While I understand “Goodbye” posts are pointless, it helps give me closure. The good news is I can start being productive again! It really was an amazing few months.

-Tarnished Coast since the beginning

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Mesmers ran shatter in tpvp, will run it even more with this kitten “balance” on legion setup.

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

I’m still scratching my head why they buffed shatter (Our only really strong build) above all else instead of making other builds more viable

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Most of the changes are good.

• Signet of Illusions finally gives us “our” version of out of combat speed back. Ofc, now that half the classes have +25% passive, having a random +33% instead of their (in beta) +10% is no longer any balance at all. Still, happy to see this back.
  • Phantasmal Healing! IT WORKS! \o/

One big issue:

• Portal nerf. After nerf. After already bloody annoying to use nerf. Would it be so difficult to tell the sPvPers to go back to their LoL or DotA and stop balancing skills for boredome, aka, sPvP? I don’t want 60-90s CD on half my skills just because – oh noes – someone died! 30s CD (max!), 5 teleports limit, done. Let me actually use my abilities
The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Josh P.1296

Josh P.1296

iWarlock does kitten all damage now QQ

Illucéption – Mesmer
Diamond Story – Elementalist
[TSym] Tac Sym

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raven.6287

Raven.6287

I did not see any real improvements at all. The extra 2 secs on the speed buff.. woopie do. But you gave the thiefs from 30% – 50% increase. Why?, they did not need it at all. Also culling does not work due to all the stealth going around. I noticed today in www we were getting hit and in some cases one shotted before it rendered, if it rendered at all. This does not make the game balanced at all. Culling does not work, it has made it worse.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

I did not see any real improvements at all. The extra 2 secs on the speed buff.. woopie do. But you gave the thiefs from 30% – 50% increase. Why?, they did not need it at all. Also culling does not work due to all the stealth going around. I noticed today in www we were getting hit and in some cases one shotted before it rendered, if it rendered at all. This does not make the game balanced at all. Culling does not work, it has made it worse.

Go to the thief forum and see them QQ about 50% only in stealth is not enough and that all other classes are more mobile than thieves. They obviously never played a mesmer.
Made my day….a thief complaining about not being mobile enough.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

in Mesmer

Posted by: cafard.8953

cafard.8953

• Portal nerf. After nerf. After already bloody annoying to use nerf. Would it be so difficult to tell the sPvPers to go back to their LoL or DotA and stop balancing skills for boredome, aka, sPvP? I don’t want 60-90s CD on half my skills just because – oh noes – someone died! 30s CD (max!), 5 teleports limit, done. Let me actually use my abilities

30s CD, self-only. Give us back our skill, and cut short the portal bombing/exploit whinge.

Olaf Oakmane [KA]
Save the Bell Choir activity!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iruwen.3164

Iruwen.3164

Good to see how they “listen”. Exactly what I expected, almost none of the bugs in the comprehensive list have been fixed, instead some irrelevant balancing changes and several new bugs. Thank you for nothing.

Iruwen Evillan, Human Mesmer on Drakkar Lake

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Good to see how they “listen”. Exactly what I expected, almost none of the bugs in the comprehensive list have been fixed, instead some irrelevant balancing changes and several new bugs. Thank you for nothing.

So? Other people prioritize balance higher on a personal level. Yet others – me included – can live with a handful of bugs and some balance issues as long as we get new stuff to play around with.
They have to deliver somewhere in between.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

I don’t get it. The new Prismatic Understanding is a great buff that would have given the extra push to use the torch over others in pve…and they decided to exclude it.

Even more buffs to shatter build. Looks like every mesmer will only be shattering now. Who can say no to 30~50 seconds of 3-stack might?
Underwater, signet, mantra buffs, blade training fix, all nice.

Prismatic boon part works with prestige, we just made it so the duration part doesn’t because a trait to increase cast time of that skill would be bad. Sorry unclear notes there. On the IZerker he does hit correctly now but there is an issue with damage floaters not always appearing the we are now trying to track down.

Jon