To all those Mesmers not running PU

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mogar.9216

Mogar.9216

I ran without PU for a long time. About 1 month ago I gave in, it’s just too powerful not to use.

in Mesmer

Posted by: hihey.1075

hihey.1075

Fine. I’ll admit to being a bit touchy about this after being disparaged over my build choice a zillion times. (Mostly not in this subforum, to be clear.)

But he did say he felt PU users were less worthy of respect. So this is not something I entirely imagined.

Well, if “A” says that he respects “B”, does it imply that everyone who is not “B” is not worthy of respect? Or worse, that everyone who is not “B” is not respectful?

When I roam and I see a Mesmer with Power based food I usually think “this will be fun!”. When I see a Mesmer with a +40% condition duration food, on the other hand…
Fact: PU is hard to beat. However, I like challenges, else I wouldn’t solo roam. A skilled player is hard to beat, no matter the build he is using. No matter the outcome of the fight, if I had fun it meant that the fight was “rewarding” for me. A fight against a PU mesmer, even if I beat him (which happens 99% of the times as most PU users are just bandwagoners), does not satisfy me at all. A fight against a Shatter Mesmer, instead, is usually really enjoyable, since those few that still use this spec are usually REALLY good at doing so.

Also, 100% what Chaos Archangel said. This is not a QQ thread, it is the complete opposite.

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU
One Handed One vs One Videos

(edited by hihey.1075)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

When I see a Mesmer with a +40% condition duration food, on the other hand…

To be fair, it’s not only mesmers. That food (and its counterpart) is way too powerful in its current state.

I know some Necros who refuse to use it unless their opponent is using the -40% one because they thinks it’s unfair.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

I have been running a shatter Mesmer for sometime now. Don’t get me wrong I really Enjoy the build it would be one of my favorite Mesmer builds. However I do have some complaints about it. Especially about the Skill Illusionary Leap. A shatter Mesmer Relies On this skill in order for Their Shatter to hit, but the skill is way to buggy and will miss 70% on a moving target, and if you are lucky enough to hit. There is a short window of time when the player is immobilized they are able to still dodge roll being immobilized just out of range. I find it really annoying that the only non Cheese/OP mesmer build is severely Unreliable. Making it even more difficult to run.

You know, for a while there everyone was calling shatter cheese, for it’s raw high burst dps one button auto win.

People who talk about things as ‘cheese’ reflect a degree of ignorance, and make themselves appear silly and childish (ala the Devs in the livestream), no offense intended. Your argument would be stronger without it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: RedCobra.7693

RedCobra.7693

I have been running a shatter Mesmer for sometime now. Don’t get me wrong I really Enjoy the build it would be one of my favorite Mesmer builds. However I do have some complaints about it. Especially about the Skill Illusionary Leap. A shatter Mesmer Relies On this skill in order for Their Shatter to hit, but the skill is way to buggy and will miss 70% on a moving target, and if you are lucky enough to hit. There is a short window of time when the player is immobilized they are able to still dodge roll being immobilized just out of range. I find it really annoying that the only non Cheese/OP mesmer build is severely Unreliable. Making it even more difficult to run.

You know, for a while there everyone was calling shatter cheese, for it’s raw high burst dps one button auto win.

People who talk about things as ‘cheese’ reflect a degree of ignorance, and make themselves appear silly and childish (ala the Devs in the livestream), no offense intended. Your argument would be stronger without it.

exactly its just the whatever the latest build to insult is or blame their own lack of skill, its a little unfair against the Power PU mesmers that have been running it since start, recently ive been receiving that much grief that ive pulled more into defence in zergs as opposed to PU just to show that all those (You beat me because your using an OP build) people can be beaten with a different build, people who are used to Power PU id recommend trying out your exact same build but replace your GS with Sceptre/offhand sword, the defence allows for more face to face combat and your guaranteed not to get whiny kids complaining, apart from one i got last night explaining that i was hacking by getting too many blocks from sceptre/sword +mimic xD

RedCobra – Ranked PVP Druid
Current Season – Platinum (Soloq)
Retired GW2 ESL Tournament Admin

in Mesmer

Posted by: Windwalker.7421

Windwalker.7421

Nicely put RedCobra, and I agree it’s disingenuous to call something cheese that was basically the whole intent of the changes that led to the PU build becoming popular. They buffed the bajeebus out of both Scepter and PU across 2 patches, and then wonder why everyone is flocking to it? Very odd.

I know, I know, their focus is on the clone-death traits now, but we’ve had those verbatim for a LONG time, and only now they discovered they’re “cheese” and OPd?

Please! Everyone considered them quite under-powered until PU/Condie builds came along, which again was hardly a coincidence based on the buffs it received.

I will say though that you’re wrong about whiny kids not complaining if you beat them with a different build. I’ve been playing a tanky mantra/shatter build that I posted in another thread, and I’ve gotten plenty of kids complaining about losing. Usually thieves of course. /boggle

People just hate Mesmers in general and most of all they hate to lose, and are always quick to assume it’s not a skill issue, but a balance issue! ;-)

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

Nicely put RedCobra, and I agree it’s disingenuous to call something cheese that was basically the whole intent of the changes that led to the PU build becoming popular. They buffed the bajeebus out of both Scepter and PU across 2 patches, and then wonder why everyone is flocking to it? Very odd.

I know, I know, their focus is on the clone-death traits now, but we’ve had those verbatim for a LONG time, and only now they discovered they’re “cheese” and OPd?

Please! Everyone considered them quite under-powered until PU/Condie builds came along, which again was hardly a coincidence based on the buffs it received.

I will say though that you’re wrong about whiny kids not complaining if you beat them with a different build. I’ve been playing a tanky mantra/shatter build that I posted in another thread, and I’ve gotten plenty of kids complaining about losing. Usually thieves of course. /boggle

People just hate Mesmers in general and most of all they hate to lose, and are always quick to assume it’s not a skill issue, but a balance issue! ;-)

yeah i think youre right about the whining point, as i mentioned before i changed my wep sets to be a more visual melee in your face mesmer (the complete opposite to PU) and i still got OP complaints, i think the main issue is that its too complicated compared to warriors so they think that if they cant do it it must be some OP build

in Mesmer

Posted by: cyyrix.6105

cyyrix.6105

/respect.
You are one of the reasons I still believe in this class and in its users. Fighting against a glass cannon Shatter/Phantasm mesmer always provides me with unmatched adrenaline.

Keep it up

I agree with OP, who I’m confident would agree with me in extending those feelings to include roaming thieves that aren’t running 30 in shadow arts. They are one of the reasons I still believe in the thief class and its users. As a mesmer, fighting against a true glass cannon 10/30/0/0/30 thief always provides me with ummatched adrenaline (compared to the stealth spamming shadow arts builds).

(Hope I didn’t strike any bad nerves with OP, who in a previous post non-sarcastically suggested that last refuge should be “fixed” by proccing shadow refuge instead blinding powder. Rofl)

Cyyrix | Marypoppins Deathsquad [mds] | Team Riot [RIOT] | Blackgate

(edited by cyyrix.6105)

in Mesmer

hihey.1075

/respect.
You are one of the reasons I still believe in this class and in its users. Fighting against a glass cannon Shatter/Phantasm mesmer always provides me with unmatched adrenaline.

Keep it up

(Hope I didn’t strike any bad nerves with OP, who in a previous post non-sarcastically suggested that last refuge should be “fixed” by proccing shadow refuge instead blinding powder. Rofl)

Well, I’m really fond of the Last Refuge issue and if you read the thread closely you would notice that I also said that such a change would be “too much OP”.
What I’d really like from Last Refuge is to just make it an AoE Blind. But this is another matter.
(And I run D/P 10/30/0/0/30 in PvP)

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nausicca.6038

Nausicca.6038

yeah i think youre right about the whining point, as i mentioned before i changed my wep sets to be a more visual melee in your face mesmer (the complete opposite to PU) and i still got OP complaints, i think the main issue is that its too complicated compared to warriors so they think that if they cant do it it must be some OP build

Why not changing PU instead of your weapon set? And see if you still get complaints? That’s a serious question. Because I never receive complaints with my shatter build. So I’m curious. Ty

VoxL, NSPPT

in Mesmer

hihey.1075

Why not changing PU instead of your weapon set? And see if you still get complaints? That’s a serious question. Because I never receive complaints with my shatter build. So I’m curious. Ty

There will always be complaints by people who refuse to acknowledge their defeat. I’ve been called “OP” for beating a perplexity engi as a Shatter Mesmer. I’ve been called OP for beating a Hambow with a S/P thief.
There are even people who say that Elementalists are OP…

Pillow Cake
Worst Thief EU

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lys.8621

Lys.8621

/respect.

Keep it up

+1.

Why do shatter/phantasm mesmers need more respect BY FAR?
Cause a well builded PU is so freaking easy to play and a lot hard to counter.
Every scrub that started using mesmer 2 days ago can play PU.
You need experience, know greatly your class, and to be skilled to play no-PU.

Asuran Lys La

in Mesmer

Posted by: xsquared.1926

xsquared.1926

/respect.

Keep it up

Is it bad that i run a mantra healing soldiers spec just to annoy burst players?

Master Ruseman. Lv80 Mesmer 10/20/0/25/15
Boon Dispenser. Lv80 Guardian 15/25/0/20/10 Boom Dispenser – Lv80 Engineer 30/30/0/10/0
Chuck Thunderstruck – Lv 80 Ele 30/10/10/10/10

in Mesmer

RedCobra.7693

i do drop PU but i use PU to fight in situations like 1v3-5 or 2/3-10 so i need active defences, PU just allows me to remove some active defenses, i was merely suggesting this as to not cause such a disturbance to somenes build to encourage them to test it,
inside an enemy zerg, the counter build is going to help you much more than a Greatsword, but this way the can test it without loosing there stealth,

Btw i drop PU and grab bountiful interruption and replace sword torch with with scepter/sword and run that with Sword/focus when fighting inside enemy zergs for point defense, youll do so much more to help than PU, however when small group i use PU as we’re more than likely going against larger amounts of foes,

Remembers guys its not using a build that determines you, its how and where you use it.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

i dont what all the fuss against PU. its a trait
the real problem is the stealth duration mesmer have which is like thief
so i rather would give respect to mesmer not using stealth.
also…
i give respect to warrior who near 10% hp and not running away as mesmer i cant compete with it
i give respect to thieves who dont shadow refuge when near death.
i give respect to engi not playing perplexity build
i give respect to thief not playing perma stealth rather than evade
i give respect to ppl not jumping my corps
i give respect to ppl trying new builds
:)

after playing PU to learn how to deal with it i got bored with it as it too defense mode play which is BORING. it best played when you eating as you dont need to press much.
i once played it and won while i was selling stuff in the TP on my screen
so i drop the PU trait and it still boring because you got staff
than i drop my stealth abilities and got killed more times and had hard time doing 1vX so …

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

It’s funny how even against decent opponents i always get perceived as another build. I’ve been called phantasm, PU (despite not having a single source of regen, protection and aegis apart from Arcane Thievery) and even Perplexity so far.

Nobody expects a 20/20/0/0/30 with Traveler’s anymore in these days…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Marsares.2053

Marsares.2053

It’s funny how even against decent opponents i always get perceived as another build. I’ve been called phantasm, PU (despite not having a single source of regen, protection and aegis apart from Arcane Thievery) and even Perplexity so far.

Nobody expects a 20/20/0/0/30 with Traveler’s anymore in these days…

There’s always haters who have no idea. Today I got called a PU Staff clone-spammer by another Mesmer…. given that he ran DE with PU and a GS, I just had to remind him that he’d spam much more clones than I do with Staff + Sword / Sword without DE, and that I didn’t run PU on top of that either.

Guess he was just one of those FOTM rerollers that take the current Meta build and expected to roll faces. Lockdown specs are especially useful against them, they have no idea what hits them. :-P