[Suggestion] Mesmer Changes

in Mesmer

Posted by: FJSAMA.2867

FJSAMA.2867

Introduction:

At this point no one should have any doubt that chronomancer is mandatory for mesmers that want to play at mid/high level of competitivity in any game mode mostly because chronomancer fixes some mesmer deficits and less “accurate” mechanics that are present and part of mesmer identity. Dumb AI (greatly improved by superspeed on shatter for that matter), shatter/phantasm uptime duality (elegantly “band-aid-ed” by chronophantasma), low movement speed/swiftness access and a unique utility, strong enough to make mesmer desirable (because everything mesmer could do, other classes could do better and with less sacrifices). Now we have alacrity and significant quickness uptime.

So this topic will serve to propose changes for some useless/lacking skills/traits thats present in mesmer but also for a different approach in already used but boring traits.

QoL/mechanics changes:

• Phantasm weapon skills should have 2 tooltip boxes – One for weapon skill itself, the part of summoning the phantasm with it cd/cast times, range and other mechanincs – see leap finisher on swordsman summoning-; and another tooltip for skills used by those phantasms – damages, cd/cast times and other mechanincs (like leap/whirl finishers of evade/projetile blocks/bounces/boons etc). And this phantasm skills tooltip box values should get updated dynamicaly like other skills (damage with might/traits, attack CD with Phantasmal Haste traits, etc). At present we have one tooltip mixed with some of both, not only we are missing a ton of important data but can also lead to confusion. (Example: http://i.imgur.com/N1qYYfZ.png)
  • Phantasmal summoning weapon skills should get its cast time normalized. We have 3 weapons with 3/4s cast time and other 3 with 1s cast time. It makes it simple and easier to keep track and the feeling of how long that time is in your self-conscient and reduce the cases of auto-interrupt the summoning time with dodge/other skills (like healing skill). So i propose to normalize all this casts to same time (be it 3/4s or 1s).
    Phantasmal summoning utility skills have exagerated (1 1/2s cast) time when the phantasm themselves already have cast time/ranges rules to follow of their own skills.
    I propose reduced summoning time from 1 1/2s to 1s.
  • Phantasms also get affected by +% dmg modifiers applied on mesmer. Its very frustating having like 70% of mesmer dps on phantasms and then moddifiers from sigils/runes/traits not work on phantasms… Its already bad not using shatters to preserve the single target sustained dps from phantasms and then any +% dmg, lets say, from force sigil, not affecting our biggest dps source its very bad.
  • Projectiles that bounce should be able to bounce to already hitted targets just like GS#2 and Staff#1 across the board. Simple and consistent and reducing the less optimal effects this skills have (rng bounce, less player controlled “aoe effect”).
    (Talking about torch phantasm, disenchanter phantasm and pistol#5 for ex.)

Weapon skills:

• Sword Autoattack: (chain #1 and #2) should have its coeficients bumped to 0.7 or 0.8 (like other sword classes, guardian thief revenant…) and making its chain shorter like recently in thief sword (increasing its attack speed). Not only would give sword “more sustained dmg” but also more often/faster boon strip. Mesmer sustain damage is the lowest. And we are talking about the hightest dps autochain in mesmer weapon repository.
  • Mind Stab: a skill with this dmg and that immobs you in place during cast, should do more than just removing 1 boon. I would make it remove 2 boons or 1 boon from foes and 1 condi from allies. Cooldown could be further adjusted from 12 to 15s if that presents balance problems (i doubt).
  • Magic Bullet: (Pistol #5) First i will just highlight point #4 from QoL/Mechanincs section. Then bumping its dmg wouldn’t hurt since this is a damage oriented off-hand weapon( 1.5 coeficient dmg, i would say, even if just the 1st bullet, not the bounces.), then this skill should apply all the remain effects on last target (when no remaining target available to keep bouncing)
    For example it would apply all 4 bounces conditions/effects to the same target when used single-targetly (without no other foes nearby to proc bounces).

Utility Skills:

• Null Field: It its current state its too much penalizing. It misses a “burst” effect or a better “constant” effect. Yes it can possibly remove 5 condi/5 boons. But it removes them during 5s AND on that specific area. In 5s too much things/movement happens. Its a “drop you aoes/condis here” flag. Also enemy can block/evade/blind null field pulses or simple step out of it.
    It could do smthg like remove 3condi/2boons on casted area(when you set it on the ground or1st pulse) and then proceed normally, or having faster pulses (decreasing field lifetime). Just few ideas.
    Also what about making it pulses unbockable/non evadable?
  • Arcane Thievery: Even after CD reduction this skill is frustating.. It fails too often, it has a huge aftercast delay, we cant rely on it to be a condi clear skill. And the reason is simple… If we dont have a target on valid terms to send the conditions to, they wont be removed from self… So a simple cast without a target, out-of-range target, obstructed target, evading target is enough to make the skill go on CD and nothing happens.
    I just wish the condis could be removed no matter what (offensive part/target state condition) and then the offensive part (sending them to enemy and stealing boons) yes, actually need a target in good terms to land… If its impossible to do then just make it smthg like elementalist Cleansing Fire: “Cure three conditions and steal 3 boons from your target”.. Its theoreticaly a nerf since we didnt send the condies to the target, but hey, if it doesnt fail at least it would be a reliable skill.
  • Signet of Inspiration: I always thought that the passive of this signet never gave you the desired boon.. And the timers are so low (mostly 3s-5s boons) and the boon pool is so big that it is unreliable to make use of its passive, a boon application signet.
    Thats why i choose the following suggestion to try to fix this problem, its passive now reads: “Passive: Increase boon duration (20%)” this way signet can aid in boon application by increase the time of the boons we choose to.
    (The trait that reproduces this signet active effect could get some QoL and have a trait icon on buff bar when it is off CD like other classes traits.)

Traits:

Domination:

• Imagined Burden: This trait simply doesnt work. Might on auto / clones is easy to figure… Bad auto, bad clones plus getting overwritted by phantasms. And cripple on all the rest of skills is redundant and boring.
    I would change to the following, making all skills getting a new effect instead of all getting cripple/might on auto: “All of your greatsword skills get an added effect. Reduces recharge time of greatsword skills.”.
    Auto-attack would inflict max range dmg at all ranges, gs#2 could keep inflicting cripple, gs#3 would daze for 1/4s (mini daze), gs#4 would make phantasm inflict chill instead of cripple and gs#5 become unblockable. Recharge 20%.
  • Furious Interruption: Gets its position swapped with Chaotic Transference in Chaos line. Chaotic Transference now converts thoughness to power instead of condi damage.
    (see Chaos line for FI changes)

Dueling:

• Desperate Decoy: How many times your heal got interrupted by this? And your res/stomp making you die? How many times it triggered at the wrong timings making you get the revealed effect and rending the following and timed stealth ablities useless? It brings more harm sometimes than benefits… I suggest to change this to instant non-interruptable “cast time”. Also having an icon like other classes when this trait is off-cooldown is also good to have.
  • Sharper Images: Added effect: “Additionally you(mesmer) have a 33% chance to cause bleeding on critical hits”. Its a step to make mesmer not exclusivly rely on AI (phantasms) to apply a more universal condi.
  • Fencer’s Finesse: With a long rotation (shatter/wells/tw/block/summoning phantasms, etc) we mostly solely rely on mesmer autos to stacks these ferocity stacks. And they are so short that is hard to maintain them on max stacks. They start fading away as soon as we stop autoattacking and begin with the rotations stated above making it impossible to benefit from this ferocity increase on other skills (naming wells or active phantasms) even when not using other weapon other than sword main hand!! My suggestion goes towards increasing this stacks time to 15s long or even permanent passive bonus like other classes similar traits.
  • Deceptive Evasion: With vigor and now with energy sigil nerfs this trait lost to other clone generation traits.. I would add a passive increase regeneration (50%) or making vigor effects enhanced (vigor have 100% effectiveness).
  • Harmonious_Mantras: Instead of giving a stacking damage bonus, it reduces mantras cast time, making them 1.5s cast time skills. So it becomes smthg like: “Mantras can be activated three times before needing to be channeled again. Charging a mantra is faster.”

Chaos::

• Chaotic Transference: swapped with Furious Interruption(i feel like this trait belongs to chaos, where boons are, including boons on interrupt). Furious Interruption also gives 2s Superspeed in addition to quickness.
    (see Domination line for Chaotic Transference updates)

Inspiration::

Chronomancer::

• All Wells That Ends Well: Now reads: Grants a boon associated with your well when they end. Reduces well recharge.
    Eternity grants 10s Regeneration.
    Calamity grants 3 stacks Might for 8s.
    Action grants 5s Fury
    Recall grants (additionally) 3s Alacrity
    Precognition grants 5s Vigor
    Gravity grants 5s Protection
    Recharge 10%.
  • Danger Time: Gain increased ferocity while under the effects of Quickness. (+250). Gain additional critical-hit change against slowed enemies (10%)
  • Improved Alacrity: (PvE-only) “Alacrity applied by you lasts longer.”
    In pve, chronomancer is a support class. Alacrity uptime is measured on allied mates and not on self. This would make things more interesting and less redundant since chrono already have another source for self alacrity uptime (Flow of Time).

It’s all for now. I think its a step in a better Mesmer experience.
Feel free to comment on my changes and let me hear yours.

Edit: Removed Ether Clone / Feedback suggestions since they were introduced with 26th Jan. Patch.
Edit2: removed sword block suggestion. It got some love on 19th April patch. Still it could get it “teleport”-on-counter block deleted, makes movement odd and can be harmfull like falling off platforms. It could also function like ranger gs/ warrior sword block. Continuous blocking if target is out of range to its counter (>900 range for this skill).
Edit3: Removed Mantra of Concentration, Mirror Images, increased burning from torch phantasm and additional mechanic when casting utility slotted phantasms since they got introduced in July 26th update

(edited by FJSAMA.2867)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coxy.5269

Coxy.5269

While I do like the sound of a few of these changes, I have to disagree with the idea of leaving chrono alone and buffing the core mesmer trait lines. The issue is that any buff to core mesmer is then a buff to chrono, because they can simply take those trait lines/weapons etc.

The only way levelling the playing field between core and HoT specs are through nerfing the HoT specific content. This doesn’t mean gutting chrono, but making it similar in strength to mesmer without the chrono traitline.

Suggestions:

Moving Time Marches On to domination. I remember reading this a while back. This would buff ‘power shatter’ builds while nerfing chrono. Maybe replace with Furious Interruption as its in theme with chrono’s time manipulation

Move Illusionary Reversion to Illusions. This would solve the core mesmer’s reliance on Deceptive Evasion. Replace with phantasmal haste?

Its a nightmare to balance, and I’ve suggested these with pvp in mind, but simply buffing core mesmer isnt the answer unfortunately.

Nyiiooxxxxxxxeeeyyyyy

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

Im sorry but as i said: “this topic will serve to propose changes for some useless/lacking skills/traits thats present in core mesmer”. Most part of this skills are the ones left in the shadow. So any “buff” as you can claim, is simply opening new oportunities/some alternatives while keeping the identity of the lines (in case of traits) and the same skills.
And more direct “buffs” (id call it balance) like sword auto chain for sustain damage matters are there to solve deficits that are still present even if you spec in chrono.

What you are doing is just a scramble on trait lines and mixing spec lines identities between each other.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

There are a lot of things I’d like to see moved/changed.

To name just a few…

Harmonious Mantras and Restorative Mantras combined. Remove the damage modified and move it to Grandmaster in Inspiration.

Blurred Inscriptions swapped with fencer’s finesse . Signets are the closest thing Mesmer has to a ‘condi utility’, so it should be moved to a trait line that actually supports that playstyle. Dom now has a better PvE DPS trait option also… everyone wins!

Phantasmal Fury replace/absorb Master Fencer. New Skill fact- Your Phantasms have Fury. Gain x seconds of Fury when you shatter a Phantasm.

I have a stomach Virus (TMI, I know…). I’ll be back later to finish my post (maybe).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Coxy.5269

Coxy.5269

Fair enough, I’m no master of balance. All i’m saying is that buffing the useless/lacking skills and traits present in core mesmer will result in chronomancer becoming stronger. It won’t result in core mesmer becoming a part of the ‘meta’, and will just make chrono even more necessary in group play.

Nyiiooxxxxxxxeeeyyyyy

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlaqueFyre.5678

BlaqueFyre.5678

Depending on what skills/ traits get reworked in core Mesmer does not inherently mean Chrono will get buffed, it all depends on interactions between all available trait lines and what is reworked, yes it can buff Chrono but it will buff the other Trait lines allowing for the possibility of better core Mesmer synergies based on what is actually reworked. I would have to sit down and actually think on what would be a good rework of some of the traits to offer any suggestions.

But just gutting the Chrono line and redistributing traits between the trait lines would harm Mesmer more than it would help.

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

Fair enough, I’m no master of balance. All i’m saying is that buffing the useless/lacking skills and traits present in core mesmer will result in chronomancer becoming stronger. It won’t result in core mesmer becoming a part of the ‘meta’, and will just make chrono even more necessary in group play.

Part of meta is different than viable alternative.
How can it be “buffing chrono” if the only spec lines that directly boost chronomancers are illusions (in pve mostly) cause shatter cd and chaos line (in pvp) cause protection/resistance and stability and the only change i made on those was illusions to fill the exclusion of one trait and giving other that already exists/existed?
Also, if you think its fair that buffing mesmer useless or not line synergyzing traits is bufing chrono( you seem to have an identity problem since all we see is chrono but chrono is not mesmer but part of it) is also fair to assume chrono is lacking everything that mesmer lacks (sustain dmg, self boon stacking; blasts, aoe fields, less ai dependent mechanics and therefore less straightforward, etc) and so lets buff it?

(edited by FJSAMA.2867)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Angel de Lyssa.4716

Angel de Lyssa.4716

There are some changes that I find very good idea, but if it is true that there are some traits that need rework them, and some skill weapons also rework them or any little changes.

I will comment some traits and skill with the more interest that i have:

Skill Weapons

• llusionary Riposte (Sword#4): Since it is a complementary weapon, you must have a flexible and convenient in combat, especially versatile. So far, it is a weapon that simply worth for the Phantasmal Swordsman, with his jump combo and dps phantasm in each short time. But on skill 4 (Illusionary Riposte) remains very outdated, lacks a little change. I suggest this change:

Illusionary Riposte

Block incoming attacks for a short duration. If this skill full channels and had blocked any strike of your foes, can use Illusionary Riposte again in a short time for striking your foe and create an illusion.

Damage: 734
Block Duration: 2½s
Duration: 5s (Duration for use again to Illusionary Rispote if you block any your foe)
Range: 900

With this change, we have a defensive control and can decide when to answer (in a short time for activating again) without having to see the upset that your enemies guessing sure when the Illusionary Riposte answers itself.

• Counter Blade Reduce time-to activate Counter Blade (From 3/4s cast time to 1/2s cast time), and then increase the speed of the projectile for to have a big impact to interrupt with more precision.

With this change, we also have an alternative of control to interrupt, clear, would have to be used before full chaneled completed Illusionary Riposte (if you blocked some stroke) in order to use Counter Blade.

(edited by Angel de Lyssa.4716)

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Here I will discuss some ideas and changes to the following traits, I will put the trait and followed the idea suggested

Traits

Dueling

• Critical Infusion Now while you have Endurance maximum, grants + 3% critical chance, apart of gain vigor when delivering a critical hit. It makes more sense now, and good synergy for the Dueling line trait.
  • Desperate Decoy Now this trait not interrupt any action if actived while you was using any skill, similary working Last Refuge of trait Thief, otherwise, no change, because only bothered that.
  • Phantasmal Fury Now this trait grants fury (3s of fury on a interval of each 3s) to allies nearby your phantasms (In a radius of 240), aparte of your phantasms have fury (Perma fury, 10s each interval of 10s). This change also replaces the old trait “Master Fencer”.
  • Sharper Images Now this trait also to inflict bleeding on critical hits with your attacks and your skill shatters, apart of yours Illusions. Have a 33% of probability to inflict bleed (5s). It’s one more way to get a standar damage condition, relying solely on the clones is little enough.
  • Evasive Mirror Now increase 1s to 2s of Mirror after a successful evasion. Now it makes sense to avoid projectiles with this trait, intended to reflect projectile of foes.
  • Master Fencer Now this trait increases critical-hit chance per each clones that controls (increase a 3% of critical-hit chance, per each clone that controls, máximum 9%) . Gain condition damage based on your precision (13% of your precision is transform on condition damage). That trait is similary Target the Weak (Necro trait of curse) but is version for the mesmer. (One of my favorite ideas, and hopefully someday become reality <3)

Master Fencer

Increases critical-hit chance per each clones that controls. Gain condition damage based on your precision.

Critical Chance Increase: 3% (Per each clones that controls, máximum 9%)
Gain Condition Damage Based on a Percentage of Precision: 13%

• Mistrust Now this trait also inflict Confusion when you Dazing a foe in an area around them (x1 Confusion 6s), apart of whenever you interrupt a foe, also inflict confusion (x2 Confusion 6s) in an area around them. I’m sure the idea of this Trait, is to punish and threaten the enemy in masses, I like the original idea, but does not work very well in almost many game situations, therefore this change will help much the idea, and it becomes very interesting.

Mistrust

Dazing a foe also applies Confusion in an area around them. Whenever you interrupt a foe, also inflict confusion in an area around them.

x1 Confusion (6s) (When you dazing a foe)
x2 Confusion (6s) (When you interrupt a foe)
Number of Targets: 5
Radius: 240

So I have added a small change to give more versatility, according to situations, keeping your original idea. With this change, more interesting and becomes more practical, even in combat situations where it is impossible to interrupt, but inflicting Daze, your punished en masse for yours enemies.

If you think about it, with only inflict Daze on a enemy nearby other enemy, inflict Confusion in each, but addition also if you get interrupt this foe that you was inflicted Daze, would inflict more Confusion, multiply even more if you get interrupted more enemies nearby, it is very punisher and interesting. Is very very similary to skill Panic of Guild Wars 1 ((One of my other favorite ideas, and hopefully this my version of trait “Mistrust” someday become reality <3)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

I like most of the suggestions but in and of themselves they would never bring core mesmer up to the elite spec level. I really think the key to making core specs overall more in line with elites is to unfortunately nerf the elites, but I highly doubt that will happen to any great degree.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Now it comment on the trait of Domination, i think suggest some ideas, i put the trait and followed the idea suggested:

Domination

• Illusion of Vulnerability Now when you acumule 15 of Vulnerability on a foe after inflicting vulnerability, also inflict Weakness (5s), apart of when you interrupt a foe, inflict vulnerability. The effect to inflict weakness, has an internal cooldown 15s. This added helps you keep track line trait Domination, in the combat against the enemy, get rewards by accumulate to vulnerability amount on the foe now makes sense.
  • Rending Shatter Now when you acumule 15 of Vulnerability on a foe after inflicting vulnerability, also inflict Crippled (5s), apart of shatter skills inflict vulnerability on hit. The effect to inflict vulnerability has an internal cooldown 15s. This added helps you keep track line trait Domination, in the combat against the enemy, get rewards by accumulate to vulnerability amount on the foe now makes sense.
  • Blurred Inscriptions Increase the duration of “Distorcion” a 1s more (2s of Distorcion per each signet), also increase 1 clean conditions more (1 to 2 clean conditions per each signet). It makes much more sense now with this small increase. Since we can choose to go all signet build, or versatile with mantras (Mantra of Resolve) build.
  • Furious Interruption Now also grants Superspeed (1s), apart of quickness when you interrupt a foe. A small boost of adrenaline to approach the enemy very quickly during combat (with sword-one hand for example), comes very well and very helpful, especially if we choose this trait.
  • Shattered Concentration Now effect of this trait is unblockable, removing boon with shatter is unblockable ( The damage, others effect of traits remains are lockable, only is unblockable the effect of removing boons). You get the feeling that nothing good is the trait, if the enemy is invulnerable or blocking is always while you see it is full of boons, with this change it makes sense because now fulfill its function, regardless of whether or not blocks, always remove boons.
  • Imagined Burden Now whenever you or a clone uses Spatial Surge, you gain “Burden” (10s). All of your other greatsword skills inflict cripple (2s). Reduces recharge (20%) time of greatsword skills.

Imagined Burden

Whenever you or a clone uses Spatial Surge , you gain “Burden”. All of your other greatsword skills inflict cripple. Reduces recharge time of greatsword skills.

“Burden” (10s): Power 15
Crippled (2s)
Maximum Stacks: 10 (150 Power)
Recharge Reduced: 20%

With this change, the bonus of the trait “Imagined Burden” is not a boon, and can get a acumulate stack in along of the combat. Is very similar to Fencer’s Finesse. You say, as it was previously were much better because got to accumulate more than 300 of power and damage condition, yes i know, but now “Burden” have a duration of 10s and is not a boon. Damage conditions bonus is not adequate for this weapon.

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Here i will discuss some ideas and changes to the following traits of Illusions, i will put the trait and followed the idea suggested:

Illusions

• Illusionary Retribution Now when you accumulate 15 of Confusion on to foe, you get Retaliation (5s), addition increased from 3s to 5s the duration base of Confusion, because is a short duration. The effect to get Retaliation has an internal cooldown 15s. With that change makes sense to use skill Shatter trait of the line of Illusions to punish the enemy, giving an award by accumulating the amount of confusion on your foe, if the enemy hit you, this will receive double damage, by the confusion and the retaliation.
  • Compounding Power Now if you control a Phantasmal , get a double accumulate bonus (One phantasmal is a increase 5% of damage and 100 condition damage, but only for a phantasmal, does not increase more if you control two or three phantasmal) but the other clones get a little bonus (is +2% damage and +25 condition damage, in total with one phantasmal and two clones is +9% damage and 150 condition damage), if you controls two phantasm, the second phantasm get bonus how a clone (2% damage and % 25 condition damage). It makes sense to maintain a Phantasmal in combat, even with a Phantasmal and one clone, and not go crazy on destroying it faster, it is designed to be long standing phantasmal in combat.
  • Persistence of Memory Now you get Endurance (+5 of endurace per each phantasmal shattered), aparte of shattering a phantasm recharges all phantasms by a small amount (2s per each phantasm). It makes sense to choose this trait to focus on regaining our phantasmal faster and prize giving us shattered phantasm, giving recovering of endurance.
  • The Pledge Now clean 1 to 2 conditions, and when clean a conditions, you get a effect “Pledge” that increase your damage conditions (increase +25 damage conditions per each clean conditions), apart of torch skills recharge faster while you are in stealth.

The Pledge

Torch skills remove conditions. If removed some conditions with torch skills, you get effect “Pledge”. Torch skills recharge faster while you are in stealth.

Conditions Removed: 2
The Pledge “effect” (15s): +25 damage condition (Is accumulate per each clean conditions with skill torch)
Maximum Stacks: 6 (maximun is 150 damage condition)
Recharge Reduction per Pulse: 1½s
Interval: 1s

Then if not, of the “Promise”, promise is debt, now it makes sense clean conditions with torch skill, giving you a prize for each cleaning conditions, I said, I promised, the promise is debt.

• Illusionist’s Celerity Now when you summon a Phantasm , get a effect of “Celerity” (The duration is perma during in combat until the maximum stock is completed and reset, out of combat remove “Celerity” effect), if will accumulate 6 stack of “Celerity”, the next summon skill phantasm will recharges quickly, apart of reduces recharge on illusion-summoning skills (20%). This change makes it special line trait of Illusion, encourages and accelerates the synergy With the skill phantasm, especially in fighting very long, I am sure that is a great idea.
  • Maim the Disillusioned Now when you use skill shatter with this trait and accumulate 15 of Torment on foe after inflict torment, also inflict Confusion (x3 Confusion 5s), apart also shatter skills inflict torment on hit. The effect to inflict Confusion, has an internal cooldown 15s. If before, this trait depressed to the foe, with this change, more depressed and punish the enemy much stronger if their conditions are not clean early. How many times have we seen this enemy That with a stack 10 of torment or little more, and laughs in my face, and not dies, with this change, we can laughs of him.
  • Phantasmal Haste Now with this trait you can summon phantasm more a 20% more faster, but addition the phantasm get Quickness (3s) and Superspeed (3s) when appears after you summoned, besides then Phantasms attack more often (20%). With this change, this trait does her role, giving quickly and superspeed on the phantasm.
  • Shattered Strength Now when you use skill shatter with this trait and accumulate 15 of Might, you get Unblockable effect (x2 stack attack 5s), apart also shatter skills apply might on you per each hit The effect to get Unblockable, has an internal cooldown 15s. Another synergy for this trait, if we choose to choose this trait, it is because we want more power and a more offensive tactic in direct damage.
  • Master of Misdirection
    Now every time that you inflict confusion on your foes, get one accumulate effect of “Misdirection”, when you accumulate 25 or more effect “Misdirection”, it reset and recharge 10s second more fastest all your skill shatters. Addition of Confusion you inflict lasts longer (33%). Reduces recharge of shatter skills (15%). This change makes the skill shatter more practical, especially in the line trait of Illusions, it makes more sense and synergy.
  • Malicious Sorcery Now the increased Attack Speed 15% is permanent, regardless if you have put the trait or not, now while you wear a scepter, appears on your interface a icon effect “wickedness” (is permanent while you wear a scepter with this trait, independently si estas en combat or no) is a effect unique that modifies the conditions Confusion that “Increase your damage Confusion” chance every few seconds. This bonus is reset when yours foes confused active any skill." (Multiple x5 of normal damage each second, each second a multiplication sum until the x5, if the foe activate any skill, the effect reset and again new, from zero multiplier to again reach x5). Apart of reduces recharge on scepter skills (20%).

Malicious Sorcery

While you wields a scepter, get a effect “wickedness” that your Confusion does more damage on foes confused that not activate any skill on along time. Reduces recharge on scepter skills.

Damage of Confusion increase: 2%
Interval: 1s
Máximun Stacks: 5 (10% increase, +2% per each second while not active any skill)
Combat Only

This is one of my best ideas suggested, it is really I want you to put some day, have a lot of synergy, PvP, PvE, also combines well if the enemy will activate a skill and you can interrupt it, because it does not count as activated as it interrumpistes. Moreover, the trait is very similar Maniacal Persistence but the mesmer version and Wastrel’s Demise.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jacob.4280

Jacob.4280

I like the OP.
The things Angel de Lyssa writes are not bad, but are more a boost than a ballance, thus I dont like them that much as the OP, which is more of a ballance to unused things than a boost to already good ones.

1 thing I dont like in the OP is the Mimic change in utility section:
Mimic: I would reduce the CD of this skill from 90s to 75s. Why? not only would make it match CS cooldown when using Illusions specline but it would still be the hightest CD utility (except Illusion of Life but who uses it?) making it no harm with it virtually lowering a higher CD utility and the usual drama. Sure you can double cast another utility, but you still need 2 from 3 utility slots to do it..

This is not needed coz the CD of Mimic can already be lowered to the continuum split level via chaos traitline. This suggested change would in combination with chaos break and bring the Mimic mechanics up too high.

(edited by Jacob.4280)

in Mesmer

Angel de Lyssa.4716

Well, I still have two trait line, another day I will, I hope Arenanet see a look at these suggestions, especially those of trait line of Illusions, are good synergy and new way to play with the Mesmer. Especially the change idea trait grandmaster “Sorcery Malicious”

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

This is not needed coz the CD of Mimic can already be lowered to the continuum split level via chaos traitline. This suggested change would in combination with chaos break and bring the Mimic mechanics up too high.

Hum.. having a spec line for mimic only sounds a bit too much. But also should reward a bit further who opts to go for it.. It is still 75 → 60s traited.. I dont think could break anything “today” since 90% of the utilitys overall are 60+ seconds anyway ( and from those 10% its mostly revive/banner abilities).
But its fair… We never know what utility they might add in the future.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Infusion.7149

Infusion.7149

Your suggestions need to take into account chronomancer alacrity. Pretty much anything a mesmer can do, a chronomancer can do more often.

Alacrity + Chronophastasma means Mind Wrack should be used on recharge more or less.

If you want Mesmers to be more strong relative to Chronomancers you would need to nerf alacrity in some ways:

• Flow of Time , in general (current: Gain alacrity when you shatter. 0.75seconds)
  • Improved Alacrity (current: Alacrity applied to you lasts 50% longer.)
  • All’s Well that Ends Well , in general
  • Alacrity’s recharge reduction to 50% or less , or on the extreme end 20-33% like Elementalist “alacrity” named traits … with Well of recall’s duration upped to compensate

From my experiences in WvW since HoT: most Chronomancers run Gravity Well nowadays, with Veil as the stealth skill. Gravity Well destroys breakbars incredibly quickly. Mass Invisibility is only going to be of use when you are running with 10 in squad or less. Most Chronomancers that are with their party members using siege run All’s Well that Ends Well.

The reason why Debilitating Dissipation was nerfed was because it wasn’t an active trait. You didn’t need to shatter or use a skill.

I do agree with the Phantasm QoL change and the staff 1 skill (winds of Chaos) projectile speed change. Also I don’t know why Signet of Inspiration’s passive is so weak. Because it isn’t a passive effect, the only advantage you have over Signet of Locust / Signet of Air is when you copy the boon.

Mantra Concentration is low cooldown , 5 target, and breaks stun. I don’t feel it is underpowered.

Desolation (EU) → Yak’s Bend (US)
In your backline: Elementalist+Mesmer+Necromancer

(edited by Infusion.7149)

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

I like most of the suggestions but in and of themselves they would never bring core mesmer up to the elite spec level. I really think the key to making core specs overall more in line with elites is to unfortunately nerf the elites, but I highly doubt that will happen to any great degree.

I have to agree with this. While elite specs were supposed to be sidegrades, most of them are upgrades. The added versitility is supposed to come with the cost of picking that elite spec but most of them are easily worth the cost from the trait line + ADDITION of class mechanics.

This is why I think DH and reaper are two of the “better” designed elite specs. Both of them CHANGE the class mechanic and actually replace it with something new.

F5 for chrono should never have existed. It should have replaced F4. F3-F1 could have even seen a bit of a rework themselves. Aoe alacrity on F1 and less alacrity spam on wells or such. Too late for it now and we mostly got what we probably will with chrono but going forward, I think this is the only way to make them actually side grades.

Basically, no amount of change to base class will make chrono not worth bringing right now. It has to be changes to chrono. That’s not to say that the base class doesn’t need a buff. It does.

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

Basically, no amount of change to base class will make chrono not worth bringing right now. It has to be changes to chrono. That’s not to say that the base class doesn’t need a buff. It does.

Im not proposing balance to core specs/skills/utility to fade away how chrono perform but simply to take a step on fixing mesmer deficits. (they are even so slight that im sure its wouldnt change a bit in the “classes leaderboard”, but at least would be less frustrating).
This mesmer core problems still present today even if specing chrono! Yet as long as ppl have/give quickness and alacrity they think it is ok.
Try to reduce the group numbers from 10 to duos/solo, even on 5-man dungeons im still unsure that mesmer is meta spot.. i just think the powercreep from other classes that group in with a chrono is so big and things feels so good and fast that ppl think its ok. Cause in dungeons (and similiar content) you dont need that ammount of alacrity/quickness. Mobs die faster and you have dead/skip times to tivialize those. Just dont be narrow sighted and just see the meta pve and meta pvp chronos in their environments.

But since chrono was brought up i just make you a simple question:
In pve if a mesmer wasnt able to buff you with alacrity and this ammount of quickness would you take it in your squad?
In pvp if a mesmer wasnt able to sustain on point while supporting with some boons/revives would you take one in your team?
Im sure that no, and thats what happen with a mesmer without chrono..
Nerfing chrono cant be done at this point.. To be honest i dont even think chrono is OP compared with other specs… In pvp alacrity from wells can be boderline strong but that would require a split from pve to balance. Its just that in this meta, mesmer stands out because how conquest works and the mesmer highlights i made above. But this mesmer didnt make the meta, it was a forced adapation that mesmer had to have to be part of it.

But one thing im sure… Excluding Inspiration line, mesmer specs are underpowered compared to similar from other classes. Check mesmer vuln traits and the synergy in that lines. Check from other classes. Check mesmer bleed traits and their in-line synergys. Check others. Check mesmer weapons/its respective CD reduction traits. Check others. I dont want mesmer to be a copy of other classes, yet the difference is so big in similar things that is annoying.

TL:DR from last 2 paragraphs: Just forget the game modes where you see a chrono and its particular build. Go open world/solo dungeons/etc. content you can relative easly do with warrior/ele/engi/necro and so on. Now do it with a mesmer. Feel the struggle.

(edited by FJSAMA.2867)

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

Added another suggestion change to uitility skills list:

• Feedback: Always felt this skill should be ground target since you couldn’t place it in a sweet spot in order to cover multiple trash mobs, versus tall targets that would make projectiles to fly over or to place it on your allies when taking fire from multiple directions.
    And now with the new option to snap ground target Aoes skills centered on foes this skill target mechanic became overdue. So my suggestion is gving this skill a ground target effect to promote skillfull play and better positioning.

(edited by FJSAMA.2867)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azukas.1426

Azukas.1426

Someone already said this, and I agree that the HoT specs need to be nerfed across the board.

That is the only way to buff the “core” specs. Stop the power creep and let’s actually balance the game can we?

Personally I’ve prepared myself to have my main gutted hard this balance patch. We’ve had a good run on chrono, and let’s all enjoy it while it lasts. Though it needs to go IMHO.

in Mesmer

FJSAMA.2867

Updated first post removing no longer required changes and adding/updating others to current state.