[Vids] Testing Boonshare - Chaos Maestro v2

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Did someone say… Boonstorm?!

With the updated traits, it’s never been a better time to play a support Mesmer and like with other build-types, we have options! From how the traits are looking, we’ll be able to create sustain/healer-type Mesmer and boon-sharing Mesmer. Tealots and I have been tossing around different ideas, but I wanted to share some of the research I’ve been doing to see if anyone else has any insights or could pick up something I missed. Here’s what I’m juggling:

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-RZ-FF;0kUk61S7kW-71;9;4UVS;0257247048;4d3X4U;1F-03F-035J

• Sword+Focus/Staff or Staff/Greatsword
  • DOMINATION: Confounding Suggestions, Signet Mastery, Power Block
  • CHAOS: Master of Manipulation, Chaotic Dampening, Chaotic Interruption/Bountiful Disillusionment
  • INSPIRATION: Medic’s Feedback, Warden’s Feedback/Restorative Illusions, Illusionary Inspiration

CURRENT PROS

• Boonsharing over 9000! With Mimic-Signet, Signet, and trait, we’re tripling over on our boonsharing. Do a little /dance in Chaos Storm, interrupt one or two folks, and let the boons fly.
  • AoE Distortion With all these signets, it won’t be hard to protect allies with some team-wide distortion. Don’t forget that F4 distortion should also count… Which does make me curious about Signet of Illusions.
  • Decent damage With the addition of iPerosona and iElasticity, our damage output should definitely be respectable especially if speccing Chaotic Interruption
  • Dat Lockdown Tho I really just wanted Signet Mastery.. But hey, why not guarantee a stun when Chaos Storm dazes? Why not inflict weakness on enemies along with Immobilize and Blind/Cripple/Chill? All the better for iWarlock, which would gain a 30% damage boost per interrupt.

CURRENT ISSUES

• Bountiful Disillusionment(BD) vs Chaotic Interruption(CI) – While BD seems like the obvious choice here, I can’t help but keep glancing over at Chaotic Interruption. BD now offers some fantastic boons, such as Vigor and Fury, to allies while granting a decent amount of shareable Stability. Chaotic Interruption is more of a gamble, but offers a bigger reward. Using Focus/Staff it isn’t uncommon to interrupt 2 or more people with a single Temporal Curtain or Chaos Storm, and since each interrupt grants 5x Might + a random boon, CI could offer a better payoff. (Yes, I realize I barely abbreviated CI. xD)
  • Zerker Amulet While this build isn’t meant to burst people down, I have always struggled to find a reason not to use Zerker in a power build. Especially now with such frequent access to protection! The problem, though, is in the role of the build. Would Celestial be better? Perhaps Valkyrie to stay alive longer? Uncertain still.
  • No Deceptive Evasion I don’t know if DE is necessary here, since this a team build and if I’m in a 1v1, I’m doing something wrong. But.. Its DE. That’s a loss to both offense AND defense.
  • No Blink/Decoy Still torn here, but I’m hoping Signet of Midnight’s stunbreak/Distortion/Cleanse along with Bountiful Disillusionment’s Stability should provide enough defense.

test footage
Zerker
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=emDqmVPHkaw

bunker
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=4FJHe3H3LAU

duels with Skcamow
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HYT303aRVRU

Ah.. Decisions. So far the build is shaping up to herald in a glorious return of boonsharing, but still has a few utility kinks to work out. I’d love to hear any and all opinions on how to optimize!

NEW CLIPS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d6S3N7FrVS4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J8qTaOC1G-o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qjEtEu8nuBw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DnIpTXefOSM

MATCH FOOTAGE (WITH NOTES)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DEu8v0RD8Ps

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

I dig it!
I’m also considering a similar build, though GS/Staff for WvW (melee = instant death for me). I’m thinking swapping to Imagined burden for might stacks, Bountiful D for more boons, and Restorative Illusions for on-demand group heals with Healing Prism.

I love the set-up though… I’m hoping support is a worthwhile focus in HoT.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nalkahn.7948

Nalkahn.7948

Is Chaotic Dampening important for this build ? In my thread, I suggested to switch Bountiful Disillusionment with Chaotic Dampening.

So your choice could become : Master of Manipulation, Bountiful Disillusionment, Chaotic Interruption. Are we sharing the same interest ?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Allarius.5670

Allarius.5670

Hey Chaos! I had something similar in mind when I mentioned “Inspirational Interruptions” in the lock-down thread. But since were are talking about Chaos Maestro, here are some quick thoughts from a pvp perspective …

The build wants to be front to mid-line to maximize boon generation and amplification. Even with frequent protection, zerker is going to be more vulnerable. With the condition changes much of staff’s damage feels wasted without some condi investment.

Interruption here can be used as a precision implement to put priority skills on cooldown and/or generate boons. That versatility sounds great but feels like it is pulling the use of interrupts in two directions. The Domination traits are nice, but the build might get more mileage out of 0/6/6/6/0 and going celestial. It adds more condition pressure, staying power, and increases the effectiveness of other possibilities (Restorative Illusions).

Dueling: Phantasmal Fury or Desperate Decoy, Blinding Dissipation, Deceptive Evasion
Chaos: Master of Manipulation, Chaotic Dampening, Chaotic Interruption
Inspiration: Medic’s Feedback, Warden’s Feedback or Restorative Illusions, Illusionary Inspiration

I think Robert said in the video that Restorative Illusions still removes conditions from allies. Even if this isn’t the case it still gives improved personal staying power.

If the build is expected to be a primary point holder, Bountiful Dissillusionment may go up in priority, but Shoutbow goes without stability just fine. The synergy
with Into the Void>Phantasmal Warden in a team fight is just so nice.

Considering the likelihood of being in the midst of a fight, blink feels like a must for the on-demand re-positioning. Null field would also help with Chaos Armor upkeep in
addition to all its other perks.

I think these changes would help give the build more of a defined role to fulfill in addition to spreading the boon love.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Irxallis.7350

Irxallis.7350

You have several amazing combos here:

Domination/Inspiration Signets:
1) Every signet will grant you (and thus, your partymates) the Distortion
2) Every signet will drop one condition from you
3) You have one hidden Signet – Inspiration GM. This means every 24s when you cast a phantasm you have one extra condi dropped and one condi cleansed (I hope so; it is possible it only has the recharge reduced; I will have to try it when traitchange comes). And ofc you will apply Distortion to allies (question to ask: if there are less than 5 allies, does this get passed to phantasms as well)

Chaos/Domination (Chaos Storm as a deathtrap)
1) Every Daze gives 5 vulnerabilities
2) Every interrupt gives 3 vulnerabilities, 5 mights, boon, 2 sec Immobilize, Halting Strike, +weakness
3) Chaos Storm becomes a monster from hell.

High control
1) Fc4 and Fc5 are reflections; this allows you to create a safe spot vs necromancers and rangers (bonus for pulling in a proper moment)
2) Every interrupt immobilizes; unless enemies are really into anti-conditions you have insane cover condis from clones and Chaos Storm
3) You have high condi duration because of 3% per boon from Chaos.

Now, I have been using the combination of Chaos Storm, Chaotic Interruption and Halting Strike paired with Mantra of Distraction (in WvW for all it’s worth and in sPvP duels vs friends to see how it “feels”). And from those experiences I would strongly recommend Mantra of Distraction to you in the setup you designed simply because it is the “initial immobilize” which will allow you to force enemies to stay in your Chaos Storm and it allows you to capitalize on Chaotic Interruption and apply more pressure onto opponents.

So:
- Immobilize enemy somehow (bonus points if immobilize comes from Temporal Curtain pull followed by Sw3→Sw3).
- Cast Chaos Storm and iWarlock and watch enemy with Mantra of Distraction ready.
- Enemy is immobilized under Chaos Storm. Usually, unless very tanky, starts to panic at this point.
- Enemy tries to do anything, I will Mantra them to prolong immobilize even if it is autoattack (bonus: sweet Halting Strike damage)
- No matter what happens, enemy is at at least 5-15 vulnerabilities now
- iWarlock can deal up to 7k damage in crit in Berserker spvp amulet if enemies have 5-7 conditions. And if they are immobilized, it will hit (for once).

Mights you are going to generate will definitely help in the damage area and you will pass them to the partymates. So from my experiences your build as designed would be something like… area denial tool / support > control > damage unit with those utilities.

What I used was XXX / Blink / Mantra of Distraction, therefore I am more control > support ~ damage in Berserker amulet.

What does Mantra give you: 5 guaranteed vulnerabilities, 2 interrupt procs (with all the interrupt goodies).
And this is where I would swap Medic’s Feedback for Restorative Mantras: small heal for you and for partymates.

Unfortunately, I am speaking from WvW roaming perspective where I am used to lots of space and I am not too experienced in conquest; but if I was to play Chaos Maestro 2.0 I would go:
- Berserker amulet
- Mantra of Distraction in place of Mimic
- Ether Feast in place of Mirror
- Perhaps Blink in place of one Signet; need to check how it fares
- Restorative Mantras in place of Medic’s Feedback

and see how it goes and how does Blurred Inscriptions really work as a trait (in terms of synergies with Illusionary Inspiration).

From my point of view the build you designed has damage and REALLY lets your partymates deal even more of it ;-). I like it.

~Eirill Zarkandor, [MM] mesmer from Gunnar’s Hold

https://www.youtube.com/user/IrxallisGaming/videos

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

@Nalkahn It’s super important here. Chaos Armor now grants 5s protection, which means it’ll be very easy to gather and share 10 to 18+ seconds of protection depending on how you work your signets and combo fields. Also, having Storm/Armor on a significantly lower cooldown means more boonsharing overall. I saw your suggestion, and I would absolutely love that, but I can see why they kept it as-is to add in more build variety, this way not every boonshare or condition build would have the exact same traits.

@Allarius: Once I started putting the Domination traits in, I thought of you. =P You make some interesting points, and in this case Rampager or Celestial (for the condi) MAY be better if I stick with Chaotic Interruption’s might stacking. I feel like I’m going to be fiending for DE, so I may go into Dueling, but remember the Signet trait is still up in Domination, and so with two signets + Illusionary Inspiration I’ll be able to give on-demand AoE Distortion; I can’t see anything in dueling that could compete with that from a support-perspective.
As far as interrupts go, I’m not too worried about splitting their use: I’ll be rupting as usual, but keeping a specific eye out on my boons when I ’rupt two or more. Still, I cant wait to give your suggestions a try.

@Irxallis I’m also really liking your suggestions, especially for a WvW variant! In WvW I doubt I’d be running Mimic, which would give me opportunities for Mantra of Distraction. I’d also likely not be running the signet trait nor Sig of Midnight… Hm, it’d probably be turning into a very different playstyle. I’m thinking I’d probably go for a more glamour-based lockdown build, but I’m not sure MoDistraction would have room there.

With glamours, I can easily split the build between interrupts and glam, probably going for condition damage or a hybrid of sorts. I’m really liking that new glam trait, especially with Feedback, Null Field, and Timewarp. Traited Focus would help a lot here too, but I’m wondering if Staff or Greatsword would be better. Also.. I’d neeeeeed deceptive evasion in WvW, both for damage and defense. So I’d be Inspiration/Dueling … Chaos? Hm.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Morfedel.4165

Morfedel.4165

That looks like a lot of fun, I’ll look forward to trying it out!

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=https%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DemDqmVPHkaw

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=https%3A%2F%2Fm.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3D4FJHe3H3LAU

Added video links to some preliminary tests using slightly different gear. Initial tests are interesting but I still have a lot of questions. Things of note:

• Build is a very different playstyle. The combination of illusionary inspiration and bountiful along with having so many signets and AoE distortion makes for a LOT to learn. You’ll notice a lot of bad habits I have carried over from Deceptive Evasion and I spend a lot of time paying less attention to the match and more at my boons/synergies.
  • AoE Distortion every 10(being realistic here) seconds or so is also interesting but its hard to tell exactly how effective it is at the moment.
  • Triple boonshare rocks, but something seems bugged with durations. Double boo shares are frequent.
  • You can cancel-cast the phantasm and still get distort/signet

My main goal is to find out is if this is all worth it. Can Mesmer fill a new role besides damage?

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Fun dueling last night against this.

From a pure support perspective I would change a couple things up to generate more boons. I think you’re too heavily focused in the lockdown traits when your focus is more support. And yes I say that knowing you could technically call lockdown passive support.

• Try Imagined burden to generate more might. I know you don’t like GS though …
  • Try furious interruption over blurred inscriptions.

Thought behind that is either go all in with signets or none with respect to this trait. The trait is tricky to begin with when you’re talking conquest and capping/holding points. A single 1s distort can lose a cap in the middle of a fight. Being a support build I tend to think “point holder” and you may stay alive a little longer in zerker but may lose the point due to the distorts.

• Try CI to see how it goes.

The boons are pretty good with BD but in the build you have here it doesn’t feel like enough. I’m unsure if CI can bridge that gap though with the randomness. BD gives you on demand boons and near perma stability which will lock you on that point. The stability was close to a hard counter to my build you were dueling last night. If you wanted to go with a more passive sharing build you could build more lockdown and function more as a roamer and +1 to fights. That might work with CI in mind.

• Finally, I would experiment with a few other amulets to give you a bit more staying power. This especially if you’re using BD.

I think you want to be a bit more tanky to be able to hold those points. The perma stability and zerker amulet kind of work against each other IMO.

I’ll qualify all those thoughts to say that in order to make this kind of build work you need a coordinated team as opposed to randomly sharing here and there. To that end, I watched supcutie’s stream for awhile last night and zeromis was rocking a boon share build but was augmented heavily with a staff guardian to provide might to refresh. It seemed to work very well; the build’s presence was noticeable and effective, but they were in lock step with each other.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Appreciate the input man!

• Try Imagined burden to generate more might. I know you don’t like GS though …
  • Try furious interruption over blurred inscriptions.

It’s not that I don’t like GS, nor was I intentionally focusing on interrupts, it’s that I see staff as FAR more effective in this situation. Chaotic Dampening puts a single Chaos Armor/Storm on a 20s cooldown, and with 10s of armor I can pump out storms pretty often, which really helps boon generation even without the signet. I’d consider GS/Staff, but Sword kind of goes along with the whole staff thing. Still, I’m willing to give it a shot.

Was considering Furious Interruption too, ESPECIALLY if I grab Chaotic Interruption. My only gripe here is that without any way to trait boon duration, it’s really hard to get a decent amount of quickness to share. If I’m not using GS, pistol or scepter, the quickness isn’t really all that useful for me personally. The signet trait is fantastic, albiet very different from what I’m used to. I actually tried running without it for a bit while we dueled (or rather… accidentally ran without it) and I felt much less effective.

Distort losing the cap is actually something I hadn’t considered much though. I’ll keep that in mind.

• Try CI to see how it goes.

I will tonight. CI vs BD is the biggest argument I’m having with myself on this build. That stability though.. man it’s nice. Stomps are guaranteed with this build.

• Finally, I would experiment with a few other amulets to give you a bit more staying power. This especially if you’re using BD.

I tried soldiers for a bit after zerker, with runes of Mercy to grab 30% revive speed. I actually didn’t feel much of a difference in my survivability but noticed a massive drop in damage. I’m still juggling different ideas as far as amulets are concerned and am definitely not married to Zerk… it’s just what I’ve been most comfortable with on lockdown. Any other suggestions would be massively appreciated though.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Have you consindered using the Marauder Amulet and try Superior runes of Alturism? I’m about to give that a go, with the 12 cd on mirror heal you can a 3x might stacks more and fury to spread around on a more controlled ratio, then what Pack deliver?
ofc. you will be missing out on the swiftness :/

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Have you consindered using the Marauder Amulet and try Superior runes of Alturism? I’m about to give that a go, with the 12 cd on mirror heal you can a 3x might stacks more and fury to spread around on a more controlled ratio, then what Pack deliver?
ofc. you will be missing out on the swiftness :/

Gonna give it a try today. I tried Altruism runes and I liked them, especially since gathering swiftness isn’t a problem.

But Pack Runes, Signet of Inspiration, Focus, Sigil of Speed = perma swiftness and 1 minute 20 second swiftness shares. glorious!

in Mesmer

Posted by: alanis.6094

alanis.6094

With a signet build, I find a hard time giving up the signet heal. Esp with it now providing the distortion to your party (as traited).

Drusilla Ina Alanis
<The Undead Lords>
Since 1994 – undeadlords.net

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pepsi.8907

Pepsi.8907

I dig! Will try your build with Signet of Domination, Rune of Strength and Celestial Ammy just to see the changes. It’s probably more of a Hybrid lockdown/condi with some boon share in the mix, and I feel like I’ll pull myself in too many direction, but OH WELL

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Don’t have time right now, but I’m SUPER excited to contribute to this thread and see what awesome work you have going on with boon share!!

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

in Mesmer

Pepsi.8907

Alright, made a few tests, overall the damage is correct, nothing to fret about.
I feel like it’s more of a bunkish/teamplay build, especially compared to a true rupt or a shatter build.
What really makles this build shine are the boons.
I have tons of boons, ALL THE TIME.
The lacking point comes into spvp, I feel it is more of a tpvp/organized group, where you can call your shared boon.
It is decent in 1v1 and I can actually hold my ground quite well in 1v2, even 1v3 (but this one I suspect it was skill play more than the build itself)

I’m trying a variant, keeping Signet of inspiration, but switching mimic and midnight for MoD and Phantasmal Defender, I also replaced Ether Feast with SotE with zerker amu and monk rune…
I’ll see how this plays out and give feedback

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vieux P.1238

Vieux P.1238

If you gotta play Boon or super support, you gotta play super tanky with almost no dammage. Or else get rekt!

in Mesmer

Pepsi.8907

Again me
I really LOVE the potential of this build, but here’s what I notice
I don’t really feel the use of mimic with the actual pump of phantasm available… to be honest
By using Shatters both as OFFENSIVE and DEFENSIVE play, you stretch out too much and lose actual potential on both sides.
Because Shatters are such a core mechanics in direct damage, I feel the same when trying to fit a rupt/direct damage build with a boonshare/support
I made quite a bit of changes, where people may not agree on, I actually simply kept the idea of boonshare as a whole, which is a really interesting play for mesmers
but YES it IS condi and not interrupt at all

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-RZ-3l;0k2G51S7gW-71;9;4UVW;0147247248;4SsWFT;1jzyvjzyv9J

Why the changes?
As I said earlier, I thought that by staying raw dps/rupt it stretched the skills in two opposite direction (sustain AND dps) To keep the actual boonshare, I decided to swap to a more defensive build relying on DoT and condis, and a more passive play where I had more time to focus on the actual boons I had on myself than the fight, knowing when to share and when to… not share.
For me, the best weapons for dishing out reliable condis are scepter/torch and staff, so I left the sword and focus and switched.

Knowing that, I tweaked on the build. I need stealth and Defense, so I kept MI, traited Prismatic Understanding and Idefense with chaotic transfer for the aditionnal condi

Since my shatters would only be used as a rare condi pump (CoF) and mostly a condi cleanse/heal, I needed to keep my phantasm as long as possible, so switched Medic feedback to Persisting image.

with that, I can keep up to two Pdefender (haven’t seen the impact yet or how it reacts)

Now here the big change: Domination for Illusions
I switched the distort and clean condi on signet for condi clear on torch, increased speed on scepter
Now because I’m not really using shatter, I decided to use Phantasmal Haste, but the phantasm I possess are… well… they are not the sword or focus phantasm, let’s keep it at that…

Because there’s lots of passive/stealth going on (sorta) I switch EF for SoTE.
socked in a nice tougness/condi dmg/healing power amu and traveler rune (tried toughness rune, but the min maxing difference is abysmal at best (depends on your preference for offense/defense, but I feel you actually lose more on the overall with another rune than traveler)

CURRENT PROS
Boonshare over and over again, with the actual phantasm, the stealth boons and the signet I have lots of boon to share, and lots of sharing skills even without mimic

Decent passive damage: Passive damage can be sneered upon, but here, where your goal is to SHARE your boons, you don’t have time to focus on the fight. Let your pretty illusions pump the dps, throw in a few skills and focus on your teammates, that’s where you shine.

Stealth/healing/Pdefenser: Now that’s what I call sustain, trust me. I could 1v2 with little problems, and 1v1 drags on forever YES even against a thief. And the condi cleanse? Unless you,re being locked and vomitted on with condis, you have decent cleanse at decent CD, that burning guard will just drop his jaw when he sees his over 9000 stack of burning cleanse away.

Mobility: 90% swiftness uptime added to 25% mov. speed of traveler? nothing can run from you without teleports, I swear it’s a joke. Just AA with scepter to keep torment on and you’ll laugh maniacally.

CURRENT ISSUES

Not much invuln: I actually miss the distort on signet, but it’s a fair trade-on that doesn’t cost too much, I believe.

no DE… A skill I’m missing even though my illusion generation is quite alright (especially since I don’t shatter much)

No Blink/Decoy: Again, same issue, I’m used to them, I love them to death, but I have stealth from MI and The Prestige, 25% mobility increase with 90% uptime swiftness, I think I mitigated the impact (let’s hope the 1 stun break I have will be enough)

No insta cast skills (beside staff 2): that’s a bummer, if I get thrown, pulled or whatever, I can die really easily, my only stun break is a channel skill and if I’m locked out of staff, I have no means to get away, I must rely on not getting touched with those locking skills

Vulnerable to condi spam: I may have lots of condi cleanse at first, but then everything is on cooldown and the vit is HORRIBLE. It’s intelligent cleanse, because, otherwise, it,s certain death. I swear DON’T GET CONDI SPAMMED without condi cleanse…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

What about Melandru runes + Signet of Humility? You lack stun break and target drop, so destroying CC effectiveness could be a huge boon for you.

Didnt read through the thread, didnt get much time except to review the build itself and that’s one thing that jumped out at me.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

@ Ross & Pepsi I will have replies for y’all shortly, but I wanted to throw this up while I had the chance.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/external?l=http%3A%2F%2Fintothemists.com%2Fcalc%2F%3Fbuild%3D-RZ-FF%3B0kUk61S7kW-71%3B9%3B4UVS%3B0257247048%3B4d3X4U%3B1F-03F-035J

That is the current version of he build after tests from Warlord and I yesterday. Much smoother, better sustain, more synergies and damage. There are new video links up of some of our duels/tests with the updated build. So far it is shaping up to be quite strong. Many thanks to Warlord of Chaos, icyicyicy, Jace al Thor , skcamow, stickerhappy and Xela for helping with the tests yesterday!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tealots.6095

Tealots.6095

I know that dampening was nerfed, but do you really gain enough condi damage from Chaotic Transference to make it worth it, or did you click that by mistake?

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Whoops, good catch! Dampening is still preferred, moreso for the on-demand Protection than the cool down reduction.

Also, running with offhand sword offers me another leap finisher for chaos armor

in Mesmer

Tealots.6095

Oh, wow! You know, I considered running with the OH-Sword for the Temporal enchanter/CD build I run. Does the Chaos Armor from the iSwordsman apply to the Mesmer (as far as cooldowns go?)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Oh, wow! You know, I considered running with the OH-Sword for the Temporal enchanter/CD build I run. Does the Chaos Armor from the iSwordsman apply to the Mesmer (as far as cooldowns go?)

Casting the swordsman is a leap finisher on the Mesmer, while the swordsman leaps are local to itself.

in Mesmer

Tealots.6095

Seriously, I never knew that.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Been a busy day at work, so haven’t been able to post as much as I’d like, but I’ve got a clip of a match from last night I wanna share. Lord knows I wish I recorded the match BEFORE this one. Was epic and a fantastic demo of the build.. Ah well, this’ll do.

Notes on the build are throughout the video

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Ross: Melandru + Humility is a good mix, actually.. Will try it out. I’ve got Signet of Midnight for stunbreak though.

Pepsi: That is an interesting and entirely different take on boonshare than what I’m working on! I’m curious to see your results but one thing stuck out as curious to me.. Why signet of Domination? Without blurred inscriptions you’re free to put anything you want in your utilities, why not grab Decoy?

I’ll give your spec a shot this weekend and let ya know what I think!

in Mesmer

Posted by: QQing.3089

QQing.3089

Video is set to private

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

Ross: Melandru + Humility is a good mix, actually.. Will try it out. I’ve got Signet of Midnight for stunbreak though.

Pepsi: That is an interesting and entirely different take on boonshare than what I’m working on! I’m curious to see your results but one thing stuck out as curious to me.. Why signet of Domination? Without blurred inscriptions you’re free to put anything you want in your utilities, why not grab Decoy?

I’ll give your spec a shot this weekend and let ya know what I think!

Since you’re no longer running traited manips, more reason to drop MI (though PU becomes utterly redundant). That said, you can then swap out Mirror heal for Mantra heal, which is the kitten as soon as you’re running the Inspiration Line. You shouldnt need the reflect anyway since you have distortion on every signit, including f4, and a f4 recharge on signit -_-, which can also be utalized to cover mantra heal recharge (the behind charge cd is amazing now).

Just a couple more thoughts.

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

(I tried mantras before, they work, but not my style. The mantra heal is nice with the distorts though) Actually, the link was incorrect. I am using Manipulations atm. Fixed. Also made the video public.

… This is what happens when you think you’re cool enough to do everything on your cellphone.

Anyways, I’m happy to say that so far I’ve been pleasantly surprised by this build’s effectiveness. It seems to be nearing completion, I just need to answer a few more questions.

• It’s obvious the build is more powerful in a teamfight, and despite its impressive boon generation, truly excels when soaking up boons from other classes; how good is the build alone. How well can it work in SoloQ?
    So far so good, I don’t have any concerns over the build’s 1v1 capabilities nor how useful it is in a team fight, my question now is if it’s unique capabilities make it worth taking over it’s competition. It’s time to check other builds in other classes to answer that age-olde question: “Is it statistically and functionally worth taking over [x]?”

One thing is for sure, this build has a playstyle unlike anything I’ve played before, even from the previous version. Like with most of the builds I tend to make, it isn’t easy to pick up at first but, once you adjust to all the tools at your disposal you’ll find a build that’s powerful, supportive, durable, and very versatile with a lot of layers of complexity.

Again, I can’t thank enough everyone who’s helped put this together.

in Mesmer

Ross Biddle.2367

(I tried mantras before, they work, but not my style. The mantra heal is nice with the distorts though) Actually, the link was incorrect. I am using Manipulations atm. Fixed. Also made the video public.

… This is what happens when you think you’re cool enough to do everything on your cellphone.

Anyways, I’m happy to say that so far I’ve been pleasantly surprised by this build’s effectiveness. It seems to be nearing completion, I just need to answer a few more questions.

• It’s obvious the build is more powerful in a teamfight, and despite its impressive boon generation, truly excels when soaking up boons from other classes; how good is the build alone. How well can it work in SoloQ?
    So far so good, I don’t have any concerns over the build’s 1v1 capabilities nor how useful it is in a team fight, my question now is if it’s unique capabilities make it worth taking over it’s competition. It’s time to check other builds in other classes to answer that age-olde question: “Is it statistically and functionally worth taking over [x]?”

One thing is for sure, this build has a playstyle unlike anything I’ve played before, even from the previous version. Like with most of the builds I tend to make, it isn’t easy to pick up at first but, once you adjust to all the tools at your disposal you’ll find a build that’s powerful, supportive, durable, and very versatile with a lot of layers of complexity.

Again, I can’t thank enough everyone who’s helped put this together.

Good, because it’s now slated as one of the 5 full Mesmer pvp team comp builds. Now, the user better perform or else [balls and shakes fist]

in Mesmer

Pepsi.8907

I wanted signet of domi for better condi, but I switched out for decoy in the last games and it’s working better
I may switch the signet heal for mantra because of the amount of stealth I have for Recharge…
I’ll test your new build tomorrow, but in the meantime, here’s my video
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=cyjS3EBvuI0

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

So it turns out the build has been tweaked yet again!

This is a rather unfortunate chance, but the previous version of the build struggled in pvp due to distortion so losing the cap. While I haven’t given up on it(and see no reason why it wouldn’t work in WvW anyways) Warlord and I worked on a more tournament-viable variant that is actually very similar to the pre-patch version of pvp Chaos Maestro. (Dueling/Chaos/Inspiration)

Anyone who used the pre-patch build should feel right at home with this version.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-RZ-FF;0kUV11S7-W-71;9;4UVT;0258247038;4d3X4U;1pLQhpLQh5m

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lqNR788GGxA

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=a03nEVqXEOE

…I always seem to have a lousy start. -_-

in Mesmer

Posted by: Warlord of Chaos.7845

Warlord of Chaos.7845

I tried GS instead of sword sword last night and I really liked how it played. I lost a little protection but I gained a huge amount of damage. If you want to do a GS staff version of this build I think it can work. Chaos probably will never use GS but that’s besides the point :P

Also, I saw in your vids that you dodge out of the mirror heal early. If you do that, you will NOT get the condi cleanse OR altruism proc.

-Rylock [vE]
Retired.

(edited by Warlord of Chaos.7845)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Amadeus.5687

Amadeus.5687

Inerestring that you dropped the domination line and by that, the signet trait. Kind of a shame the Diversion becomes anti productive! But the more shatter focused (for more boons) focus seems to be a nice approach to the boon shareing! I’m gonna give that a go 2morrow!
Today I have been testing a condi version of it that looks like this:
http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-R3lZ;1kUV1187oW-71;9;4WUV;0236258247;4S-H6V;1pLQhpLQh1J
But I have very mixed results when running in pug sPvP :/ It works a lot better when the team is cordinated! I have had quite some fun with Arcane Thievery tho, where you can get some tasy stuff to send for you group!

I felt in the power versions my damage often where to lackluster, hence I’m giving condi a go!
Also, it seems like you allways pick Prismatic Understanding instead of Bountifull Dillusioment in your builc calculator!

in Mesmer

Chaos Archangel.5071

Also, it seems like you allways pick Prismatic Understanding instead of Bountifull Dillusioment in your builc calculator!

What the eff!

/fix’d

in Mesmer

Pepsi.8907

It’s a bummer that the distort is counter productive, I actually liked it better :/
May still keep it however, I’m of the mind that as long as you win a fight, losing the point during doesn’t matter.
I kite so much anyway, that I can’t even stand on the point and end up losing it either way…

Anyway, Since we’re on the topic of boonshare, I’ll still post my idea there, simply because you’re the basis of mine, but I went on a totally different road than you, and sacrificed any kind of damage for a full bunker/support boonshare build with condis as a bonus.
Got a few variant, but overall they remain the same :/

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-R3lZ;1ZUF61y6ZW-71;9;4VWU;0147248147;41tG6U;1OZG5OZG59I
Intothemist didn’t let me do it, but replace the sigil of bursting for sigil of life
You got passive heal from the rune, and an effective active heal from mantra (2 condi cleanse) with the IDefender added to your toughness you don’t go down easily.
Scratch that, I needed a necro condi with burning guard and thief to get me down :/
Any Power based build just won’t have the capacity to kill you, not with your stealth, boons and armor

You can be pure bunker/boonshare if you take the rune of Dwayna instead of Dolyak and you transform yourself in a nice regen/healing/boonshare bot.

You can swap restorative mantra for Medic’s feedback and Mercy rune to be an incredible rezzing asset

Or go back to a more offensive build with Sigil of Ether Feast (Passive heal), rune of the traveler and sigil of bursting instead of life

I’ll post videos soon enough…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Emtiarbi.3281

Emtiarbi.3281

I tried the Soldier Amulet because i felt so squishy (maybe because i’m noob? d:) and it worked better than i expected.

Anredhal Amethyst – Lain Amethyst – Orss Jerre

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

The Signet distrotion is definitely very strong in WvW, I run it last 2 nights.

There is also very strong bunker/boom share variant for this build where you trait Temporal Enchanter instead of the Illusionary Inspiration.

http://intothemists.com/calc/?build=-RZ-FF;0kUF01S7BVV71;9;4UVT;0258248038;4d3X4U;1pLQhpLQh5t

• The number of Glamour utilities is up to your personal taste. I miss blink :’(
  • Nice thing about portal is that you can start it and unless you finish it you can swap it for different Glamour out of combat (WvW or unranked only).
  • You loose boom share on phantasm every 25s, but the resistance is very strong support option.