"We're to be watching Chaotic Dampening."

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

So says the devs.. Annddd still no change. Really? Really tho?

You can’t possibly feel 2% is enough. Cuz its not, not even on paper.

Also, duelists discipline. Fix plz? Condi Mesmers everywhere are still sore over the 50% Maimed Nerf.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

They are still “watching”, I guess… :\

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lishtenbird.2814

Lishtenbird.2814

Yes, watching it in case it needs a nerf to match the current straightforward, streamlined approach to mesmer.

20 level 80s and counting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

Honestly i’d be fine with it being kept exactly the way it is if we could get a small buff to all of the staffs CD’s..

If i recall correctly they have been upped at least 2 maybe 3 times since the game launched and that was during the point in time where we had a flat 25% reduction in our traits.

We no longer have this option to make the skills ludicrously OP by spamming them so why not argue that they could do with being taken down a notch to compensate and then see how the new trait works out?

maybe a 28s cd on chaos storm as its base please?

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

They said they’d be watching it, not doing anything about it.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Loxsus.3841

Loxsus.3841

Let’s be fair that they’re only human, guys. They’re allowed to be bad at their jobs just like anyone else :P

Passive aggressive joke since Duelist’s Discipline and other bugs have been going around for awhile; reported and posted with no fixes while still putting out other rebalancing? Or reverting Mantras while never, until now, declaring it was a bug despite all the questions raised? Yes, I think they’re actually doing a poor job especially with how slow the turn around is for these bug fixes and how terrible they’ve been about communication in many aspects.

I joke a lot and don’t take the forums too seriously but I’m honestly very disappointed in Arena-net devs with their turn-around times.

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

All I want is confusing combatants back. QQ And MtD reversed to the way it used to be.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alpha.1308

Alpha.1308

They said they’d be watching it, not doing anything about it.

+1

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hammerguard.9834

Hammerguard.9834

Is that why torments so freaking weak?

… I still want tengu.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

They’re watching to see if people will have lower cooldowns!

Still haven’t seen anything, so clearly it’s fine.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

Chaotic Dampening AND The Pledge.
Actually i’ve been wondering for a while now but why are some phantasm have a cooldown of 25-30 sec? for example: phantasmal mage, a 6 sec burning ever 6 second really worth 30 sec of cd when we have shatter as the main mechanic?
Oh yeah, Consume Ectoplasm too, i mean wtf, 10 sec of every boon?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sthenith.5196

Sthenith.5196

Take a dartsboard, hang it on the wall in Anet’s office and occasionally throw a dart at it to determine what class and skill to change. You get the same rediculous result you have now.
Players are asking for some needed changes to certain traits and skills, and instead they do something completely different and baffling (to say the least) which begs me to question if they even played their own game.

Over half the guild i’m in doesn’t even come online anymore and even then they just do a dialy and move to another game, hoping (against better judgement) that some things will improve. So far, that ain’t happening.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stalima.5490

Stalima.5490

isnt >damage<, neutral just broken at the moment?

i mean axe/torch rangers able quickly stack up 7-8k bleed/burn DoT etc…? thats pretty much a thief/ele/guardian dead in like 2 seconds

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Take a dartsboard, hang it on the wall in Anet’s office and occasionally throw a dart at it to determine what class and skill to change. You get the same rediculous result you have now.
Players are asking for some needed changes to certain traits and skills, and instead they do something completely different and baffling (to say the least) which begs me to question if they even played their own game.

Over half the guild i’m in doesn’t even come online anymore and even then they just do a dialy and move to another game, hoping (against better judgement) that some things will improve. So far, that ain’t happening.

Have you been on the forum since the June 23rd patch? Even with the buffs we got, there are Mesmers on here calling for nerfs. I’ve pointed out many times that we need to stop being a self defeating community when Anet’s track record to properly balance classes is so bad, but yet people pushed on. Now we are getting nerfs that are not necessary, and imagine the nerfs that these Mesmers called for actually go through later? This class would be back to how it was pre-patch.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Tongku.5326

Tongku.5326

So says the devs.. Annddd still no change. Really? Really tho?

You can’t possibly feel 2% is enough. Cuz its not, not even on paper.

Also, duelists discipline. Fix plz? Condi Mesmers everywhere are still sore over the 50% Maimed Nerf.

PvE condi mes still does around less then 1/2 damage of other condi builds, especially engi, ele, guard. I know because I play them. Condi mes is jsut stupid pathetic in comparison with my engi. In addition to having around 40% – 50% of their total damage, we also lack burst in condui builds. on engi I can attain almost zerker burst, pretty close to it though the peak curve is slightly behind zerker, but I give a ton of group might + other buffs while at it.

Chaotic Dumpening I use exclusively for the prot, not for the reduced recharge. The recharge on staff skilsl is just kittened for 2 reasons.

1. It is sooooooooooooo sllllllooooooooowwwwwwwww that it can’t be felt. Its is jsut meaningless in its current form.
2. Can’t execute Chaos Armor procs in PvE due to overlappign fields vast majority of teh time. My Chaos Armor proc is around 30% of what it should be, so the recharge reduction effect simply does not kick in, even if it worked (which it doesnt) it doesnt proc enough in the 1st place.

PLEASE REVERT THE STAFF RECHARGE BACK TO ITS OLD ORIGINAL FORM, 20% FLAT RECHARGE REDUCTION, IT WORKED, THIS DOES NOT.

Heavy Deedz – COSA – SF

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

5 days later. Sorry for the mini necro.

I really really hate this change. Staff cooldowns are ridiculously long beside Phase Retreat. I’m not even talking about the pitiful animation and speed of Winds of Chaos.

Chaos Storm -> Walk -> Phase Retreat ?
Chaos Armor 35 seconds cooldown, lel.
Auras/Chaos Armor not stackable.
Overlapping fields. (As Tongku said)

You need to work so much harder to get your Chaos Armor up and you won’t get the same efficiency as before (20% flat reduction) if you don’t have Glamours in your utilities.

Hell, my bleeding GS condi build is better than Staff for fast condis stack. Easily 2500-2700 condi damage. While a Winds of Chaos travels at turtle speed, I stacked 10 bleeding on a single target with a homing fast laser.

The staff and the trait makes me sad.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

It’d be easier if we had Warrior weapon swap recharge (iLeap pRetreat).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ryouzanpaku.1273

Ryouzanpaku.1273

bump this is really sad trait now

Player plays the game. MetaKitten plays the DPS meter on the golem.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Plok.5873

Plok.5873

I second the request to change The Pledge and Chaotic Dampening to flat 20% cooldown reductions.
The former is only strong with stealth-biased PU builds, and there it is almost too strong.
The latter, well, plainly sucks, even if we follow the push to Chaos Armor as much as possible.

Pry Bar in yo’ face, You big disgrace / Box of Nails all over the place
Pet project: Outfit overhaul.