What trait changes do you want to see?

in Mesmer

Posted by: OriOri.8724

OriOri.8724

Just curious as to what some of the biggest trait changes you guys would want to see happen to mesmer. Be realistic about this, nothing OP, just some nice QoL updates to mesmer traits or weapon skills.

in Mesmer

Posted by: myren.5490

myren.5490

I made a pretty large thread about some mesmer changes to traits I proposed. Granted I still have much to change but you could check it out and see for yourself.

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

Deals 500 damage for each boon you strip in Imagined Burden (not GS limited), this should replace 2 stacks of might on GS auto and cripple on other weapon skills.

The 2 stacks of might is not worth it at all since cancel-attack can deal much more damage, and frankly every spec just laughs at cripple now.

On the other hand, boon strip damage thematically fits domination and can actually compete with other GM traits. It’ll provide sustained damage as oppose to power block and mental anguish. With the newly buffed MoD, mental anguish still provide better shatter burst and power block is still decent. What this trait provide is extra incentive for sword auto and GS 3 attacks, as well as other utilities that strip boon (which are highly underused in current meta btw).

Lastly, I doubt it’ll be OP. Power mesmer only has very limited counters and filled very niche roles due to how easily boons are farted out. Boon strip by itself make much less impact nowadays (even pre-HoT) and the main reason why necro still prevails is because of how easy it is for necro to turn boons against foes. The other strength of power shatter, damage, is also overshadowed by HoT power creep. Power mesmer used up a lot of CDs just to achieve the same damage that some other spec can do with few buttons. That’s why we see so many mesmers go into condi, its much safer and damage is much more accessible overtime.

in Mesmer

Posted by: alain.1659

alain.1659

I want my glamour mesmer back. The good old trait with fields applying confusion would be a really beautiful change for the wvw melee trains.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Would love to see an improvement on the trait Lost Time.
It is most underused trait in chrono line.

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

@NICENIKESHOE – I like your idea for imagined burden, it would certainly make boonstripping more useful and deadly in PvP/WvW, and it does fit the Domination line. I’m curious though as to how you would feel about Imagined Burden just being changed to being 2 stacks of might on every GS skill instead of just the auto? I only ask because I think that its a bit weird for a trait to decrease recharge time of GS skills and yet affect all of our boonstrip skills.

@alain – I agree that it would be nice to have some more traits affect glamour skills. Temporal enchanter is really nice, but its the only trait we have for glamours, and we don’t have one that decreases their CDs. If we don’t get another trait for glamours though, perhaps temporal enchanter could be changed to also reduce CD on glamour skills by 20%.

@Exciton – I agree, that trait is rather underwhelming especially for a grandmaster trait. I would like to see it updated to give chronomancers a 15% damage boost against slowed enemies, on top of the effect it currently has. And possibly reducing the number of charges to 4.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xyonon.3987

Xyonon.3987

• Remove all illusions and phantasms damage modifier traits.
  • Illusions and phantasms inherit your modifiers.
  • Add new interesting traits instead.
  • Fix Duellists Discipline bleeding duration.
  • Swap Duellists Discipline to T2.
Ziggs Ironeye – Engineer | Madame Le Blanc – Mesmer | Mentor (PvE) | EU
“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!
Just pm me for my advice! Always eager to help!”

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

1. Make fix damage/stats modifier traits that scale with superfluous things. This goes for Flow of Time, Compowding Power, The Pledge, Illusionary Defense, Chaotic Persistence, Healing Prism, Duelist’s Discipline, Fragility and Mental Anguish.
No other profession has such amount of traits based on scaling mechanic. It’s ridiculous how punished we are if we don’t build 3 illusions.

2. Increase direct damage across all AA. With 2300 power, 220% crit damage and might stacking, staff AA crits just 800-900. First 2 chain of sword AA need crits to go over 1k. A support weapon (Driud staff) does more damage than our GS which is an offensive weapon, when both have the same type of AA.

3. Put more condi cleansing outside Inspirations so we don’t need to invest an entire specialization to have acceptable condi cleansing.

4. Reduce Mantras cast time to 2s and roll back the CDs. The issue has always been with the cast time, not cooldowns.

5. Illusions need some sort of PvE damage reduction love against players or a huge boost in their health pool. They are, by far, the most squishy summoning allies out there, and a joke in PvP/WvW with nearly half the health.

6. Reduce cast time for utility phantasms, and reduce internal CD from 0.75s to 0.5s for all

7. Speed up all projectile based phantasms. iWarlock, iMage, Disenchanter and Defender tend to fail a lot of attacks because the projectile is enough slow to lose the aim.

8. Change Signet of Inspiration to eliminate the copy mechanic. Instead, grant all boons with fixed durations. This way we eliminate the boonshare cheese keeping the skill useful and now being profitable for the user.

9. Roll back Well of Precognition to its previous blur effect. Increase the CD so it doesn’t become spammable.

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

There have been several rework threads in the Mesmer forum and some specifically dealing with Illusions. One I remember positively was posted by Silverkey. It’s not what I’d prefer Mesmers to become but the concept is pretty solid.

I also still like most of the stuff I posted back in spring (s. signature).

in Mesmer

Posted by: Curunen.8729

Curunen.8729

I just want Warden’s Feedback and Restorative Illusions to be put in separate tiers in Inspiration.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zintrothen.1056

Zintrothen.1056

Definitely an Imagined Burden change. The problem I feel with boon stripping is that it’s only useful if you take the trait before, and/or run a boon strip utility. It feels more limited. I’d rather just see GS changed so that the AA’s final tick happens at the very end of the cast. In a way, just add a extra tick. That way you don’t need to stop cast to do more damage. It’s far less clunky this way, and it was obviously not intended to do more damage when you stop cast. They could also just remove the portion of the cast that doesn’t do damage, and still make the final hit finish with the cast itself. This would help IB’s might stacking. I like the crippling, but that could be swapped with something else. Like maybe each attack strips a boon. Or instead of might, it stacks vulnerability, which suits the trait line better. I do like the idea of adding two might stacks to all attacks. That would definitely need to replace the crippling. You could also make the AA give a stack per hit.

It would be nice if Mental Anguish helped the other shatters somehow.

Another trait I’d like to see changed is Shattered Strength in Illusions. I’ve heard that torment on shatter actually does more damage, even with a power spec, than might on shatters. So maybe they could just change it to 2 stacks per illusion. This would work with the IB change giving might on all attacks.

I’d also like to see the whole conditions line moved out of Illusions. The line has illusion summoning skill recharge reduction, improved and shorter CD shatters, AND it boosts conditions. I guess they could move it to Chaos because that whole line just kind of suits conditions already, and move some defensive stuff over to Inspiration or spread it out to other trait lines. No idea what’s best here honestly, but right now, Illusions feels like Trickery for Thieves, or Soul Reaping for Necros. You either must have it or you’re making yourself weaker.

Get rid of condition cooldown reductions. Torch skills being lowered when you’re in stealth? Yeah doesn’t at all promote passive play… It also only really works well with PU, and God knows we should just remove that trait completely. There’s also Staff CDs reducing whenever you have Chaos Armor. There are plenty of ways to get it, but we shouldn’t have to give ourselves a terrible aura just to have shorter CDs. You either need to get rid of these type of CD reductions or give them to EVERYEONE on EVERYTHING that reduces CDs. It makes no sense to have them on some skills and not the rest.

If you aren’t going to make Chaos a condition line, then shift around some traits so that power specs have other options when no running staff. If you don’t run staff, you have to take Mirror of Anguish, and frankly, that trait sucks. It’s got a huge CD and gives a tiny benefit.

You could make Restorative Illusions a GM trait and make it remove a condition per illusion. Also, boost the heal power coefficient, and make it mean something when you shatter 3 illusions.

Restorative Mantras reduces mantra recharge. Make it happen! It’s terrible and mantras suck. Actually, just rework mantras. This game doesn’t allow long, easily interruptable casts anymore.

Now for things that need nerfs…

I already mentioned PU. I know it was already nerfed, but promoting passive, stealthy play, is not good for the game. It’s unfun to fight against, and honestly, for me, it’s not even fun to play as. Just scrap it already. You could even add another steal skill to compensate.

Chronophantasma needs to be one phantasm only. And then remove the daze. Clone generation with it is WAY too high right now.

This one I’m questioning…Mistrust hitting 5 targets. It’s a bit much imo. Confusion is an extremely powerful condition and confusion foes that weren’t actually interrupted just doesn’t…make sense.

Edit: Forgot a powerful trait that needs some changing…Counding Suggestions. 5 second CD 1.25 second stun is too much. I don’t know if a CD increase will help things. For an Adept trait, this is way too good. Swap it with the Signet trait or Furious Interruption (which is not worthy of a Master trait spot). Maybe even move IB to Master and CS to GM. IB would need a big buff to compete with the other two GMs.

Yeah, most of our traits are fine imo. A lot suck, some are too good. This is probably the case with every profession.

(edited by Zintrothen.1056)

in Mesmer

Posted by: apharma.3741

apharma.3741

Make the pledge a flat -20% cool down on torch skills.
Increase the duration of shattered strength might to 15s

Probably some more I’ll think off when it’s not really late

Also don’t die of shock when I say this next bit

I agree with Xyonon…..

….mostly.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ithilwen.1529

Ithilwen.1529

I’d like to see clone death traits returned to the lineup. In this current world of rampant aoe it would be deadly.

Maybe a trait that would cause clones to randomly grab an enemy’s targetting like a ranger pet. This would give clones some realistic defensive value, taking heat off the Mesmer.

Mesmerising Girl

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

@apharma – Agree 100% on the change to the pledge, a flat CD would be best and might help shift torch away from just being a stealth gimmick weapon.

@Ithilwen – Clone death traits could indeed be fun to play with, but with how fast clones die in PvP I feel that they would either be way too OP (due to going off all the kitten time), or be nerfed so hard that they wouldn’t be any fun anymore. If ANet could strike a balance with them it would be cool to see them return however.

@Zintrothen – good list so far. When I’m not tired I’ll be able to go through it again and take it into better consideration

in Mesmer

Posted by: DreamyLove.8947

DreamyLove.8947

keep Illusions when target dead, same action speed as player

in Mesmer

Posted by: Mikkel.8427

Mikkel.8427

What Xyonon Said!

Or…

I’d be really happy even if they just swapped the positions of Phantasmal fury and Master Fencer. Fury is a powerful, but extremely common boon. Its rare NOT to have it, but illusions are low priority on receiving boons so they end up almost never getting it. So if you want to use the pistol trait, you condemn your phantasms to being fury-less.

Some other things I’d love to see-

-Phantasmal Haste moved to Dueling. Swap with blinding dissipation.
-Malicious Sorcery moved to Chaos Grandmaster. Changed to Scepter, Staff and Trident skills recharge reduced by 20% and attack speed increased by 20%. Swapped with Bountiful Disillusionment.
-Metaphysical Rejuvenation Changed to “you gain Chaos armor when your health drops below the threshold” and Illusinary Membrane changed to “you gain 3 secs of protection and 3 secs of regen when you gain chaos armor” icd removed on IM. Names changed to be more relevant.
-Delete Fencer’s Finesse. Add sword and spear to Imagined burden.
- Harmonious Mantras should be combined with Restorative Mantras and be an Inspiration Grandmaster.
-Blurred Inscriptions moved to Chaos.
-Temporal enchanter moved to domination. Changed to “Your Glamour skills last longer. Enemies Lose a boon whenever they cross the threshold of your Glamours.”

That’s all I can think of right now.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Krispera.5087

Krispera.5087

It has already been said in the thread, but the fastest one that comes in my head is Lost Time in Chronomancer line. It’s supposed to work in unison with Danger Time (another useless one).

Without Lost Time, Chronomancer/Mesmer have only 3 skills with Slow application : Shield block, Well of Action (Feels like Danger Time was made to buff this Well) and Time Warp.

-Malicious Sorcery moved to Chaos Grandmaster. Changed to Scepter, Staff and Trident skills recharge reduced by 20% and attack speed increased by 20%. Swapped with Bountiful Disillusionment.

Love all ideas from members, but especially this one. Staff AA is in dire need of projectile speed. It’s the most annoying-slow AA of the game. It actually makes me anxious to see it slowly hitting something.

Also, Chaos Armor % cooldown reduction was a bad bad bad idea. I’m actually salty about it, because they changed then nerfed it when people were stacking back to back Chaos Armor (Making cooldown reduction harder for Staff (For what ? I don’t know, it’s not an OP weapon at all. It was just a reason to force us to use this useless redundant high cooldown skill that you can get from Phase Retreat + Ethereal Field)). I remember they even nerfed it further by removing Blind and replacing it with Weakness.

Forcing us to use something, then nerfing it. SMH.

(edited by Krispera.5087)

in Mesmer

Posted by: NICENIKESHOE.7128

NICENIKESHOE.7128

The thing is, GM trait is suppose to be a build defining trait, that’s one of the reasons why I dislike having weapon traits there. As it stands none of the mesmer GM weapon trait can define a new build, and even with scepter people may not choose malicious sorcery. I still remember when they first introduce us malicious sorcery scepter trait in sneak peek the added effect is “torment deals 50% more damage” rather than this 20% speed attack that only affect 2 out of 3 skills we got today.

Might on all GS attacks may work by easily maintaining 10-12 might, but personally I feel like you’re limiting your own potential to GS only. In the end mental anguish’s burst damage still win out since majority of GS’s sustain damage is limited to auto-attack in teamfight.

We need something innovative for GM traits, something that defines that whole traitline like the more recently introduced BD. It was a terrible mistake that they threw adept weapon traits to GM back in 23th June and slap some meaningless or counter-intuitive buffs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

All the clone/phantasm generating traits should be in illusion and all the condution damange traits should be swaped from illusion into chrono.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ranael.6423

Ranael.6423

Like I said in another thread, harmonious mantra could receive a 20 % activation of mantra reduction, and an increase in the buff duration to be actually be able to do something while the buff is active (even if it means that charges are not increased anymore).
I would also change the Imagined burden trait (renamed empowered surge) to actually give GS AA its full damage independently of range instead of applying cripple.
Healing prism should heal for more given its CD… I would say 50% of your heal.
I don’t know if it would be too much but I’d also give Shattered strength 5 sec Fury per illusion shattered.

For the damage modifiers, it could be cool if they would be applied to illusions. In fact I still think these modifiers should become a stat (called intensity) and be available on gear, food and even have a new boon for it (availability compensated by the fact that it would become additive)… but it would mess so much the balance that I am not sure it would be feasible.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

For the damage modifiers, it could be cool if they would be applied to illusions. In fact I still think these modifiers should become a stat (called intensity) and be available on gear, food and even have a new boon for it (availability compensated by the fact that it would become additive)… but it would mess so much the balance that I am not sure it would be feasible.

So this already exists. It’s actually called power.

Power is a scaling stat that multiplicatively affects your total damage output. If you replaced every ‘damage increased by x%’ modifier with ‘power increased by x%’, they would function identically and work on our phantasms at the same time.

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

To be totally honest, I don’t think our traits per se need much adjustment. All else being equal, “Increase Illusion damage by 10%” is not conceptually different from the “Increase Greatsword damage by 10%” kind of traits that other classes get sometimes.

The biggest issue with Mesmer traits is that the class as a whole can’t do anything useful right now other than boonfarting. So all the traits that aren’t related to boonfarting might as well not exist, even if they’re perfectly fine traits by themselves.

Converting all the weird percentage damage buffs into stat increases would be nice, though.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

To be totally honest, I don’t think our traits per se need much adjustment. All else being equal, “Increase Illusion damage by 10%” is not conceptually different from the “Increase Greatsword damage by 10%” kind of traits that other classes get sometimes.

The biggest issue with Mesmer traits is that the class as a whole can’t do anything useful right now other than boonfarting. So all the traits that aren’t related to boonfarting might as well not exist, even if they’re perfectly fine traits by themselves.

Converting all the weird percentage damage buffs into stat increases would be nice, though.

Counterpoint, mesmers, like every class, have a rather large number of useless traits. Or traits that look like they would be fun/useful but are so overshadowed by other traits in the same tier and traitline that they are never taken. This is why we actually do need trait changes, even if it is nothing more than moving a few traits around (though hopefully underpowered/useless traits would get changed as well), so that we can get out of this situation where we have a number of traits that are never used.

Also I like the discussion in this thread a lot, gonna have to compile a single list of the suggestions soon.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ansau.7326

Ansau.7326

So, it seems we have SoI changed (like I suggested yesterday lol), plus more damage and more baseline boon duration.

https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/game/gw2/Balance-Changes-Upcoming/first#post6361976

Ansau – Sylvari Mesmer – Exiled Warriors [wE] – Gandara

i7 5775c @ 4.1GHz – 12GB RAM @ 2400MHz – RX 480 @ 1390/2140MHz

in Mesmer

OriOri.8724

A better solution would have been to put a cap on the duration of each individual boon (so for instance lets say 30 sec max of quickness), and then just keep SoI where it is in that it shares the full stack/time remaining.

Also I highly doubt mesmer will see any meaningful damage buffs come out of this patch. I have no basis for this other than the fact that they seem to derive pleasure from nerfing mesmer.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

Let’s not turn this thread into another SoI-topic. This one is about traits.

btt: They mentioned “buffing our damage”, any toughts about that depending on traits?

“Mentoring engineers / mesmers and showing you what you can do with your fantastic class!

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

• Remove all illusions and phantasms damage modifier traits.
  • Illusions and phantasms inherit your modifiers.
  • Add new interesting traits instead.
  • Fix Duellists Discipline bleeding duration.
  • Swap Duellists Discipline to T2.

These are what I agree with, don’t really think duelists discipline needs moving tbh, it’s competing with desperate decoy and phantasmal fury. On the other hand if they swap it with any of the T2 it would make that a default pick in T1 as all other options are arguably bad for a PvP/WvW mesmer.

I’d rather they remove all damage from phantasms period. Make them a utility type and take a leaf out of iLeaps book. No not be broken for 2 years, but enable swapping places with all clones generated via weapon skills. Adjust the mesmers skills accordingly and they might have sustained damage builds that aren’t kitten by single targets and high cool downs with poor interim damage once a cooldown is blown. Not asking for ele dps, just the 24-26k most classes do that isn’t single target and scales well.

I also only half agree with interesting traits. Interesting traits is what gave us fragility where many other classes simply got a flat 10% damage if the enemy is doing X, has Y or is in Z.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

It’s more about that traiting the sword (power) and traiting the pistol (condi) should be on the same tier, since you barely gonna trait both of ’em. You also would like to trait the pistol and give them perma Fury as condi, so the whole thing there seems so obviously wrong to me.

I would also like to test phantasms with utility instead of damage. But let’s be realistic, this will never ever happen. :/

in Mesmer

apharma.3741

It’s more about that traiting the sword (power) and traiting the pistol (condi) should be on the same tier, since you barely gonna trait both of ’em. You also would like to trait the pistol and give them perma Fury as condi, so the whole thing there seems so obviously wrong to me.

I would also like to test phantasms with utility instead of damage. But let’s be realistic, this will never ever happen. :/

Yeah I know that but like I say the consequence of that is moving the sword trait, evasive mirror or blinding dissipation into T1. This would allow PvP/WvW builds to pick up 2 of them leading to T1 being essentially a no brainer of a pic. The only one I can think of which possibly won’t be a no brainer would be evasive mirror but it’s always useful for that rapid fire…

It’s time ANet realised phantasms as a source of direct damage do not work especially the way they are now. Don’t do it by half measures, just scrap the idea, look at them being shatter fodder and adjust from there, the class as a whole would be better off for it and it doesn’t make chronophantasma useless either if they do have a utility use or apply conditions.

(edited by apharma.3741)

in Mesmer

Posted by: DuckDuckBOOM.4097

DuckDuckBOOM.4097

@NICENIKESHOE – I like your idea for imagined burden, it would certainly make boonstripping more useful and deadly in PvP/WvW, and it does fit the Domination line. I’m curious though as to how you would feel about Imagined Burden just being changed to being 2 stacks of might on every GS skill instead of just the auto? I only ask because I think that its a bit weird for a trait to decrease recharge time of GS skills and yet affect all of our boonstrip skills.

I kept the might on that trait because it was meant to be a sustained damage trait compared to the other two GMs being burst traits. It was also might on all clone attacks, not just GS clones. It was the least important part of the trait rework though. A reason to keep sword clones auto attacking for some damage if you will. Link to the original if you want to see more in depth discussion:
https://forum-en.gw2archive.eu/forum/professions/mesmer/Imagined-Burden-Rework/first#post6235865

I like going sword/pistol power though. Here’s what I think should happen to Dueling:
GM Traits:
Fencer’s Finesse: Same as before. Furthermore, changes riposte to summon an additional swordsman instead of a clone.
Mistrust: Return to 2 stacks of confusion on interrupt: Add 50% chance on crit to cause confusion (1 stack 4 seconds) (not illusions, just the mesmer)
Deceptive Evasion: Clone on dodge and when entering stealth. So spamming stealth won’t create more clones but hopping in and out will. Decoy creates 2.
Minor GM: Shared fury: When you gain fury or quickness, your phantasms gain fury or quickness.

Master tier:
Harmonious Mantras: replaces FF. Adds a 3rd charge but doesn’t have a damage bonus.

Major tier:
Master fencer. Replaces p.Fury. Same function as current minor.
Mantra Master: Replaces desperate decoy. Discharging a mantra gives 100 power (or precision) for 10 seconds. Mantras recharge 20% faster.

All the GMs have much stronger defined game changing roles now. Sword trait gives power Mesmers much shorter wind up time in PvE. Riposte won’t be a DPS loss either by spawning a clone. SotE recharges both sword 4/5. Mistrust is still an interrupt trait but interrupts are useless vs break bars. The added clause would give a reason for condi mesmers in PvE to still bring it. Won’t break PvP as long as it doesn’t affect illusions. Deceptive evasion merged with desperate decoy. Eh it was just an idea. Could be kept as is.

The new GM minor trait means phantasms get fury and quickness in raid environment. Master fencer can still be picked in solo situations.

3rd charge on HM is both a defensive and offensive boost fits with the other two traits in that tier. Removed the damage bonus as it should be weaker if it’s not a GM trait. Hence splitting the trait into two parts. 100 power is a nice power boost. Raw stats affect phantasms too. However, confusion, ferocity, fury, and vigor on crit are in this line. It would thematically make sense to add precision for synergy with the entire line.

This lets mesmers go sword/pistol for both condi and power builds too =)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xaylin.1860

Xaylin.1860

I would also change the Imagined burden trait (renamed empowered surge) to actually give GS AA its full damage independently of range instead of applying cripple.
Healing prism should heal for more given its CD… I would say 50% of your heal.
I don’t know if it would be too much but I’d also give Shattered strength 5 sec Fury per illusion shattered. …

I’ve been thinking about Imagined Burden and Domination and Might a lot lately since I think that this is something we can build on. But I just don’t think that Might on the GS trait itself works. On GS skills, sure. But not on the trait combined with Cripple.

That’s what I came up with:

Domination

• Illusion of Vulnerability – Duration increased to 8s.
  • Imagined Burden – Moved here from GM. No longer grants Might.
  • Shattered Strength – Moved here from Illusions.
  • Confounding Suggestions – Hitting a foe with CC applies 5 stacks of Vulnerability.

• Rending Shatters – Moved here from Adept tier.
  • Empowering Inscriptions – Rework see my thread. Doesn’t matter in this context.
  • Shattered Concentration – No change. There is no reason to add Fury here.
  • Furious Interruption – No change

• Fragility – No change
  • Empowering Illusions – Former Empowered Illusions. Illusion modifier becomes baseline. Your Illusions grant yourself x stacks of Might for x seconds when they hit a Vulnerable target. Optional: Movement Impairing effects on you are 20% less effective while you’re affected by Might.
  • Mental Anguish – No change
  • Power Block – No change

I think this should enable many different playstyles. We got the options for debuffing, interrupt and CC, power shatter and more importantly: Mesmers could be able to sufficiently share Might – if we are still be able to share Might stacks with SoI that is…

These are what I agree with, don’t really think duelists discipline needs moving tbh, it’s competing with desperate decoy and phantasmal fury. On the other hand if they swap it with any of the T2 it would make that a default pick in T1 as all other options are arguably bad for a PvP/WvW mesmer.

For me personally, that’s not the point.

• Duelists Discipline has no business being on the same tier as Phantasmal Fury
  • Fencers Finesse has no business being on the same tier as Evasive Mirror

In my perfect world, Duelling would look more like this:

Duelling

• Critical Infusion – No change
  • Sharper Images – Moved here from Master
  • Blurred Escape – Gain 2s of Blurr when hit below 50%. 40s ICD. Desperate Decoy just isn’t working. Yeees, passives are bad. But Desperate Decoy is rubbish.
  • Fencers Finesse – Moved here from Master

• Confusing Combatant (new Minor) – Your attacks apply confusion for 3s after successfully evading an attack (5s CD, 1 stack for 3s per hit with an 1s ICD per target).
  • Duelists Discipline – Moved here from Adept. Recharge reduced to 15-20% to account for the changes to Magic Bullet (see my thread). Might consider changing it to Confusion instead of Bleeds.
  • Blinding Dissipation – No change
  • Evasive Mirror – No change

• Master Fencer – The Fury is also applied to your Illusions. A slight nerf from a Phantasm perspective. But it encourages a more active gameplay and still can end up with 100% uptime. For Illusions, it’s a buff.
  • Mistrust – Could still need some extra: Like: Your critical hits have a 50% chance to apply 1 stack of Confusion for 3s to foes who are already confused (ICD). Alternative: Your critical hit chance is increased by 10-20% against confused foes.
  • Deceptive Evasion – Might actually need a buff. Power creep is real.
  • Harmonious Mantras – No longer grants a damage buff. Instead, gain ‘Harmonious Mantras’ for 10s. Your next Mantra is 50% more effective. This applies to either using a charge or channeling a Mantra (e.g. 50% faster cast time).This change hopefully encourages chaining Mantras in a meaningful way instead of just spamming them to keep a damage buff going. As before, gain an additional Mantra charge.

That being said, I would be perfectly fine if Fencers Finesse was simply switched with Duelists Discipline. At this point in time there is just no reason not to switch it. Everything else artificially destroys trait synergy. Plus, Fencers Finesse won’t be a default pick for many builds.

in Mesmer

Posted by: SteepledHat.1345

SteepledHat.1345

btt: They mentioned “buffing our damage”, any toughts about that depending on traits?

Something insignificant in the grand schemes of every meta. They don’t buff mesmer. It’s one of their development principles.

“Failure to remain calm is the sign of a weak mind.”

in Mesmer

Posted by: tobascodagama.2961

tobascodagama.2961

Compensatory damage buffs will likely amount to some AA number tweaks. Which will be welcome, don’t get me wrong, but they won’t really address the real problems with the class or the PvE meta.

Amberley Avalen – Charr Mesmer
Tanya Larina – Human Thief
Finchy Whyte – Sylvari Ranger

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rock Brunno.3584

Rock Brunno.3584

I would like to return to at most 6 illusions + clones in the field. Now can only be a maximum of 3 assets. Not like the update.

in Mesmer

Xyonon.3987

I would already be happy about one more illusion slot :O 4 avengers for raids ftw <3

in Mesmer

Posted by: Fay.2357

Fay.2357

I would like to return to at most 6 illusions + clones in the field. Now can only be a maximum of 3 assets. Not like the update.

Return to? That implies we were ever there to begin with…