The Time of the Mesmer is Now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nova.8021

Nova.8021

Alright my mesmer brethren, as you can see the thieves, warriors, eles, and guardians are in disarray. I think it is time for us to rise up and stop allowing the inferior classes to survive. Remember to take no prisoners and that necromancers are still a thing. Aside from that, feel free to assist in the cause of mesmer world domination.

That is all, thanks.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Miku Lawrence.6329

Miku Lawrence.6329

Lovely thread. Good laugh ! <3

Snow Crows [SC]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

You know, I’m actually afraid there’s going to be a tide of FoTM (flavor of the month) terribad Mesmer because of this patch… Which will then lead to nerfs. Ugh. -_-

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zen.4678

Zen.4678

To be honest, the good warriors I know really think they were buffed this patch. So much for warrior nerf.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xovian.8572

Xovian.8572

You know, I’m actually afraid there’s going to be a tide of FoTM (flavor of the month) terribad Mesmer because of this patch… Which will then lead to nerfs. Ugh. -_-

This was already happening as of late thanks to PU builds (and it’s variants), at least in WvW. Never seen so many kitten scepter Mesmer’s. Aside from myself, have ran into only one other with in the last month and a half that wasn’t using scepter or a PU build.

Maybe I’m unlucky with the mes’s i’m running into as i tend to only roam. But if it keeps picking up speed, this will be the next nerf that gets put on the Dev “to do” list. Scepter got a buff, it gonna get the nerf hit too, if it remains so popular.

in Mesmer

Nova.8021

I’m just glad that I won’t have to roll around a warrior with a hammer nearly as much now

in Mesmer

Posted by: Phi Is Sly.1857

Phi Is Sly.1857

Mesmer as always been op. Always. This patch just makes the most op class more op.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Mesmer as always been op. Always. This patch just makes the most op class more op.

/snicker

Whatever you say, chief.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

To be honest, the good warriors I know really think they were buffed this patch. So much for warrior nerf.

I think the same can be said for thieves and necros.

EDIT: Guardians will rule this meta.. my initial impressions.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

(edited by SlimChance.6593)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Noss.4105

Noss.4105

Every day is a Mesmer’s Day. Has, and always will be.

Happy Mesmer’s Day!

N*** Dew Gunnar’s Hold
WvW Roaming with Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cyninja.2954

Cyninja.2954

It’s basically a roulette of who get’s the fotm kiddies next. Thiefs and Warriors are passing the torch on, let’s hope it doesn’t land with us again. Then again mesmer always was a tad more complicated than other classes so let’s hope more flock to necromancers still.

Real Mesmers don’t care though. For me Mesmer was my main ever since launch and I’ve stuck with the class through the worst of times (Illusionary berserker “unintended” damage nerf anyone?).

:)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Guardian.5142

Guardian.5142

Happy Mesmer day!

What did ANET do when the sheer mass of the event ZERG was too much for the server to support?
They had to SPAWN MORE OVERFLOWS!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

I just wish they already released the unaligned WvW map so OMFG can go out in purple force

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soyboy.3548

Soyboy.3548

If you come up with a good build, don’t share it with others. Be selfish. Otherwise people will come to the forums, copy your build, and faceroll mindlessly because they lack any creative juices of their own.

in Mesmer

Nova.8021

Anyone else been trying out the signet? In pve I found it to be absolutely boss, and in hotjoin 8v8s as well. If you can even squeeze 3k hp out of the passive before having to use it. I think it is very worth it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jett.1239

Jett.1239

They lied to you.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zen.4678

Zen.4678

They lied to you.

Well, I don’t think they did considering the one waded into a group of VotF and walked out the other side without much trouble. Though from what I understand most every warrior thinks they are UP anyway.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Entioch.6594

Entioch.6594

They lied to you.

Well, I don’t think they did considering the one waded into a group of VotF and walked out the other side without much trouble. Though from what I understand most every warrior thinks they are UP anyway.

A single person walking through a group of people has less to do with their talent/class changes and more to do with the apparently simultaneous mass suicide of that group of people.

Hidden Sin[ONI]
ERP guild looking for members.

in Mesmer

Posted by: K U T M.4539

K U T M.4539

Able to hold 5v1 (One of those 5 being a necro, albeit they were pretty kitten) with a max stealth, near max clone-production build using the new heal skill + PU. Full zerk geared.

Terribad FotM mesmers inc

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Mesmer

Posted by: kyubi.3620

kyubi.3620

was planning on running this signet for phantasm to be honest

Crystal Desert, The Darknest Community P.E.T.A.
BM: I want to present you my lovely jingle bear mia
If pet had voices: Mommy, I did it! :3

in Mesmer

Cyninja.2954

Able to hold 5v1 (One of those 5 being a necro, albeit they were pretty kitten) with a max stealth, near max clone-production build using the new heal skill + PU. Full zerk geared.

Yes let’s complain about 1 person vs 5 n00bs. If any class outplays more than 1v3 (and even here there is a clear play skill disparity), that has nothing to do with the class but rather with the quality of opponent.

in Mesmer

K U T M.4539

Yes let’s complain about 1 person vs 5 n00bs. If any class outplays more than 1v3 (and even here there is a clear play skill disparity), that has nothing to do with the class but rather with the quality of opponent.

It was 5 people I knew from an opposing server and couldnt do it using any other healing skill. It tipped the balance.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Mesmer

Cyninja.2954

It was 5 people I knew from an opposing server and couldnt do it using any other healing skill. It tipped the balance.

Good thing this game is balanced around single skills only right? God forbid you have to take into account an entire build. So your one skill outperformed the other heal skills for one given situation that is was designed for (phantasm builds). Madness!

in Mesmer

K U T M.4539

Good thing this game is balanced around single skills only right? God forbid you have to take into account an entire build. So your one skill outperformed the other heal skills for one given situation that is was designed for (phantasm builds). Madness!

Most phant builds don’t have the clone production to maintain 3 with 5 enemies around.

I’m sure it’s even more broken in a 1v1 phant spec.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Mesmer

Cyninja.2954

Most phant builds don’t have the clone production to maintain 3 with 5 enemies around.

Okay, so how did the signet contribute to you having more than usual phantasms up compared to a different spec? Wait, you activated it. Okay so how did the signet which now provides 0 healing while on cd contribute to your survival? Ah right, that was PU and survival from stealth.

I don’t see your point?

in Mesmer

Posted by: AndrewSX.3794

AndrewSX.3794

It’s the wheel of balance of MMOs since classes and balance patches existed.

Embrace it.

Seafarer’s Rest EU – PvE/WvW – 8 × 80 chars.
Most used: Guard/Mes/War/Nec/Ele.
Yes, i use 5 chars at time. Because REASONS.

in Mesmer

Nova.8021

Friends, we should all be celebrating mesmer day. This is a day to be overcome with joy, and every day that follows afterwards as well.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Sorry but I have to agree here. I don’t see anything in the mesmer toolkit that would allow for a 1v5 for more than a few seconds assuming opponents of equal skill.

And I don’t see any great benefit for the new heal even in PU builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alissah.9281

Alissah.9281

Sorry but I have to agree here. I don’t see anything in the mesmer toolkit that would allow for a 1v5 for more than a few seconds assuming opponents of equal skill.

Look again.

There are Mesmers whom won 1vs6, or something like that. They used a simple shatter build with hit and run tactics. Against poor opponents ofcourse, which cyninja also mentioned

Its also incredibly easy to escape a 1vs5, even if youre being focussed: decoy>blink>power cleanse>mass invis gives you a 100% chance to escape anything, unless you wait too long and die from damage. Yea, it doesnt rrally count as “fight for more than a few seconds”… But theres no real reason to do that :o. If you really want to survive, you could: Illusionqry leap>dodge>dodge>blurred frenzy>distortion>auto attack>signet of inspiration>signet of midnight>phase retreat>signet of illusions>phantasmal warlock>dodge>distortion>blurred frenzy>dodge>signet of ether>The pretige would result in like 15 seconds invulnerability, with a few small gaps.

Winning a 1vs2 is just not possible with equal skill… Unless its a noob warrior with a build from the forum, vs 2 noob mesmers with homemade builds :P. or under extreme circumstqnces, like fighting at skyhammer, or a 2nd jumping you just after you downed the first :o. I love skyhammer.

New Rainbow Guild – An open-minded guild exclusively for Transgender people!
Warning: link may contain traces of awesome.
Lyssa’s Grimoire – a guide every Mesmer should read.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Qaelyn.7612

Qaelyn.7612

Sure, that’s why I said “a few seconds”. Like thieves, we have the mobility and stealth to escape tough spots.

But the verb used was “hold”, which implies something like holding a capture point. And I just don’t see that.

in Mesmer

K U T M.4539

Okay, so how did the signet contribute to you having more than usual phantasms up compared to a different spec? Wait, you activated it. Okay so how did the signet which now provides 0 healing while on cd contribute to your survival? Ah right, that was PU and survival from stealth.

I don’t see your point?

Where did I say I activated it? And it has nothing to do with upping clone production. High clone production = Higher clone uptime in outnumbered situations = more healing.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Mesmer

Cyninja.2954

I don’t see your point?

Where did I say I activated it? And it has nothing to do with upping clone production. High clone production = Higher clone uptime in outnumbered situations = more healing.

Right here you are implying that the signet is helping you have more uptime in your phantasm build, otherwise that statement has nothing to do with this thread and I have no idea why you made it:

Please also explain HOW the higher clone production from the signet means more healing?

in Mesmer

K U T M.4539

I don’t see your point?

Right here you are implying that the signet is helping you have more uptime in your phantasm build, otherwise that statement has nothing to do with this thread and I have no idea why you made it:

Please also explain HOW the higher clone production from the signet means more healing?

My point is I’m not running a phantasm build. Nowhere did I say I was. A phant build doesn’t have nearly the same clone production as a shatter build.

The signet is not what gives the increase in clone production. It can., in a burst, which might be good 1v1, I said the build I ran produced more clones vs a phantasm spec.

Did you even look at how the heal works? If all your clones are dead, you don’t heal at all. So when your clones die, you have to constantly replace them to continue healing.

In case that is too kitten complicated for you to understand, you have to produce a lot of clones to be able to maintain healing uptime in a 1vX situation.

So, in a 1vX situation, a low clone production build, such as a phantasm spec that relies on its illusions not dying to do damage, it wouldn’t be able to sustain itself using the new heal.

I honestly have no idea how you didn’t manage to grasp the point I was making.

Basic [BS] NSP/Mag

in Mesmer

Cyninja.2954

My point is I’m not running a phantasm build. Nowhere did I say I was. A phant build doesn’t have nearly the same clone production as a shatter build.

The signet is not what gives the increase in clone production. It can., in a burst, which might be good 1v1, I said the build I ran produced more clones vs a phantasm spec.

Did you even look at how the heal works? If all your clones are dead, you don’t heal at all. So when your clones die, you have to constantly replace them to continue healing.

In case that is too kitten complicated for you to understand, you have to produce a lot of clones to be able to maintain healing uptime in a 1vX situation.

So, in a 1vX situation, a low clone production build, such as a phantasm spec that relies on its illusions not dying to do damage, it wouldn’t be able to sustain itself using the new heal.

I honestly have no idea how you didn’t manage to grasp the point I was making.

Maybe because your point is all over the place. If your 5 friends are not able to kill you running full berserkers in a shatter build (my mistake I guess for assuming you were running a phantasm or bunker build) I’m not sure if they’ve ever played any type of competitive play.

Let’s wrap this up. There was a thread discussing the signet which got deleted. Going by the discussion there the ups and downs are simple:

+ the signet is useful for small scale fights with no burst damage (wvw roaming against certain builds, big open spaces)
+ the signet provides burst potential for a very long cooldown
+ the signet is very nice in predictable pve where it will keep you topped off

- the signet is terrible when pressured or facing burst damage (spvp and tpvp, wvw)
- the signet provides no utility like reflect
- the signet has a terrible long cooldown
- the signet is useless in any situation where clones/phantasms die fast (middle to large scale wvw)

I still don’t see how this is overpowered. It’s a situational heal that has a very niche use. Give it 2 weeks and the novelty will wear off.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Also, you can compare it to Healing Signet which heals a Warrior for 400/second.

This, at 3 Illusions will heal you for ~1000/3seconds or 333/second.

Not only is it weaker, but it requires a lot more effort to maintain than just plopping it on your bar.

Also, Healing Signet has a 20s cooldown (16 when traited) with no activated effect whereas SotE has a 35 second cooldown (28 when traited).

For a healing skill, particularly on a Mesmer that cooldown is really high. There are only 2 uses for the healing skill.

1: A nuke heal, because it’s effectively 142 hp/sec over 35 seconds all at once as opposed to your 333 hp/sec with 3 Illusions (~111hp/sec with 1 illusion and ~222hp/sec with 2 illusions. Numbers vary with differing amounts of healing power.)

2: The active. Getting out more Phantasms is a good thing, which is where this Healing Skill shines.

In situations where you need nuke heals, don’t run this.

In situations where you want more Phantasms, use this.

In long, drawn out fights (namely PvE), use this.