(Story help) Mesmer vs Elementalist

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Sup guys.

I have the draft for one of my stories (Featuring Gasmic) posted up and was hoping to get some help/criticism tweaking it before the final copy is done. If you see anything youd change, improve, or particularly like please let me know.

Mesmer versus Elementalist

3 gold to the first person who can point out all the Mesmer skills/traits displayed. 2 mmore gold for the Ele skills. =P

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I don’t have time to point out all the skills but I can say I really enjoyed reading it! You should go a Mesmer vs. Mesmer or thief sometime. That would be so cool. Also, I think Gasmic lost because eles aren’t like super nerfed right now or anything

Edit: clean your inbox pretty please <3

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

(edited by Warlord of Chaos.7845)

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

Gasmic does lose against Mesmer.
As a Mesmer who’s killed him, I can attest to this fact.

Dragonbrand

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Glad you enjoyed it! And yeah, Mesmer versus Thief (or more specifically Ranger versus Thief) is definitely on my radar.

I’m hoping Gasm and I get our rematch when Eles get buffed. I’d be happy to add more peoples’ characters into future stories.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lemuux.2057

Lemuux.2057

Really good! keep it up!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ptolemy.5086

Ptolemy.5086

Glad you enjoyed it! And yeah, Mesmer versus Thief (or more specifically Ranger versus Thief) is definitely on my radar.

I’m hoping Gasm and I get our rematch when Eles get buffed. I’d be happy to add more peoples’ characters into future stories.

Ranger versus thief is a very short story.
Clickclickclick stomp. The end.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

@Lemuux: Ty!

@Ptolemy: Rangers can’t be that bad! Besides, fortunately for me I’m not stuck worrying about game balance when I’m writing. (Gasmic lightning flashed like 4 times in that story)

Also, does anyone here have a ranger alt I could interview/use for the story? Screenshots or anything? I’d rather use one of the people here in our forum before I galavant off to the rangers’ section.

in Mesmer

Ptolemy.5086

Yes they can:). Not coz every ranger is a bad player. Class mechanics makes ranger very easy target for thief in WvW 1v1 fights.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

3 gold to the first person who can point out all the Mesmer skills/traits displayed. 2 mmore gold for the Ele skills. =P

Ele :
ride the lightning
Burning speed
Updraft
Magnetic grasp (not sure if this is accurate but did the ele use this skill to hold the Mesmers sword is place. You used the word “magnetism” In This sentence : “He twisted his wrist to try and free one of his swords but quickly realized that Gasmic was subtly using magnetism to keep his daggers locked.”
Lightning attunement
Fire attunement
Earth attunement
Drakes breath
Ring of fire
Lightning touch
Shocking aura
Glyph of lesser elemental or glyph of elements
Lightning flash
Lightning whip
Earthquake
Churning earth
Armor of earth

Mez :
Decoy
Blink
Phantasmal swordsman
Mantra of distraction
Mind slash
Mirror images
Mass invis ? (How did the mesmer stay in stealth so long?
Dibilating dissipation
Shatters skill: mind wrack
Mantra of distraction : power lock

^
All the mesmer and ele skills and traits displayed.

Nice short story. It was very entertaining

(edited by Chaos.3579)

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Anddd we have a winner! That’s awesome Chaos, and ty for the kind words. I still haven’t forgotten your cliffside suggestion either, just looking for a right time to implement it. Btw, if you have a screenshot of your Mes and link to your build I’d be happy to implement them.

As for the questions, you gotta remember that since this isn’t constricted to game balance, different Mesmer would be able to use their abilities to different magnitudes. More powerful Mesmer could stealth longer than others, Blink/Mirror Images more often, ect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

You want other classes to square off against, feel free to hit me up when I’m ingame. Gods know unless I’m in WvW or handling Missions, I’m certainly bored enough to give it a whirl.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Awesome, are you good with a Ranger? I definitely wanna incorporate one in my next story.

in Mesmer

Advent.6193

I’d call myself “reasonable.” I run a condi-bunker spec (modified Phantom Catmaster, if yer familiar with that one) with S/D, dual-Axes.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos.3579

Chaos.3579

Anddd we have a winner! That’s awesome Chaos, and ty for the kind words. I still haven’t forgotten your cliffside suggestion either, just looking for a right time to implement it. Btw, if you have a screenshot of your Mes and link to your build I’d be happy to implement them.

As for the questions, you gotta remember that since this isn’t constricted to game balance, different Mesmer would be able to use their abilities to different magnitudes. More powerful Mesmer could stealth longer than others, Blink/Mirror Images more often, ect.

ty for having this little contest. it was easy as i play all the class’s and mesmer and ele are 2 of my favorites(although Mesmer is my FAVORITE of them all). so it was easy to recognize all of skills as they were described. anyway here is a pick(at bottom) of my character “The King of Chaos”
although if you want to implement my character in to the story perhaps simply having my name be “Chaos” would be better. although i guess i would prefer the formality of “King Chaos”. not to say i am snooty. instead i would think that i wanted my character to be noble by title :P

as for my build
http://gw2skills.net/editor/?vgAQNAsdRlknpMtlqxRNcrNic6B0tcTHJFtWqVSBvdhA-z0BBYfCiUEA0HRMzsIaslhFRjVXDT5iIqOAACwELxSciBm4En4En4E76SciTciTMA-w

i switch utility all the time depending on what i am fighting(such as switching nullfield for arcane theivery(fun)) although for the most part i keep the utility in the build shown as default.

overall my character’s personality is very noble, calm, collected, sharp to a point yet very flexible to situations, more of a pacifist to anything, and does not like groups but rather likes to walk alone. and most importantly has the aura and feeling of silver.
i rather like silver because its not a color and its directly between the shade white and black. in other words its a pure color which i think really reflects his soul in the eyes (why i went with silver )

also to note i am almost done with my twilight (just need a few tier 6 mats and dusk really) and i really think that twilight will complete my characters look and personality.
also twilight being the center point of darkness and light has a very interesting bond with chaos which is the anarchy like combination of opposites such as light and dark. also its somewhat of a alter ego as twilight is somewhat dark while my charecter is very bright and silvery. which is why i find such a bond with twilight as my soon to be signature weapon.
besides gs though i use anomaly and the fractal 1h sword(loved the silver as it matches my eyes)
i wanted sword focus because i wanted my character to be a 1handed swordsman when not using his GS and because i did not want my character holding anything in his other hand i used anomaly which really fitted that desire( although i wish anomaly was silver :/ )

anyway gl with your story. here is the pic

Attachments:

(edited by Chaos.3579)

in Mesmer

Ptolemy.5086

Here is my girl.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Ptolemy.5086

And one more from last days of piece in LA
She looks like a redheaded angel but her biggest pleasure is to jump up and down on dead enemies corpses

Attachments:

(edited by Ptolemy.5086)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

That was amazing :D

You actually have no idea how much I waited for another story. Ghe mesmer vs guardian story was… Addicting!

I’m actually reading thie in the middle of the nighht, on my mobile, so I probably won’t be much help… But I have 2 comments anyway.

When someonr cuts to your legs, it’s very easy to dodge backwards. That is, because attacking the legs gives you a much shorter range than attacking something on the same height as your shoulder.

Also, in that particular scene, there was no practical reason to use 2 swords at once (even though i looks really cool). Aeoldyn would be better of with attacking with one, and guarding with the other.

Jumping in melee combat… Is a pretty bad idea :P. Atleast in real life. If Gasmic dodged backwards, but leaned his upper body forwards, he could cut Aeol’s throat at the exact same time his sword reached his legs (which are out of reach). Addiionally, if Aeol only used one sword to attack, he could parry the dagger with his other sword and try to counter attack. Then Gasmic could stab Aeol in the side or some place with the handhe has left, and gets a free moment of twisting it and stuff, untill Aeol recovers with his other sword, that missed the legs.

I feel like that could make a pretty cool scene… And imo a little bit more physical trauma in fight stories is always a good thing :D

Anyway, that’s just my experience with ->realistic<- swordfighting. The story was already amazing :D. Whenever I add combat to something I write (can hardly call those monstrosities a story) it tends to get repetitive, and boring :/. This is actually my way of saying how awesome you are :P. You had me on the edge of my chair (or rather, awake, while I should be sleeping) for the whole time <( ^ – ^ )>

Whenever someone slashes at my legs, I actually silently do an evil laugh in my mind… As my sword smashes into their skull/throat x.x
Well, that does happen, but without the actual injury/death :p

Oh, and my second point was… How do you promounce Aeoldyn? I’ll just go with ay-oldyn for now, it’s much easier to read :P

Edit: I type too much. Oh, and I forgot to mention how much of a writing failure I feel compared to you :P. I actually did write a short story last friday, and people thought it was pretty good… Well, if I were to show them this one, they’d be completely blown away :P

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

(edited by Alissah.9281)

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

@ Alissah I think its like owl-din (like din-ner sound and ofc the owl animal). That’s a great question though haha

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Holy crap ty Alissah! You gave me a lot to think about, and now I’m considering picking up a book or two about the fundamentals of weapon combat… You sound like you’re speaking from experience, do you fence?

And the name Aeoldyn comes from the god of wind Aeolus: pronounced Eye-old-in.

@Chaos / Ptolemy: I’d be honored to insert your characters into one of my GW stories.

Attachments:

in Mesmer

Alissah.9281

I read websites about the fundementals, how it was done in history etc. I watch youtube videos where they show certain techniques, and what real sparring looks like.

But I don’t have a sparring partner, and even if I had one, I literally have 0 money to spend on practice weapons + armor.

… So I’m limited to practicing in Lucid Dreams, where everything is free, and people are always willing to throw themselves at me and be used as a training dummy :D. (Not that they just stand there and do nothing… More often than not they actually own my face :’C).

I wouldn’t say I’m an expert or something, but I’m definitely not a total beginner :P. I’ve never really held a sword in reality, but someday, when I’m not poor, I will :D.

Mind over matter. It’s why I chose Mesmer!

edit: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=E183mRiml7E they use steel swords here, and the sound they make is amazing :3.
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=EL5NIyP6vSM here they spar 1-handed. Another con about reality, I’m physically… Literally unable to use a sword 2-handed effectively :’(.

(edited by Alissah.9281)

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

You are so cute Alissah. haha

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Alissah.9281

You are so cute Alissah. haha

Thank you!

… I guess :o?

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

of course.
/15 char.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: ToaLux.6478

ToaLux.6478

Chaos, that was SO much fun to read

I’m pretty sure I shivered at least once from the intensity. Just seeing the game I love brought to life so vividly… well, it’s truly something special.

Thank you so much for writing this, and may you continue to write more of this awesomeness in the future!

Fil(l)aen ~ Ranger/Mesmer ~ SAO ~ GoM
The Orange Asura with the Sun Kite

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wasbunny.6531

Wasbunny.6531

Brilliant!!!!!!!!!!!

~An intellectual says a simple thing in a hard way. An artist says a hard thing in a simple way.~

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mash Hog.5672

Mash Hog.5672

Never imagined I’d have story so well written about me
I’m so impressed by your writing style

Lets have a rematch soon
Maybe this time I’ll use S/D

Gasmic > Mic Gazzy
Leader of [GASM] #ELEtism
(Retired) Commander [2500+ tPvP Matches Won]

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Ty all! =D That fight was a slight portion of a larger story I aim to wrap up by the end of the week (or today, ideally.) I’d happily send it to anyone who’d be interested in reading it

in Mesmer

Alissah.9281

Ty all! =D That fight was a slight portion of a larger story I aim to wrap up by the end of the week (or today, ideally.) I’d happily send it to anyone who’d be interested in reading it

I ’m interested :D

in Mesmer

Posted by: WitchKing.5317

WitchKing.5317

I’d love to read the next part of the story also

This one was great, I love reading these as they are really good pieces of writing.
The story was really captivating because of the hints at traits and builds, making it much more engaging and realistic to people who play the game. They can relate to certain attributes and qualities of not only a characters personality and fighting style, but also the links made to the game itself. This aspect of the story imo could always be dramatized and built upon (builds, traits, etc) making it easier for players to recognize these things and overall make for a more immersive read.
Great job again Chaos, can’t wait for the next one

Fanged Wisdom- [BBQ]/[OMFG]
The Corrupt Mesmer Builds

in Mesmer

Alissah.9281

I should be making homework, but I decided to bump this instead

It’s pretty awesome, maybe people are still interested :D

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Ironically, the day you bumped this is the same day I finished up the entire story. I’m working through final edits/changes now and will be sending it out to those who requested.

I did NOT expect it to come out to 25+ pages. o_O It’ll be posted in the fanfic forum though.

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

@Lemuux: Ty!

@Ptolemy: Rangers can’t be that bad! Besides, fortunately for me I’m not stuck worrying about game balance when I’m writing. (Gasmic lightning flashed like 4 times in that story)

Also, does anyone here have a ranger alt I could interview/use for the story? Screenshots or anything? I’d rather use one of the people here in our forum before I galavant off to the rangers’ section.

@Chaos: To write story about fight between ranger vs thief from a 3rd perspective, you gonna need high-speed motion capture camera and stealth-detection goggles, naked eyes will miss most of the action.
Kidding aside, I would love to see such a story of their fight that really reflect the very nature of both classes: speed. =)

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Ty! keenlam!

And to those whom I e-mailed the final version to.. I found atleast 3 errors after I sent it. x_x Gah, Ima try to put it up in parts in the fan-gen section though.

in Mesmer

Advent.6193

Errors are part of the process. Even the “pros” have editors for a reason. Fun stuff, though.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Andd just to let yall know, the full story is up in the fan-gen section under the title “Mind of the Mentalist”

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I really enjoyed reading this story. I think you could be a really amazing author with that talent.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.