What if Seize the Moment ...

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

Converted any quickness on you to slow while channeling Echo of Memory/DejaVu (Shield Block).

Now that Echo of Memory blocks for the full duration, I feel that having quickness on you while using it is a bit awkward given our availability of quickness when we choose Seize the Moment as our GM. If you have quickness, you will block for less time.

My suggestion is to convert quickness on you to slow, resulting in more block time than normal, and then turn it back to quickness when you summon your phantasm. This would only happen if you have Seize the Moment traited.

We don’t have any chrono traits that augment our shields, and reduced recharge is probably too dangerous when we have alacrity as a specialization mechanic.

Also, I noticed Seize the Moment didn’t trigger off 0 illusions during the last BWE2, not sure if intended.

(edited by adelaide.6213)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I’m not entirely sure what you mean. Did you mean to say converts slow to quickness? Your suggestion isn’t quite making sense, can you elaborate?

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

He’s saying using slow to make Deja Vu blocks 4s or so instead of 2.5s….you don’t have quickness while blocking though and if you’re talking about other boon application its too situational tbh.

in Mesmer

Posted by: adelaide.6213

adelaide.6213

I’m not entirely sure what you mean. Did you mean to say converts slow to quickness? Your suggestion isn’t quite making sense, can you elaborate?

I’m sorry, I should have made my suggestion a bit clearer. (I’ll edit the OP)

Now that Echo of Memory blocks for the full duration, I feel that having quickness on you while using it is a bit awkward given our availability of quickness when we choose Seize the Moment as our GM. If you have quickness, you will block for less time.

My suggestion is to convert quickness on you to slow, resulting in more block time than normal, and then turn it back to quickness when you summon your phantasm. This would only happen if you have Seize the Moment traited.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AlphatheWhite.9351

AlphatheWhite.9351

I’m sorry, I should have made my suggestion a bit clearer. (I’ll edit the OP)

Unfortunately, the situation is much too complicated for this to be clearly valuable.
If you want more block, then yes your suggestion makes theoretical sense (there are practical design reasons they might not want to do this)
But the other objective of the skill (especially now) is to get a phantasm out. If I’m using Seize the Moment to get more iAvengers quicker, the last thing I want is to take 4 seconds to get a phantasm up.
Seize the Moment’s usage is to increase action speeds, your suggestion mixes in a little bit of “decrease action speed” in there, albeit with a sometimes-legit purpose. But the result would be a schizophrenic trait that would be extremely difficult to balance or justify.

I agree with you though, that there’s still room for designing around how quickness interacts with skills that you want to last longer.

To that point, Blurred Frenzy gives the same amount of evade whether you have quickness or not. Do we actually know that a quickened block gives less blocking time?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

It’s an interesting concept, but you can’t have a trait that literally only sometimes works for one skill.

@Alpha: I’m not 100% certain since I only did a rough and rather carless observation, but I think Blurred only lasts as long as you are actually frenzy-ing. The blur icon fades faster when using the skill under quickness.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Korusef.3714

Korusef.3714

Same problem as Sword #2 in TW so I don’t think this will ever be implemented.