So... The Mesmer Dungeon/Fractal Build?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Almost finished working on the Grimoire, but I’m stumped at the PvE section. I’ll be nagging Kai soon enough, but until then what is the currently established “best” Mesmer build for dungeons/fractals?

And if someone could explain the reasoning behind the traits/runes/sigils, me love you longtime.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

http://www.dtguilds.com/forum/m/6563292/viewthread/12497837-dnt-mesmer-build-specialization-update

Is a good start point.

Also http://metabattle.com/wiki/Build:Mesmer_-_S/S_/F_/P seems to be a better specialization choices and explains things and is what I’ve been using.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in Mesmer

Posted by: expandas.7051

expandas.7051

I run FotM 50s and the occasional Arah when I’m not busy with small group roaming. Level with me for a bit.

Current Ele DPS is a staggering 23k DPS. That’s a good 50% more than almost every other class aside from Engineer. For a Mesmer running in an ideal group composition of 3 eles and a warrior, you have a COMPARATIVE advantage traiting into a build oriented around reflects, crowd control, and support. This is the build that I use: http://intothemists.com/guides/5916-gfc_fractal_cc_mesmer

The DPS delta between my support build (Dom/Duel/Insp) with PB procs and a pure DPS build (Dom/Duel/Illu) was around 2k DPS (~13% decrease) but the tradeoff gets you AoE heals, AoE cleanses, AoE distortion, reflects for days, and interrupts for days (good for defiance stripping).

P.S. Try PB on Baron von Scrufflebutt!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Silverkey.2078

Silverkey.2078

The good thing with having a low DPS class is that if your DPS gets even worse, it does not change much to the final outcome :p

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kaiyanwan.8521

Kaiyanwan.8521

I am on it. Sort of. Half of the guide is done – without proper editing or proof-reading and all such fancy stuff.

Maybe over the next week I will actually find enough time to finish it. Or the next month.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

I run fractal 50s with a Blurred Inscriptions/Illusionary Inspiration build. Ether, Midnight, and Inspiration signets. Loads of Distortion spam, boon copy, and reflects.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kusa.6438

Kusa.6438

Shatter still works. Just like it always has. Been running 50s (and 50+ pre change) kittenter. It’s great burst and survival for the dungeon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Shatter still works. Just like it always has. Been running 50s (and 50+ pre change) kittenter. It’s great burst and survival for the dungeon.

This makes no sense whatsoever. Shatter has less than nothing to do with survival. In fact, phantasm builds are generally much safer than shatter builds, since you can do more damage without being right there, and have more utility from reflects.

As far as burst goes, shatter is ok burst…but burst isn’t very meaningful, especially in 50s where everything has a ton of hp. One round of phantasm hits will outdamage the burst you get from shattering those phantasms easily.

I’m sure you’re running 50s with it, but that doesn’t mean much. Yes, it can be done. No, it’s not a good choice.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

what ritual do i need to do to summon frifox

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Mesmer

Posted by: frifox.5283

frifox.5283

All you have to do is bring a GS to a dungeon.

Though, I don’t think there is anything to add here other than link the already linked metabattle page. The two builds on it are pretty much the go-to builds now. I don’t see any other alternatives that could compete for meta spots, in direct dps or reflects. One exception would be Power Block. The trait is actually pretty kitten good now, as long as you can coordinate defiance stack management. For times where there are no defiance to manage, the trait is pure gold – ie Bjarl.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Faction.4013

Faction.4013

I run FotM 50s and the occasional Arah when I’m not busy with small group roaming. Level with me for a bit.

Current Ele DPS is a staggering 23k DPS. That’s a good 50% more than almost every other class aside from Engineer. For a Mesmer running in an ideal group composition of 3 eles and a warrior, you have a COMPARATIVE advantage traiting into a build oriented around reflects, crowd control, and support. This is the build that I use: http://intothemists.com/guides/5916-gfc_fractal_cc_mesmer

The DPS delta between my support build (Dom/Duel/Insp) with PB procs and a pure DPS build (Dom/Duel/Illu) was around 2k DPS (~13% decrease) but the tradeoff gets you AoE heals, AoE cleanses, AoE distortion, reflects for days, and interrupts for days (good for defiance stripping).

P.S. Try PB on Baron von Scrufflebutt!

This is pretty much THE mentality I have right now. We’re never going to have the DPS of Elementalists, Warriors, Thieves, or even Rangers, so I just build for Support, Manipulation & Control (Dom/Duel/Insp). And I use Power Block too, simply because I can daze up to 5 people in one cast. “Into the Void” plus PB is pretty much lockdown on any group of mobs.

Running the DPS build (Dom/Duel/Illu) is fine in Open-World events, World Bosses and such, but in Dungeons & Fractals, when you have classes like the Warrior doing 32k HB, Thieves doing 13k Pistol Whips, and Elementalists doing everything else, it’s pointless to compete. Much rather just assist their DPS & keep them alive longer using Feedback/Reflects, Cleanses, Heals and Time Warp.

All you have to do is bring a GS to a dungeon.

Though, I don’t think there is anything to add here other than link the already linked metabattle page. The two builds on it are pretty much the go-to builds now. I don’t see any other alternatives that could compete for meta spots, in direct dps or reflects. One exception would be Power Block. The trait is actually pretty kitten good now, as long as you can coordinate defiance stack management. For times where there are no defiance to manage, the trait is pure gold – ie Bjarl.

LOVE PB! I use it constantly on Trash mobs simply because if they’re packed together, you can stun them all. Still trying to get used to interrupting though. Kinda hard when you’re in the middle of a melee, and with all the godkitten spell effects and bright lights, it’s hard to tell if they’re casting anything. THAT’S really the only downside to PB, attempting to score an interrupt on a cast in the middle of a epileptic fireworks show…

(edited by Faction.4013)