Working on a support build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Argistrin.3597

Argistrin.3597

So, I’m not 80 yet with my mesmer. It’s sadly the last toon before I have a full set and I’m loving it. Mesmers are AWESOME. So anyway working on an Idea for a strong support build for pve & wvw zurg rushing. My projected build will be:

Domination 30, ( Empowered Illusions, Great-sword Training, Harmonious Mantras)
Dueling 20, (Protected Mantras, Mantra Mastery)
Inspiration 20, (Mender’s Purity, Restorative Mantras)

Great-sword/Staff
(Mantra of Recovery, Mantra of Pain, ) Mandatory Obviously, with Mantra of Resolve and Blink which can be substituted in and out as events change Just like Moa and Time-warp.
Gear Ideas: Cleric armor with 6/6 Superior Runes of Water to combo with Harmonious Mantras and Mantra of Recovery, as more burst healing never hurt anyone.

Advice/Comments?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

I run a similar build in PvE which has had great success. I have full set of Cleric’s gear but with Magi’s accessories to help add around 25% precision.

My build.

The third utility varies depending on situation, I like Feedback for the projectile reflection. (Enemies can mostly only attack 3 ways; melee, projectiles, and AoEs. With a traited Focus and Feedback, you’ve cut off 1/3 of their options.)

I keep Blink because Menders Purity works after you finish your cast, so I begin the channel and then blink to a wounded ally to give em the heal.

Mantra of pain → Mantra of Recovery → Mantra of Pain heals for about 9k in 6 seconds and the Dwayna Runes proc both when you channel Mantra of recovery AND when you use a charge as long as you space the heals within the 10 secs. This stacks with Metaphysical Rejuvenation AND Phantasmal Healing for near constant regeneration for you AND your entire team. With such high healing power, the regen is as crucial as the mantra heals for keeping the team healthy.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

You don’t need dwayna runes or water runes. In this build, both are superfluous. Dwayna runes are completely pointless because your group should have permanent regen from your phantasms anyway. Water runes actually do something, but have a worthless 4 set bonus.

Use runes of altruism instead. Now, instead of tacking on a tiny heal, you will be stacking might and fury for your entire party, much more useful in a team setting.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Chaos Archangel.5071

Chaos Archangel.5071

You don’t need dwayna runes or water runes. In this build, both are superfluous. Dwayna runes are completely pointless because your group should have permanent regen from your phantasms anyway. Water runes actually do something, but have a worthless 4 set bonus.

Use runes of altruism instead. Now, instead of tacking on a tiny heal, you will be stacking might and fury for your entire party, much more useful in a team setting.

Omfg. I’ve never even seen those runes! Yeah, I completely agree.

Edit: I sorta agree. I’ve had a lot of success spreading regen with the Dwayna runes since not all allies are near phantasms and their regen is only 3 secs.

in Mesmer

Posted by: TheComet.6471

TheComet.6471

I’d suggest if you’re running mantra of recovery, grab a runeset that has on-heal AoE boons like Altruism or Dwayna to give bonuses on command

Kaineng – Co-Leader of Skrittical Hits
Sybol – Healing Bunker Charr Mesmer (80)
Dresdon Honorclaw – Zerk All-Ranged Charr Warrior | Hawke Fullmoon – Melee Ranger

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Omfg. I’ve never even seen those runes! Yeah, I completely agree.

Edit: I sorta agree. I’ve had a lot of success spreading regen with the Dwayna runes since not all allies are near phantasms and their regen is only 3 secs.

Simply give your party the support Mesmer disclaimer before doing anything.

“My phantasms give aoe regen, I give aoe healing and aoe fury and aoe might, so stand by me or my phantasms for healing and buffs”

That usually gets people where they need to be.

The runes of altruism are new with the wintersday patch, which is probably why you’ve never seen them before.

in Mesmer

Posted by: DavyMcB.1603

DavyMcB.1603

full healing mesmer heals A LOT and the only things you need are “heal when you cast mantra” trait and mantra of pain.

you make about 2.6-2.9 heal per 4 second with just 300 healing.

the disadvantage is you have to spam it like grenade engi on dope.

in Mesmer

Argistrin.3597

full healing mesmer heals A LOT and the only things you need are “heal when you cast mantra” trait and mantra of pain.

you make about 2.6-2.9 heal per 4 second with just 300 healing.

the disadvantage is you have to spam it like grenade engi on dope.

Spamming the blue blazes out of a skill doesn’t bother me, I used to play a holy priest via my old warcrack days, So instead of hotting up and flash heal and circle of healing spam it would be more of Mantra of Recovery, Mantra of Pain spam and clone regeneration.

in Mesmer

Argistrin.3597

Thanks! I’ll just buy an extra set of Cleric gear and some Altruism runes so I can play test the effectiveness of both and have a basis of comparison. As most of the people I pug with are glass cannons one and all, its usually rough for everyone to stay alive through out even the simplest of bosses. Hench my probable over zealousness at trying to tack on more healing.

in Mesmer

Posted by: AsteriskCGY.5931

AsteriskCGY.5931

Spamming the blue blazes out of a skill doesn’t bother me, I used to play a holy priest via my old warcrack days, So instead of hotting up and flash heal and circle of healing spam it would be more of Mantra of Recovery, Mantra of Pain spam and clone regeneration.

Stopcasting macros in the hizzy.
>played disc priest.
>bubbles everywhere.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moxic.5892

Moxic.5892

Runes of Lyssa + Timewarp + Activate Signet of Inspiration makes for a nice crowd pleaser, but Altruism runes do seem really worthwhile too, as others have pointed out.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Runes of Lyssa + Timewarp + Activate Signet of Inspiration makes for a nice crowd pleaser, but Altruism runes do seem really worthwhile too, as others have pointed out.

Unfortunately, it’s a crowd pleaser on a 3 minute cooldown. Compared to the constant buff uptime with altruism runes, there is really no comparison.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moxic.5892

Moxic.5892

In CoF p1 speed runs it is aaawwwesome. But yea, it’s cool down is pretty heartbreaking.