in Mesmer

Posted by: RodOfDeath.5247

RodOfDeath.5247

‘Abnormally high dose’ cos of those clones

What did you name your mesmer?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Lightning.1793

Lightning.1793

Today I will go for a little twist and necromance instead of mesmerize.

I named my Character ‘Emilie Villeneuve’
I chose a french name because in popculture france and french culture is usually immediately associated with fashion and beauty, whereas Lyssa, Patron of the Mesmers, is the goddess of beauty – and deception.
Villeneuve literally translates to ‘new settlement’ and, in my characters name, is a reference to the pact, fort trinity and the new worlds that our characters discover throughout the continued story of Guild Wars 2.

Now that I’m actually writing this down, I realize how much I overthink my character names…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arakshaluum.5908

Arakshaluum.5908

Changa Zarkourian

It started with my usual glossolalic namemaking, but after I read a little about Kourna, I adjusted his name to include an echo of that for some RP integration with the world.

Later in the game I made a point of visiting the Ossan Quarter in Div Reach and decided to use that strong blue you see on some of the dwellings there in Changa’s outfit.

“By the banks of the Elon I lay down my lute and wept.”

(edited by Arakshaluum.5908)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kurtis.5061

Kurtis.5061

hi i called my sylvari male mesmer Spreading Twig.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Asuran Female: Holomancer Lyn partly after an npc in Orr. I like the idea of a magitech oriented Asura making holographic illusions.

Norn Female: Tinuwyn, slightly corrupted Sindarin. The name sounds like the Sindarin for “Star Maiden.”

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

Posted by: Soothsayer.9206

Soothsayer.9206

my main human Mesmer: Mei Taitai which is an approximation from Mandarin for “my beautiful wife”(my wife is Asian and quite beautiful ); and Phlux Kapacitor an Asuran Mesmer named after the device that makes time travel possible in the Back to the Future movie series.

Kyrie eleison…Dies irae, dies illa…Quando judex est venturus

in Mesmer

Posted by: juno.1840

juno.1840

M Factor

(named after the techno group — seems to fit for a Mesmer)

Part of me thinks that someone in ANet was thinking “hey, wanna see something funny? Watch this…”

in Mesmer

Posted by: LostHunter.2845

LostHunter.2845

Named him “Lost Clone”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Evon Skyfyre.9673

Evon Skyfyre.9673

Mysti Shadowcaster, she is the Leader of her guild Tyrian MYSTIcal Tours – PORT".

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pavlarian.4389

Pavlarian.4389

B O Xelonakos. It’s greek-like meaning small turtle how my baby son looks like on my hug!! And of course it’ s a small male asura ????

Brase Oriza(engi), Mikros Nikolas (Dr), B O Xelwnakos (mez), Sfaxtaroula(psW)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

Another Mesmer toon; Phedre No Delaunay after a favorite character. She’s the protagonist and narrator of “Kushiel’s Dart.”

(Plus it was not an altogether inappropriate character for my experience of PvP. Phedre is a high class courtesan who takes pleasure in pain.)

Mesmerising Girl

(edited by Ithilwen.1529)

in Mesmer

Posted by: blaster.9210

blaster.9210

Leanore mirrorblade human female with cat ears

in Mesmer

Posted by: nomak.8693

nomak.8693

Helel Son Of Shahar /Lucifer/ … that’s the char name on my assassin in GW1.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ghotistyx.6942

Ghotistyx.6942

All my characters have names that reference Fish, the class/race, and another video game.

For my three Mesmers, their names are:
Monarch Rhizopas – Monarch because of the butterflies, Rhizopas being a fish-like boss in Final Fantasy 6
Demyx Orizias – Demyx is a character from Kingdom Hearts 2 (will fit a bard theme whenever we get that espec). Oryzias is the genus for the Ricefish
Alicia Corniger – Alicia referencing Valkyria Chronicles and Corniger, the genus of the Spinycheek Soldierfish (this character was meant to be in the frontlines)

I have, at the time of the writing, 25 characters, and they all follow this format.

Fishsticks

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stap.1025

Stap.1025

Darren Brown Paw

in Mesmer

Posted by: DKShang.8792

DKShang.8792

I wanted to stick with Asura naming conventions so I named mine Technomancer Jaat.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Martin Silenus.5643

Martin Silenus.5643

Human mesmer, female: Catch Me Later

in Mesmer

Posted by: InsaneQR.7412

InsaneQR.7412

Female Sylvari: Somnia Desideria which means desired Dream.

Pale Raiders united.
9 Sylvari, 9 unique Builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: KingJesterHead.8750

KingJesterHead.8750

Asuran – Afro Alien Midget

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zee.3067

Zee.3067

My first Mesmer was a Norn named Mayze, but I lost in her at some point and deleted her.

I ended up making a new Mesmer character recently named Guile Elusé, who was an Ash Legion Charr. I told my friend about it, and he revealed that the name sounded more like it’d be in Flame Legion. Of course, ‘Elusé’ is evil and ‘Bloodfang Killdeath’ is a totally trustworthy individual… heh, Charr naming conventions, I’ll never understand them.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Incantare Mentis.1574

Incantare Mentis.1574

My name, Incantare Mentis, is Latin for “to sing/enchant the mind” I am a hypnotist irl so it is very related. Funny thing-in being a hypnotist I sometimes mess with time perception, illusions, and very metaphorical things with the subconscious (and conscious) sides of the mind. And Mesmer is a real person in the history of hypnosis as well. Even without all that I would have chosen this profession in game. It is delightfully, and at times frustratingly, complex. I love this profession (both of them <g>) Art & science combined.

Happiness is a warm induction.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Alek Seven.2374

Alek Seven.2374

i proudly named my female norn mesmer Siobhán McMahon after the same Siobhán in the novel serie ’’Sweep’’ .

Morgan Rowlands read a book with her boyfriend Hunter about Morgan’s ancestor , Rose MacEwans (by her father Ciaran MacEwans). Back in Ireland 1654, Rose fell in love with a man named Diarmuid a Leapvaughn (witches who are the most mischievous of the Wiccan Great Clans) , she tought they could marry but Diarmuid was already betrothed to Siobhan (a Vikroth, witches Warriors) by his parents. After Diarmuid’s betrayal, Rose turns to dark magicks before her execution (they were about to burn her alive) , she unleash a Dark Wave which completely burn Diarmuid’s and Siobhan’s village.

Because her executor died too, she was freed. Shen then goes to the village and she finds Diarmuid’s and Siobhan’s coprses, hugging before death.

in Mesmer

Posted by: choovanski.5462

choovanski.5462

tree man, royal purple naturally

nome, President Twins

. Engi & Warr . Beta > 2017 Death of PvP
currently a Boyfriend main :P
Waiting To ReRoll Mystic & Forget About Tyria

in Mesmer

Posted by: Magolith.9412

Magolith.9412

Mesmer Mag

/15

[WS] Mesmer Mag

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rankomonaut.4708

Rankomonaut.4708

Zhaira Noël
end

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Illusive Sinner

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sickdreamz.8401

Sickdreamz.8401

Sickdreamz
Cause reasons why.
=)

in Mesmer

Posted by: ShigMan.6078

ShigMan.6078

I named mine Carmen Mirare

in Mesmer

Posted by: Garb Cost.3718

Garb Cost.3718

Hannya Weave

Hannya being the traditional Japanese mask-wearing theatre depicting various demons and the Weave part being related to weaving in and out of time/vision

in Mesmer

Posted by: Game of Bones.8975

Game of Bones.8975

Asuran male: Redd Cell Sixx

In honor of Richard Marcinko, the creator of Seal Team Six, Red Cell, and ousted from the Navy for making too many commanders look bad. I just wanted a name as a place-holder to see how it felt. I probably won’t keep him as a Mesmer, but may go with a Norn Warrior soon.