Why is your Mesmer fun?

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ramiah.5648

Ramiah.5648

I am coming back to the game soon after a long hiatus and want to play a Charr Scholar. I am considering Mesmer but didn’t have much fun with it before.
So, tell me why you enjoy playing your mesmer.
Is it the mobility during battle? The fact that you can both boon/condition at the same time with staff? That you can switch between melee and ranged easily, or perhaps that you can really mess with people in PvP? Is it because you can summon lots of… um… yourself? Is it the bright spell effects?
Why do you enjoy being a mesmer?

Thy faithful servant asketh for thy blessing. Honor us with the splendor of thy song.
Protect us… Holy Song!

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

Versatility.

Even w/o respec I can jump from pve events and dungeons into wvw and roam or zerg at the drop of a hat. And do all these well with engaging play that requires resource management, awareness, and combos so the gameplay does not get stale. Pretty effects help with that too.

Solo I can duel well, run gauntlets, and scout. In groups I can provide good damage, amazing support and cc, and unique utility that no one else can. Long range? Melee? Stealth/deception? Survival? Burst? Confusion? No problem. We have it covered. That’s why.

A few silver to respec, and you can do even more.

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

Whenever anyone asks me “Hey hows the Mesmer?”

I tell them “Its one of the most fun classes, you get to use a sword & gun and teleport around like an animé character.”

…..Annddd they’re sold.

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

I got attracted to the profession way back in GW1 because of how versatile it can be combined with other professions. Although I feel like the spirit of what a mesmer really is and the role it plays and how they manage to succeed in said roles from GW1 hasn’t been translated well in GW2, I’m not giving hope that the mesmers will get tweaked to provide more variety in gameplay.

Regardless of whether it’s GW1 or 2 though, mesmers remain one of the trickiest professions to master and the challenge it provides is what drew me into playing one exclusively. (I have around 1500+ hours on my mesmer alone).

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Stiv.1820

Stiv.1820

For me it’s playing a Shatter Mesmer and how it has changed the downed state from something I loathed to something I love. I found myself yelling at my friends mid fight “No don’t stomp!” because nothing is better than unloading a full MI shatter/BF combo into a downed guy with rezers

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Why is your mesmer fun?

Do I have to answer more than this?

/Osicat

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: DaisyRogers.6837

DaisyRogers.6837

As a mesmer I never have to fight alone.

In all seriousness, What I enjoy most is the fact that when I am fighting it is not just a numbers game like most classes. Mesmers have so many tools to fight your opponents mind as well. It only gets better as you get higher in level.

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Carighan.6758

Carighan.6758

Mesmer is fun due to the randomness, for me. Random boons, random conditions, random signet buffs, random enemy attacks with my clones, random everything. It’s a trickster class, and I love it that way.

The strength of heart to face oneself has been made manifest. The persona Carighan has appeared.

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

It’s the closest in game to a proper “Psionicist” archetype. Mental manipulation, time/space alteration, and really stylish attacks. What’s not to like?

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: MiloSales.8560

MiloSales.8560

It’s a really interactive play style, almost twitchy, but really smooth at the same time.

I’m having a hard time leveling any other class. They either feel too “one trick” or that I don’t get out as much as I put in. So I guess, comparatively, I feel like the mesmer is more work for more reward and has a ton of options.

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: My Sweet Lily.1952

My Sweet Lily.1952

Why is it fun? Because of the Power, Versatility, Randomness, Combat mobility, Activeness, Simpleness and Group Support.

Nymeriali #Druid
[TLA] Desolation (EU)

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Raptured.9307

Raptured.9307

I be OP and wipe everyone 1v1 in spvp

Rank 37 spvp, dungeon master
[HL] Deadly Protection @ Sanctum of Culling

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Why is your mesmer fun?

Do I have to answer more than this?

/Osicat

I’ve watched a lot of PvP videos, but that’s definitely one of the best I’ve seen. Amazing use of portal, especially with stomps!

Also, thank you for choosing some chill music. I can’t explain exactly why (since I like metal, dub step, etc.), but this just worked really well with PvP play.

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

I agree fully with what others have said about interactive gameplay and our versatility. In particular, I play a condition/confusion mesmer because I love the idea of my opponents bleeding and burning to death whilst and, in the words of Pokemon, “Hurting themselves in confusion.” All the while I get to dance around them with rapid teleports and stealths in a flashy display of purple butterflies. It’s quite sadistic actually.

Also, I like the high-risk, high-reward nature of the class. If I’m playing at the top of my game I can take on multiple opponents in WvW, timing stealths, interrupts, and shatters just right to confuse my opponents and keep myself alive. At the same time, if I’m not paying attention or just get overconfident, I’ll wind up with my face smashed in before I can blink (haha, mesmer puns).

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: eldenbri.1059

eldenbri.1059

I’m not as experienced as a lot of the folks playing mesmers here, but these are the things that I find fun about the class.

- It feels like it has a lot of flexibility. I can handle a lot of situations with the same build, and there are a lot of viable build types.

- It feels impactful. If I’m doing offense, it feels like I’m dishing out a good amount of damage. If I’m supporting with fields and heals, it feels like I’m making a difference.

- It feels like I can always get better. I have a lot of choices in a battle no matter how I’m set up with traits and skills. Looking back, I realize that I had other options that I should have used in some cases. I feel like basically every build can really use all ten weapon skills, all the mesmer shatter skills, all the traits, and the elite. I don’t think I can do what Osicat does in those videos – I don’t have the skills and reflexes. But I can do a ton of things in a fight, and there’s always variety.

I really hope Anet doesn’t change this class very much. I think it’s a very solid class design.

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Leo Paul.1659

Leo Paul.1659

As a mesmer, you never feel useless. Everyone will want to have at least 1 mesmer in their party. You’ll never see a “GLF1M except mesmer”.

I just wish they’d improve on our skill effects. We have some of the worst looking spells in the game imho. Guardians and elementalists and necros have cool looking elites and mechanics while ours are just a bunch of repetitive pink butterflies and stuff.

Queen Of The Moors (Blackgate)
Deaths Fear [Fear] / The Hardcore Caravan [HC]
Forum Warrior: Black Belt in Ninja Edits

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Dahkeus.8243

Dahkeus.8243

Why do I like playing mesmer? Because I used to play a ranger.

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Palu.3405

Palu.3405

I just wish they’d improve on our skill effects. We have some of the worst looking spells in the game imho. Guardians and elementalists and necros have cool looking elites and mechanics while ours are just a bunch of repetitive pink butterflies and stuff.

I love the butterflies. In fact, I would list it as one of my reasons why Mesmer is fun to play. What’s better than killing your opponent with butterflies? Anyway, to each his own; I’d just be really sad if the butterfly effects were replaced entirely, though giving some customization options wouldn’t hurt.

Why is your Mesmer fun?

in Mesmer

Posted by: nolop.8095

nolop.8095

Because I can take on champions solo while singing and dancing Mc Hammer.
Stop! Shatter time!