WvW 1vX Mesmer

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Naouvi.2081

Naouvi.2081

Hope you guys like it, any questions feel free too ask.

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: skcamow.3527

skcamow.3527

Thanks for sharing – any reason you don’t shatter more often? A few times I noticed some good burst opportunities which would bring your opponents down much quicker.

Kortham Raysplitter (Yak’s Bend)

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Naouvi.2081

I understand your point, i could of used more my shatters – in the future videos i will be showing more hardcore, this video was a simple example what mesmers can do, hope you liked it and thanks for the feedback.

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

Hi glad to see new ppl post vids in the forums.

I try add some feedback as you took time to put the film together.

Video: Nice with soft music choice, always easier watch a vid for longer time if not al hardrock. Let the content be the adrenalin, I tend to add some uptempo mostly is shorter vids. Tbh if you plan to post a serie of vids and mabye have a channel I recomend 6 : 30 ~ to be the optimal action time, add intor outro and you land ~7 min, 6: 59 feel shorter and ppl prefere shorter.

Nice intro.

Gameplay: Nice alternative build, not alot you could changed in first fight, good survival. Later in I personaly would used shatter more especialy the daze one for interupt the casts, as you have a mix of sword and staff clones a daze shatter would sometimes give you a long serie of controll. Also MW is a winner.

I personaly (say personaly as I dont criticise you for play in teh way you prefere, I simply say what i would done different) would be more frequent in my massinvis, I also would used the heals to mask skills, especialy for target drop before leap and to use a heal without risk get interupted.

Ayway, ty for the vid.

/Osicat

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Naouvi.2081

Thank you for your time giving me a feedback and i will try to improve my next videos…
I really appreciate your time.

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: MarkusParkus.8467

MarkusParkus.8467

Hey Naouvi, nice video! really liked the music choice :)
As said before the shatter skills can turn a fight even more for Mesmers!
Also the f4 shatter (distortion) is great for finishing most classes to stop interrupts, usually easier to dps thieves down unless you’re comfortable with blink/portal finishing.

Furious Scumbag, Raging Scumbag & Geologist Greywind
[NOX] & [Coma] – Gunnar’s Hold.

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Bryndis.7854

Bryndis.7854

Yo nice video..just shows how broken and overpowered this easymode class is..well done

Bryndis Branda | WvW Warrior | Bronze Scout
Born Bad (BB) | Kodash (DE)

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Cempa.5619

Cempa.5619

Hi,

Really liked your video, fun to watch and liked the music and especially enjoyed your written on screen comments.

Could you link you setup using a builder?

Thanks

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: ErraticFaith.9142

ErraticFaith.9142

Yo nice video..just shows how broken and overpowered this easymode class is..well done

Whilst I wasn’t really one for profession hate in the beginning having returned here from a break on other games I can say that yes, you are essentially correct. The other classes are unequal competition for mesmer in a great deal of circumstances. Yet this has a lot to do with poor game design and philosophy in general, as much as one class specifically.

A few things remain. There are ofcourse bad players of every class and poorly optimized builds for 1v1 encounters such as guardians roaming with AH builds,

But you have your point. There isnt much skill involved in mesmer. It’s simply too gimicky and cheap in combat. Hence the string of nerfs.

The problem being with this game is that to truly undo the main problem with mesmer (design philosophy next to the other classes) you’d either have to totally redesign it or render it useless. (similar to the thief initiative complaints) Which obviously isnt good for business or the playerbase.

People will disagree, but most know what the premier dueling classes are. Coming from Aion I used to laugh at what people called the ‘horrendous non existent balance’ of that game but gw2 is decidedly worse because of its lack of complexity. (so many builds are worthless making diversity very small)

Find another class that does 1vX and vs ‘skilled’ opponents. Well you’ll be hard pressed alot of the time. Its the go to class for bad players, because of the escape mechanisms.

That’s ofcourse not the be-all end all comment. There are many great engineers and warriors, guardians and rangers – all classes – out there. That do win when they outplay people.

But none will carry the bad like mesmer will. When mesmer looses its stealth, portals, evades and invulnerability (things that get moaned about as too far beyond the other classes abilities) most likely as with the frenzy nerf – people will start to play other classes and finally ditch it – because its become hard.

TESO cant really come soon enough.

I kinda liked your video tbh OP but then I main a mesmer. If it wasn’t for the fact that mesmers are everywhere now doing the same ‘and easily’ no matter how bad the player then maybe I’d not feel so awkward about it.

Theres the big gap between ‘clickers’ / those who dont and player speed/skill that makes the difference between the good and the bad. But the classes in this game are just too far apart regardless with knee jerk balance and poor design decisions.

WvW and balance iin the same sentence is a joke at best I know. But it is the predominant game mode. And whoever thinks 1v1 balance isnt a consideration for Anet would be right. But why isnt it? Its moaned about in every single game I’ve ever played. I’d say that made it important. lol.

(edited by ErraticFaith.9142)

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Cempa.5619

Any know what build/gear he is running?

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Osicat.4139

Osicat.4139

@Cempa, have a feeling its a 10-25-20-0-25 but not sure. I think the lack of shatter is due to lack of IP witch I would get for sure after gone 25 p in illusions as its a major dmg buff and survival.

@ErraticFaith, class can carry a player but mostly verssu bad opponents, even is the skill floor for do good is rather low versus some classes/opponents you have to agree that the skil cap for a better player give room for some amazing stuff. A player mastring the mesmer class is wery hard to take down, even for other mesmers.

/Osicat

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Naouvi.2081

Thank you once again for the feedback guys, one think I don’t agree and maybe you hating saying Mesmer is overpowered bla bla anyone can play bla bla.
I see many Mesmer in wvw diferent styles of play. Mesmer can be a strong class I agree but if not well played your kittened its very useless easy to play a Mesmer you say once again I totally disagree every class needs to be master.
Cempa.5619 if you do like my video and my type of play that makes me happy in the future videos I will be showing my gear and my status.
Thank you guys for your opinions and have a nice one.

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Cempa.5619

Thank you once again for the feedback guys, one think I don’t agree and maybe you hating saying Mesmer is overpowered bla bla anyone can play bla bla.
I see many Mesmer in wvw diferent styles of play. Mesmer can be a strong class I agree but if not well played your kittened its very useless easy to play a Mesmer you say once again I totally disagree every class needs to be master.
Cempa.5619 if you do like my video and my type of play that makes me happy in the future videos I will be showing my gear and my status.

Great! Looking forward.

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

I do not understand why making such a big deal with it. Already three people asked for your build. Instead of replying saying you will post it in another video to show how cool you are why don’t you just post it? fgs

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Nuka Cola.8520

Nuka Cola.8520

Stop spamming Magic Bullet on peeps with Stability lol other than that good vid.

Fact: every Thief tells you to “l2p” when the subject is to nerf stealth.

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Naouvi.2081

Trooper, not trying to be cool i just think will be better to post everything in 1 go… why does people hate so much? :s i posted a video not to get mugged i will post the gear and build on the next video.
Nuka cola, im not a pro and i didnt post this thinking im good.
People make mistakes.
Thank you for your time guys.

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Cool. It seems like we have a similar build! I run all three stealth utilities and my build is pu, defensive traits, etc, while having some damage output from my gear. Though I use gs/staff so my playstyle is kite like crazy and i shatter more often when i need to but yeah ur play feels very familiar to me! really feels like a tank haha, can take any class on. I remember taking two thieves on too haha they’re really fun and not much of a threat really. your video was a lot of fun. I see a lot of mesmer videos where they’re really zerker or shatter or something and is all burst damage, so the fights weren’t interesting to watch LOL i like long lasting fights while u just keep pressuring them, this play style is something that resonates with me :P But most of the video was 1v1 haha i think you can take on literally 1vX, with the stealth stuff 1v3 etc is no prob!

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Zumi.6384

Zumi.6384

New Thief skill: Summon Ninja

Instantly teleport the nearest perma-thief to your location to help you get owned.

Willowbreeze: Sylvari Mesmer
Tarnished Coast [Crit]

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Odaman.8359

Odaman.8359

Yeah mesmer in small group combat is a bit over the top. That said they’re trash for large scale… portal bots with little impact on the fight past that, that another class can’t do better with less sacrifice. Love the class, but balance in this game is wack since they ignore almost everything outside the realm of 5v5 spvp.

Nice vid btw.

Odaman 80 Mesmer
Maguuma

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: takatsu.9416

takatsu.9416

Yeah mesmer in small group combat is a bit over the top. That said they’re trash for large scale… portal bots with little impact on the fight past that, that another class can’t do better with less sacrifice. Love the class, but balance in this game is wack since they ignore almost everything outside the realm of 5v5 spvp.

Nice vid btw.

While we don’t do like a lot in terms of offensive perhaps, mesmers can change tides in large group settings… zerg busting groups and Veil for example absolutely changes the entire battle and helps wipe groups that outnumber you, as does good portaling of course. Actually just those two skills alone, something wouldn’t have succeeded without the mesmer. That’s what i’ve experienced many times. Feedback, null field, also are great group tools, not only for its effects and its combo field, but if you trait right for group glamour stuff, it can help out offensively too. You have focus pulls that can help your group from getting overwhelmed sometimes and more reflects. The utilities really does help and count. In group settings I’d say we can function like a toolbox haha

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Naouvi.2081

Thank you guys for the support , and yes its a bit tanky this build I totally agree with you I take about 3 people no problem :P maybe in the future videos I will show some 1 vs 4 etc…

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Sinaya.4201

Sinaya.4201

I’d love a link to a builder setup (into the mists, buildcraft, etc.) with this, as seeing the setup in a video isn’t convenient or user friendly for everyone.

Crystal Desert

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: trooper.2650

trooper.2650

I’d love a link to a builder setup (into the mists, buildcraft, etc.) with this, as seeing the setup in a video isn’t convenient or user friendly for everyone.

Naouvi, see what I mean? it’s not about hate but you replied 4 times already and the time it took to answer would have been more than enough to write 10/10/0/25/25 or anything like that or just post a link. By now, although I liked your video I still do not know your set up and build. Whether you want to keep it secret and hidden that’s a different story…

WvW 1vX Mesmer

in Mesmer

Posted by: Echo.1694

Echo.1694

So is it 0/20/30/20/0, I X / III X XII / II V? Knights armor with zerker trinkets and centaur runes