What Kind of Mesmer Are You & Why?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Shatter, Glamour, Confusion, Inspiration, Mantra…. I can honestly say that if I had never browsed the forums, I wouldnt know half of what I do about builds and Mesmer versatility. There are a lot of extremely helpful players in the Mesmer forums running all kinds of different builds, so it made me curious..

• What kind of build are you currently running and why’d you choose it over the others?
  • What do you play most? (PvP, PvE, WvW)

Bunker - 5
Glamour/Condition - 28
Hybrid - 20
Inspiration/Support - 6
Mantra - 4
Phantasm - 22
Shatter - 27
Interrupt - 4

“Bad Mesmer”: Jax =P

Like my signature says, I run a full support Sword-Focus/Staff Mesmer in PvE/WvW. I chose this because, in the first few months of the game, so many people claimed that Mesmer couldn’t make reliable support characters compared to a Guardian or Elementalist and were better suited for damage. I havent played many MMOs (AoC, Champions Online) but Ive always felt a special satisfaction in saving/supporting ithers both in games and in IRL so I seeked to prove ppl wrong. With the help of many people on these very forums, I believe I succeeded.

In sPvP, Im currently running a hybrid Sw/Sw glamour-Shatter build.. but it changes often.

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Delofasht.4231

Delofasht.4231

I play with the Inspiration Trait line almost always now (have been for about 4 months actually). The extra health is important, the heal does more, the damage from Phantasms is higher, and the trait choices allow you to do just about anything you need.

“I’m sorry, my responses are limited. You must ask the right questions.”
- Dr. Alfred Lanning, fictional character of great intellect.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bead.8609

Bead.8609

I tried being a mantra mesmer GW/SW.P but shatter builds are just so much better.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

I play the build in my sig link most of the time, since it’s so versatile, and I can move around and do the most with it. The trait lines are set up so you can do a few things, but at its core it’s a phantasm tank/survival build.

Occasionally when running with a zerg I strap on my CD gear and retrain for glamours, too. All those bags are just too inviting when cash runs low.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rakuren Kenshou.7689

Rakuren Kenshou.7689

I run a phantasm build. I use Greatsword and Sword/Pistol. Loving the new laser pierce, as I strafe a lot and it works best while moving.

I’m technically support as my phantasms grant protection/regeneration. I am ALWAYS moving in combat though. I love it, but it’s not for the light of heart. Very different from my tanky shout warrior who stands still 99% of the time.

“I reject your reality and substitute my own.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aberrant.6749

Aberrant.6749

20/20/0/0/30

Shatter build and can flip to a decent glam without re-training (non-optimal glam though). Just needs to swap gear. Very useful in WvW.

I run a phantasm build. I use Greatsword and Sword/Pistol. Loving the new laser pierce, as I strafe a lot and it works best while moving.

I’m technically support as my phantasms grant protection/regeneration. I am ALWAYS moving in combat though. I love it, but it’s not for the light of heart. Very different from my tanky shout warrior who stands still 99% of the time.

I used to use a phant build until they bugged out izerker, made phantoms not appear on dodge/block/blind (although most I fight seem ignorant to this), and nerfed the protection from regen (3/10s seems like it would be more balanced since you can always just kill the phantom they are hugging to end it imo). All that together is a bit much imo Whenever they at least fix izerker I’ll revisit it

Tarnished Coast
Salvage 4 Profit + MF Guide – http://tinyurl.com/l8ff6pa

(edited by Aberrant.6749)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

A lot of interesting responses, I’ll edit in a count of playstyles into the original post to have a clear tally of most-to-least used playstyles

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jester.1236

Jester.1236

<Rushes in>

I almost didn’t make the list!! Mantra representing!!! What is Fay sick or something?? Anyways i dance around, then spike them down! 30/30/0/0/10. I am to old to hit things fast, so i just hit them hard now!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Limey.2769

Limey.2769

After trying out tons of different options (first 80 was my mesmer at release), I’m now playing a CD confuse build with scepter/torch and staff. 0/20/20/0/30. Confuse bombing a single target to 15ish stacks is just way too much fun. Thieves and eles tend to insta-kill themselves, warriors too.

Only heavy condition removal builds are painful, but I’m so mobile and tanky that I can usually last long enough for another round of heavy confusion.

Contemplating another run at a phantasm build, which I ran in wvw when I first got to 80, but it’s been a while and I forget how to build it

Anyway, I’m a clothie addict, 80 mesmer, 80 ele, 80 necro, and the only thing heavier is my 80 guardian. <3 the squishies!

System: I5 3570k@ 4.4 ~ 7970 X-fire ~ 32GB DDR3 ~ 2×120gb SSD ~ 2×2tb storage drives

in Mesmer

Posted by: SamStar.9481

SamStar.9481

I run a 10/30/0/0/30 Build and absolute love it because it fits my playstyle since I use sword/pistol as my main because I am a very offensive player and I use my staff for the defense. I used to use GS (and I do miss it at times) but Staff have saved me SOO many times!!

But I am going to try a Power/Condition setup soon as I I finish my armor set for it to see how that works out

in Mesmer

Posted by: Esplen.3940

Esplen.3940

10/20/10/25/5 where my phantasms and I do about the same amount of damage. I picked Mesmer because I loved the Mesmer in GW1. I also love the idea of deceiving and confusing enemies.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Limey.2769

Limey.2769

Guild Wars is the only MMO series I’ve ever seen with that I’d call a “caster rogue” in the mesmer, rather than the more traditional leather wearing stabby stabby rogue.

This is a great concept, I wish the “illusionist” concept was more popular in games.

System: I5 3570k@ 4.4 ~ 7970 X-fire ~ 32GB DDR3 ~ 2×120gb SSD ~ 2×2tb storage drives

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sedgy.5904

Sedgy.5904

I play a 0/20/20/0/30 conditions clones and confusion build with a staff and sword/focus, mainly because I find it most fun and it gives me a bit more toughness and a better chance to survive if I do something stupid (which still happens to me) xD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

20/20/0/0/30
Occasionally swap to 10/20/10/0/30 for more defense if I need it. Mix of Berserkers and PVT gear.

Absolutely LOVE shatters and armies of clones. I swap between PvE (solo, groups, and dungeons), and WvW pack-roaming. The key for me is an effective balance between damage and survival and a build that works in enough environments that I don’t have to respec.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chesire.9043

Chesire.9043

Glamour - The trait setup is your standard 20/0/0/20/30 in PvE and WvW but my gear is different from what people normally run with this build. In sPvP I run my very own variation of this glamour build (and it is effective team support as well) with a setup of 0/0/20/20/30.

I run these two builds because I prefer to be the most unique as possible and make it work. A lot of Mesmers want to run the fotm shattercat build but I love conditions and these two builds pile them on.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

Guild Wars is the only MMO series I’ve ever seen with that I’d call a “caster rogue” in the mesmer, rather than the more traditional leather wearing stabby stabby rogue.

This is a great concept, I wish the “illusionist” concept was more popular in games.

Yeah, I love the concept also

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Posted by: Iavra.8510

Iavra.8510

Finally got my mesmer to 80 today =)

I am currently playing 0/20/30/0/20 condi/confusion. I already have a bunker guardian and a glascannon thief so a condition spec was the next step for me and it’s a lot of fun so far ^^

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

Oh, I guess I should reply to the topic. I generally run a phantasm with the same point allotment as Chaos Archangel but with different traits and swap the offhand positioning. Or I’ve been running 0/25/30/0/15, staff, scepter/torch.

Edit: Oops forgot the part where I was supposed to say why. The phantasm build because it’s perfect for dungeons and works well in wvw for roaming but not so good for zergyness or siege. The confusion build because scepter/torch much funnnnn in wvw

(edited by Kazhiel.8194)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Darthaemos.6370

Darthaemos.6370

I’m a full zerk, shatter mesmer. I use this build because I like seeing big damage numbers, watching my illusions run up to a group of mobs and explode, and seeing chunks of enemy HP go down with each shatter. Also, I pretty much do only high level FOTM (40-48) these days, which is where my build is most useful.

Birgitte / Graendhal / Aveandha
Death and Taxes [DnT] | http://www.dtguilds.com/

in Mesmer

Posted by: ODB.6891

ODB.6891

I run a very balanced build, 15/10/20/20/5. Sword/Sword as my main set and Scepter/Focus as my off set. I’m pretty tanky in this set up with high uptime on distortion and the block from sword #4. I do decent damage, but I rarely ever shatter illusions. I prefer to keep my illusions alive if possible for 9% reduced damage and the regen/protection from phantasms. I only have one trait boosting illusions’ damage…empowered illusions in domination. I have mender’s purity and warden’s feed back in inspiration. I have illusionary defense and master of manipulation in chaos. I have blade training for reduced cd on all my sword abilities in dueling. I run zerker gear in combination with my semi tankish traits. I don’t focus on conditions at all…just direct damage. If i could ditch the scepter from my off set and use a main hand pistol, I would do so gladly. The scepter is my only real gripe about my current set up.

(edited by ODB.6891)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

I’m typically a condi/confuser spec. Usually some variant of 0/20/20/0/20, the other 10 points are floating. Full Rabid Armour/Trinkets, Rampager weapons. Superior Undead Runes (was Centaur for a while, but missed my 4-500 extra condi dmg.)

As for why, it’s all about the Mindkitten. I won’t kill you fast, but you’re going to die.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

(edited by Advent.6193)

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

In every class I seem to find myself trying and running the most hated builds. Did it for ranger and made the tanky BM ranger since everyone was complaining about pets before it became cool on forums. Was kind of proud of that one.

Mesmer I am running Sceptor/Sword Sword/Torch suicide clone build 10/20/10/0/30. I have a lot of CC and weakness support I can provide to dungeon runs allowing our Guardian Anchor to stand better and everyone else to get out of the way. And in PvP I always have crap to shatter, its awesome. The constant blocking and prestiging really kittens people in PvP too. Add that to my invisibility utilities and blink and it becomes quite trollish.

knight and valkyrie mixed armor, valkyrie weapons, and knight jewelry to give myself some tankability since i spend a lot of time close up to maximize the clone suicide potential.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

As I’m currently limited in terms of equipments (FULL berserker armor/weapons/ascended trinkets), and stuck to my current weaponset because they are all transmuted legendary skins (GS, Sword+Focus), I find that the typical shatter build (20/20/0/0/30) runs the best with my set. If I have more leniency in terms of equipment though, I would really like to run my sPvP build in PvE which is a tank/support mantra healer.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Posted by: Suzut.4905

Suzut.4905

I run a hybrid Phantasm build:

Staff / Scepter+Pistol / Trident

Ether Feast/Mirror Images/Phantasmal Defender/Radiation Field/Time Warp

10(III)/15(II)/0/25(IV,V)/20(III,X)

Weapons: Rampager; Sigils of Fire / Perception+Accuracy
Armor: Rampager; Runes of the Undead
Trinkets: Berserker Amulet, Cavalier Accessories, Rings, and Back; all use Exquisite Ruby Jewel

See here:
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/mesmer/?4.1|6.1o.h17|b.1o.h8.a.1o.h1|1o.719.1o.719.1o.719.1o.719.1o.719.1o.719|1g.67.1i.67.1i.67.1i.67.1i.67.1i.67|a3.f2.0.p45.k3a|0.0|31.35.36.2.3q|e

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zen.4678

Zen.4678

+1 for each of Glamour/Confusion (all rabid), Pure Condi Shatter (all rabid), Hybrid Phantasm Shatter, SC Heavy, and SC Mist.

I keep a spare weapon and armor set to swap builds on the fly as per what is needed, but the last 2 weeks have seen me being Glamour no matter the situation.

I don’t choose one over the other and enjoy playing them all. I play mesmer for the versatility and ability to do exactly what’s needed for a given situation. What I really need is gear/skill templates so I can literally swap on the fly instead of having to go to a stupid retraiter all the time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nevhie.6079

Nevhie.6079

I run GS + DUal Sword Build, Called my Build MSS.
With main Role as Shooter.

Reason…?
Well i dunno… 1st time play mesmer. Read some “General Guide” Of Mesmer. Then learning that if u can summon 2x Phantasm don;t shatter them or ur dps will drop. Therefore i learned “Double Phantasm” After that realized GS#2 and GS#4 clones are arrived next to enemy. Take Mind Wrack damage +20 then learned “Long Range Spike damage” Then realized how cool Sword #2 then i fell in love with Sword. Check Wiki about Phantasm atk rate learned iSwordman is best for my DOuble Phantasm. If there’s a reason probably coz my ping 250ms and not really good at rotating camera so i choose to become a Shooter. But overall. I chose Class from its looks 1st.. ABilities next. Hahaha…

Nevhíe
GreatSword Mesmer
Jade Quarry, Strike Force [SF]

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mister Mustard.7203

Mister Mustard.7203

I play a 0/20/20/0/30 conditions clones and confusion build with a staff and sword/focus, mainly because I find it most fun and it gives me a bit more toughness and a better chance to survive if I do something stupid (which still happens to me) xD

This sums me up nicely, except I use a Scepter in WvW instead of the Sword I use elsewhere.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dracatis.1908

Dracatis.1908

15/0/15/20/20
Vuln/Confusion/Daze Mantra Mesmer
Sword/Torch + Scepter/Sword
Pretty much I’m pretty hard to take down and I win long fights. I posted my build in the stapled thread if you want to know the exact details. Play around with the weapon combination and you’ll get how it works pretty fast, jump in and out keep them always unready.

“We are the makers of the music, we are the dreamers of the dream”
-Willy Wonka(Gene Wilder)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ironvos.9014

Ironvos.9014

I run a balanced phantasm/support/bunker style build.
GS/staff 0/20/30/15/5
It’s pretty good allround, i do fine in 1v1 in wvw, great in small scale wvw and have decent survivability to run with a zerg.
Gear is knights for most part, some soldiers in it aswell and ruby’s in the trinkets for damage boost.
Passive condition defense of -56% condition duration kind of makes up for the lower vitality and makes life a lot easier when facing enemies with things like immobilize, chill, fear.
I run a build like this cause i don’t like to be squishy in wvw, but i want to put out decent damage aswell.

Here’s all the details
http://gw2buildcraft.com/calculator/mesmer/?4.0|1.1c.h15|6.1c.h4|1n.79.1n.79.1n.79.1n.79.1n.79.1n.79|4u.0.1n.67.1n.67.1n.67.1n.67.1c.67|0.k1a.u3ac.f4.5|16.8|33.3d.3c.34.3o|e

Far Shiverpeaks
Luna Solares – Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

Does anyone have a video of 2 good mesmers running a shatter vs a phantasm build in pvp or wvw? I’d like to see how it’ll play out and which build will eventually come out on top.. As far as I love phantasm builds (which i originally rolled as for the first few months of the game), I’ve come to like shatter builds a little bit better because they kill stuff faster (as a pure DPS) and yet still has a bit more leniency in survival via their utilities.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

in Mesmer

Posted by: athuria.2751

athuria.2751

I run a Phantasm build, with dual swords/staff. They have good offensive/defensive capabilities and I have strong in-battle sustainability while still being able to pump out decent damage, so that’s right up where I like to play. It’s also similar to how I used to play my Mesmer in GW1, which was a focus on damage and hexing to punish enemy behavior (albeit doing the second part more defensively now).

Syrlya | Sylvari Mesmer
Arabelle Jones | Human Engineer
Stormbluff Isle

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

There’s only shatter. If you run anything else to be ‘different’ you’re doing it wrong. Running anything but shatter heavy builds is like playing with one hand and not playing as much as you would with both hands. If you don’t shatter you 1) deal pathetic aoe damage, 2) don’t apply aoe confusion (which isn’t amazing in pve but still free damage), 3) don’t build any Might stack to deal EVEN more damage with everything… Fail if you focus on phantasm crap or anything else.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

There’s only shatter. If you run anything else to be ‘different’ you’re doing it wrong. Running anything but shatter heavy builds is like playing with one hand and not playing as much as you would with both hands. If you don’t shatter you 1) deal pathetic aoe damage, 2) don’t apply aoe confusion (which isn’t amazing in pve but still free damage), 3) don’t build any Might stack to deal EVEN more damage with everything… Fail if you focus on phantasm crap or anything else.

Actually your narrow mindedness is pretty fail imo, but then the only time you post on forum is to hate on something whether it’s a build or a weapon, I don’t know why you even bother when everyone else has proved you wrong over and over :P

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Well, I don’t know what you’d call it, but I run Strife’s build for PvE (http://www.guildwars2guru.com/topic/79487-buildmy-dps-mesmer-guide-for-organized-dungeon-groups/).

I’ve tried other builds, but this seems to do the best dps while giving the reflection ability to curtain, which I’ve found is pretty invaluable in dungeons.

I haven’t done a ton of PvP on my mesmer yet, but I lean towards shatter builds when I do.

in Mesmer

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

10/30/0/0/30 Sw/Sw+Staff Shatter build. Because it’s awesome!

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Aylaine.1036

Aylaine.1036

20/20/0/0/30 Shatter Build, utilizing daze shatters for 25 stacks of vulnerability during Time Warp. The ultimate way to not only boost your damage, but everyone elses.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Plumsucker.9507

Plumsucker.9507

I run 0/20/30/0/20 scepter/torch and staff in spvp. Sooooooo much fun watching people kill themselves with 12-15 stacks of confusion. I used to think confusion was a nice secondary condition when I was running shatter builds, but I have come to realize it is one of the best conditions in spvp. If you don’t think it is then you are missing out.

in Mesmer

Posted by: miniatureian.2501

miniatureian.2501

I run staff/sword, swapping the offhand as the situation requires. Using knights gear and 10/20/20/0/20, I can switch between phantasm focus and shatter focus based on what the dungeon needs. But put me down as phantasm, usually.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dog.1472

Dog.1472

Hooked on shatter. I’m trying out confusion now and again, but I just prefer shatter because of the more active playstyle.

“Please, you can look down on people without having to be physically above them.
As an asura, I do this all the time.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2735

Fay.2735

<Rushes in>

I almost didn’t make the list!! Mantra representing!!! What is Fay sick or something?? Anyways i dance around, then spike them down! 30/30/0/0/10. I am to old to hit things fast, so i just hit them hard now!

haha! Ironically.. yes I have been sick as well as extremely busy (annoyingly)! But yes Mantra representing here as well Got two builds going Damage: 30/20/0/20/0 & Support: 10/0/20/30/10

•— Fay Everdunes | Fay Erduna | Lilyfay (Fay.2735) — Mesmer/Revenant — [NA]FA — 8k±Hrs Played —•
Have you heard of the city? The ancient uru? Where there was power to write worlds

in Mesmer

Posted by: Geronomo.5317

Geronomo.5317

I run a 20/20/0/0/30 shatter build, with a staff and sword/torch. While a shatter build, it focuses more on the potential condition damage I can pull off by combining the staff’s number 5 with The Prestige and the six runes of Balthazar I run. The extra stealth is also nice to get out of fights with, as a commander who gets focused a lot.

The typical combo I run is: Phantasmal Warlock> Staff #2 (name escapes me)> Chaos Storm on target> swap to sword> Prestige> Illusionary Leap> Swap> Blurred Frenzy> Mind Wrack during the frenzy> Blink> Decoy.

The stealth from The Prestige lasts even during abilities, so it keeps me from getting targeted while finishing my combo. The damage stacks from the conditions, warlock burst, blurred frenzy, and mind wrack as a finisher really hurts groups.

The Seldom Seen, Mesmer- [Gods] (I have a commander tag now!)
Co-leader of the Dead Gods on Blackgate!

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Atm I mostly play Shatter cat Mist 0-20-20-0-30, this as it offers everything a mesmer want for roaming. Superb survival, fantastic movment and enought burst to down a staff tank guardian in a 1 vs 1. I dont get bursted down by glascannon thiefs and I can escape gank teams to suddenly turn back and pick of ppl.

Seems most shatter mesmers run 20-20-0-0-30, this spec is extremly fun aswell but can only talk good of the0-20-20-0-30 specces aswell.

/Osicat

(edited by Osicat.4139)

in Mesmer

Posted by: natzmc.2895

natzmc.2895

Mostly I run a phantasm build making the most of 15 points in duelist so every time I crit I stack a bleed, which combined with phantasmal duelist = a LOT of bleeds, I have a very high crit chance and the 8 times a duelist shoots it at least crits 6 times, usually more. For me its a high dps on a single target and is imo the best way for fighting dungeon bosses. But if it is wvw or somewhere with a lot of group mobs then I would go down a clone/ shatter build.

Personally, everything you said only applies to wvw, maybe spvp though phantasm build has made me top of every match I have ever played, but a shatter aoe build is not the best use of mesmer abilities in most pve circumstances. IMHO of course.

(edited by natzmc.2895)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

I run a very weird 20/30/20/0/0 Rampager PvE build using Staff as my main and sword/focus for when enemies want to get up close and cozy. While it’s not good at anything in particular, it has an odd jack-of-all-trades vibe which allows me to pull off things even I didn’t know mesmers could do. I think the crowning achievement was soloing the Risen Priest of Grenth with all his adds and widdling away 50% of his health before finally being joined by 2 competent players. Considering that there were 20 players at the start of the event and none of them lasted more than 2 minutes, you can understand the overwhelming odds I had to contend with.

in Mesmer

Posted by: zuroism.2471

zuroism.2471

Glass cannon shatter mesmer, I absolutely love playing the mesmer because of the style of play that it has. I have leveled a warrior as my first 80 and also a thief later on but they are just not as fun as playing my mesmer. I originally started off with confusion bombing but I enjoy shatter mesmer much more as it’s more fun when rolling around solo.

I only have 1 regret when it comes to my mesmer and that is creating a norn mesmer. I thought it would be fun to make a giant mesmer but I find it more practical to be smaller.

Zuro Of Oz – Mesmer – 80
Dragonbrand

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mayhem.1935

Mayhem.1935

Hybrid sword/torch & staff / trident, 0/30/30/0/10.
This build gets it done small fights in wvw for me. Lots of survial ( 3.1k armor/ prismatic understanding trait) with some great burst. (2.9kp, 50% crit, 90% crit dmg).
Never lose 1v1, and if it gets hairy with too many folks its easy to bail. (decoy, veil, blink, mass invis utility slots).

Used to play shatter and it was hard to go a different route but im glad i did.

-The Swindler-Mesmer —

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheComet.6471

TheComet.6471

I’ve been running a healing bunker build since September/October, still super relevant and fun.

The build is 30 inspiration 30 illusions with the remaining 10 wherever it feels relevant for the weapon set of the month (right now it’s Staff/GS with 10 in Chaos with damage reduction per illusion).

My utilities are Mimic (reflect my own projectiles for te defensive benefits), Feedback, and Mantra of Concentration/Phantasmal Disenchanter/Phantasmal Defender/Signet of Illusions. Mantra of Recovery is my healing skill.
I run The Water for my runeset and my armor is a combination of Magi and Cleric.

The build is centered around using my shatters with or without illusions for heals on top of my already huge heals. On top of that, I have mimic and feedback for excessive reflection to shut down ranged fighters, and I can build up chaos armor and retal quick

Fun stuff, I can be a decent support healer in the group with water and restorative mantras triggering at the same time as well as supporting fields

Kaineng – Co-Leader of Skrittical Hits
Sybol – Healing Bunker Charr Mesmer (80)
Dresdon Honorclaw – Zerk All-Ranged Charr Warrior | Hawke Fullmoon – Melee Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Actually your narrow mindedness is pretty fail imo, but then the only time you post on forum is to hate on something whether it’s a build or a weapon, I don’t know why you even bother when everyone else has proved you wrong over and over :P

lol narrow mindedness… in 2k hours on my mes i think i had enough time to try ‘other AMAZING BUILDS’… nothing comes close to shatter builds for pve/pvp. not sure who’s the dude who proved me stuff and such so yeaaah. When its pretty much the only class you play since game’s release you don’t need any confirmation from some random dude on a forum to tell me if i’m wrong or not. You think other crap is better than shatter builds for pve? okay run that lol not me who’s gonna bother explaining why you shouldn’t.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

not sure who’s the dude who proved me stuff and such so yeaaah.

How about all the people who have posted vids and guides for a big variety of builds, showing them quite effective despite all your claims that shatter is the only good build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mayhem.1935

Mayhem.1935

lol narrow mindedness… in 2k hours on my mes i think i had enough time to try ‘other AMAZING BUILDS’… nothing comes close to shatter builds for pve/pvp. not sure who’s the dude who proved me stuff and such so yeaaah. When its pretty much the only class you play since game’s release you don’t need any confirmation from some random dude on a forum to tell me if i’m wrong or not. You think other crap is better than shatter builds for pve? okay run that lol not me who’s gonna bother explaining why you shouldn’t.

Watch 7 mirror vids he has plenty of non shatter specs on vid and crushes dudes, usually multiples at once.

-The Swindler-Mesmer —