WvW Mesmer Conditon Build

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vertere.1564

Vertere.1564

I have been looking for a guide on an extremely effective WvW condition build, however many of the builds appear to be out of date. I have heard that mesmers have some really powerful conditon builds that can kill people really fast. The following is the build I came up with partially from looking at other builds, however I would welcome any advice on making it more powerful or a different direction to go in. http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgEQNAR7al4zKqnRTkGb9IipHDXwBckKoalegbXosB-jgCBYhCyoLJjCAmqAiDIZ5QFRjtMsIasaGYqUER1+AFRrGA-e

I have seen builds with 1h sword but honestly i dont want to deal with having to be in melee range to actually use it. I went with mantra of distraction and pistol to help shutdown the ability of other players to keep themselves alive which has seemed to help. Then I focused on buffing my clones to increase their dmg and to get the bleed stacks up that they cause. I figure the increased precison would help with the clones stacking the bleeds up. I am definitely new to the game with just hitting 80 in last couple of weeks on my mesmer (being my first max character). so any advice would be appreciated. One thing I am really unsure is in regards to empowering mantras. From what I understand it doesnt affect the clones or condition dmg so it might be a waste. Main reason I went as far in the dueling tree as I did was to increase the crit chance of the clones and help stack up the bleeds. Also wasnt sure what would work better for me of the other options. Only really went with the mantra of recovery due to going with empowering mantras. I like the other mantra for condition removal and the daze, but even those i’m willing to change if their is a more effective/powerful way to build this character. Thanks for any advice that you can give me.

(edited by Vertere.1564)

in Mesmer

Posted by: Saturn.6591

Saturn.6591

Can’t really give you much advice right now as I don’t have the time to do so (should be sleeping already haha).

What I can tell you is, that Empowered Illusions as well as Empowering Mantras are nearly useless in a condition build. Both only work for direct damage, which is naturally low in a condition build.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wolvenheart.9681

Wolvenheart.9681

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wisler.9485

Wisler.9485

First a tip for you: look at the stickied topics, there is one from Fay, where you can find most builds. There are quite a few condition builds which are very effective.

Now to your build
Traits which increase damage (like Empowering Illusions and Empowering Mantras) only incease direct damage and don’t effect condition damage.
Switch GS with Staff. Staff is for condition builds far superior.
Don’t use Mantras, they aren’t very effective for a condition build.
If you want to use Prismatic Understanding you should switch the pistol for a torch and take 10 points for Dueling to Domination for the torch trait. If you add Veil and Mass Invisibility you have four skills for Stealth and can get near perma Protection and Regen.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Vertere.1564

Vertere.1564

Thanks for the responses. Unfortunately some of the builds in the stick from fay do not work. However I can see that some of the builds posted are still valid just wasn’t sure with some of them being posted 6 months – 1 year ago. Good to know they are still valid. Most helpful of all was regarding the traits that increase dmg being removed from my build as well as the valid point I should switch from GS to staff. I guess I was just always afraid that without the great sword the condition dmg wouldnt be enough to take out my enemies in wvw while roaming, but it should work. I think though that i’m going to stick with pistol over the torch. I realize the nice part with the torch is the stealth, the dot (both the burning and confusion) is nice but being able to daze and stun is too much for me at this point to pass up. Of the mantras I’m thinking i’ll still use the remove conditions one since I’m not using the torch. Thanks for the advice. I am thinking I will go with http://gw2skills.net/editor/?fgEQNAW7anUEVUbBNi0wWbEx0jgb4AOSFKtSPwtLM3A-jwCBYhCyoLJjWAm6Ai8AgDIZ5QFRjtMsIasaGYqUER1+AFRrGA-e I know I should probably drop the reduction to fall dmg (even if it means taking a bit longer to get to certain locations) and should go with the torch for more conditions, stealth, and condition removal, but I think for now this should work for me. I definitely got answers to several of my doubts and questions. Thank you so very much.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Godmoney.2048

Godmoney.2048

My current fav condi spec is 0-20-20-0-30 with Staff (just got bifrost yaaa!) Scepter/focus and runes of perplexity. Focus sounds counterintuitive but it’s great for roaming and proccing the runes of perplexity.

I would wait until the rune sigil patch before purchasing perplexity runes because I’m pretty sure they’re going to be getting nerfs come patch day.

in Mesmer

Posted by: Wisler.9485

Wisler.9485

The build looks good. The torch vs. pistol thing is preference, torch is better for aoe, pistol is better for single target and of course has the stun.
I have to admit I never used the fall damage reduction. If you want to drop it I suggest staff cooldown reduction.
And in regards to the condition remove mantra, I use it too and I think it’s quite popular.