The greatest Mesme Expert

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I admit it. I am totally biased. A good example is the following:

Yesterday I saw the thread title “Offhand Sword is Better Than Ever” and I was like: Blabla dude, keep talking. I am not interested."
Today I saw the thread again and realized that Chaos Angel wrote it… so I went to check it out^^

I am sorry Mesmer community, but no matter what you say, in my mind Chaos Angel has the final say^^

Now this is the time to honor your favorite forum hero. Who is the greatest Mesmer expert in your opinion?

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Telekinesis.8312

Telekinesis.8312

chaos angel contributed a lot to the mesmer community.. i like him too… but this is such an awkward post :P i dont know how to reply or react to this

in Mesmer

TyPin.9860

Well… you obviously reacted nonetheless^^

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Fanboys are cute.

There are several remarkable people who contribute to the Mesmer community. Some more vocal than others. We all do our part. We’ve always been a passionate group of butterflies.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Tealot.

Because when he and I get together we speak on the only true forum that matters: Inside the PvP arena, one foot planted firmly on the disembodied corpses of our enemies.

Chaos always stops to lay a white rose and shed a tear everytime he defeats an enemy :/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Fanboys are cute.

There are several remarkable people who contribute to the Mesmer community. Some more vocal than others. We all do our part. We’ve always been a passionate group of butterflies.

Like Dondagora. I hear he’s an incredibly informing and rational voice in the community. I also hear he’s a pretty cool dude.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

Now this is the time to honor your favorite forum hero. Who is the greatest Mesmer expert in your opinion?

Our great and magnificent Lord Helseth.

Don’t care a bit about all those WvW/PvE-Wannabe-Heros.

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

forum.

/15 chars.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dirven.3021

Dirven.3021

Oeh I love people who can’t think for themselves! Anyway, obviously I am the greatest mesmer expert, never heard of any of the previously mentioned ones. No trollin’. <3

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

In terms of videos I learnt the most from – Osicat, Vashury and Seven Mirror (Idc what people say about the quality of opponents).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

The problem with this kinda thread, is that there are just too many Mesmer players who
can be mentioned. Especially when one goes into different areas of the game.
One of those Catch-22 situations, tbh.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jurica.1742

Jurica.1742

Chaos is also someone I have a lot of respect for because he knows a lot about the class, experiments with random builds like condi, boonshare ect but doesn’t push it down peoples throats, he says the pros and cons of the build and leaves it at that. He is, besides that, a really cool guy to have a chat with and if I was still trying to post on forums I’d like to do it his way. I’m a bit more on the agressive side when debating and I often come across as rude which sort of casts a shadow over my arguments.
My mesmer heroes are the top PvP mesmers. Helseth, Misha and Supcutie.
Helseth and Supcutie being the most consistant help to me, really cool guys that can take my hours upon hours of whisper spamming asking stupid questions that I’ve asked 1000 times already. I have massive respect for them because they speak from experience at top level and argument their statements very well. Helseth has an awesome taste in music and Supcutie loves Biology which boosts their awesomeness factor over 9000!
I respect Misha a lot because he queued with me some time ago when Iisey, Karsaib ect were all 55HP still and it was really nice to see first hand how he plays mesmer and generally it was a really nice first insight into how a top team works. He was also very grounded, calm and also gave me a lot of really cool tips that werent just mesmer related.

lol @MailMan’s “fanboy” remark. Pfft.
Also it’s not about not know how to think for ourselves, its about who’s opinion is most often the best argumented/correct one or who’s comes from the most experience and who we have respect for because of that.

Pineapples rule

(edited by Jurica.1742)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Teutos.8620

Teutos.8620

forum.

/15 chars.

He is present everywhere. You just have to believe!

EU – Multiple times #1 SoloQ pre Dec 2014 (pure MMR based ladder)
Primoridal (S1) & Exalted (S2) & Illustrious (S3) Legend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

You should definitly read about the authority bias …

but yea chaos is indeed a smart guy.

Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: phokus.8934

phokus.8934

Chaos is extremely helpful and always trying to find that a different angle with the Mesmer class. It’s needed to shed light on Mesmers in a different way and break up the monotony of standard power Mesmer.

Personally, I probably learned more from Oscicat by watching his videos and reading his posts. But that was when I was fairly new to Mesmer and now I just listen to the rantings and ramblings of Helseth.

I post from a phone so please excuse any references to ducks or any other auto corrections.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

Tealot.

Because when he and I get together we speak on the only true forum that matters: Inside the PvP arena, one foot planted firmly on the disembodied corpses of our enemies.

Chaos always stops to lay a white rose and shed a tear everytime he defeats an enemy :/

You like me, you REALLY like me.

Though, to be fair, Chaos also does the /laugh when he beats people, too.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Skcamow. The most underrated forum expert and The only one I think who does actual extensive build testing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Skcamow. The most underrated forum expert and The only one I think who does actual extensive build testing.

Ooof – I’m flattered and thanks. I do a lot of testing myself yes, but there are many others that do as well. That’s one of the things that make the mesmer forums so much fun for me to keep up with.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: blitzkrieg.2451

blitzkrieg.2451

Are we talking about like best mesmer overall with skill? would have to be Kyra or maybe Supcutie

Expert-wise like knowledge wise, it’s hard to tell because you only see through the words of people on the forums, but there’s many people who are experts at mesmer and don’t even go near the forums like the 2 above. But if you’re talking about forums I’d say Chaos Archangel or skcamow easily.

Tanbin – Ranger / Thief / Ele
Maguuma

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Honorary mention for frifox and his extensive and detailed gear testing.

Edit: Also RIP Osicat.

in Mesmer

Tealots.6095

Everyone mentioned in this thread has different strengths. Chaos and Skcamow test builds like crazy and they are both extraordinarily friendly, diplomatic and helpful. Hell, Chaos goes out of his way to invite people to the OMFG Arena to help them out.

I’ve never spoken with Helseth, but his videos demonstrate his PvP genius. The same goes for Vashury (personally, my favorites to learn from — some great strategies for survival in those).

Pyroatheist is another very smart, knowledgeable player. You just need to approach conversation with him intelligently.

@ Ross + Stickerhappy you guys are my pvp bros for life 1luv 143.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I am truly honored, though I’m just some dumb guy who likes big words. =P I actually am pretty adamant that I’m not the “greatest of” or “best of” anything. There are plenty of people who do just as much as I do if not more, I just happen to have a pretty snazzy way of writing and enjoy really helping educate others.

Sorry my posts recently have been rushed/distracted – irl has been hectic. Working on updating all the old articles for the new system but it’s been taking much longer than I expected.

I’d give it to skcamow, Pyroathiest, guanglai kangyi, but most definitely frifox! I never need to math as long as I have a frifox.

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Adding to what I said already in this thread …

I really appreciate and admire anyone who doesn’t take the meta being thrust down their throat, refusing to be just another “flavor of the month” (FOTM) mesmer and truly takes the time to invent something new.

It takes experimentation (and lots of it) to arrive at many builds that end up being crap to ultimately find something that plays so fun and works so well.

It’s not only the satisfaction of arriving at the end result that’s so gratifying; it’s the experimentation itself that really keeps me in the game and playing regularly.

To that end, I’ll shout out to a few I’ve observed. Their ideas and genuine excitement to create new specs have inspired me (past and present) to create even more: Chaos, Sticker, keenlam, Ross, Cho, Tea, Windwalker, Xaylin, WitchKing, messiah, pyro and many others.

To those and all other mesmers – keep brainstorming, creating and refusing to accept that FOTM is the only good way to mesmer!

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Elorna.5329

Elorna.5329

GW2 is not a really competitive game, so it doesn’t matter, anyone who’s posts you like is good enough.

The greatest freedom is the freedom not to get involved.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Oslaf Beinir.5842

Oslaf Beinir.5842

I too happen to enjoy reading posts by Chaos and the other more vocal members of the mesmer community

quite a bit to learn from them

Get In The Van Yo[PR] -Play on Far Shiverpeaks/Gunner’s Hold/Vabbi

“Revenant is actual proof that devs read the necromancer forum” – Pelopidas.2140

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ramiel.4931

Ramiel.4931

So you’re a fanboy at heart and when you accidentally became a rational human being, you realized you’re actually a massive fanboy and backed down from having an opinion.

Yup, sounds like the internet.

in Mesmer

TyPin.9860

I read the “no own opinion” statement now twice here. No idea, what to think of that. I’ll have to ask Chaos about it^^

Trolls be trolls.

EDIT:
Also: Expert =/= Authority.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i like all the pink humans who post their ideas
even if its not meta
even if it absurd some seeds of cleverness may come out of it

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daniel Handler.4816

Daniel Handler.4816

Has anyone seen Osicat? Any time I use staff or mirror images I shed a tear to my lost cat.

“Kentigem”-chief. Born cycle of Dusk. Wyld Hunt:
Learn as much mending and medical info as possible so that it can be added to the Dream.
Become the first Chief of Mending and guide the newly awaken as well as those who want to learn.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jace al Thor.6745

Jace al Thor.6745

In terms of videos I learnt the most from – Osicat, Vashury and Seven Mirror (Idc what people say about the quality of opponents).

I’m with you on Seven Mirror. The quality? Yeah ok but it’s WvW and that’s not the point. He was a dang good Mesmer and person which is what I think matters.
Though Osicat did some nice vids too.

But my favorite “experts” would be Chaos for when I want a good discussion, Fay(pyro) when I want to be told how it is no if, ands, or buts and and I always seem to learn something from Sevens videos no matter how many times I see them.

Sachyi Asuna. A [KING]’s Mesmer Unified Kingdom

in Mesmer

Posted by: Azure.8670

Azure.8670

Actually pyro and chaos are the only reason I ever made mesmer my Main. I was ele and thief my first year of gw2 and I hopped onto the Mesmer forums because they were burning me in wvw. I found their knowledge quite intimidating and decided to give mesmer a shot and it’s all I really play since then besides some necro

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I guess I am unnoticed

Anyway, I would say Chaos, Pyro, and Supcutie for other experts. They are the reason I chose mes over necro in beta

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Solori.6025

Solori.6025

Has anyone seen Osicat? Any time I use staff or mirror images I shed a tear to my lost cat.

The first person I saw on the forums that kept me playing mesmer.
I died a lot in the beginning year of this game.. But I learned so so much.

RIP Osicat.

The world needs more KUNG FURY!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bS5P_LAqiVg

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I guess I am unnoticed

Anyway, I would say Chaos, Pyro, and Supcutie for other experts. They are the reason I chose mes over necro in beta

You just don’t know how to sell yourself. And no, stockings on the roadside on a late Saturday night doesn’t count.

Besides, I have you mentioned in my sig, what more do you need?

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I guess I am unnoticed

You just don’t know how to sell yourself. And no, stockings on the roadside on a late Saturday night doesn’t count.

I guess I should start recording. I get my new computer this week so I guess I can start there!

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

I guess I am unnoticed

I guess I should start recording. I get my new computer this week so I guess I can start there!

After 3 years. Finally..

in Mesmer

Tealots.6095

Warlord, you KNOW you’re an expert. Often, when you’re dueling in the arena, I just say nothing and spectate you…

edit: in a totally platonic, educational way…

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Warlord yer pretty much my pvp head coach lol. I’ve learned more about the intricacies, technical, and mechanical aspect of the class from you than even supcutie. Also.. You provide me with a constantly raising bar to reach for.

But lawd. Anyone who watches me face you almost always thinks I was going easy on them. X_x I really don’t, you just force me to give 110%

in Mesmer

Warlord of Chaos.7845

@Ross Better late then never!

@Tealot As long as it’s educational, then it’s ok with me

@Chaos Wow thanks

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

gotta love seeing all the drooling worshippers who can’t even be bothered to think for themselves

the only “expert” on mesmer I’d say I respected is frifox because of how he’s willing to do a load of boring math to prove his points and tests things so vigorously.

then again, I absolutely detest hero worship.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

gotta love seeing all the drooling worshippers who can’t even be bothered to think for themselves

the only “expert” on mesmer I’d say I respected is frifox because of how he’s willing to do a load of boring math to prove his points and tests things so vigorously.

Math is easy. I’m impressed by the incredibly intensive simulation code he’s managed to put together for a lot of fairly complex scenarios and permutations of factors within them.

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Aren’t we cheerful.

Nice exaggeration on “drooling worshippers who can’t be bothered to think for themselves”…

Hardly “hero worship” – more like “players whose style or forum/in game personality you enjoy and who you feel you’ve learnt something from/respect”.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

I’ll just.. Take off this #teamMaha shirt I had on..

/sniffles

in Mesmer

Posted by: maha.7902

maha.7902

Aren’t we cheerful.

Nice exaggeration on “drooling worshippers who can’t be bothered to think for themselves”…

Hardly “hero worship” – more like “players whose style or forum/in game personality you enjoy and who you feel you’ve learnt something from/respect”.

well let’s see….

Yesterday I saw the thread title “Offhand Sword is Better Than Ever” and I was like: Blabla dude, keep talking. I am not interested."

Today I saw the thread again and realized that Chaos Angel wrote it… so I went to check it out^^

I am sorry Mesmer community, but no matter what you say, in my mind Chaos Angel has the final say^^

oh look, since a specific guy wrote something it must be right. you know, the same guy who once said on a podcast that support isn’t very good in dungeons, which is about as misinformed as people who said CC wasn’t despite it being completely broken and busted to hell.

or like how “warrior axe dps is better than gs because strife said so”.

or “everything I say is right since I’m in an elite dungeon guild” – uhhh, yeah, no.

Serah Mahariel – Death and Taxes

in Mesmer

Curunen.8729

Aren’t we cheerful.

well let’s see….

oh look, since a specific guy wrote something it must be right. you know, the same guy who once said on a podcast that support isn’t very good in dungeons, which is about as misinformed as people who said CC wasn’t despite it being completely broken and busted to hell.

or like how “warrior axe dps is better than gs because strife said so”.

or “everything I say is right since I’m in an elite dungeon guild” – uhhh, yeah, no.

Ok fair enough, there are some die hards.

I think (well, hope…) most of us are little more grounded!

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

/sniffles continue

I said clerics support-oriented.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I will never forget pyro. Also, haven’t seen allot of Chaos, but what I have seen earned my respect. Props to those two for making mesmer interesting.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

LOL at this thread becoming yet another battleground.

I love us Mesmers so much. Life is just one beautiful but long-winded fight in the Colosseum!

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Other class forums are crying about bugs/nerfs/quitting/mesmers.

All our recent threads have been about events/tests/sassing each other/tears of other classes

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

Other class forums are crying about bugs/nerfs/quitting/mesmers.

All our recent threads have been about events/tests/sassing each other/tears of other classes

+1