[WvW ] All Terrain GS Glam Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: playandchill.3908

playandchill.3908

Hey everyone. Im Lani Ster, coming from WoW Arena/Rbg with some mate of me who have been lured in this game.

Im willing to share a very nice build for WvW. I’ve spent tons of hours/gold trying to find THE all around WvW build. I tried everything from berz shatter to tanky glamour build and have all armor sets of the game now. I found that Pure builds are either good in small fights OR in zergs. But rarely in both.

So i tried to find a nice build that can melt zerg with insane confusion bombing and be competitive enough small group fights/roaming. All of this with GS kitten look( Playing with GS Is one of the mandatory objective of that build). And i think this one can matches those objectives.

Thanks to anyone who help improving it.

What you can do with this build:

- Fight in big 30+ Zerg and tagging lot of ennemies while having a decent survavibity.(Bags everywhere)

- Fight in Small group scale.

- Tag ennemies/dolyak real fast with GS#1 for bags/karma.Scepter #1 and Staff #1 are soooooooooo kittening slow.

- Have fun in any case. Log in WvW and whaterver you do, you ll do good.

- Nice looking with greatsword help to not beeing bored. Looks like a War, make them QQ like a thief.

What you cant do with this build :

- One shooting people. Go for classic zerker s+p or Scepter/staff rabid confusion build and press scepter #3 . Or level a thief.

- 1v1

- PVE

CAUTION :

IT’s NOT a leveling build. You ll need the last traits of the game.
That build is very GEAR+FOOD dependent. If you dont have the right gear, you ll be as useless as an kitten right here. DO NO TRY IT if you dont have the gear required or dont want to play with Foods.

TRAITS :

20 = I + VIII (key of the build, dont touch)
20= II + X(for survavibility/Clone generation for shatter)
30 = V+VIII+IX (keys of the build, dont touch).

GEAR :

Simply go full Carion armor and full Berseker Jewlery.

Runes : 5X Superior Runes of Nightmares + Coral Orb
Note : Thanks a lot for kylia for showing us that Nighmares is better than Undead for that build. His maths : https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkXSlFKEkur9dDMtQ3NqUldMMWZiM0lRSHNSc05DckE&usp=sharing
If you dont PvE go for Undead.

Weapon : Zerker GreatSword (Superior Sigil of Fire Help a lot tagging with GS #1) /// Staff (Superior sigil of Corruption to boost cond damages)

You ll have something like this without buff :

Power(2015)
Prec(1589) 35%crit chance and 61% Crit bonus
Vita(1155) 17472 Life
Cond Damages(908 Unbuffed)(1300+ With Sigil Stacked and Crystal+Food)

FOOD

Rare Veggies PIZZA (+40% Condition duration lol)( Get the 36% pizza if poor)
Master Tuning Crystals

Utility Skills : Nullfield and Feeback are mandatory because of short cd’s.
Veil is also a very good glamour opener against running Zerg.

Edit : French client says Veil is a “Symbol” skill not glamour. But thx to feedback veil is really a glamour skill.

How it works.

Basically it’s kitten mix of Berseker shater build and Glamour Confusion Bomber.
The key of the build is a combo of traits from classic glamour builds :

Domination : Confusing enchant(VIII) Glamours skill cause confusion to foes who enter/exit target aera.

Inspiration : Dazzling Glamours (XIII) Glamours skill blind foe at target location
Blinding befuddlement (IX) Cause confusion when you blind a Foe

So as soon as you see ennemy Zerg/Small Group, throw Feedback/Nullfield/Veil and Chaos storm in front of them. Foes in the target zones ll have 3 stack of confusion+blind and ll get 3 more stack when quitting them. 6 stacks of confusion hits for 1800 with this gear . Bump you ennemies with GS#5 back in the glam field to get another 6X stacks !!!!!!Up to 12 confusion Stacks your screen ll be spammed with tons of number.
Wait ennemies to hit you and cast chaos armor then switch to GS when the Zerg spreads.

Then just Izerker(Gs #4), Miror Blade (GS #2)(while precasting Mind Stab). As soon as the clone popped from miror Blade : INSTANT Mind Wrack+ Mind stab you’ve precasted. It really melt people.

GS ll also tag downed ennemy that a far away with GS #1.

Some tips/good Sense

When you cast chaos storm on you (or any glam skill) and you need some defense, simply use Staff #2 in chaos tempest to make your own combo = Free chaos armor.
Elite Skill is a question of situation. Manual Switch them.
When Porting your team inside ennemy zerg for bombing, foes ll get confusion stack when they walk on your portal.

Enjoy your bags.

LANI

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

(edited by playandchill.3908)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

“30 = V+XIII+IX (keys of the build, dont touch).”
Think you mean 30 = V+VIII+IX (keys of the build, dont touch).

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

“30 = V+XIII+IX (keys of the build, dont touch).”
Think you mean 30 = V+VIII+IX (keys of the build, dont touch).

Thx didnt see it

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

20 Insp because of Warden’s Feedback and Medic’s Feedback.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

20 Insp because of Warden’s Feedback and Medic’s Feedback.

Definitely dont worth losing 200prec/20% crit damage and Deceptive Evasion for this as we dont play with focus here.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Mesmer

Posted by: EasymodeX.4062

EasymodeX.4062

Definitely is.

Not many things better in a 20 v 20 than popping a Feedback every 10 seconds.

If you can’t read English, please do not reply to my post.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Advent.6193

Advent.6193

Hmmm … ever think of trying Carrion/Rampager, instead? Still getting decent hp, but more pre/pow.

Malegryne (Sylvari Mesmer), Lannka (Asura Thief) – Ferguson’s Crossing: [PRD/BRB/OMFG]
Other 80s: Any but Warrior

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

Definitely is.

Not many things better in a 20 v 20 than popping a Feedback every 10 seconds.

I tried it many times and i think it’s too situational.

- You need a downed ally. No downed ally = Waste of point.
- He really needs to be in a good position or your feedback ll be useless.
- Deceptive evasion is so OP

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

Hmmm … ever think of trying Carrion/Rampager, instead? Still getting decent hp, but more pre/pow.

At first I went full kitten and tried Rampager/Berseker : You loose to much cond damage for my tasting. And Confusion does not crit so getting a lot of crit chance is not the real big deal of that build :/. And those 2 K life from carrion are a blessing.

Carrion/Rampager is another possibility but i think you already have enough cond damage to tag whole ennemy zerg. But it’s nearly as good. I still pref berz because of +crit damage. It helps a lot tagging lonely downed ennemies with gs #1

I ll try a mix of different Jewellry : Rampager + Bers. Maybe going 1:4 or 2:3 is better than full Berz.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Mesmer

Posted by: kylia.4813

kylia.4813

Hi Lani,
A couple of questions, thoughts on your build:

Can you help me to understand why you would go for the Undead runes if your not stacking Toughness with your items, Undead shines when you are pushing toughness, if your pushing other stats, your better off with another rune set.

With this build I’d probably personally go Adventurer or Nightmare.

Also with your low condition damage I’d potentially rethink the Tuning crystal, again as your not going for a toughness heavy build, you can maximise the damage output of this build with another secondary food slot. (running 894 condition when typical confusion builds are running near the 2000)

Lastly I would suggest making mention of the use of portals and veil to maximise glam distribution, especially since both have the chance to increase the output of your confusion (with the traits you have listed) more than feedback or null field. (this is after all meant to be the all round glam build )

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

Hi Lani,
A couple of questions, thoughts on your build:

Can you help me to understand why you would go for the Undead runes if your not stacking Toughness with your items, Undead shines when you are pushing toughness, if your pushing other stats, your better off with another rune set.

With this build I’d probably personally go Adventurer or Nightmare.

Also with your low condition damage I’d potentially rethink the Tuning crystal, again as your not going for a toughness heavy build, you can maximise the damage output of this build with another secondary food slot. (running 894 condition when typical confusion builds are running near the 2000)

Lastly I would suggest making mention of the use of portals and veil to maximise glam distribution, especially since both have the chance to increase the output of your confusion (with the traits you have listed) more than feedback or null field. (this is after all meant to be the all round glam build )

Hey kylia

Thanks fo your input. I think undead is a good choice because of the 5% conversion that gives you about 55 cond damage wich are more important than the 50 pow coming from adventurer rune. At least for that build.

More over i prefer a bit of Cond+tough than 5% to chance to fear on hit from nightmare rune. 10% condition duration can be good but we already have 40% coming from food !

Since you cant use 2x foods you only can use foods + Maintenance Oils or Potions or Sharpening Stones or Tuning Crystals . It seems to me that tuning crystals are the best for that build. I made some maths and those cristal gives you a little more than 100 Cond damages( Dont forget we got some vitality coming from carrion stuff).

Buffed with food, we have 1080 cond damages. BUT dont forget Sigil of corruption wich gives you 250 cond damages when full stacked !!! So we are far from the 894, we have roughly more than 1300 cond damages when full buffed .

To conclude on portal and veil. Those cd are horrible : 90 secondes. Feedback and Null are only 45sec and the Aoe zones are way bigger = More ennemy tagged.

Lani

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Thanks for your reply, some intresting numbers, codition damage does not equal actual output of damage, 6.66 condition damage = 1 point of damage. so 100 condition damage equates to a total of 15 more damage. With condition damage/confusion its all about scalability, since your getting a multiplier based on stacks and based on a short duration. With your build which limits the total stack burst, getting more time for those stacks to have uptime will drasticly increase the damage output versus a few more points of damage from some extra condition damage.
Of course this is based off a modified ROE formula based on the stats you provided along with the skills/cooldowns and potential uptimes, to maximise the potential damage of your build.

Portal and veil, I would suggest investigating it a little more

in Mesmer

Posted by: Kazhiel.8194

Kazhiel.8194

But more important : Veil is not a glamour skill. So it wont work here

lol look again, veil is most certainly a glamour and one that has multiple uses. Not only if traited will cause blind/confuse but it also gives you two stealths and you can combo it for chaos armor.

Jalliel [AI] – Yak’s Bend

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

Oh, and listen to Kylia, he’s a pro glamour mesmer haha

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

You were right for some reason i’ve never seen veil was one. Testing it right now it’s pretty awesome.

Edit : English client says Veil is a “Glamour” skill. French client says it’s a “Symbol” Skill while it does says Null and Feed are “Glamour”. I dont know why xD

So we have possibility between Null/Veil/Feed/Portal.

i like the short cd of Null and feeback.

I really think we can swap Blink for veil then. It ll gives a huge boost @opener against zerg.

Thanks for your input it really improves the build.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

Happy to help, after all Glam has been my best friend since September
I’ve also got a video on how to get maximum confusion from veil on my channel as well if your interested (October build update)

And if you want to do some theorycraft I can show you the numbers where the rune swap would increase your builds damage output significantly

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

Of course let’s go for some theorycraft. Would be nice to show me how nightmare or adventurer can be better for that build and objectives i listed at the begin then i ll test it IG and add it to build description.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Mesmer

Posted by: Ojimaru.8970

Ojimaru.8970

The tone and wording used for your build description is… selfish, I suppose is the most diplomatic way to put it. When we make WvW builds, most of us aim to be either a great roamer or a distinguished asset to a group fight. However, from the words you use, it seems you’re only interested in “tagging” enemies for loot, as if WvW was just a Dynamic Event farm for you. This then leads you to build for “just enough damage” for kill credit, instead of maximum damage to outright kill or bring low enemy players, which seems to be the reason why you’re not going full Carrion, Rabid or Rampager to maximise Confusion damage.

This then leads me to wonder what this build is really good for. Farming Badges for the Gift of Battle? Not very efficient when the easiest method is to spend 30 minutes or less to run the Jumping Challenges. Maybe loot? Can’t be, since WvW loot is abysmal when compared to PVE. Or maybe…. you’re just after the World Avenger achievement title?

PS:

There’s ton of combo, learn them, really.

This isn’t a tip, just a crass “l2pnoob” statement. Consider elaborating further.

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

Hi Oji.

You are definitely right about selfish statement. That build is not for support(even if we have feedback/null and veil wich bring a LOT to a party), nor downing down ennemies very fast like i said in the description.

Well tbh now we added veil to it it can really melt people. Really.

But dont get me wrong it deals a tons of damage and really harass ennemies with all that confusion. It’s an heavy AOE build. Yes it’s a farming build. You ll get tons of badges and tons of kill. My way to play the game. But i really respect your point of view.

Taggin system sucks and im really disapointed that Support build are not well rewarded.

Blame Anet but I ll change tone a bit tho.

Thx for input

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AkXSlFKEkur9dDMtQ3NqUldMMWZiM0lRSHNSc05DckE&usp=sharing

So quick and dirty theorycraft based on autoattack average of all classes and all weapons, showing the increase in damage based on +50 condition increments Versus +.33 second increments (10%).

Hopefully this should show you the benefit of the extra 10% Vs the 50 odd condition your getting from the undead rune (again this rune only becomes viable in damage output if your stacking toughness.)

Of course the more people you hit, the bigger the gap will get.

So I will again suggest you review your use of Undead to really get the most out of this build

(edited by kylia.4813)

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

Thanks a lot kylia this is pretty awesome.

Really nice work.

TBH i found that build really nice before sharing it. Now with all those improvements it’s gonna be really OP.

I ll add you explanation to the core of the build.

I dont really like the 5% chance to fear. Personal preference i guess i ll remplace it for a gem.

So basically superior nighmares are even more better than you thought if we go with 5x sup runes + 1 gem.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Mesmer

Posted by: Pyroatheist.9031

Pyroatheist.9031

This is interesting. I’d love to see a video of it in use.

Now, about portal. You seem to think that it is useless in this build because of the long cooldown time. However, you forget how the skill works, and possibly don’t know a trick or 2 about it.

Portal has a 90 second cooldown. However, this cooldown is calculated from the moment the first portal is dropped. When left alone, this un-linked portal will persist for 60 seconds before disappearing and sending the skill into recharge. If the exit portal is dropped at the end of those 60 seconds, the 2 portals will persist for an additional 10 seconds.

Here is the kicker: Any incarnation of the portals counts as a glamour field. The unlinked portal that sits around for 60 seconds is a (small) extremely long lasting glamour field. If there is an area you can reach quickly, you can run in, drop 1 end of the portal, and just let it sit, causing massive confusion for 60 seconds. Additionally, an unlinked portal is easily the least visible of the glamours, making it harder to avoid. ADDITIONALLY, the enemy zerg will cluster on top of it of their own accord, thinking it to be a friendly portal, causing massive aoe confusion before anyone realizes what is going on.

One last thing. In a smaller fight, or in a tight choke point (thinking east keep lords room) you can drop both ends of the portal for a double-loaded glamour burst causing confusion for each portal side, double the amount possible for any other glamour skill.

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

This is interesting. I’d love to see a video of it in use.

Now, about portal. You seem to think that it is useless in this build because of the long cooldown time. However, you forget how the skill works, and possibly don’t know a trick or 2 about it.

Portal has a 90 second cooldown. However, this cooldown is calculated from the moment the first portal is dropped. When left alone, this un-linked portal will persist for 60 seconds before disappearing and sending the skill into recharge. If the exit portal is dropped at the end of those 60 seconds, the 2 portals will persist for an additional 10 seconds.

Here is the kicker: Any incarnation of the portals counts as a glamour field. The unlinked portal that sits around for 60 seconds is a (small) extremely long lasting glamour field. If there is an area you can reach quickly, you can run in, drop 1 end of the portal, and just let it sit, causing massive confusion for 60 seconds. Additionally, an unlinked portal is easily the least visible of the glamours, making it harder to avoid. ADDITIONALLY, the enemy zerg will cluster on top of it of their own accord, thinking it to be a friendly portal, causing massive aoe confusion before anyone realizes what is going on.

One last thing. In a smaller fight, or in a tight choke point (thinking east keep lords room) you can drop both ends of the portal for a double-loaded glamour burst causing confusion for each portal side, double the amount possible for any other glamour skill.

Haha thats totally true about portal cd’s. Knew this and didnt event think about it.

I still have some problem with it that i didnt mentioned earlier.

It’s not distance cast, you ll need to move inside zerg to drop it I dont really like the idea cuz the build is meant to be at max range.

Moreover it really causes a mess with allies. I used to play with portal a lot before but some commander/ players dont like you use your own. Im pretty sure you received some rude wisp like " Dont use portal if we dont say so ect….". I did. However we dont have this problem playing in small group with vocal up.

Now with that build just imagine dropping a 60sec portal in a middle of a fight. Yeah thats great cuz ennemies ll stick on it….but you allies too ^^. If you put a double portal your allies ll just random port like Zombies xD. Now it’s a really selfish build by droping " fake portal". I just cant do that or ll get massive rage from my team.

The only way it could be nice is teleporting your team inside zerg for bombing. Then yeah it would be awesome.

So i think we can stick with Veil/Null/Feedback. Portal may be a solution in few cases like team bombing.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

With the glam 20% Cooldown reduction you can maintain portals up for a total of 97% uptime

but thats got nothing to do with this build, just point of fact

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

@playandchill: The only singular drawback of portals is that you can’t drop them at range. If I were to attempt to do this, I would do it in 1 of 2 ways. The first would be to place them at somewhat of a choke point that the enemy was fast approaching, and then gtfo with all haste. The second would be to drop one of the other glamours for blink. This way you could easily make it out into the zerg with proper use of distortion, and then blink instantaneously back to safety.

The issue of confusing allies is not really a problem. If you are using this offensively, the portal probably won’t be anywhere near your allies are for the most part, and quite honestly if your allies stack up on this random portal that you dropped in the middle of the enemy zerg then those are the types of allies that would probably fire catapults backwards as well and are not really necessary to win a fight.

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

@playandchill: The second would be to drop one of the other glamours for blink. This way you could easily make it out into the zerg with proper use of distortion, and then blink instantaneously back to safety.

That’s exactly what i want to try. Never did this before as i dont know how foes ll react.

But if they see you dropping the portal and blinking away, they ll just ignore it and scream “PORTAL”. I think you ll need to cast Mass invi to get out wihout beeing seen.

This has so much funny video potential.

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Mesmer

kylia.4813

I dont really like the 5% chance to fear. Personal preference i guess i ll remplace it for a gem.

So basically superior nighmares are even more better than you thought if we go with 5x sup runes + 1 gem.

P.S. fear = lack of enemy control of direction, can be very usefull to force people to move through glam fields

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

P.S. fear = lack of enemy control of direction, can be very usefull to force people to move through glam fields

True but that 90 sec Cd is quite a problem. I feel like people ll just buy a gem rather than farming 120 token more. Or is there another way to get that rune?

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Mesmer

Posted by: Samiell.1259

Samiell.1259

I have to say that this is very refreshing to read through. Players helping eachother, a build critique not being taken personally but as a chance to refine it. I just visited WvW forums for the last time ever. Just makes me sick.
Back on track here though. I’ve used this build myself but with a toughness based mindset. The talent build is devastating. Wait for an enemy TW and toss all fields on it the. Do a CoF in the middle to watch 10 players fall over dead.
Great work here guys.

Black Ops supply line disruptions.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Wait for an enemy TW and toss all fields on it.

Feedback reflected projectiles pick up the quality of the ethereal field of feedback, causing confusion from that itself. cringe

in Mesmer

Posted by: Samiell.1259

Samiell.1259

Just delicious isn’t it? God, I love being a Mesmer.

Black Ops supply line disruptions.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Rodigee.7139

Rodigee.7139

Here is the kicker: Any incarnation of the portals counts as a glamour field.

In my experience, portal only acts as a glamour field after you’ve dropped both parts. What are you doing to get confusion procs off the entrance only?

Paris – Maguuma

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

Question: If you’re going to trait for glamours cause confusion why also trait for glamours cause blinds and blinds cause confusion? Confusion or blind only happens on entry of the glamour field right? Almost seems like one would negate the other or does the confusion from glamour and the confusion from the blind stack intensity or help the duration?

Might something like this be better, where glamours don’t cause blind but blind does cause confusion to play off of blind from scepter and blind from torch. Wouldn’t this extend the amount of time you could keep confusion on someone? http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mzmmmMz9MMFCnmMbC0oG9MxGcRMRmVs8khV707khf7kiO7070z7kNL70V7owZ7ow170z7owZ70z

Or alternatively if you like having lots of clones are your disposal and/or want to let scepter auto (since they summon right at your target) and dodge overwrite clones to cripple on death. Might be able to exert a lot of control of an enemy this way http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mzmmmMz9MMFCnmMbC0oGG0aGVRVaMVs8khV707khf7kiO7070z7kNL70V7owZ7ow170z7owZ70z

Maybe some different stated gear/armor would be better. I’m pretty sleepy at the moment, this might all look different in the morning. Hopefully I got the links right xD

in Mesmer

Posted by: Supersun.4603

Supersun.4603

Torch + Signet of Midnight is ridiculously silly when blind causes confusion.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Question: If you’re going to trait for glamours cause confusion why also trait for glamours cause blinds and blinds cause confusion? Confusion or blind only happens on entry of the glamour field right? Almost seems like one would negate the other or does the confusion from glamour and the confusion from the blind stack intensity or help the duration?

Might something like this be better, where glamours don’t cause blind but blind does cause confusion to play off of blind from scepter and blind from torch. Wouldn’t this extend the amount of time you could keep confusion on someone? http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mzmmmMz9MMFCnmMbC0oG9MxGcRMRmVs8khV707khf7kiO7070z7kNL70V7owZ7ow170z7owZ70z

Or alternatively if you like having lots of clones are your disposal and/or want to let scepter auto (since they summon right at your target) and dodge overwrite clones to cripple on death. Might be able to exert a lot of control of an enemy this way http://www.guildhead.com/skill-calc#mzmmmMz9MMFCnmMbC0oGG0aGVRVaMVs8khV707khf7kiO7070z7kNL70V7owZ7ow170z7owZ70z

Maybe some different stated gear/armor would be better. I’m pretty sleepy at the moment, this might all look different in the morning. Hopefully I got the links right xD

Blind on glamour trait actually only occurs when you first place the glamour. You get 1 hit of blindness this way. With the confusion on blind trait, this provides 1 stack of confusion for 5 seconds. The confusion on glamour fields trait causes 1 stack of 4s confusion every time someone enters or exits the area. These effects are applied independently of one another.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Here is the kicker: Any incarnation of the portals counts as a glamour field.

In my experience, portal only acts as a glamour field after you’ve dropped both parts. What are you doing to get confusion procs off the entrance only?

Unfortunately, you seem to be correct. This must have been a ninja change at some point, as you used to be able to do it.

As it turns out, dropping the first portal still causes a blind, even though it won’t act as a glamour for the other trait.

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

Blind on glamour trait actually only occurs when you first place the glamour. You get 1 hit of blindness this way. With the confusion on blind trait, this provides 1 stack of confusion for 5 seconds. The confusion on glamour fields trait causes 1 stack of 4s confusion every time someone enters or exits the area. These effects are applied independently of one another.

Thought that confusion on glamour trait caused 5 secs of confusion. So what you’re saying is having both traited to confuse would cause 9 seconds of confusion? I played glamour mesmer using kylia’s build for a while but that’s been a long time ago, it doesn’t seem like I remember people getting confusion lasting that long.

in Mesmer

Pyroatheist.9031

Thought that confusion on glamour trait caused 5 secs of confusion. So what you’re saying is having both traited to confuse would cause 9 seconds of confusion? I played glamour mesmer using kylia’s build for a while but that’s been a long time ago, it doesn’t seem like I remember people getting confusion lasting that long.

Confusion on glamour causes 4 seconds base of confusion. Also….that’s not how confusion works…

in Mesmer

Posted by: Moddo.7105

Moddo.7105

Confusion stacks in intensity not duration.

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

Well the description on the trait says it causes 5 seconds. Well, you said they were independent of each other but if they are different durations how does that work ever getting effect from both of them? So does it put one stack of 5 seconds on them and a stack of 4 seconds over top of that so you have 4 secs of two stacks and 1 sec of one stack?

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gaiawolf.8261

Gaiawolf.8261

Confusion stacks intensity, so each independent application counts as 1 stack with its own duration and the damage they do is added together for as long as they last together.

For example, if you get 1 stack that lasts 4s and does 300 damage, then a second later get another stack that lasts 5s, then you would take 300 damage for the first second each skill activation, then for the next 3 seconds (when both stacks last) you would take 600 damage. Finally, when the first stack wears off, you go back to 1 stack for 300 damage for the last 2s. If you get 5 stacks (say from scepter 3), you would take an extra 1500 damage from each skill for as long as those 5 stacks last (3s base iirc).

Lone Wolf Mesmer | Warrior | Engineer | Thief
Dissentient [DIS] ~Tarnished Coast

(edited by Gaiawolf.8261)

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

So pros and cons of having glamours traited to do both?

The way I have always used confusion is more of a control skill to keep an enemy from attacking me, or punishing them if they do, and not counting on it doing a whole lot of damage. if someone is smart they aren’t going to go willy nilly swinging thru it and if they do that’s just a little bonus damage added to what my shatters/regular hits/or phantasms are doing.

in Mesmer

Gaiawolf.8261

Generally true for duels and good players, but in zergs most ppl have mob mentality and just spam aoe assuming they are safe in numbers. Cobfusuion if god against bads just about anywhere there. Too bad there are no bad players in wvwvw tho, huh?

Pros are that you can stack extra confusion for more damage, plus massive blind gives some nice CC. The cons are that it requires 3 traits and 50 trait points.

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

Seems kinda wasteful when if you didn’t take the glamour causes blind or the glamours last longer (adds like 1-2 sec?) you could use those twenty trait points for a lot more versatile things.

in Mesmer

Gaiawolf.8261

More versatile yes, but don’t underestimated the raw power of massive confusion on noobs/zergs.

Swiss army knives are more versatile than grenades, but which would you prefer when being swarmed by enemy troops?

in Mesmer

Kazhiel.8194

Well, you can’t always count on your enemy to be a noob or that you’ll always be facing a zerg who isn’t going to be paying attention. My goal for a build in wvw isn’t to farm badges like the original poster’s is haha

in Mesmer

Gaiawolf.8261

Agreed. I had an edit going but it didn’t save. So here goes again:

My overall opinion of this build is that it is a bit OP in zerg situations. Like most glamour builds, it can be deadly in small groups if you use VOIP and coordinate well with your team. It’s a mixed bag for roaming/solo. If you meet bads, it’s all good, but it provides only moderate control vs good players on long CDs w/o the burst or defense other builds have while you wait for CDs to come back around. In this situation I think I’d try to space out the glamours one at a time, and try to whittle them down and not blow all my control at once, and hope the GS/staff combo can make up the difference.

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

Your def right gaiawolf. This build is meant to be very good when facing zerg while beeing very decent against small group.

When you face a 5 man group, you ll need to manage your Glam CD’s with caution. Most of the time yout wont throw all your glam skill at once, but you ll use them on purpose : be invisible/remove condition or ennemies boon/ nuke caster.
Too good, you ll also spread kittenload of confusion on them.

But this just your glam skill! Dont forget GS/Staff. With a decent amount of crit and power, you can really hurt with izerker and miroblade+Mindwrack. All with some good defense coming from staff. Thats why we are going to 20 in dueling, it helps a lot in small fight group.

Oh i really enjoy bumping rezzer with GS#5

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED

in Mesmer

Posted by: Gorath.5076

Gorath.5076

Where is that kitten ‘LIKE’ button when it would once be usefull …

Great infos guys! You just made my day by giving me a ton of new input to think about for my glamour build

One question though:
How much condition damage do I have to stack to be effective with this? Cause full Carrion + Berserker leaves you with almost no passive defines …
And is it compulsory to go into Duelling rather than Inspiration for the cd reduction?
@playandchill you said you would loose too much crit + crit damage. But Confusion cant Crit anyway, right?

in Mesmer

playandchill.3908

Where is that kitten ‘LIKE’ button when it would once be usefull …

Great infos guys! You just made my day by giving me a ton of new input to think about for my glamour build

One question though:
How much condition damage do I have to stack to be effective with this? Cause full Carrion + Berserker leaves you with almost no passive defines …
And is it compulsory to go into Duelling rather than Inspiration for the cd reduction?
@playandchill you said you would loose too much crit + crit damage. But Confusion cant Crit anyway, right?

Hey gorath. We have something like 1300 Cond damages (with corruption sigil full stacked ie 25 +Food+Crystal) wich is really enough to be a pain for foes.

It’s quite important going into 20 Dueling as it helps a lot doing nice damage with GS!!!
Do not forget that going gives you : Sharper images ( Crit for illusion make foes bleeding) and we have decent condition damages to make them bleed hard.
Deceptive evasion is really OP for survavibilty + Doing shatter damages.

That build is meant to be good at condition damages AND physical damages in any situation ( Zerg/Small group).

It’s quite mandatory going in 20 dueling for that build and it’s objectives.

Cheers

[LANI] Multi glad pewpew

QUIT- RETIRED