The Future of Lockdown Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Forum bug. Also, will upload some quick duel footage of the main lockdown build soon. Tis so good!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

Basically, as long as someone is running with traits in Domination and a Berserker Amulet, CONGRATS, you’re now a lockdown mesmer haha.

The 6/6/6/0/0 spread gives us a lot to work with. Power block is insane damage. Personally, I run it with PU over CI. With Decoy, Mass Invis and Torch stealth, it’s very easy to one-shot a enemy (or two) that are rezzing or stomping without them seeing it coming.

I have yet to play with the pistol, but I’m curious to try it out. Also, with the amount of blinds we can put out, couple with distortions and interrupts, we can safely stomp just about anything.

I foresee a nerf to power-based mesmers. The only class that I was worried about facing yesterday was other mesmers.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Yeah it was a Mesmer skill, what do you expect? That other classes can do this AoE is OK, just don’t let the Mesmer actually -you know- stack a trait duration with a Sigil duration! OMG! NO!

What a jip. I’ve never been one to give into conspiracies, but it’s hard to deny that Mesmer nerfs always seem to come in very fast and low, while other far more broken things hang around for months to be “evaluated”.

I’d like to hear the explanation of why CS and SoP do not stack. Surely it’s not because of a single target 3s base duration stun on a kitten CD.

Knee Jerk thanks to the brilliant (lazy) design of Mimic. GG!

My own fault though, I’m the one that posted that crap. :P (Not saying no one else realized this, but I posted about it here several days ago.)

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Basically, as long as someone is running with traits in Domination and a Berserker Amulet, CONGRATS, you’re now a lockdown mesmer haha.

The 6/6/6/0/0 spread gives us a lot to work with. Power block is insane damage. Personally, I run it with PU over CI. With Decoy, Mass Invis and Torch stealth, it’s very easy to one-shot a enemy (or two) that are rezzing or stomping without them seeing it coming.

I have yet to play with the pistol, but I’m curious to try it out. Also, with the amount of blinds we can put out, couple with distortions and interrupts, we can safely stomp just about anything.

I foresee a nerf to power-based mesmers. The only class that I was worried about facing yesterday was other mesmers.

I have been the absolute test specimen yesterday.

8k izerker + 4.8 Halting strike + Any attack. I die in 3 seconds.

Pair it up with all the interrupt traits you are getting. Stun+Weakness+Increased Cd+Vulnerability+Immob+1 more Condition+Quickness+5 Stacks of Might + 1 More Boon + Confusion + Daze (Unable to use skills cept Stun Breaker)

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

So ahh, what we need is to figure out our 5 mesmer pvp team comp. Also schedule in some practice sessions at around the time the torny’s usually are. Who’s interested? :D

in Mesmer

Tealots.6095

ME duh.

@Stickers: Remember though, I was fighting you without CI yesterday, so I had no immob on you.

But all the other one-shotting was totally there. Power block is far better than Mental Anguish (or whatever it’s called) for burst. At least in PvP.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zera.8907

Zera.8907

I’ve been running a Condi build as linked below ( I solo roam 99% of my time) and it hasn’t failed me yet but I am going to try a few interrupt builds tonight when I get in. The ONLY build that has wrecked me as condi was an interrupt Mesmer. The lil booka killed me twice, both times instantly. It was like stun, zerker hit, shatter, dead. All I could do was just walk away from the keyboard before I broke it. Time to fight fire with fire lol.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=VS;4kUVz097RWF71;9;4WTU;0256238247;41tWF30;0m9fgm9fgq-FqcAqYJ0;0Vk9nep9seu9xe010Jk1e;7C;9;9;9;9;9;1V6s5h

Blackgate: Zera Mithrandir- Reaper| Zera Targaryen-Mes|Zera Naharis – Ranger|

(edited by Zera.8907)

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

@Zera May wanna hold off on the condi builds right now. Traited pistol is bugged to not apply bleeds. =[

Also.. Chaotic Dampening dumps on Chaotic Transference. =P

in Mesmer

Tealots.6095

I have a question re: the intents of Duelist’s Discipline.

The Duelist his eight times I believe? Does that mean that each of those eight hits has a 33 percent chance of applying two bleeds? Or is that a 33 percent chance for just one unload?

Edit: Meaning for when they fix this.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

What did they nerf for Paranoia???

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

@Tealots I believe its each hit, though I hope it’s per-unload… Or do I? Not sure.

@Donda Traited pistol is bugged to not bleed, confusing combatants gone, maim nerfed. =[ Sad day for condi rupt’