What if I-warden...

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

Posted by: BlackDevil.9268

BlackDevil.9268

… would cast a daggerstorm of 360 yards aoe instead of what it does now and activates once the enemy is within 90 yards of the phantasm, it would absorb projectiles and reflect them once traited, it would affect 5 targets instead of 3, would have its casting time reduced from 5 to 4 seconds and its attack frequency reduced from 14.2 to 12, while having a damage decrease of 5-10%.

DISCUSS.

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I dunno – I kind of like the dual axe animation.

But it would be nice to have the option.

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

Posted by: MailMail.6534

MailMail.6534

I’m kind of loving my iWarden right now.

https://www.twitch.tv/thatcho
“The jealous are troublesome to others, but certainly a torment to themselves.”

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

Posted by: The V.8759

The V.8759

What if…It was ground target?

One of the Firstborn Channel of Fvux

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

This

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

Ground target would be nice, although I’m sure there would be some downsides I haven’t thought of yet.

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

I think that’s messing too much with the mechanics. If iWarden is ground targeted, I’d want consistency with all phantasms, and I don’t think that’s a good idea.

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ishmael.6740

Ishmael.6740

It needs to have a target because of the shatter skills…

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

If you’re using phantasms as purely cannon fodder upon creation, you’re probably playing Shatter wrong. Or at least… less effectively than the way you’re supposed to shatter.

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Swish.2463

Swish.2463

unless it auto targets the nearest foe

just like de clones

~Elyssion~
“Gw2, It’s still on the Table!” – Anet

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Arganthium.5638

Arganthium.5638

I think that’s messing too much with the mechanics. If iWarden is ground targeted, I’d want consistency with all phantasms, and I don’t think that’s a good idea.

Yeah, I agree, the same way I think that Chaos Storm should be placed where you’re standing to maintain consistency within staff and Confusing Images should also apply torment to maintain consistency within Scepter.

Thief|Mesmer|
Theorycrafter

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

MailMail.6534

Yeah, I agree, the same way I think that Chaos Storm should be placed where you’re standing to maintain consistency within staff and Confusing Images should also apply torment to maintain consistency within Scepter.

My sarcasm senses are tingling.

You missed my entire point. Phantasm skills aren’t unique to just one weapon. It can be considered a category of skills within the Mesmer’s kitten nal. There is NOTHING to compare Chaos Storm or Confusing Images with (I take this back, Chaos Storm is like a glamour) so idk why you even mentioned these skills. -__-

To reiterate my point, the way Phantasms are cast should be consistent among all weapons.

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

The original iwarden or the one I suggested? This wouldn’t work with the original due the short aoe radius combined with the casting time.

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

The original iwarden or the one I suggested? This wouldn’t work with the original due the short aoe radius combined with the casting time.

The original would work because it could then be used as a shield or even a distraction. Not everyone uses it just for damage.

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

It would take away all its potential of dealing damage in pvp and only be used as shield or distraction then. Bit sad for a phantasm that has the highest dps.

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

Posted by: Crossplay.2067

Crossplay.2067

It would take away all its potential of dealing damage in pvp and only be used as shield or distraction then. Bit sad for a phantasm that has the highest dps.

I would say you won’t lose any damage potential simply because of the way it works. Regardless of how it is summoned, it will be immobile while attacking so anyone whom doesn’t want to get hit will simply move away from it. Range attacks are useless at best and self-depreciating at worst if used while iWarden is attacking. Melee fighters either have to eat a few hits to kill it quick or wait until it’s idle to attack. Either way, the iWarden is still doing its job of zoning and dealing damage. Even better, a ground-targeted iWarden can be place ahead of a retreating enemy to guarantee a few hits instead of trying to chase them down.

What if I-warden...

in Mesmer

BlackDevil.9268

It would, maybe not in pve but 100% in pvp. As it is now, it spawns on the location of the enemy once it’s casted meaning it will always spawn next to the enemy. This, combined with immobilize right after it makes it viable for the damage.
Once you have it ground targeted you have to know where your enemy exactly is 1 second later. That’s in most cases pretty impossible unless someone is afking on 1 spot.