Sooo, what's it like being in the crosshairs?

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Heya, necro main here. No not going to bash mesmer, personally still prefer fighting you guys compared to thieves. More interesting, least more flashy anyways. Mainly just wondering how it is being the class in the crosshairs now. Also, any decent builds you’d recommend, other than the one that is making others try and burn you guys to the stake…mmmm steak.

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

We’ll kill them if we’re underpowered, we’ll kill them if we’re overpowered, we’ll kill them in the bathtub, at the breakfast table, and in the lunch room. We’ll kill them if they think they’re good, we’ll kill them when we know they’re bad. We’ll kill them, we’ll kill them, we’ll kill them. Over and over again, in good times and in bad, we’ll kill them, and the tears will flow. Oh how the tears will always, always flow.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

What Ross is trying to say through his power trip (dam, bro. Why we gotta kill them in the bathtub tho? Nothing is sacred anymore…) is that Mesmer feels absolutely awesome at the moment.

- 4 out of 5 of our traitlines are great (with the last one having to settle with “decent”), nearly every single one of our traits are useful. Pracically all of our grandmasters are fantastic.

- Build diversity has gone up as well as the ability to play different roles.

- Most veteran Mesmer wet themselves when the patch dropped. It’s like they took a llama off our back and are actually allowing us to ride the kitten thing!

As for non-meta builds.. check out this thread

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheLastNobody.8319

TheLastNobody.8319

Ahhh, sounds awesome, ty for the link. Will look at later, oh yeah, last question I forgot to ask….

How does it feel to beat thieves at their own game now?

A knight in shining armor is a man who never had his metal truly tested.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Necrotize.2974

Necrotize.2974

Ahhh, sounds awesome, ty for the link. Will look at later, oh yeah, last question I forgot to ask….

Its pretty sweet not having to disengage the second I see a thief call target on me. Shatter mesmers got some new tricks to help with the thief matchup, but the biggest boost is that not all mesmers have to play full glkittenter now to be effective. Heck, I play a boonshare build now and fighting on point beside a warrior or guardian gets really crazy when suddenly I share 2 stacks of stability, regen, protection, and put them at over 20 stacks of might, all in under 2 seconds. With the addition of marauder, even glassy shatter mesmers can take a small hit to damage for a lot more survivability vs quick burst classes(like thieves and other mesmers).

in Mesmer

Posted by: ASP.8093

ASP.8093

Mostly it’s been an education in how awful most people playing thief are. Like, they’ll just mash Heartseeker into your face and cry when evade+interrupt+burst is response kills them.

(The good ones, interestingly, seem to do just fine. Thieves have a lot of stealth but the trick is to manage it well — using positioning to extend the value of stealth, basically — so you’re not burning all your initiative to abuse it. That way you’ve got enough left over to apply lots of blind while bursting.)

Nemain The Eyeless · [JOY] · Tarnished Coast · http://tcwvw.com

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Mesmers are used to people complaining and getting nerfed, so this is and will be nothing new.

in Mesmer

Posted by: savacli.8172

savacli.8172

From a PvE perspective it feels like a very well polished class now.

Group Distortion…drool

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

We’ve always been in the crosshairs, and I’ve always been killing thieves~