[Video] Phantasms proccing area heals...?

in Mesmer

Posted by: mambastik.8735

mambastik.8735

Some kind of Phantasmal Commander build here. Open up with Defender and Swordsman, then harass with Sword 1 auto-attack. Or in this case, pop another Swordsman and watch the fight. I started recording so I can closely watch my fights, see where I went wrong and where I could do better.

In this particular fight, I noticed something very interesting: my Swordsman procc’ed a heal from a non-critical hit. I run full Cleric’s with Sapphire gems (heal, power, tough). On one sword I have Sigil of Water which area heals on crit and Sigil of Peril on the other (+10% Vuln duration).

As far as wiki goes: Illusions cannot proc Sigils, and Regeneration doesn’t stack in intensity. There were no blast finishers, and no Water combo fields. So how in the world did my Swordsman proc an area heal on hit, which healed my Defender for +965 and my other Swordsman and Clone for +694?

Now, on to the video here.

in Mesmer

Posted by: FLIMP.8172

FLIMP.8172

What runes are you using?

in Mesmer

mambastik.8735

What runes are you using?

No runes. Full sapphire orbs in my equipment and rings/accessories.

in Mesmer

Posted by: chophouse.8056

chophouse.8056

Interesting, if you can please post your build.

in Mesmer

FLIMP.8172

oh right sorry, didn’t pick that up in your OP.

HMMMM. No idea… can’t see anything haha

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

WELL it’s interesting. Is it a glitch/bug ?
I’ll try my healing phantasm build tonight and will see.

Hypothesis : It’s the bugged Signet of Illusion working seconds after, making it a ’’heal’’.

in Mesmer

mambastik.8735

Here’s my build.

This also happens when I set my Defenders/Swordsmen on a gate in WvW. I see the usual ~270 regen ticks on the player mobs, but once in a while I’d see a really big heal tick go off. Need to do more testing if these ticks are also healing players, or just the Phantasms themselves, in which case it might have something to do with Signet of Illusions like Krispera mentioned. However if the big healings are also affecting players, then I don’t know anymore.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

Phantasmal Healing. Your Phantasms are giving themselves Regeneration which, in turn, provides healing in small amounts. The ticks of ~200 are aforementioned Regeneration ticks coming out. Larger numbers could be fields that people are dropping on gates. Not sure about those, though.

in Mesmer

FLIMP.8172

Since defender’s getting a bigger “heal”, it must be a % heal which rules out sigil of water.

Nothing heals for a % of base hp from my memory so it must be the signet bug as Krispera mentioned.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Max.8563

Max.8563

Perhaps the defender has a higher base healing stat, (its known to have more vitality)
Then when your sigil procs it heals each illusion for a different amount

in Mesmer

Posted by: Max.8563

Max.8563

also, why did the same heal only hit you for 5 points?
You were damaged enough to recive higher healing, perhaps the defender is not only taking half your damage, but also taking a proc heal from you.
It does appear dificult to explain tho

in Mesmer

mambastik.8735

also, why did the same heal only hit you for 5 points?
You were damaged enough to recive higher healing, perhaps the defender is not only taking half your damage, but also taking a proc heal from you.
It does appear dificult to explain tho

Yeah I noticed that too, something is definitely bugging. In the video starting from 0:03 to 0:17, all my Regen procs are 5, except when Sigil of Water heals for 512. After 0:17, I disengage from my Phantasms and my Regen goes back to the normal ticks. Maybe Metaphysical Rejuvenation (regen@75%hp) is messing with Phantasmal Healing?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

There’s a few weird things I’m seeing.

First, you have regen ticking for 5 hp for at least 10 seconds in that video. That’s really weird, and we need to try to reproduce that.

Next, your regen is ticking for 227 sometimes and 277 other times. This is also weird, as healing power is not a stat that can fluctuate during a fight.

Lastly, of course, we have the large unexplained healing proc.

3 strange things. I have no clue what would cause any of them. I’m gonna watch the video again to see if I can see anything else.

Edit: The fluctuating regen from 227 to 277 looks like it could have been caused by hitting max hp, but it’s hard to tell from the video. Also, it is very difficult to tell if the strange heal is healing to full hp or otherwise. I’m going to try to reproduce these when I have the time.

(edited by Pyroatheist.9031)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exploding Acorn.3754

Exploding Acorn.3754

There’s a few weird things I’m seeing.

First, you have regen ticking for 5 hp for at least 10 seconds in that video. That’s really weird, and we need to try to reproduce that.

I just had this same thing happen to me. Randomly had my regen tick for 5 for awhile.
Not quite sure what caused it, but I did have multiple phantasms out that were both applying regen to me.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SuburbanLion.8095

SuburbanLion.8095

Looking at the video, it looks like you may have also hit with the sword auto-attack at the same time as your phantasm hit. I’d chalk this one up to a sigil proc from your auto-attack. The damage pop-ups are kind of unreliable when there’s a lot going on at once.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Its happened to me as well actually.

Both randomly getting 5HP regens (Either from Phantasms or Metaphysical Rejuvination, not sure..)

AND getting awkward regen amounts once in a while. I’m nearly positive it has something to do with the Phantasms. But I don’t use iSwordsman or Defender. It happens to me with Warlock and Warden.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

-ahem-

Was just researching some Mesmer support builds and came across this.

I believe what you’re seeing is that Ranger’s pet is a Drake that has a glitched attack called Chomp. It’s been known to heal the target of the attack rather than the drake itself.

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/Chomp

in Mesmer

FLIMP.8172

Lolol. So we were all wrong… Good one Leo!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

Awesome detective work Leo. It figures that after lots of research and testing, it turns out to be rangers that are broken, not mesmers >_<.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo G.4501

Leo G.4501

Not really detective work, I just happened to be involved in a discussion about Rangers in Dungeons and someone linked to a video of a Ranger’s pet Drake tanking champions and stuff. He mentioned Drakes could tank better if their heal skill worked on them instead of the enemy.

The same thread got me curious about Mesmer support and stumbled on this thread. I never played Ranger myself, only knew the bug through 2nd hand knowledge