Start Mirage over from scratch, PLEASE.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Please, please go back to the drawing board on this spec. There are so many things wrong with it it simply cannot be salvaged. Please design us another spec that:

1. Is not a condi spec. We have one of those already, and every other profession is getting specs that offer them something new and different.

2. Does not rely on clones for offense when they do not have the longevity and cannot be produced sufficiently quickly to perform in this role.

3. Does not require spending our dodges on offense.

4. Does not remove the movement from dodge rolls, which is key to moving quickly out of AoE.

5. Does not use Mirage Mirrors, which are a terrible idea. Having to slowly walk over to touch a thing which gives us nothing more than another dodge is simply ludicrous.

6. Does not use Axe, which is an unthematic weapon for Mesmers (and for condi specs, incidentally). Back before HoT, you teased us that the initial idea was for a rifle spec. Or for “Mirage”, the supposed “thief hybrid” that has a hit-and-run playstyle, what about mainhand pistol? Honestly this is one of the most confusing parts of the whole mess. Axe??

7. If it still has Ambush skills, allow us to use them without spending our dodges AND make them actually worth using AND make the use window bigger than the blink of an eye it currently is.

8. Has utility skills that are actually worth using, and are not overpriced on recharge. A 30 second recharge for a “evade backwards, if you walk back to where you were you get a dodge” skill is not something that will ever be competitive for the tiny number of utility slots we have available.

There is just so much wrong here. Please just scrap this jumble of bad and awkward ideas and start over. It’s not too late, but it soon will be.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

They had the perfect opportunity to replace the shatter mechanic with something else entirely, Chrono feels better to play around shatter (‘Time Catches Up’ is sorely missed :/). They added the only decent clone swap ability to a weapon that’s not very good; Axe 2 is unreliable (90% of the time you’ll miss it on a moving target, let alone dodging) and axe1 has abysmal range. Axe 3 is really good though.

Utility skills don’t feel very “deceptive” at all, mirrors are clunky and often untraceable in the heat of the moment, duration is way too low and clones are very unresponsive they don’t use their ambush ability half the time.

PS: I’m talking strictly pvp.

(edited by Daharahj.1325)

in Mesmer

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

Too many things not working with this class.

1) We dont get an f5, mirage cloak is overall worse than a normal dodge which leaves us with ambush as the only thing we get from this spec. As mentioned mirage mirror doesnt work. It feels suicidal to run at a specific area just to get a 0.75 dodge, too risky and lucklaster.

2)Ambush is the only thing that we get in the end. However THE ONLY weapon that has a good ambush skill is scepter and scepter alone.The rest of the weapons are terribad with ambush.

3) Because of (2) we basically have only one option for weapons which scepter/torch/Staff. That’s it, period.

4) Axe is unreliable at best and for a spec that has zero clone generation we are forced to either get mirror images as utility or deceptive evasion from dueling traits.Clone generation from axe is bad through and through.

5) …Ambush…again. We basically trade dodges (survivability) for burst dmg. AND we have to shatter in order to get our endurance back (vigor on shatter). That mean we need strong clone generation so check (4). Meanwhile the only survivability comes from invisibility so torch is mandatory and we probably will need decoy or mass invi.

6) Lets say i roam wvw, i usually play power shatter with decoy, blink, signet of illusions. Rarely i play condi with the same utilities. There is no point to use any deception utilities over the ones above as they are miles ahead and actually synergize. I could perhaps switch signet for one shadowstep but it just shows how bad the new utilities are.

7) This feels like a condi spec through and through. Core condi mesmer already performs well in a pve scenario and condi chrono is one of the strongest classes in WvW roaming/PvP. Meanwhile power shatter is a pure tryhard build that got nerfed while Anet was trying to nerf condi chrono. Good job on that btw. Why would u give, considering the above, another condi spec that pails in comparison to the 2 i mentioned above? There is simply no point in running mirage over those 2. Instead a power spec would be much more welcome and refreshing.

(8) In order to keep up the pressure or the dps we need to keep clones alive, yet we need to shatter in order to recharge endurance or spam meaningless mirage mirrors. At the same time phantasms, a major mechanic on mesmer, are completely useless with this spec as they dont use ambush. Also why do we still have shattering with this spec….it makes zero sense and has no synergy at all.

9) As mentioned in (1) we dont get an f5, we lose clone generation, we lose defensive power (no shield,cs,alacrity, no lockdown whatsoever) and all the skills apart from scepter ambush are weak, too weak.

All in all, even core mesmer is stronger than mirage at this point, let alone chrono which is miles ahead. As it stands now there is no reason to pick mirage in any single game mode.

Anet u have one month till release, better make use of that time cause this is not looking good…..

(edited by zoomborg.9462)

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

I’d have preferred something that replaces shatters as well.
I like the whole idea of Mirage but it’s just a big mess right now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

My first thought when I heard that mirage was the first elite spec was just “oh no” First ideas are rarely as thought out as ideas that have had context from previous ideas. :T

1)

2)

3)

4)

5)

6)

7)

(8)

9)

Thank you for putting this all into words, I’m feeling the same things atm.

Tho I’m not too upset about it being a condi build as I am starting to prefer applying conditions over direct damage. And I’m glad that scepter/staff are at least attempting to be put in the spotlight.

But the fact that this spec just flat out ignores phantasms (why summon them when they don’t take advantage of your new class feature, and your clones don’t override their summon?) seems like they really neglected this spec. Not to mention that the big feature they showed off is an optional, not-optional GM trait. Who thought that was a good idea??

Like I really wish they had time to do a full second pass over the class mechanics and replace the shatters with an expanded ambush ability system, and make it so that phantasms contributed something interesting to the mirage’s new mechanics, but all I can hope for is that they look over the traits and adjust them to have more synergy with the tools that mesmers already have. :T

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sodeni.6041

Sodeni.6041

1) We dont get an f5, mirage cloak is overall worse than a normal dodge which leaves us with ambush as the only thing we get from this spec. As mentioned mirage mirror doesnt work. It feels suicidal to run at a specific area just to get a 0.75 dodge, too risky and lucklaster.

2)Ambush is the only thing that we get in the end. However THE ONLY weapon that has a good ambush skill is scepter and scepter alone.The rest of the weapons are terribad with ambush.

3) Because of (2) we basically have only one option for weapons which scepter/torch/Staff. That’s it, period.

4) Axe is unreliable at best and for a spec that has zero clone generation we are forced to either get mirror images as utility or deceptive evasion from dueling traits.Clone generation from axe is bad through and through.

5) …Ambush…again. We basically trade dodges (survivability) for burst dmg. AND we have to shatter in order to get our endurance back (vigor on shatter). That mean we need strong clone generation so check (4). Meanwhile the only survivability comes from invisibility so torch is mandatory and we probably will need decoy or mass invi.

6) Lets say i roam wvw, i usually play power shatter with decoy, blink, signet of illusions. Rarely i play condi with the same utilities. There is no point to use any deception utilities over the ones above as they are miles ahead and actually synergize. I could perhaps switch signet for one shadowstep but it just shows how bad the new utilities are.

7) This feels like a condi spec through and through. Core condi mesmer already performs well in a pve scenario and condi chrono is one of the strongest classes in WvW roaming/PvP. Meanwhile power shatter is a pure tryhard build that got nerfed while Anet was trying to nerf condi chrono. Good job on that btw. Why would u give, considering the above, another condi spec that pails in comparison to the 2 i mentioned above? There is simply no point in running mirage over those 2. Instead a power spec would be much more welcome and refreshing.

(8) In order to keep up the pressure or the dps we need to keep clones alive, yet we need to shatter in order to recharge endurance or spam meaningless mirage mirrors. At the same time phantasms, a major mechanic on mesmer, are completely useless with this spec as they dont use ambush. Also why do we still have shattering with this spec….it makes zero sense and has no synergy at all.

9) As mentioned in (1) we dont get an f5, we lose clone generation, we lose defensive power (no shield,cs,alacrity, no lockdown whatsoever) and all the skills apart from scepter ambush are weak, too weak.

All in all, even core mesmer is stronger than mirage at this point, let alone chrono which is miles ahead. As it stands now there is no reason to pick mirage in any single game mode.

Anet u have one month till release, better make use of that time cause this is not looking good…..

I can’t agree more with you!

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I also agree that zoomborg is spot on with his analysis.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I just can’t believe that instead of looking at what kind of content the game has then looking at what Mesmer has and looking at what it needs, they just made a spec around the name Mirage.

Seriously not one person stopped for a second at any point in making it and went ‘What are we doing here’?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vague Memory.2817

Vague Memory.2817

The mirage instead of dodge mechanic is very hard to get used to. With a dodge you can see you are doing it, when it starts and when it ends. With mirage you can’t really see it in the thick of a fight with all the fx going off all around you. Have to rely on audio cues.

This spec doesn’t offer me anything new because it is a condi elite spec, I find condi builds boring compared to power. But there is no decent builds for power at all. Only good thing is it does have is more in-combat mobility in it.

(edited by Vague Memory.2817)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mastamaker.2957

Mastamaker.2957

I just can’t believe that instead of looking at what Mesmer has and looking at what it needs, they just made a spec around the name Mirage.

Seriously not one person stopped for a second at any point in making it and went ‘What are we doing here’?

Of all the things to be upset about, you chose the name of the elite spec? The name literally does not matter.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

I just can’t believe that instead of looking at what Mesmer has and looking at what it needs, they just made a spec around the name Mirage.

Of all the things to be upset about, you chose the name of the elite spec? The name literally does not matter.

Of all the things I wrote you chose to completly miss my point? That is not what I said.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

What Levetty means is, instead of designing a robust, clearly mechanically envisioned spec first and then naming it, they had the name first and threw a bunch of bad and random ideas together to try to make it fit that name.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adrianna.3092

Adrianna.3092

no hes saying they based mirage around the name mirage and nothing else.. they thought “desert.. oh mirages!” and did whatever they could to fit that theme no matter what even if the result is terrible.

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

What Levetty means is, instead of designing a robust, clearly mechanically envisioned spec first and then naming it, they had the name first and threw a bunch of bad and random ideas together to try to make it fit that name.

Don’t forget that mirror animation from a concept artist they just /had/ to use

Dragonbrand

in Mesmer

Posted by: darkprecure.6129

darkprecure.6129

The person you quoted said that Anet took the name “Mirage” and gave it skills they thought to be fitting for its theme, ignoring the things that the Mesmer actually needs. They should have made an effort to bring the mesmer new areas to shine instead of giving him things that he already has and what the class can do better without the new elite Specialization.

Anet just took the name “Mirage” and build everything around its name. And the results aren’t convincing enough to give up Chronomancer or Core specs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Melkiahn.6574

Melkiahn.6574

And again, every other classes have a really interesting spec in comparison to what Mesmer was granted. When I look at all the new skills that most of the new specs got, and how it feels different from the base class, I have to admit that Mirage could benefit from a complete rework…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Adrianna.3092

Adrianna.3092

the only way mirage would be viable is a complete rework.. the entire design is flawed to begin with (shattering clones hurting our damage for example and still having phantasms despite them being worse than clones for mirage)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rong.5470

Rong.5470

They should rework shatters ;o just like every specs change Guardia’s virtues, shatters kinda break mirage idea I think ;o also there is no useful traits :c ahhh I think axe shoul be ranged, melee condi sucks xD

in Mesmer

Posted by: leozar.2649

leozar.2649

I feel that mirage should be a spe based on clone and shatter skills, giving +1 clone with a minor trait and changing all phantasm skill to clone skill will give some synergy with the shatter trait and illusion alive trait. Of course you would need traits for boosting damage and survivability of clones, popping a clone each time you gain mirror cloak and at least 4s ambush windows but right now the spe is kinda underwhelming

in Mesmer

darkprecure.6129

I feel that mirage should be a spe based on clone and shatter skills, giving +1 clone with a minor trait and changing all phantasm skill to clone skill will give some synergy with the shatter trait and illusion alive trait. Of course you would need traits for boosting damage and survivability of clones, popping a clone each time you gain mirror cloak and at least 4s ambush windows but right now the spe is kinda underwhelming

Anet could separate Clone- and Phantasm-Slots on Mirage. 3 Slots free for Clones and one slot for an additional Phantasm. The Phantasm wouldn’t shatter but stay behind until it dies or gets overwritten by another Phantasm.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gomes.5643

Gomes.5643

The whole mesmer class has a flawed design and should be redone from scratch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

“Hey, guys. You know those elite specs you’ve been working on for the past 2 years? Yeah, well someone on the forms is complaining that they don’t like it so I’m gonna need you do do the whole thing over m’kay? Also, we ship in a month. Have fun!”

Fishsticks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

I’d have preferred something that replaces shatters as well.
I like the whole idea of Mirage but it’s just a big mess right now.

Same. It felt as if the idea was to keep illusions around, since they do ambushes and all. And pile on the power that way.

But in the end, it’s just an inferior baseline mesmer. The weapon is weapon than our base weapons, the utility skills are weaker than core skills, the “mechanic” is frankly ignorable, just cast another auto-attack and you’re good.

The only thing I like, thematically, is the removed dodge-movement. Yes Mirage Cloak is a weaker dodge, but that’d be a quite interesting restriction to design a spec around. If, you know, said spec is actually very very strong. Not weaker than the core spec.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

Posted by: leozar.2649

leozar.2649

Anet could separate Clone- and Phantasm-Slots on Mirage. 3 Slots free for Clones and one slot for an additional Phantasm. The Phantasm wouldn’t shatter but stay behind until it dies or gets overwritten by another Phantasm.

I was thinking of giving more damage and survivability to clone so they can compete with phantasm and adding one more for the synergy with shatter and ambush so phantasm will be unneeded on this spe.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zoomborg.9462

zoomborg.9462

“Hey, guys. You know those elite specs you’ve been working on for the past 2 years? Yeah, well someone on the forms is complaining that they don’t like it so I’m gonna need you do do the whole thing over m’kay? Also, we ship in a month. Have fun!”

They were also working on leg armor for 2 years. See how that turned out. Difference is that this is the reason u do an open beta. To test stuff and get feedback. It’s always better to tweak and change stuff b4 the content is officially shipped rather than do it after and face a lot more grief. IMO this beta should have happened, if possible, much earlier so that there is enough time for meaningful feedback and changes. One month is simply too short to make anything happen……

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

I was thinking of giving more damage and survivability to clone so they can compete with phantasm and adding one more for the synergy with shatter and ambush so phantasm will be unneeded on this spe.

Frankly it’s lame that the game is 5 years old now, and we never got a rework of how clones and phantasms work.

Because yeah, either, clones should do actual damage an in return phantasms are just removed without replacement, or as the quoted guy said, phantasm is a fourth type of illusion which is separate from the shatterable clones.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

in Mesmer

darkprecure.6129

Frankly it’s lame that the game is 5 years old now, and we never got a rework of how clones and phantasms work.

Because yeah, either, clones should do actual damage an in return phantasms are just removed without replacement, or as the quoted guy said, phantasm is a fourth type of illusion which is separate from the shatterable clones.

Clones actually did nice damage during the first beta weekend(s ?) in 2012. They just changed it because they thought it would make Mesmer too strong. I just wish Anet would bring this back into the game.

And the separation between Clone- and Phantasm-Slots was a suggestion that I read before Anet changed the way how Clone generation would overwrite the Phantasms (it overwrote always the oldest Illusion, no matter its type) even if there were other Clones out.

(edited by darkprecure.6129)

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

There are a lot of things that the mesmer lost that would have been useful on this spec: clone on death or clones doing damage. Either are interesting concepts to build an elite spec around. A stationary dodge mechanic with no dodge support was not a good idea.

Daredevil is the perfect example. They nerfed acrobatics and gave a lot of those ability to Daredevil. They based Daredevil on dodges, but gave them everything they needed to use dodges effectively. Plenty of ways to build up endurance. And extra dodge. And reasonable offensive and defensive abilities using dodge. Hell, replacing the Mirage trait lines with the Daredevil trait lines would be a huge improvement.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

Clones actually did nice damage during the first beta weekend(s ?) in 2012. They just changed it because they thought it would make Mesmer too strong. I just wish Anet would bring this back into the game.

And the separation between Clone- and Phantasm-Slots was a suggestion that I read before Anet changed the way how Clone generation would overwrite the Phantasms (it overwrote always the oldest Illusion, no matter its type) even if there were other Clones out.

Wait, what? clones used to be able to do damage? if so then did the dev increase our damage to compensate for the nerf of clones? If not then this explain a lot of things.

in Mesmer

Carighan.6758

Wait, what? clones used to be able to do damage? if so then did the dev increase our damage to compensate for the nerf of clones? If not then this explain a lot of things.

They didn’t, the whole point was that a Thief died in PvP, so they had to fix that.

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

I’ve tried to be objective and enjoy my experience but after observation, it’s really not practical, and I just can’t deny that. Like Mirage, scavenging for mirrors that are scarce and in the line of fire in the middle of a fight, while trying to melee. I think the melee dueling would be cool if there were actually enough controlled, timed mirage triggers, such that each time a Mirage is actually attacked, they get to respond, and counter attack with ambush, and then the whole deception with clones, that could’ve been the theory but it doesn’t work that way, we can’t even pursue some classes using this spec as it stands without going with more traditional builds, but then again, we already have sword 2, blocks, distortion, dodges, chrono – the current spec, doesn’t give us a better chance at anything. And like okay, some of us like the new elite skill Jaunt, but it has a range of 400, yes you can balance it with an increase, but what does the core concept do? It’s a leap with confusion and condi cleanse, what does this have to do with the whole mirage/mirror concept? It’s a waste of an elite skill and doesn’t synergize with the whole thing. The clones also don’t do that much work, even with ambush attacks in a real fight where a real player actually will get out of the way. And shouldn’t deception make use of our current stealth abilities? The whole spec and its entire concept just isn’t effective or wrapped up as a whole practically. The whole thing is: Mirage evasions, counter attack with ambush, and hoping clones look more confusing bc they also do the ambush? Does that really give anything to the class from what we can already do with other builds? Heck people get enough confused as is with my constant stealthing and clones and the way i run at them lol, for me Mirage hasn’t added anything different and certainly isn’t fleshed out enough.

If clone deception is the focus, then we should have clones in random positions around us that run with us mirroring our movements, so they can’t really pick the right target maybe? If mirage evasion is the focus during a fight, then we need enough dodges, and easy way to access the mirrors and trigger when needed. Otherwise these two things are both gimmicks right now

in Mesmer

Posted by: zomgbuffalo.5276

zomgbuffalo.5276

RIP Mirage 2017-2017

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stacwad.8250

Stacwad.8250

I think it’s pretty fun and cool.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

They didn’t, the whole point was that a Thief died in PvP, so they had to fix that.

So since 2012 mesmer has been gutted and nothing was done? Is this the reason why mesmer has the lowest dps? The dev still believe mesmer has high dps since 2012?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mastamaker.2957

Mastamaker.2957

My god every profession subforum has a massive victim complex

in Mesmer

Posted by: Roda.7468

Roda.7468

They were also working on leg armor for 2 years. See how that turned out. Difference is that this is the reason u do an open beta. To test stuff and get feedback. It’s always better to tweak and change stuff b4 the content is officially shipped rather than do it after and face a lot more grief. IMO this beta should have happened, if possible, much earlier so that there is enough time for meaningful feedback and changes. One month is simply too short to make anything happen……

Unfortunately this isn’t a beta, it’s a demo. I don’t think they have any intention on revising anything.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

how do alpha and pre-beta testers not report these as faulty designs to get them revisited?
even if this is beta, they’re still getting a lot of feedback on why this is so flawed with detailed information

Thief really early on in development went through an overhaul, because they received feedback early on

like, how did nobody “early on” testing the mirage ever take a look at those mirrors, realize how bad they are, and report it so they understand what’s wrong with them

these are mechanically terrible, there is no reason to have a reactionary mechanic such as i-frames to be based on having to walk over to an item on the ground, it turns it into an offense bonus from Ambush skills only, which will already lower the total time attacking because we have to run over to the mirror in the first place with the new melee weapon we got

it’s… just trash
mirrors are either a defense, or an offense, but it fails to be either

even if it takes them a while after release, it should definitely be addressed

developers ask for feedback, they get their feedback
the least they can do is attempt to listen

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

Yes, there are a lot of melodramatic responses on every class forum (including this one). The problems experienced by most of the new elite specs stem from bugs or can be addressed with some number adjustments. Its small tweaks and tuning.

The problem with Mirage is at a conceptual level. We’re one month away from release, what we’re seeing is supposed to be what we’re getting… Adjusting some numbers isn’t going to cut it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

how do alpha and pre-beta testers not report these as faulty designs to get them revisited?
even if this is beta, they’re still getting a lot of feedback on why this is so flawed with detailed information

Thief really early on in development went through an overhaul, because they received feedback early on

like, how did nobody “early on” testing the mirage ever take a look at those mirrors, realize how bad they are, and report it so they understand what’s wrong with them

these are mechanically terrible, there is no reason to have a reactionary mechanic such as i-frames to be based on having to walk over to an item on the ground, it turns it into an offense bonus from Ambush skills only, which will already lower the total time attacking because they have to run over to the mirror in the first place with the new melee weapon we got

it’s… just trash
mirrors are either a defense, or an offense, but it fails to be either

even if it takes them a while after release, it should definitely be addressed

developers ask for feedback, they get their feedback
the least they can do is attempt to listen

watch wp stream :“ mirage is overtuned ” for 3 clones dps with 3 traits line on golem
thats your typical tester

in Mesmer

Posted by: bearshaman.3421

bearshaman.3421

Tried it out a bit… it makes me feel stupid. Like I feel like it has to be awesome, and I just can’t figure out how to make it work. Maybe it’s me, maybe it’s Mirage. I dunno….

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

I just can’t believe that instead of looking at what kind of content the game has then looking at what Mesmer has and looking at what it needs, they just made a spec around the name Mirage.

Yea, this stung quite a bit. The other specs were designed around the functionality they wanted to give the core classes. Mirage was literally designed around a name. And it tells. The overall theme is strong, but the execution is weak.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Meowmageddon.1023

Meowmageddon.1023

Almost everyone is saying this about their preferred classes. Honestly.. it’s a preview, I’m sure they’ll make little changes but nothing huge, like scrapping it all. Everyone is like.. it just does damage scrap it. It doesn’t do this, scrap it. It’s crap, scrap it.

I honestly don’t believe any of the new specs will be better than what we have now.

in Mesmer

bearshaman.3421

“mirage cloak is overall worse than a normal dodge”
Whoever agrees with this ^ should uninstall.

Not worse, but not better. just different.

It’s strictly better.

A lot of people use the dodge rolls to get out of AOEs. mirage cloak doesn’t help there.

in Mesmer

bearshaman.3421

Almost everyone is saying this about their preferred classes. Honestly.. it’s a preview, I’m sure they’ll make little changes but nothing huge, like scrapping it all. Everyone is like.. it just does damage scrap it. It doesn’t do this, scrap it. It’s crap, scrap it.

I honestly don’t believe any of the new specs will be better than what we have now.

I know at least two of the specs are support specs and people are trying to use them to get top tier damage, and other people had to step in and say “HEY! it’s a SUPPORT spec!!!” (Firebrand and Scourge specifically).

So I’ve been trying to figure out what they specs are good for, not what people want them to be good for. And that’s proving difficult.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daharahj.1325

Daharahj.1325

“mirage cloak is overall worse than a normal dodge”
Whoever agrees with this ^ should uninstall.

Not worse, but not better. just different.

It’s strictly better.

A lot of people use the dodge rolls to get out of AOEs. mirage cloak doesn’t help there.

The benefits far outweigh the negatives.

in Mesmer

Posted by: martin.1653

martin.1653

you can move with superspeed when using mirage cloak. I’m no expert but I’d say it’s about the same distance travelled as roll. Also, there’s that small tiny itsy bitsy thing that you can cast when using this evade and choose to stand still. But sure, it’s not better than roll. Just… different. Yup.

in Mesmer

Posted by: musu.9205

musu.9205

you can move with superspeed when using mirage cloak. I’m no expert but I’d say it’s about the same distance travelled as roll. Also, there’s that small tiny itsy bitsy thing that you can cast when using this evade and choose to stand still. But sure, it’s not better than roll. Just… different. Yup.

you are not an expert
but you dont have to be this lazy with empty words like "id say xx is same distance " in your own head .

truth is it is not same . and you can only move forward for benefit from superspeed .

in Mesmer

Posted by: Colly.4073

Colly.4073

It isn’t going to happen!

They sold us all this kittene and we fell for it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

you are not an expert
but you dont have to be this lazy with empty words like "id say xx is same distance " in your own head .

truth is it is not same . and you can only move forward for benefit from superspeed .

The math works out. Superspeed is 400 units a second, so in 3/4 of a second you can go 300 units forward. Dodge rolling travels 300 units. So at least if you are moving forward when you dodge and keep moving forward, you would travel teh same distance. Its a shame this doesn’t work while moving backwards or sideways though, that should be looked into.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Yes, there are a lot of melodramatic responses on every class forum (including this one). The problems experienced by most of the new elite specs stem from bugs or can be addressed with some number adjustments. Its small tweaks and tuning.

The problem with Mirage is at a conceptual level. We’re one month away from release, what we’re seeing is supposed to be what we’re getting… Adjusting some numbers isn’t going to cut it.

Yeah agreed – while there is the usual general moaning for each class, Mirage is not built on a functional foundation so simple number buffs aren’t going to fix it.