Superior rune of traveler & balance update

in Mesmer

Posted by: cassius.5809

cassius.5809

Hey,

As a new Mesmer, I’ve been holding out since mention of reworking all the runes and sigils, based on the presumption that all 6 piece boosts are going to get scrambled (read nerfed).

Do you think I’m right to hold out another month to see what happens? Or just shell out the 60g now? I’m anxious that I’ll spend 60g then they’ll replace the +2% / +10 with something rubbish to balance out the great +25% speed.

I’m gonna guess the runes aren’t going to go up in price…. Right!?

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

They wont nerf runes, only buff runes. As for the 2% crit damage, that will be most likely 20 ferocity. The thing I’d rather concern about is if the runes will be as good as rune of centaur after the patch.
This is cause rune of centaur is rather underrated, but also a ‘’less-good’’ version of rune of the traveler. Seeing sup. rune of strength getting buffed, I most likely think sup. rune of the centaur will get some tweeks too.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bazzoong.7145

Bazzoong.7145

Buy superior runes of speed now way cheaper and due to cosumables like superior sharpening stone the damge stats go up with these aswell, I would not spend 60g+ on a runeset before the patch, there might be changes that will make other runes way more desirable.

(edited by Bazzoong.7145)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

They want to make other rune’s 6th slot and 2/2/2 rune combinations more viable. So its probably best to wait and see what happen before spending 60g.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dakota.4591

Dakota.4591

They want to make other rune’s 6th slot and 2/2/2 rune combinations more viable. So its probably best to wait and see what happen before spending 60g.

I thought the whole point of the patch was they wanted to make 2/2/2 rune combinations -less- viable, ie the people who get 2 supmonk 2 supwater 2majorwater for the 40% boon duration. I thought this was something they were wanting to get rid of.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLiP.7680

FLiP.7680

I thought the whole point of the patch was they wanted to make 2/2/2 rune combinations -less- viable, ie the people who get 2 supmonk 2 supwater 2majorwater for the 40% boon duration. I thought this was something they were wanting to get rid of.

Exactly. As far as i know, they will just move the (2,4,6) effects to (4,5,6), and rework everything with % critical damage.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Natsu Dragneel.1625

Natsu Dragneel.1625

Gah, I really don’t see the problem with people using 2/2/2 combinations of runes, and I really don’t see why Anet would have a problem with this.

Also, I would probably just wait and see what happens in the end, then look at your options and go from there.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

Gah, I really don’t see the problem with people using 2/2/2 combinations of runes, and I really don’t see why Anet would have a problem with this.

Also, I would probably just wait and see what happens in the end, then look at your options and go from there.

Anet does a lot of headscratchers for the sake of balance. Personally I loved the idea of 2/2/2 sets as it shows depth in the system and ingenuity on the behalf of the players. Instead of trying to make it less viable, it would have been better to create a new rune set that did the same but offer better stat combos.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

I wholeheartedly agree. I never understood the rationale behind the stat penalty for mixing sets.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I’m tempted to hoard cheap runes to sell after the patch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bunda.2691

Bunda.2691

Ha. You’re a little late to that game, my friend.

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’m hoping they don’t change travelers at all. They seem to follow the pattern Anet is shooting for where benefits increase through to the 6th rune.

I suspect the reason they don’t want a lot of 2/2/2 is just to make it easier for new players learning the game. When I started playing, I remember it being confusing enough to get the concept of runes and increasing effects from them. Plus it gives you something that you can “achieve” when you get all six – for new players, it can be a real stretch to get six runes of the same type if they are expensive.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Ha. You’re a little late to that game, my friend.

You know the worst part? I had already stocked up on them, but resold them due to lack of bank space… :/