So How do u feel Patch notes?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

Mesmer

Phantasmal Mariner: This phantasm now attacks more often, but does damage in line with its attack rate.
Illusionary Whaler: This phantasm now attacks more often, and now does a reasonable amount of damage.
Phantasms now initiate combat after .25 seconds instead of one second.
Feigned Surge: This skill is now a leap finisher.
Vortex: This skill now does pulsing damage after it is created, and is also an ethereal field.
Jab: Increased damage by 12.5%.
Evasive Strike: Increased damage by 25%.
Spinning Revenge: Recharge reduced from 15 to 12 seconds, and is also a whirl finisher.
Signet of Inspiration: Increased swiftness duration from five to ten seconds. This passive effect now works outside of combat.
Deception: Clones that use Winds of Chaos will now fire their projectile in a straight line, just as the mesmer’s Winds of Chaos does.
Decreased all Mantra cast times by one second.
Shattered Strength: Increased to three stacks of might and ten second duration.
Prismatic Understanding: No longer affects the Prestige. Now grants a random defensive boon every three seconds while in stealth. (Protection, Aegis, or Regeneration)
Critical Infusion: Vigor duration increased to five seconds. This can only trigger once every five seconds.
Blade Training: This trait is now applied to off-hand sword skills.
Dazzling: Now inflicts five stacks of vulnerability for eight seconds.
Phantasmal Warlock: Damage now matches the tooltip.
Phantasmal Duelist: Damage now matches the tooltip. Increased damage to match the lost damage from a previous bug fix.
Phantasmal Berserker: Damage now matches the tooltip.
Phantasmal Mage: Damage now matches the tooltip.
Temporal Curtain: Increased swiftness duration to 12 seconds.

(edited by Lordryux.9785)

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

I feel pretty good about this because now signet of inspiration works outside of combat and we have an extra 2 seconds added on to temporal curtain yes finally we have other means to get swiftness aswell as other buffs now that inspiration works outside of combat ^^ OH and got a buff on critical infusion thats been my world right thier because before that 1 second duration was horrid x.x

in Mesmer

Posted by: MightyJoeMoon.7463

MightyJoeMoon.7463

I guess it depends on what “damage now matches the tooltip” pans out to be in real numbers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: LemurTron.9261

LemurTron.9261

Phantasms now initiate combat after .25 seconds instead of one second.

nbad

in Mesmer

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

Seem like no nerfs, unless there’s another bug, pretty solid patch delivery.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

Problem is that they adjusted Thief and Warrior accordingly….. I have the feeling it will stay unbalanced.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I’m really liking the sounds of them. Especially the buff to Shattered Strength as I wasn’t expecting it at all because I already thought it was pretty good.

I’m a bit weary of the phantasm damage changes though as I don’t exactly know what they mean but I am presuming they are good changes based on what has been said by Jon.

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

yea i guess we will see when the patch happens im kinda excited tho because signet of inspiration out of combat is a biggie for me i never thought they would do that ill take that as our x-mas present lol but we will see ^^ yea i hope izerker didnt get even more nerfed and it feels like iduelist got a big buff idk thats just me. lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

I guess it depends on what “damage now matches the tooltip” pans out to be in real numbers.

Funny that’s exactly what I thought.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Aha! I knew the illusionary whaler’s damage was a bug!

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Posted by: knight.8926

knight.8926

this is pretty sweet, I’m looking for to using mantras and signet of inspiration again.

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

Problem is that they adjusted Thief and Warrior accordingly….. I have the feeling it will stay unbalanced.

Well if ur a mesmer who knows how to play thief and warriors shouldnt be a problem for u really i think thier the easiest to take down but im more worried about thiefs stealth problem even after they go in stealth attack me i still dont see them for like 1 or 2 seconds sometimes.. idk wats up with that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: aaron.7850

aaron.7850

but we still dont have any reliable swiftness right? Signet of inspiration has only a chance to cast swiftness.. and 2 more seconds of swiftness to temporal curtain?

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

but we still dont have any reliable swiftness right? Signet of inspiration has only a chance to cast swiftness.. and 2 more seconds of swiftness to temporal curtain?

At this point in time i think its still a great buff come on it works outside of combat aswell as inside xD passive u cant say that aint great :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

just wondering what they did with the phantasms, damage now matches the tooltip.
so did they change the damage or the tooltip?

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Macha.9160

Macha.9160

just wondering what they did with the phantasms, damage now matches the tooltip.
so did they change the damage or the tooltip?

With this question it is determined if this patch is a nerf (again) or a buff to us…

i hope it’s either a tooltip-change or a buff… but i’m not so sure about it… noted the dmg bofre patch to compare^^

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

I want to test it!!!! (It is downloading and downloading.. ^^)

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

I like it. =)

Let’s hope no regressions…

It’s connecting…connecting… =(

(edited by MysticHLE.7160)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Wow, big Mantra buff.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

okay so izerker was dealing less damage cuz not all hits were hitting and notes said nothing about it fixing!? sup with that?

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

okay so izerker was dealing less damage cuz not all hits were hitting and notes said nothing about it fixing!? sup with that?

maybe they fixed that and left the damage before the patch idk i cant get ingame cuz the client is saying connection error alot of people is having the same problem as me sucks :p

in Mesmer

Nuka Cola.8520

i swear if they left him missing attacks i will throw a rock at some1… Same can’t test because client not working

in Mesmer

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

So 2 seconds more up time on temporal curtain and a one in 1/8 chance every 10 seconds to get swiftness. That doesn’t seem like more reliable speed to me, kinda disappointed about that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryuujin.8236

Ryuujin.8236

Funny that’s exactly what I thought.

Last time I bothered to look at the tooltips for skills like iDuellist they said silly things like 150 damage that is vastly less than their actual damage… hoping that’s a typo on their part and/or they stealth fixed the tooltips while I wasn’t looking.

While they may be clueless about balance I think we can safely say it takes a special grade of dunce to reduce all phantasm damage by a factor of 10

The Ashwalker – Ranger
Garnished Toast

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

So 2 seconds more up time on temporal curtain and a one in 1/8 chance every 10 seconds to get swiftness. That doesn’t seem like more reliable speed to me, kinda disappointed about that.

yea i understand i wanted like a trait or something that gave more swiftness but look at the bigger picture the signets passive effect works outside of combat and inside so im okay with that really and its a chance to get any random boon so i really dont mind But i was looking foward to a new trait xD lol

in Mesmer

Posted by: rootnode.9546

rootnode.9546

Well if ur a mesmer who knows how to play thief and warriors shouldnt be a problem for u really i think thier the easiest to take down but im more worried about thiefs stealth problem even after they go in stealth attack me i still dont see them for like 1 or 2 seconds sometimes.. idk wats up with that.

Well, they have even more speed now.

Foran Lonewind – Mesmer
Gwens Avengers
Riverside

in Mesmer

Posted by: Munkee.3542

Munkee.3542

This. Jon Peters, don’t tell me you’re giving me more reliable swiftness and give me a whopping 2 seconds plus a random chance at it. I’m also a tad skeptical on the iZerker change but the other things look fine. I like that Mantras are looking a bit better.

Mesmer
Pinnacle Of Responsibility [Mom] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabin.4590

Sabin.4590

hmm, no scepter love? whats up with that, do they really think that weapon is an ok weapon set for mesmers? Of hand sword just got usefull though. trait working and dazzling adding lots of vulnerability stacks, great for pve content finally.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

hmm, no scepter love? whats up with that, do they really think that weapon is an ok weapon set for mesmers? Of hand sword just got usefull though. trait working and dazzling adding lots of vulnerability stacks, great for pve content finally.

That trait worked for me before that patch, so I’m kinda confused about what it does now..

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

Ironvos.9014

some extra stuff from the second and third patchnote post.

Mesmer Portal: The Mesmer utility skill Portal now has a maximum # of times it can be used before it disappears. This means that 1 Mesmer can no longer send an infinite # of allies through a portal. The current # is 20, which may come down more later. We still want the Mesmers to feel cool for having such a powerful ability, but we also want to put a limit on the # of players a defending team needs to worry about coming out of 1 Mesmer Portal, especially in WvW.

Class balance philosophies
We normally try to employ metered and controlled balance changes with each pass, rather than huge reductions or improvements to classes. We want to get all classes on the same playing field, and we want to avoid “whack-a-mole” style balance. HUGH increases and HUGE decreases lead to meta instability, and thusly, we try to make multiple small tweaks rather than putting in massive changes that we have to later correct. (reword this section)
When designing and balancing the classes, we try to make sure that class roles and identities stay intact. So, in doing so, we make sure that there are rules and boundaries outlining the capabilities and weaknesses of each class.

Mesmers rely on illusions in order to accomplish their goals. They need illusions to accomplish some of their highest damage and control, and without the illusions, they become fairly fragile. They can deal with enemy boons better than most classes, but enemy conditions can often be a problem. They share some of the stealth and mobility that the Thief enjoys, but suffer from a low health pool if you get past all their tricks.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cares Less.9631

Cares Less.9631

Do they mean the new Blade Training trait only affects off hand sword now, or do they mean also affects off hand sword as well as main hand sword?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Acidicore.3264

Acidicore.3264

That or they’re still working on it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

They just added more information in the patch notes. :-)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

It’s a good update except for that part about the prestige.

mantras should cast faster now….so maybe they’ll actually be useful dunno 3.25 seconds still seems like a long time.

We got a speed buff boost yay but necros, rangers, and elementalists will move even faster with their updated signets. Necros may even be faster than thieves now. They’ll be harder to catch!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

YES! FINALLY! Mesmer buffs! I’m so happy but I’ll wait till I can try things in game to see how I really feel about it. Love the mantra channel improvement (makes damage/heal mantra builds far more viable), speed buffs, initiation time for phantasms to do their move. -fingers crossed-

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Mesmer

Nuka Cola.8520

Agree with scepter!!!! wtf anet!? Your whole community is telling you that it isn’t bad, isn’t a waste of space, isn’t broken but WUT? Mesmer can equip a scepter, since when? That bad…. No1’s using it and the last joke buff did nothing to this creature of a weapon. Mind Stab is another one…. stop wasting time on underwater skills and completely change Scepter, mind Stab and do something to Torch cuz its almost as bad.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Munkee.3542

Munkee.3542

Mesmer Portal: The Mesmer utility skill Portal now has a maximum # of times it can be used before it disappears. This means that 1 Mesmer can no longer send an infinite # of allies through a portal. The current # is 20, which may come down more later. We still want the Mesmers to feel cool for having such a powerful ability, but we also want to put a limit on the # of players a defending team needs to worry about coming out of 1 Mesmer Portal, especially in WvW.

Way to drop the hammer on the Mesmer’s biggest use in WvW. Slowed em down and nerfed Portal making Mesmers Mr. Irrelevant in WvW for the most part.

Mesmer
Pinnacle Of Responsibility [Mom] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: MMOJumper.8504

MMOJumper.8504

The portal change is how I think they should have handled portal in the first place. Now if they’d just put the cooldown back to 60 seconds…

in Mesmer

Ironvos.9014

Way to drop the hammer on the Mesmer’s biggest use in WvW. Slowed em down and nerfed Portal making Mesmers Mr. Irrelevant in WvW for the most part.

Well you can still port 20 people, odds are there will atleast be one or two other mesmers in that zerg that can put down an extra portal for the rest.

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Isaac.6041

Isaac.6041

O no big nerf on portal. O well. I’ve personally never ported more than 20 players at a time but it probably does happen.

You could still port 40 players in with 2 mesmers though. Looks like teams will have to be a little more organized.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vendris.4201

Vendris.4201

Just tested against target dummies – beserker is wtfpwning the target dummies again without missing. Haven’t taken a close look at damage but at least he’s not whiffing anymore.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tetrodoxin.2134

tetrodoxin.2134

Free and Paid tournaments now have a new build-locking feature. When the countdown timer completes, players will no longer be able to change weapons, armor, skills, or traits until the match is over. This will prevent players from abusing build-swapping between fights.

So, basically no weapon swapping on focus for the speed buff anymore if you don’t have a focus build in tPvP.

Great patch, but i still see no reliable swiftness.

Anet hates [your class], since [other classes] got buffs while [your class] only received nerfs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

O_O there must be a ninja nerf somewhere. mesmers always get nerfed! why break the tradition this time?! if there isn’t (portal nerf was necessary) then this just might be one of the best gifts in gw2 ever.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Phantasmal Warlock: Damage now matches the tooltip.

Phantasmal Duelist: Damage now matches the tooltip. Increased damage to match the lost damage from a previous bug fix.

Phantasmal Berserker: Damage now matches the tooltip.

Phantasmal Mage: Damage now matches the tooltip.
-
Has anyone tested this? My interpretation is that the tooltips were wrong before and everything is the same, with the exception of Duelist which they increased the damage slightly.

How does this affect the nerf to iZerker which they said they would look into?

in Mesmer

Vendris.4201

Ok, I found the bug.

Illusionary beserker now reliably hits with the first attack run
And reliably completely misses with his second attack run

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kumakichi.2583

Kumakichi.2583

Just tested against target dummies – beserker is wtfpwning the target dummies again without missing. Haven’t taken a close look at damage but at least he’s not whiffing anymore.

Good to hear. I’m also interested to see how the Warlock does. Maybe it was just me but the damage felt like it decreased some after the last patch.

in Mesmer

Vendris.4201

Update – the beserker appears to be missing attacks in it’s second attack run now instead of the first.

Good to hear. I’m also interested to see how the Warlock does. Maybe it was just me but the damage felt like it decreased some after the last patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jasher.6580

Jasher.6580

Update – the beserker appears to be missing attacks in it’s second attack run now instead of the first.

So basically all the phantasm damage is the same (except for iDuelist) and iZerker is still bugged with a nerfed low damage. Fantastic.

To add insult to injury, Warriors and Thieves are still one shotting people and our clones are all naked and just standing there now doing nothing.

(edited by Jasher.6580)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ddoi.9264

ddoi.9264

I don’t get it. The new Prismatic Understanding is a great buff that would have given the extra push to use the torch over others in pve…and they decided to exclude it.

Even more buffs to shatter build. Looks like every mesmer will only be shattering now. Who can say no to 30~50 seconds of 3-stack might?
Underwater, signet, mantra buffs, blade training fix, all nice.

(edited by ddoi.9264)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dan.8709

Dan.8709

It sounds pretty solid, I think that 0.25 start to phantams will be awesome, a bit of increase on duelista also sounds amazing.

Daniel Cousland – Darkhaven