Why are we doing this?

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Why are people always starting new threads with their “own” opinions without reading?

we’ve been saying the same things over and over again, at this point, pretty much everything has been covered and reiterated. A lot of us are frustrated or disappointed, but time to focus on how to improve this

with the exception of people who are trying to say it’s good or appreciate the positive side of it, or more unique and differing ideas of solutions, we really don’t need more threads with feedback.

Thank you to Fay for trying to get it more organized, let’s stick with those threads and not bump everything else. but even within those threads, read what has been covered because someone else has probably given the same feedback or even suggestions already.

I think we need to be TL;DR clearer and more organized if we want to present a good case to the devs

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: EnRohbi.2187

EnRohbi.2187

999 times out of 1000 devs don’t care about the opinion of one person.

Many people with the same complaints get more notice. If the goal is to get the class balanced then anyone with an opinion should voice that. If someone reads through the forum and goes “Oh, well someone already said what I think so I just won’t post anything at all” then that’s one more person not trying to convince the devs; not contributing.

I’m all for keeping the opinions in a set of organized threads instead of spamming the forum (I also noticed Fay did this; good job), but /absolutely/ voice repeat opinions within those threads.

Dragonbrand

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

999 times out of 1000 devs don’t care about the opinion of one person.

Many people with the same complaints get more notice. If the goal is to get the class balanced then anyone with an opinion should voice that. If someone reads through the forum and goes “Oh, well someone already said what I think so I just won’t post anything at all” then that’s one more person not trying to convince the devs; not contributing.

I’m all for keeping the opinions in a set of organized threads instead of spamming the forum (I also noticed Fay did this; good job), but /absolutely/ voice repeat opinions within those threads.

I agree, but I was talking about this at our current state, not in the beginning, when there have already been so many repeat opinions and threads, not just in mesmer forums, I think the point is clear that a lot of people share the same thoughts. If repetition is necessary, then the repetition of threads is also “good” and will flood the forum and get attention. Anyone coming to the mesmer forums will see countless threads all saying the same thing, and have to scroll through pages before getting to anything else, and that might be a “good” thing? Are there also quality threads and feedback, which not everyone is providing? But yes, if we should continue to repeat, then now, after there have been so many, at least we can stick to organized threads, that I absolutely agree with

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Xenon.4537

Xenon.4537

Unfortunately you need a lot of individuals repeating the same things for the devs to really take notice. One lone thread with no replies gets burried on page 20 where no one sees it. Remember we are the ones with loads of free time to read and write on the forums. The devs are busy trying to build the game and they literally hire interns and community reps to read this stuff and condense it into bullet points for the devs.

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: glenndevis.8327

glenndevis.8327

When I give feedback I always add a possible way to fix, tweak or rework something.
But yeah on forums in general its always the more people who cry about it the more they’ll get to know what’s wrong.

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Daishi.6027

Daishi.6027

If A-net just said: “Hey we recognize the dissatisfaction. Although we may not 100% agree with the feedback versus our vision for the game, it is clear there are some objective points and we are working to improve on it.” Or at least something along those lines, then we’d stop… Maybe not entirely, but there would be significantly less.

If they wanted the above to be more constructive they would directly communicate the aspects they are looking at changing. (I think back to HoT and the discussion we had with Robert about Wells…)

But since A-net is probably not sure what they are even going to do yet, and there has been history of of dev bias against Mesmer because they consider it OP as hell, they are unlikely to actually say anything and just assume we’re just being hyperbolic. So the only likely response from the players is to flood the forums so it is made clear.

“I control time and space; you can’t break free.~”
“Maybe I was the illusion all along!”

(edited by Daishi.6027)

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaShi.1368

DaShi.1368

I haven’t preordered yet. I was planning to after the elite demo, but Mirage has me seriously reconsidering. I too wish Anet would say something to convince us that they are taking our concerns seriously.

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Hlord.5940

Hlord.5940

I understand your fustration but first take a look at greatsword ambush skill, now look back, do we need more threads? Definitely.

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zelulose.8695

Zelulose.8695

I feel allot of players may not buy it unless mirage overtakes chrono.

Lucky Leaf, Ángël, Clergyman, Side Kick -Lets make Gw2 a better game

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Thatswromg thinking tho. Why shouldmirage overtake chrono? This isnt powercreep 2.0 mitage just needs to be as good if not better than chrono in enough areas to be considered a good alternative.

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Exciton.8942

Exciton.8942

Thatswromg thinking tho. Why shouldmirage overtake chrono? This isnt powercreep 2.0 mitage just needs to be as good if not better than chrono in enough areas to be considered a good alternative.

Yup, that is what we hoped. We don’t need mirage to be an upgrade over chrono. But we want it to provide a bit different playstyle.

However, what we get is that all the key mechanics are too clunky to use. The most powerful trait on the spec(elusive mind) is kinda OP and boring.

The really exciting stuff(ambush, clone ambush, mirage mirror) all suck and can’t be relied upon.

If you check all the videos show casing mirage, they play exactly like traditional shatter mesmer. And we all know chrono already brought mesmer shatter to its pinnacle. Mirage can’t do better in that department.

Very very disappointing.

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

As said by others, the important part which might reach the devs is the volume. If page upon page upon page of the forums is all just “Why does the Mirage have no clear concept, no cohesive design and no use case?”, then they might get notified by a community manager that something is making the community angry.

A single thread, even with lots of pages? Easily ignored.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: zealex.9410

zealex.9410

Yup, that is what we hoped. We don’t need mirage to be an upgrade over chrono. But we want it to provide a bit different playstyle.

However, what we get is that all the key mechanics are too clunky to use. The most powerful trait on the spec(elusive mind) is kinda OP and boring.

The really exciting stuff(ambush, clone ambush, mirage mirror) all suck and can’t be relied upon.

If you check all the videos show casing mirage, they play exactly like traditional shatter mesmer. And we all know chrono already brought mesmer shatter to its pinnacle. Mirage can’t do better in that department.

Very very disappointing.

The ambushes arent bad nothing is bad really. Its just nowhere near as good as chrono. Well the mobility f mirage is better and id argue the dmg is there as well but eh.

I watched ppl playing mirage that didnt remind me of base mesmer and i had my fair share of base mesmer while getting into the game and whatching montages.

Why are we doing this?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Selendile.9106

Selendile.9106

I think all the elite specs can use a bit of polish. This is to be expected. On the list of “elite specs that need the most work”, I don’t think Mirage is in the top 3. I’d say Renegade, FB, and maybe Weaver are the most.