So signet of locust, air and the hunt are....

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

all getting buffed to +25% speed increase.
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/necromancer/Signet-of-the-Locust-runspeed-buff/first#post980149

So, mesmer can’t catch anything now. We’ll be stuck trying to snare with Sword 3 or GS4. Should mesmer get a speed passive just to keep things fair? Are these speed passives getting a little nuts? Or should mesmer be forced to stroll and blink across the battlefield while trying to keep up with it’s party. Hope you all have your foci, it’s gonna be mandatory now.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lordryux.9785

Lordryux.9785

EXACTLY finally some 1 understands me how bad it is having barely any resources for swiftness i dont care if we have ways to increase it a bit more than 10s that is totally not the issue every class has swiftness skills and more than 1 source to get it from and aswell some they have passive movement speed signets and they are all getting buffed i really dont understand this at all we should atleast get an extra added bonus to one of our signets that let us get a passive aswell or boost the swiftness from temporal curtain to atleast 20s now that would seem verry fair .

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

I stopped trying with GS4 nerfed as it is… the only reason I sometime can catch a runner is by focus pulling and then Sword 3 immobilizing… it’s effective, but it consumes two cooldowns to get in range

in Mesmer

Posted by: NeuroMuse.1763

NeuroMuse.1763

This is why i run Sup. Rune of the Centaur esp when roaming in WvW sure its nice to get to places faster but its those annoying kittens with all the passive run speed buffs w/accessible swiftness and not many options to slow them down. Really annoying for melee builds and condition builds those with condition builds get forced in gear for +cond duration to compensate thus lowering overall dmg for when they exit staff range.

in Mesmer

Posted by: purpleskies.3274

purpleskies.3274

So we were already one of the easiest classes to run away from, they want to make it worse? Or are we getting some passive run speed to, because otherwise this is just ridiculous.

in Mesmer

Posted by: JonPeters.5630

JonPeters.5630

Game Design Lead

Got some movement improvements coming for Mesmer also. Mostly more reliable swiftness.

in Mesmer

Posted by: PearlGore.7419

PearlGore.7419

Got some movement improvements coming for Mesmer also. Mostly more reliable swiftness.

I just Don’t want to be forced, <On any class> to have to use a certain weapon to have out of combat speed, these should be available from utilities and signets!

in Mesmer

NeuroMuse.1763

This made my day. Seriously!

in Mesmer

purpleskies.3274

Thank you! I am really curious now what you are planning to do.

in Mesmer

Posted by: korelg.7862

korelg.7862

nice! maybe a signet effect?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nueshak.2437

Nueshak.2437

Gotta say it is nice that the devs have been commenting so much on the mesmer forums lately. Shows that they are at least looking at our class under a microscope. I will remain optimistic.

L80 Mesmer (Darkhaven)-Commander Piccolo Sama
“Even with the energy you took from me, my power is still far greater than your own. "

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

I really hope they don’t take away any utility slots, as I need all mine. I would rather them buff some of the runes or make a new trait.

(edited by Sinergy.6374)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Navi.7142

Navi.7142

Wow, sounds promising!

In pve whenever someone has a speed buff signet I just can’t keep up with them.

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

going to marry jon now lmao xD this just made my year

Yea i too think it should be a added effect to one of our signets i guess would seem fair but who knows could be anything !

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qelris.6901

Qelris.6901

I. Love. You.

Even though I never whined about our limited amount of swiftness.

I’m only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand.

in Mesmer

NeuroMuse.1763

I honestly would rather it not be part of a signet since I don’t use them myself but I’d be happy with any kind of solution being more or less forced into using centaur runes sucks any improvement is welcome.

in Mesmer

Navi.7142

They could revert signet of inspiration to what it was before (in bwe?) or they give it a new (speedy?) passive effect.. whatever.. caaaaaan’t wait!

:-)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Isn’t Signet of Midnight’s passive a good candidate for a change to speed boost? The 10% boon duration is wasted since mesmers have very little access to boons by themselves. 25% speed increase is more useful.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phloww.1048

Phloww.1048

Isn’t Signet of Midnight’s passive a good candidate for a change to speed boost? The 10% boon duration is wasted since mesmers have very little access to boons by themselves. 25% speed increase is more useful.

Signet of Midnight (at it’s current state) is useful if combined with Signet of Inspiration and have at least 10 or more Chaos points.

But I agree that Signet of Midnight seems a good potential of being a speed booster or possible stealth combo (since in GW1 it used to deal blindness on target and yourself).

Either way, I’m looking forward to Dec. 14th update!!!!! :-D

Also, thank you Jon Peters and everyone else in Anet!!!!!

(edited by Phloww.1048)

in Mesmer

Zenith.7301

Can we get a change to Deception (downed #2 ability) being targeted as well? That downed abilitie tends to port me RIGHT into aoe/mob’s attack range so often instead of saving me…

(edited by Zenith.7301)

in Mesmer

Posted by: tqhx.2190

tqhx.2190

Dec 14th, 2 more days:

Phantasm attack delay cut from .5 to .25
Berzerker damage restored
Reliable Speed boost implemented

edit: not completely sure on the zerker damage restored, but im hoping

Ok i guess i can deal with not being able to attack people on walls after that. Thanks for helping make this class fun to play!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xavi.6591

Xavi.6591

I hope the bug with Swiftness from Focus is also fixed.

It does not stack with any other forms of swiftness from other professions/runes meaning that when I use Focus’ Temporal Curtain to gain swiftness and when I only have a few sec left on the buff, another profession uses their group swiftness, when my swiftness from Focus runs out, I am left with no buff at all and fall behind the pack.

Super annoying.

Fantasme Bloodwen [R.I.P. Mesmer] | Andi Runi [Warrior] | Bonedoggle [Necro] | Zooerasty [Ranger]
Angry Intent [AI] | Yak’s Bend |

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

yea i mean i would like to have other ways than just 1 skill tbh and i dont want to have to change my whole rune set up just for swiftness duration that isnt a huge portion anyway. not to mention dolyaks are getting costly. and aswell everything in the TP is getting costly these days idk wats going on x.x

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

When I read this my first thought was “pull will be removed from focus-5 in order to reduce it’s c/d so it can be used more often for swiftness”.

Hopefully not the case, but I’m in a “glass half empty” mood today.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

More reliable swiftness would be great, if it were not for rangers, elementalists and necros getting free 25% passive movement. Even if we get better swiftness uptime we will still be falling behind, because everybody else moves even faster now.

Please consider giving us a passive movement increase tied to a mantra or signet. 20% or even 10% would be more than welcome and very needed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kanto.1659

Kanto.1659

Would be nice indeed, but I can’t see which skill I’d remove for a signet. I wish I had more skill slots, not one less.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

More reliable swiftness would be great, if it were not for rangers, elementalists and necros getting free 25% passive movement. Even if we get better swiftness uptime we will still be falling behind, because everybody else moves even faster now.

Please consider giving us a passive movement increase tied to a mantra or signet. 20% or even 10% would be more than welcome and very needed.

Swiftness increases 33%, and both effects do not stack, so having swiftness on you would make a passive +25% increase useless. For example, current meta elementalists won’t need the changes to the signet because they have good means to apply swiftness, although other builds will sure enjoy it. So a Mesmer with good means to get swiftness wouldn’t “fall behind”.

in Mesmer

Navi.7142

How about a Elite signet? xD

Signet of illusionary haste
passive: gives you 15% movement speed
active: cripples up to five foes for 10 sec and roots you in place for 3 sec
or immobilize up to five foes for 4 sec and cripples you for 2 sec

like: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Illusion_of_Haste

May not be balanced, but it sounded fun. And yeah, I was only thinking for pve. ^^

in Mesmer

Lordryux.9785

Swiftness increases 33%, and both effects do not stack, so having swiftness on you would make a passive +25% increase useless. For example, current meta elementalists won’t need the changes to the signet because they have good means to apply swiftness, although other builds will sure enjoy it. So a Mesmer with good means to get swiftness wouldn’t “fall behind”.

and to get more means to get more swiftness that requires us to change our trait build or runes for more swiftness duration so.. yea thats not an option for wat im concerned.

Take for example. Staff eles have 2 means to get swiftness 3 if they trait for it. ive seen alot of staff eles not really go 10 into air anyway for the swiftness and fury on aura activation cuz thier is only 1 aura and its the one in the earth attunement i for myself i rock with signet of earth and water simply for the active effect for it and we all know signet of water is only a 10% increase in speed which isnt really much tbh but the active effect can chill foes for a decent amount of time and aswell if they are running with glyphs and not ether renewal and we all know alot of eles are running with ether renewal as we speak. because of the condition removal per pulse its a great healing skill aswell the base heal is more than glyphs

So in all about that little statement mesmers always fall behind unless they have swiftness up for a good amount of time getting from place to place if they dont they are just goona drag on till they group up with the rest of thier team lol. Ive seen it multiple times upon countless times.

(edited by Lordryux.9785)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

@Juno: Yeah I’m like you. Somehow I have the feeling more “reliable” means just fixing curtain so it stacks with other sources of swiftess.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

@Juno: Yeah I’m like you. Somehow I have the feeling more “reliable” means just fixing curtain so it stacks with other sources of swiftess.

lol, that made me smile — it’s sad and funny at the same time! Shows how low some of our expectations have sunken.

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rukia.4802

Rukia.4802

Thief also has 25% signet passive

“I find this rain quite pleasant, it feels as though raindrops are blessing our victory”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

I think the problem lies as much in the fact that we don’t really have good sources of swiftness but also in the fact that we don’t really have reliable means of slowing people.

Think about it. Our pull acts as our swiftness and cripple source and it’s a rare occasion that you benefit from at least 2 of those features. On top of that we have iZerker, not available to all builds, buggy and unreliable, Chaos Storm, again not available for all and RNG dependent and Blink, all around versatile gap closer, escape/panic button. And there’s also Illusionary Leap that works only when the stars align and the gods favor you.

And all those on quite respectable cooldowns. I don’t know if more swiftness will fix the problems but I do think it’s only part of the problem.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Seren.6850

Seren.6850

would be nice to not have to run centaur runes

SoS original -“They mostly come out at night … mostly”
[FIRE] Serene Snow, Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

Super glad to hear, Jon! =)

in Mesmer

Zenith.7301

I think the problem lies as much in the fact that we don’t really have good sources of swiftness but also in the fact that we don’t really have reliable means of slowing people.

Think about it. Our pull acts as our swiftness and cripple source and it’s a rare occasion that you benefit from at least 2 of those features. On top of that we have iZerker, not available to all builds, buggy and unreliable, Chaos Storm, again not available for all and RNG dependent and Blink, all around versatile gap closer, escape/panic button. And there’s also Illusionary Leap that works only when the stars align and the gods favor you.

And all those on quite respectable cooldowns. I don’t know if more swiftness will fix the problems but I do think it’s only part of the problem.

That’s more an issue with Illusionary Leap/Swap having horrible range. It should be increased.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

You mean increased movement speed for each active illusion isn’t a valid means of getting around faster?

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MysticHLE.7160

MysticHLE.7160

You mean increased movement speed for each active illusion isn’t a valid means of getting around faster?

You mean wasting a whole 10 Trait points to move UP to 15% faster while in battle sometimes (assuming you keep all 3 illusions alive)? >_>

And nevermind the fact that our Phantasms can be shut off entirely by roll/blind/invulnerable…so good luck spawning 3 and keeping them alive while a thief goes under stealth and 2HKO you from behind with Heartseeker. -_-

On another note, your post is quite ironic given your display name.

(edited by MysticHLE.7160)

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

I appreciate the response and I look forward to seeing what you have in mind. I would like to ask you to consider granting mesmer some form of passive speed boon for all the reasons other players have stated above. However, I reserve the right to change my opinion after I see your changes.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

purpleskies.3274

I am hoping they just re-work the speed trait to be worthwhile and actually give us comparable speed to the other classes that have to spec to get it like engineers or elementalists permanent swiftness.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lux.6490

Lux.6490

Maybe they should just give everyone a free “movement” utility slot, reserved for skills related to movement and speed buffs. Like the healing utility slot, but for speed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alex.9268

Alex.9268

I know they don’t stack.

You forget that all other professions have more reliable access to swiftness (more uptime) as it is already, before passive movement speed increases. Giving elementalists, necro’s and rangers passive 25% increased movement speed, while they all still have at least >50% uptime on swiftness without effort, makes them much faster than mesmers, even if mesmers do get higher swiftness uptime.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sarcasmic.6741

Sarcasmic.6741

On another note, your post is quite ironic given your display name.

Now you’re catching on.

Stace (Lv 80 human quickness portal bot) | Sarcasmic (Lv 80 elixir-drunk norn pyro)
Saladtha (Lv 80 salad sidekick to bears) | Dunelle (Lv 80 eviscerating muppet)
Karmell (Lv 80 human might dispenser) | Vast says hi~.

in Mesmer

Posted by: KratosAngel.7289

KratosAngel.7289

I think you people hope too much thinking about a passive +25% speed for mesmer. Just look at what he said, he said that mesmer will have more mobility.
Basically, for me, it means that, for example, we’ll have one utility skill which will grant swiftness as well, and that’s it.
Or maybe, if they finally reworked some traits, something that could allow us to have a speed buff via those traits.
Honestly, I don’t believe in a passive +25% speed movement. Too nice to be true.
Still, I’m happy that, generally speaking, the mobility problem is being tackled

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wise.8025

Wise.8025

How about a Elite signet? xD

Signet of illusionary haste
passive: gives you 15% movement speed
active: cripples up to five foes for 10 sec and roots you in place for 3 sec
or immobilize up to five foes for 4 sec and cripples you for 2 sec

like: http://wiki.guildwars.com/wiki/Illusion_of_Haste

May not be balanced, but it sounded fun. And yeah, I was only thinking for pve. ^^

Love your idea Navi. It would be useless if it rooted you in place for pvp though and if it immobilized up to five fore it would be on EVERY mesmer’s skill bar because that’s would be OP especially with a 4 second duration. Although it could be done like the ranger elite entangle where you can break out of it and having no damage it would just be cc.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Am I the only one who doesn’t see the point giving everyone more and more passive runspeed?

Why not just… you know… increase base runspeed?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinergy.6374

Sinergy.6374

Am I the only one who doesn’t see the point giving everyone more and more passive runspeed?

Now there is a thought.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DiogoSilva.7089

DiogoSilva.7089

Why should burst builds exist? Let’s all add more base damage to all builds! And Bunkers? Nah, let’s all add more base defense to all builds.

Roamer builds are one of the current valid archetype builds for pvp. It makes sense that, just like all other builds, the strategic advantage of more speed is compensated with a loss somewhere else.

Swiftness has a duration, can be stripped, and can be traited for higher boon duration. Other classes’ signets will lose their effect for a long duration if the signets are used, do not add as much as swiftness when it comes to catching/ kiting, and take an utility slow.

In theory, seems fine. In practise, let’s test it first and see the strong points and the drawbacks of the changes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Mostly more reliable swiftness.

This made my day.

Passives stack with swiftness – 25%+33%=58%, mesmers are left behind! Let’s make swiftness more reliable, let’s buff focus (note, that nobody uses in combat)!

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Oh, so you wouldn’t buff Focus, since well, no one uses it in combat. That ofc makes a lot of sense, why buff underpowered stuff?

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.