[VIDEO] Tournament of Glory 5-man Mesmer Team

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

So what happens when a bunch of Mesmers say “Hey.. Lets sign up for the ToG with a full Mesmer team” anndd with maybe 15 minutes of preparation and practice hop in?

This happens! 5 Man Mesmer Tournament of Glory try-outs

Within you can hear the voices of (with build links):

Fay (Pyroathiest) – PU Mesmer
Chaos of Twilight (Chaos) – Support Shatter
Jhughes – Mantra Support

While for some reason, you can’t hear..

Chaos Archangel – CI Lockdown
Lynch Swift – CS Lockdown

Lynch wasn’t on Teamspeak, but I was… for some reason my voice didn’t get picked up. o_O Anyways, we did good the first round and .. not so great the second round (Double Engi comp we were not prepared for) this clip is of the first round.

If requested, I’ll upload the second fight, and the commentary on what exactly went wrong.

These 5-man Mesmer teams are fun as hell btw, we should make this into a weekly thing!

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Haha, nice, fun to watch.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Redg.9807

Redg.9807

5 mesmers team, WoW

“Another testament to my greatness !”
Enid Asuran Trollz [Join] The Asuran Fanclub

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

Had this thought a lot. On a MUD I used to play one of the features were class based guilds. Each year there was a CTF torny, and the event was organized into guilv v guild. Warriors, Priests, Wizards, Thieves, Assassins. Full class v class teams could be interesting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: messiah.1908

messiah.1908

pls put the second one with commentary

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

dem mantra heals on mid were real for sure. Nice little support build there.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Posted by: vincecontix.1264

vincecontix.1264

Very entertaining and looks like a lot of fun.

Shikamaru X Thief, Warrior, Mesmer, Engi(FT leader)
Highest ranked reached 28 soloq
Isle of Janthir

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

pls put the second one with commentary

Yes please, even if it was a failure it would be a good opportunity for us to learn from any mistakes.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I miss everything good with life being so busy >.<. Can we maybe do this for fun when I am actually able to play :P

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

Any chance for Mantra support mesmer PoV? Never thought it was a serious build in spvp.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aluren.1896

Aluren.1896

Wow! That was a nice victory against their team. Just out of curiosity, was there no standard shatter because of people choosing the specs they are used to or to just shake things up?

Server: Crystal Desert
-Timelys [Pdox][OMFG]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dondagora.9645

Dondagora.9645

Wow! That was a nice victory against their team. Just out of curiosity, was there no standard shatter because of people choosing the specs they are used to or to just shake things up?

Probably chose what they were used to, I think. If one were to logically spec the team, I think they would have added a shatter for the burst potential.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Probably chose what they were used to, I think. If one were to logically spec the team, I think they would have added a shatter for the burst potential.

Generally you bring a shatter build because it has the burst while also providing high output boon strip. We didn’t need that boon strip for obvious reasons. Therefor, we were able to bring builds that had more utility in the form of lockdown without sacrificing too much damage for our offensive front. We had a couple support builds, and then myself as the roamer. This build comp sorta backfired when we didn’t adjust it for the double engie (turrets) comp, but it worked great for a normal team.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

You may want to link in builds and trinkets and runes and sigils. It looks like you guys had a decent comp but it had some holes the community might be suited to theory craft on.

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I’ve been noticing that OMFG was trying to get a team together for a while now. I’m glad you guys followed through with it. <3

Can’t wait to watch the video and see some good footage.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

This build comp sorta backfired when we didn’t adjust it for the double engie (turrets) comp, but it worked great for a normal team.

Looking back, what would you have changed if you knew about the double turret engies?

in Mesmer

Posted by: mango.9267

mango.9267

Looks like fun and I imagine it must be a nightmare for your opponents to call target.

That said, why do you waste your dodges for no reason? For example, at 12:29-12:35, you used up two dodges for no reason, one before you even entered combat. And at 14:17, you start the fight with no dodges because you wasted them while running there.

Second Child

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Looks like fun and I imagine it must be a nightmare for your opponents to call target.

That said, why do you waste your dodges for no reason? For example, at 12:29-12:35, you used up two dodges for no reason, one before you even entered combat. And at 14:17, you start the fight with no dodges because you wasted them while running there.

While I admit there are times where I jump-dodge for mobility / positioning or just have a spasm of badness, there were actual reasons for those dodges.

12:29: I was actually dodging to produce clones. My particular playstyle uses clone-deaths for the AoE weakness/vuln but also I was pushing clones out for a chain-diversion.

14:17: I was scrambling to get to the lord as fast as I could. I knew I wouldn’t need my dodges because they wouldn’t be focusing me, so I blew them for the slight speed boost.

4/4/6 with staff is actually a rather forgiving build. It provides more protection than any other build other than PU, gives me an extra 300 defense from speccing into chaos, and between interrupts, chaos storm, focus, and blurred frenzy I’ve got plenty to protect myself with without needing to dodge, so its not as bad for me to spend dodges on clone production as it is in a Shatter build.

Edit: Looking at this video though, I definitely made some major mistakes. o_O I see atleast four different occasions where I made a pretty foolish decision.

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

This build comp sorta backfired when we didn’t adjust it for the double engie (turrets) comp, but it worked great for a normal team.

Looking back, what would you have changed if you knew about the double turret engies?

I’d have changed builds to a gs + sw/focus phantasm build. That sort of build still roams decently, but more specifically it has a lot of aoe pressure + projectile denial. Those two things combined will debunk a turret engie pretty effectively.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Hey guys, yall wanna link your builds and I’ll put them in the OP? (Mine is linked)

Also.. I am absolutely awful with Moa Morph. =/

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aluren.1896

Aluren.1896

Yeah it is interesting that you mention changing to a phantasm build to increase aoe pressure against Engis. My question was oriented toward burst pressure/dps pressure with a standard shatter vs without a standard shatter rather than a utility boon removal perspective. In the video it didn’t appear like you guys had any troubles with focus firing when there was a target called but it makes me wonder if it would have been easier on a roaming defender to be more burst focused than utility focused.

Also Chaos Archangel, I loved seeing the moa representation regardless of how you think you did with it!

Oh and the build you posted…maybe I’m a little confused but it says it is a CI build but there is no CI?

Server: Crystal Desert
-Timelys [Pdox][OMFG]

(edited by Aluren.1896)

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Also Chaos Archangel, I loved seeing the moa representation regardless of how you think you did with it!

Oh and the build you posted…maybe I’m a little confused but it says it is a CI build but there is no CI?

Aw hell. Epic fail. x_x

Fixed! And ty! Everytime I casted Moa I facepalmed.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

You made my day guys, nice video.