What a joke.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: StickerHappy.8052

StickerHappy.8052

Guardians get in depth features on their elite spec.

While mesmers get 2 traits. Rubi also mentioned she does not like mesmer that much.

Not blaming her entirely but our feature lacked professionalism.

Champion Illusionist Champion Hunter Champion Phantom Champion Magus

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Jedge.3619

Jedge.3619

Jon said in the chat that traits would be released at a later date.
I just wish they’d show the traits so we can actually being theorycrafting.

What a Churlundalo

What a joke.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Released on a later date? why? why didn’t guardians have theirs released on a later date?

putting The specialization feature in POI is a bad idea, Ready Up waaasss wayyyy better.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Every profession reveal should have been hosted on Ready-Up, NOT Points of Interest. At least they corrected their mistake. You give Rubi much too much hate…

You’re being a bit dramatic though. They went through all of our utilities, the other shield skill and the new Continuum Shift shatter in addition to 2 traits with hints at even more traits.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Jedge.3619

Released on a later date? why? why didn’t guardians have theirs released on a later date?

putting The specialization feature in POI is a bad idea, Ready Up waaasss wayyyy better.

Trust me. I’m not happy about it either. I asked if it would be a blog post or later in the video and he responded with “later.” So basically Later™

Every profession reveal should have been hosted on Ready-Up, NOT Points of Interest. At least they corrected their mistake. You give Rubi much too much hate…

Next profession reveal will be on Points of Interest I believe…….

What a Churlundalo

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Probably because it’s much easier to take a class that is strongly positioned in every Meta and very straightforward in its gameplay and make additions to it …

… as opposed to a class that is not strongly positioned in the meta and has a very “special” sort of gameplay … not to mention several different builds that can play quite differently … just compare shatter vs phantasm vs interrupt

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

You’re being a bit dramatic though. They went through all of our utilities, the other shield skill and the new Continuum Shift shatter in addition to 2 traits with hints at even more traits.

Guess what? the next specialization feature is POI again. LOL.

Same with the guardian, did 5 weapon skills, all traits which is 12 traits total, all the utilities, sample builds, the elite, the new virtues. Im not blaming her entirely, she couldve just showed our feature a little bit more of love.

(edited by StickerHappy.8052)

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

Well that’s very dumb. Look for that profession to be kitten as well…

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: BobbyT.7192

BobbyT.7192

Later date,…like the release date -_-

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: rchu.8945

rchu.8945

Guess what? the next specialization feature is POI again. LOL.

Same with the guardian, did 5 weapon skills, all traits which is 12 traits total, all the utilities, sample builds, the elite, the new virtues. Im not blaming her entirely, she couldve just showed our feature a little bit more of love.

writing is on wall, people just need to be mentally prepared when HOT comes, Mesmer might still not get much love from the devs. It’s really too bad that such a unique and iconic class is not being treated with more attention compare to other classes.

Sanctum of Rall
Pain Train Choo [Choo]
Mind Smack – Mesmer

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

Wheres is the mesmer compensation about the off-hand weapon? I have not counted how many new utilities receive the guardians but al least 3 + 5 skills from the longbow + heal + elite + 3 new active virtues…. Our F5 perhaps?

Even John Peters has opened a new thread in the guardian’s subforum to receive ideas about how change the tomes.

(edited by Zoser.7245)

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Levetty.1279

Levetty.1279

Spoilers: Anet cares more about Heavy armour classes then Mesmer.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Wheres is the mesmer compensation about the off-hand weapon? I have not counted how many new utilities receive the guardians but al least 3 + 5 skills from the longbow + heal + elite + 3 new active virtues…. Our F5 perhaps?

Even John Peters has opened a new thread in the guardian’s subforum to receive ideas about how change the tomes.

Pretty sure the compensation comes from F5 and Alacrity. Its looking like we’ll be able to manage our cooldowns well enough to make all our other skills recharge much faster, opening up new combinations, builds, and making certain utilities much more lucrative.

(Double portals. Double Illusions of Life., ECT.)

Whether or not that is good enough compensation remains to be seen, but I already see potential for some interesting plays.

@Sticker: I’m gonna just.. Scrape a little bit of salt off your cheek for my fries if ya don’t mind. =P So they got a larger preview than us, not that big of a deal. Besides, Dragon Hunter is a harder sell than Chrono. I’ve seen more than enough to be hyped for HoT.

(Also. I shall be seeing you in-game soon. Come transfer to Pyros server so we can WvW!)

(edited by Chaos Archangel.5071)

What a joke.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Pretty sure the compensation comes from F5 and Alacrity. Its looking like we’ll be able to manage our cooldowns well enough to make all our other skills recharge much faster, opening up new combinations, builds, and making certain utilities much more lucrative.

Whether or not that is good enough compensation remains to be seen, but I already see potential for some interesting plays.

@Sticker: I’m gonna just.. Scrape a little bit of salt off your cheek for my fries if ya don’t mind. =P So they got a larger preview than us, not that big of a deal. Besides, Dragon Hunter is a harder sell than Chrono. I’ve seen more than enough to be hyped for HoT.

(Also. I shall be seeing you in-game soon. Come transfer to Pyros server so we can WvW!)

It’s just mind boggling how they treat other classes, I bet you the necro and ranger one would suck too in terms of presentation.

Dude, Dragon Hunter already surpassed ranger in terms of a Ranger Can do! I think they are easier to market because it will be an easier class to master than chronomancer.

Anyway, I am just complaining about the lack of info they gave on our class, 2 traits really?

More than anything I also heard a lot “We are thinking this would be too powerful, so we are still thinking about it” statements on our presentation. lol

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zoser.7245

Zoser.7245

The revealed + the combos from their utilities + skills seems really deadly. The demonstration in the Mist was great.

We will see. Sure…

What fear me is that… the more skill ceiling we need to be effective or proper, fewer players are going to play our profession and less community support. At least, for now, we have some good initiatives in our forum.

(edited by Zoser.7245)

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

They said the same thing in the dragon hunter presentation about still adjusting numbers, as they did in chronomancer’s.

Jon Peters also posted in the stream earlier that the chronomancer traits would be released very soon (I’m guessing within a week). Why haven’t they been before now? Who knows but we’ll have them soon enough.

I agree ready up is a lot better platform to showcase these specializations.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

For now, as it currently is. We don’t know too much about traits so we don’t know the interaction too much or how they will gel with other lines. I think if someone perhaps just poked their nose in and said “hey, the traits weren’t finished so we didn’t show them” that would help.

Also, let’s face it, it will get whined about and nerfed. I know it and deep down everyone here knows it. People won’t see the cost, they won’t see that the really good mesmers have been fighting hard and getting really good with a more difficult to learn class for a long time. All they will see is “double moa for 10s OP!!1” or even worse double spike shatter time warp craziness.

I feel more sorry for rangers at the moment, they had a good viable trap build which was good, solid and required skill and now guard has taken a big fat….symbol(ism) on it.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

They said the same thing in the dragon hunter presentation about still adjusting numbers, as they did in chronomancer’s.

Jon Peters also posted in the stream earlier that the chronomancer traits would be released very soon (I’m guessing within a week). Why haven’t they been before now? Who knows but we’ll have them soon enough.

I have a hunch our traits would be released via a post or dulfy, without any explanation of like “We choose this trait, because we felt…” It’s just gonna be that post with bold faced characters and bullet points..

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SlimChance.6593

SlimChance.6593

I also think that most of these Elite presentations are going to be initially way OVER THE TOP. Just like it was in beta.

Once they actually start playing them together and against each other, there will be some significant changes.

Eccho, Echo Oread – Mesmers (Yak’s Bend)
My EchoRupt Build - Forum Post

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Arshay Duskbrow.1306

Yeah, and notice Guards, one of the professions that fears Thieves the least, gets a trap that reveals stealth, and yet we get nothing.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sebrent.3625

Sebrent.3625

Yeah, initial impressions looking at it … I’m aggravated. It does look like a “better Ranger”.

Already gave my opinions in the Ranger forum:

They said in the video they wanted a backline weapon … that sucker isn’t backline … it’s on a heavy armor class, wants to pierce so it can cripple, wants to be in melee so it can interrupt every 7s with a knockback (that will cripple more), and so on.

3s of stability on a 4s cooldown with an 0.75s cast.

It looks like it needs some tweaking … downward if that wasn’t clear enough.

Christian. Husband. Father. Friend. Developer. Gamer.
Try your best to not make mistakes, but, when you do make mistakes, learn from them.
Better yourself.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

I seriously do not want to see our traits presented in Word Format or whatever, its just like “Okay, here’s your traits, like or not” Not even an explanation of how, what, etc.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

I’m gonna take a wild guess that the Chronomancer was in more active flux than the Dragonhunter. They had a whole extra week to firm things up, for instance, and probably the Dragonhunter posed fewed design challenges for them in the first place.

Why not lead with DH instead of Chrono, then? Hype management, I think. Chrono is a very flashy elite spec, and it’s also very easy to digest as far as being “Mesmer plus new stuff”. It sets a good expectation for what most of the elite specs will probably look like, whereas DH is a slightly bigger departure (completely revamped Virtues, traps on a class they don’t intuitively make sense on) from its base class.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Knox.8462

Knox.8462

Maybe the Chrono traits are still being developed? Dragonhunter’s traits seemed fairly finalised, apart from one grandmaster.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithamir.5928

Ithamir.5928

Not to sound condescending, but a guardian is much easier to play than a mesmer. Therefore, it’s easier to balance. Hence, Anet showed the Demonhunter spec line but not the Chronomancer one. I completely understand that. However, why not start with the guardian’s then, is beyond me.

I do however think that we got the short end of the stick, presentation wise.
Don’t show the new specialization with a Dev that openly dislikes the core class! I felt personally insulted.

Praise be to Balthazar, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zenith.7301

Zenith.7301

Continuum Split is a whopping 90 sec and Alacrity has low uptime regardless of usage.

Chronomancer is mostly a PvP spec.

Even the phantasm for shield is basically focring you to wait out a blocking cast to even summon it, creating further delay and ramp up.

Just you wait, the luster for PvE mesmers is gonna wear out when they notice all their crap has humongous cooldowns for the sake of PvP balancing because they won’t split skill balancing acriss formats.

Then you’ll have Continuum Split’s temporal rift immediately killed the moment you shatter assuming your illusions can even shatter because the game showers entire areas with lethal aoe.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

Not gonna lie, I’m pretty irritated at this point. I was (and still am) very excited about chronomancer. However, I forgot the cardinal rule of GW2:

Whatever Mesmer gets, Guardian and Warrior will get something 10 times better

Proof of that today. The guardian traps are hilariously strong, their skills on that weapon are fantastic, and many of their traits are just flat out broken.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Easily available, long lasting, easy to use damage and defence for guards. Don’t worry mesmers, you get the something almost as good, once you jump through the hoops of fire, they’re just past the laser guided sharks and wall of tigers.

Ok, sort of joking (I think) there. I do believe that chronomancer is stronger or could be. Just need to see those traits before I grab the pitchfork. It kinda hinges on them and maybe some changes to some other things while they finalise it.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

I really enjoyed the stream today! I wish we’d had some of the features in the Mesmer one. The ending bits where they walked through a nice long combo of skills and decimated a foe was particularly great to see. We had one terribly long fight with that scale-throwing beast, then another fight at the end with a bunch of minions and the mesmer ended up dead.

Stream qualities aside, the Dh looks like a beast! It really struck me as a “don’t judge a book by its cover” example. Both the videos and the blog posts for the DH were pretty ho-hum, but seeing it in action was fantastic.

I really can’t wait to see where the Chrono lands in the hands of skilled players.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

You’re being a bit dramatic though.

You do realize this is about the same as saying “You’re being a bit Stickerhappy though”, right?

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sabwa.7358

Sabwa.7358

To be fair here, if we were one of the last prof’s revealed we would still have a thread up about how little they care about us. Lets be happy we have what we have.

If anything I’m glad they are taking time on our specialization and not rushing it through.

Edit: “They” being anet.

(edited by Sabwa.7358)

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ross Biddle.2367

Ross Biddle.2367

To be fair here, if we were one of the last prof’s reveled we would still have a thread up about how little they care about us. Lets be happy we have what we have.

If anything I’m glad they are taking time on our specialization and not rushing it through.

Edit: “They” being anet.

I think the idea here is that Anet have just stated that they want to highlight the fact mes is meant to be a highly skilled, high reward class to play. Only then they show us guard who has comparative (or greater) power/reward but only at the cost of their usual A-typical spammble, faceroll weapon skills/rotations. In otherwords regardless of our power, Guards (and possibly others) will get it waaaay easier.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

ANET just stated that they want to make Mesmer unplayable, except to supper gamer kids with maxed out computers and no life to speak of. The real joke is “Skill Based Play.” That’s ANET’S code for “requires multiple combos and perfect timing to be workable.”

Mesmerising Girl

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

ANET just stated that they want to make Mesmer unplayable, except to supper gamer kids with maxed out computers and no life to speak of. The real joke is “Skill Based Play.” That’s ANET’S code for “requires multiple combos and perfect timing to be workable.”

What does player skill and knowledge of a class have to do with being “gamer kids with maxed out computers”?
You want Chronomancer to be faceroll? Spam condies without a brain?

This is so ridiculous. ALL classes should have high skill level required, nothing is more horrible than having builds that carry bad players, that then makes them think they are good.
You should be happy Chronomancer will be one that when mastered you know the player is actually good.

P.S. I really hope the Chronomancer will be considered “unplayable” by the seemingly ‘average gamer’ so I can learn it and get even more buffs from all the “unplayable”-qq

9 Guardians later…

(edited by Vikkela.7261)

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Zenith.7301

No game with pvp gets away with higher skill cap classes having greater power potential, without some massive QQ ocean anyways so it will never happen.

That’s why I don’t care for all these “skill sensitive” class mechanisms which just means jumping through hoops and being really situational to get the results another class gets with little effort and without situational restrictions.

There’s no point in something being more punishing and complex (meaning easier to foil as well from the opponent’s point of view) when you can do the same thing more efficiently and often on another class.

And this whole continuum split ordeal reminds me of rogues in WoW pre-MoP, where they relied on a long cd cooldown reset to use all their cooldowns back to back twice to be as effective as classes who needed no such thing and were more effective baseline without bursts of power concentrated on long cooldowns.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vikkela.7261

Vikkela.7261

This is hopeless. I’m out.

9 Guardians later…

What a joke.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Not gonna lie, I’m pretty irritated at this point. I was (and still am) very excited about chronomancer. However, I forgot the cardinal rule of GW2:

Proof of that today. The guardian traps are hilariously strong, their skills on that weapon are fantastic, and many of their traits are just flat out broken.

I even think their traps are gonna be better than our wells, since they will be removing float on gravity well.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Josh Davis.6015

Josh Davis.6015

Peters and I discussed the chronomancer traits thing today. We’ll try to get something out to you guys as soon as we can (next week at the earliest, obviously).

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Me Games Ma.8426

Me Games Ma.8426

Peters and I discussed the chronomancer traits thing today. We’ll try to get something out to you guys as soon as we can (next week at the earliest, obviously).

Hype! Thanks for answering here Josh =)
Good to see that you care for us =)

Mindblossom – Sylvari – Mesmer – Jumpingpuzzler
Equinox [EqnX]
Riverside[DE]

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: keenlam.4753

keenlam.4753

Oh, and their forum don’t cry for nerfs =P (still busy fighting for a better name change)

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NecroN.8306

NecroN.8306

The Mesmer is a 100% JOKE! All my other classes are much easier to play and far more rewarding. End of story.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

but our feature lacked professionalism.

I agree here. I was very disappointed about the way, they presented it. Also measuring the alacrity effect from the video showed that it was explained wrong…

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

What a joke.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

I agree here. I was very disappointed about the way, they presented it. Also measuring the alacrity effect from the video showed that it was explained wrong…

I even taught they were so bored during the presentation. or maybe it was just me. The vibe was really different when you compare it to the ready up earlier!

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TyPin.9860

TyPin.9860

I even taught they were so bored during the presentation. or maybe it was just me. The vibe was really different when you compare it to the ready up earlier!

I think part of it is, that Robert seemed to be a bit uncomfortable in the role of live presenting stuff. And I can understand that. It was even awkward at moments to watch.

Still, as long as the professions turns out great, I don’t really mind.

[ROSE] – Fissure of Woe
Chronomancy works, I am proof of it. Now stop asking me questions. Time must be preserved!

What a joke.

in Mesmer

StickerHappy.8052

Thank you so much. It would much better if you guys can Explain our traits rather than giving us a list of traits via posts. Thanks!

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Menaka.5092

Menaka.5092

Guardian looked a lot better than the name and the teaser video would let us imagine. Those traps put the traps currently in game to shame (25 stacks of vuln reapplied every second for several seconds!?) and longbow skills will probably need to be toned down (4k piercing projectile on 4s second CD!?).
Also, over 4k burning per tick… wow.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: MSFone.3026

MSFone.3026

But didn’t they say all the numbers are just placeholders? Isn’t all of this open for toning down?

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kelthien.8593

Kelthien.8593

Deep in this thread, past the point of folks reading.. but I’d love to give my point of view.

First, Robert Gee is our “class dude”, as far as I can tell. Rubi, the presenter, doesn’t have a ton to do with class development, so it doesn’t matter too much if she “likes” the profession or not. Robert’s our man, our main man dude.

Second, I think there’s a disconnect between the expectations of the community and the dev team on the point of these presentations. The devs want to show what’s ready. The community wants, however things change, a look at (1) the new spec weapon skills, (2) the new spec utility skills, and (3) the new traits.

I think if a dev went over (1) (2) and (3) in 20 minutes,then signed off, we’d probably be happier than if a dev took three times as long going over (1) and (2) and left out (3). In the case of Chrono vs DH, I think that’s exactly what happened. We expected a full elite reveal and got 2/3 of a reveal.

Also, Robert’s key bindings were broken, so he had to mouse-click. Either take a video, get it working the way you want, or push it a week. Showing a crippled dev isn’t a good demonstration.

In short: stick to the agenda. Tell us new weapon skills, new utility skills, new traits. Show some game-play, and that’ll keep us satisfied.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Zenith.7301

No amount of key binds address the fact he was playing a STAFF mesmer in PvE of all things. It could have only gotten any worse if he had chosen scepter instead.

What a joke.

in Mesmer

Jedge.3619

First, Robert Gee is our “class dude”, as far as I can tell. Rubi, the presenter, doesn’t have a ton to do with class development, so it doesn’t matter too much if she “likes” the profession or not. Robert’s our man, our main man dude.

I think Robert did an excellent job on the new class design – including the baseline traits offered and changes to others. The problem was the professionalism of the presentation and the fact that we were not shown our traits.

Some of the new guardian abilities are way over the top especially the 17second CD tether virtue, insane burning damage (it will also probably track you through stealth). 25 Instant stacks of vulnerability trap?

Also, why are they asking guardians if they like the changes to their traits? Whatever happened to asking us about the mimic rework for example?

What a Churlundalo

(edited by Jedge.3619)